Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:24 pm
scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:44 pm
Yeah... when I earlier thought I was due to take a vacation from work, this wasn't exactly what I had in mind. gonk  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:12 am
Do you get paid for your staycation?

I've heard a number of different ways employers are handling it. Paid time off, Unpaid time of, and lay off. Just depending on what the particular job is.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:02 pm
wellwisher

I've heard a number of different ways employers are handling it. Paid time off, Unpaid time of, and lay off. Just depending on what the particular job is.

My theater job was at least given permission to use our PTO for the shifts we would've had if we hadn't been cancelled earlier in the week. So, that was nice.

And because of the assisted living going into essentially lockdown quarantine recently, I've been working some extra hours which has been nice to make up for the lost hours at the theater. A bit stressful but worth it.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:28 pm
wellwisher

Absolutely not. And I have 35 hours of sick pay accrued. Can't cash in any of it. All employees were just put on standby until the park is permitted to open. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:54 am
A lot of places are in panic mode as well. movie theaters are in financial crunches.

Hefty amount of restaurants are closed as they don't have take out options. sports are all closed up, bars are closing up. anywhere where people normally congregate are in trouble with their businesses minimized.

No one is sure how long this will last.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:26 pm
wellwisher
A lot of places are in panic mode as well. movie theaters are in financial crunches.

Hefty amount of restaurants are closed as they don't have take out options. sports are all closed up, bars are closing up. anywhere where people normally congregate are in trouble with their businesses minimized.

I saw some dumb statistic online about how our 3.5% unemployment rate just spiked to 20% but idk... feels like more than that!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:09 pm
wellwisher

Oh, I know the movie theater thing. I got "laid off" from the one I work at because of the COVID-19 stuff.

They were already having to cut back on people's hours because we just weren't getting enough customers coming in to warrant having so many people on the clock. Part of it was because we didn't really have anything good out - some had been out in theaters since Christmas (i.e. Jumanji) and others weren't family friendly. So, business was already low due to that... so it practically went ka-put when things became more serious regarding the virus.

I'm just thankful I have my job at the assisted living to count on and help bring in some income during these crazy times.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:28 pm
Prof. Moonie
wellwisher

Oh, I know the movie theater thing. I got "laid off" from the one I work at because of the COVID-19 stuff.

They were already having to cut back on people's hours because we just weren't getting enough customers coming in to warrant having so many people on the clock. Part of it was because we didn't really have anything good out - some had been out in theaters since Christmas (i.e. Jumanji) and others weren't family friendly. So, business was already low due to that... so it practically went ka-put when things became more serious regarding the virus.

I'm just thankful I have my job at the assisted living to count on and help bring in some income during these crazy times.

I was really looking forward to the Black Widow movie! crying  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:26 am
it really varies, like, most grocery stores and big box retail stores are still open. Banks are for the most part open. (in most cases they might close an hour early to the public to clean the store, and have some teams constantly cleaning during the day)

in my case, the education system for the most part, is trying to keep a lot of their workers. Many of us that aren't doing actual online learning opportunities, are on call for other things (like delivering worksheet packets, or helping with the free and reduced lunch options by making lunches for kids) And maybe they know that since the education pay is kind of s**t, are trying to keep their workers for after things eventually return to normal.

I've heard that the cinema may never recover from this, many have been hurting already before this hit. Do you have plans for what you might be able to do after this? work full time in the assisted living? find a second job afterwards?

I was also looking forward to the black widow movie. I wasn't really impressed with Captain marvel, and they keep bringing that movie back up. But really that has been the only marvel movie of the cinematic universe that i felt could have been done a lot better.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:13 pm
Zphal
Prof. Moonie
wellwisher

I was really looking forward to the Black Widow movie! crying

It looks like Black Widow's release date is being pushed back. No date announced yet.

I know the Wonder Woman sequel has been pushed back to August.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:20 pm
wellwisher
it really varies, like, most grocery stores and big box retail stores are still open. Banks are for the most part open. (in most cases they might close an hour early to the public to clean the store, and have some teams constantly cleaning during the day)

in my case, the education system for the most part, is trying to keep a lot of their workers. Many of us that aren't doing actual online learning opportunities, are on call for other things (like delivering worksheet packets, or helping with the free and reduced lunch options by making lunches for kids) And maybe they know that since the education pay is kind of s**t, are trying to keep their workers for after things eventually return to normal.

I've heard that the cinema may never recover from this, many have been hurting already before this hit. Do you have plans for what you might be able to do after this? work full time in the assisted living? find a second job afterwards?

I was also looking forward to the black widow movie. I wasn't really impressed with Captain marvel, and they keep bringing that movie back up. But really that has been the only marvel movie of the cinematic universe that i felt could have been done a lot better.

If the Activities Director ends up requesting for the Activities Assistant position to be brought back, I would consider applying for it, depending on the days they decide on having it. I can't do full time with the receptionist position because there's a weekday receptionist.

I already was considering parting ways with the theater but haven't had much luck finding a job out there that suits my interest or if I do apply, have luck getting selected to move on in the application process. It's hard to say what I will do until I see how this whole pandemic pans out.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers