Submit

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:18 pm
((We moved this RP to Discord midway so I'm going to copy/paste everything here))

Elros Namasi
Beltan noted the flush in her cheeks and the sparkling of her eyes, but his already overwrought mind couldn't possibly produce any more fight-or-flight chemicals. So his "Oh, I'm sorry if that was too forward," came out almost normal, if a little lighter and airier than usual. "The shrimp are all for me, though, 'cause I'm shellfish like that."
The moment the, very on-brand, dad joke left his mouth, he died a little inside. But he owned it, arranging his plate so the shrimp was all piled on his side and Xoana could reach out and snag more of the salad if she wanted to.

Menelie
Xoana wasn't sure that "too forward" existed in her world; she was a woman of action. But she couldn't think of a way to say that without it sounding just a touch too sexual for dinner conversation. However--

Her lips curled into a crooked smile as she tried to stifle her laugh into a delicate giggle. She, uh, wasn't ready for him to hear her real, full-throated laugh, which would best be described somewhere between a shriek and a cackle. The result was a decidedly un-delicate snort followed by a guffaw. "I..." another little giggle, that one was better. "That was hilarious!"

She wrapped some of the watercress around a scallop and popped into her mouth, enjoying how their flavors combined. Every time she snuck a glance at Beltan her heart skipped a beat. She loved how laid-back he was, even though he could be quiet. And he was funny? Gods a little fishes, Xoana thought, I might actually be falling in love.

Elros Namasi
At first, Beltan mistook Xoana's stifled giggles for forced politeness and was in the middle of preparing an apology for his terrible pun when he was startled by her sudden snort and shout of more genuine laughter. Pleased that she enjoyed his humor, Beltan flashed her a grin and then proceeded to pass a lovely meal with her, making small talk punctuated by complimentary comments on the food and assurances to the waitstaff that everything was great, thank you.
Eventually, the time came to have their empty dishes cleared away, settle up with the restaurant, and wrap up the evening. While he had loosened up considerably and become more comfortable in Xoana's company as their date progressed, now that it was nearing the end he was feeling quite nervous again. Truth be told, Beltan had never seriously dated anyone. He'd joined the guard as soon as he was of age and dating opportunities were pretty low on the ground when one was stranded on a deserted island. Then, almost immediately after he finally made it home, one wild party later and bam! he was a single dad.
Speaking of... "So, I don't think we've gone over time, but I really should rescue the caregivers from my son. Would you like to come with me to pick Quetzal up and then he and I can take you home?"

Menelie
Xoana, while normally fairly carefree, also felt herself becoming more relaxed as their meal went on. Something about sharing food together had that effect, and the more time she spent with Beltan the more she enjoyed his company. Truth be told, this was her first real date as well. While she hadn't been exactly sheltered, per se, her father especially just doted on her and Pax and tended to be overprotective. She felt like everyone in her family (except Gran) still treated her like a teenager at best. It had been fun having some grown-up company.
At the end of the evening, Xoana did her best to conceal her disappointment. To be honest she'd sort of forgotten about the little guy, and she'd been hoping she could convince Beltan to stay a little later in her apartment. To get to know each other better... But, that would have to wait for another time. She'd definitely start brainstorming ways they could have a late night, if they so chose, without having to rescue Quetzal from the childminders. Or vice versa. She smiled brightly. "That sounds lovely." After all, Beltan's devotion to his son was one of many things Xoana found attractive about him, since family was so important to her as well, so she didn't want to make a fuss about it. He was nuts if he thought he was going home without a good-night kiss, however.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:25 pm
Elros Namasi
Quetzal was the first to notice his dad and opened his mouth to shout "Daddy!" like always when he spotted Xoana and let out an excited, "Shana!" instead. Rushing to their side, Quetzal immediately launched into an explanation of all the fun things he'd done that day and sprinkled in about a million questions. With significantly less enthusiasm and wearing their customer service faces, the staff went through the sign-out spiel and got them out the door in record time.

Vaguely shocked that he hadn't had to stick around longer and endure the usual rain of compliments on his parenting and his son's manners, Beltan tucked the still-chattering Quetzal in one arm and offered Xoana the other. "Alright, small fry," to Quetzal. "We're gonna take Shana home now and we can talk on the way. You gotta breathe between questions and give paeple a chance to answer," he finished, prompting a giggle and a temporary cease-fire.

Menelie
Xoana ignored some thinly-veiled venomous looks from the childminders, and sat down on her tail to listen enthusiastically to Quetzal's explanation while Beltan finished signing him out, resting her chin in her hand and nodding at all the right parts. "I'm glad you had such a good time, my little pufferfish!" she said, tousling his hair affectionately. She stood up and took Beltan's arm when offered. Xoana answered all of Quetzal's questions cheerfully as they swam. For the first time, she could imagine herself as a real parent, not just a babysitter, and she found her heart being tugged by a thread of longing to be part of this family.

When they reached her apartment, she turned to face Beltan and Quetzal. "Thank you for swimming me home, gentlemen," she said, addressing each of them. "And now, for a customary good-night kiss. One for you~" she dropped a little kiss on Quetzal's head. Her tone changed as she addressed Beltan, to something more romantic. "~And one for you." She put one hand on his cheek and drew herself up onto the tips of her fins to kiss him. "I had a really good time tonight," she said softly, making sure to catch his gaze.

Elros Namasi
Beltan executed a little half-turn dip so she could peck the top of Quetzal's head because, by this point, the little guy had talked himself into a stupor and was draped loosely over his father's shoulder, half asleep. Maybe because of that wholesome maneuver, he was quite surprised when her voice changed and she came in for more than just the friendly peck on the cheek he'd been expecting.

"Huh? Oh, oh yeah. Yeah, me too," he finally managed to stammer out. "We should do this again sometime." And those words were out of his mouth before he could stop and think about it. He'd wonder later what exactly he'd gotten himself into~

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers