Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The journey was long, but Briosca knew it would be worth it if the strawberry connoisseur heard them out. She'd met with the female in the past on the not so kind streets of the City. Even in that distant memory, Bree could still taste those sweet jams.

There had been a surprising lack of them this year, Bree had noticed. Of course, it had been a long while since she'd been back in action, what with the Fae spirit taking her body for a ride, but now she had never felt better. With a clear head and her children running the show, it had given her a chance to not only do a ton of baking, but thinking as well. If they really wanted to prosper and bring about the best tasting food and sweets, they needed the sources close.

So here she and Foxglove were, rolling up with a cart. She'd brought her adoptive son along as the tradesmaster. Honestly, she hoped in her heart of hearts that the female would choose to be a part of their small community, but at the chance of that not happening, at least they could create a trade partnership. And Foxglove was just the Pae for the job.

She waved at Foxglove to wait a minute and walked on without him as they neared. She took in a deep breath of the newly turned earth. There was something so refreshing about it, a sweet reminder of the life that was once again returning to the island. She took a moment to wiggle her toes in it before continuing on. She needed to find the sweet, pink angel.

"Fraise?" she called out gently. "It's Briosca, Bree, we met a long time ago..."

Twitchapher the 3rd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:20 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
A pink head popped out from one of the working mounds of dirt, though it was not Fraise's soft pinks. There was the sudden flapping of wings as the light coalt flew on over to the odd strangers."Hiwhoareyouareyoulookingformomshe'sintheotherfieldhowdoyouknowherwho'sthathow'dyougethereareyoutwodatingisheyourboyfriendhowlonghaveyoubeentogetherdoyouhavekidswhyisn'tyourchestbiglikemom's oh ya mom- MOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!" The excited light coalt whipped back around as fast as she had flown up to Bree to fly off in the other direction calling out for her 'mom'.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Yes I hear you Peaches why are you yelling? I certainly didn't teach you that and neither would your father." Fraise called back as she made her way to all the commotion. Her normally light pink body was just about covered from head to toe in a layer of brown dirt. She certainly was working hard.

"Mom! Mom! Mommommommommommommom! Guests! Someone is looking for you!" Peaches was circling her mother at this point in excitement, her wings flapping a mile a minute. "Do you think the guy pulling the cart is single? He's kinda hot-Mff!" Peaches found her mouth covered by her mother's hand and she pouted.

Teenagers. "Peeeeaaacccchhhhheeeesssss please don't tell me you talk like that when you go see your father ohhhh he'd be so upset!"

Peaches scoffed. "Mom I'm pretty sure I'm related to half of the lake thanks to Hjorsnore. I can't talk like that when I'm seeing dad because I'm like blood or adopted related to everyone I see! That's just gross to even think about."

Fraise covered her face in her hands. "Please don't call him that Peaches. That's your grandma's boyfriend and I don't think your father would like you calling him that." She managed to get teenage grumblings which meant the conversation was over for the moment. Fraise shook her head and looked over to see who the visitors looking for her were and squeaked in excitement. "BREE IT'S BEEN FOREVER HOW ARE YOU DOING?" She just about bounced the rest of the way over to the fae.

"Look who's been loud now MOM!"

Fraise stopped in her tracks and let out a nervous laugh. "Teenages...." Fraise cleared her throat and stood up straight. "It's lovely to see you after all this time Bree are you well? What brings you over to my farm? Is this about the lack of supply last year? I ummm...Was busy." Fraise just about blushed as she pointed to her daughter as her reason for being busy. "But my girls are helping me this year so it won't take too long to get everything back in order." She was a huge smile and a beaming sense of pride over this fact. It was nice to have help for once.

Irish Night Fox

Twitchapher the 3rd

Beeping Lunatic

18,840 Points
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Super Converter 100

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:22 pm
Bree found herself smiling so hard at their antics that her face started to hurt. That hurt was also echoed in her heart, a sort of wincing pain at seeing the love being exchanged through it all. Bree hadn't been there. She hadn't had the chance to help raise her own kids... She didn't know what this was like, and there was almost a hint of jealousy. To see the pair so close... When her and her own daughter were struggling to rekindle such a family love.

She kept her smile up, she refused to let someone's joy be her misery. No, it was sweet and she was thrilled for the female, "Oh, Fraise, this is wonderful!" she beamed at the other "Motherhood is such a treat..." For what little she had been able to have of it, and what of it she was falling back into it now. She cherished it all. Plus, Fraise was about the sweetest thing around. "She's absolutely beautiful and so full of life. You must be so proud. I wish I had known, I would have certainly brought a gift." She lifted the basket hanging on her arm and rummaged in it a moment before holding out a light colored cookie with a sprinkling of sugar on top and flecks of strawberry within. "Would you all like to try some? You might find the flavor familiar."

Bree waved her hand good-natured at the other, "Don't worry about it. We always manage. I was just worried about you and had to find out where you had taken up residence to be sure you were doing alright. I think having and raising your kids is much more important." she looked around a second noting her words. She was finally getting help? "Is it just you, Fraise?" She seemed to recall the angel saying so in times past, but surely with the demand she was fulfilling she would have found help? She couldn't complain, though, it made the offer she was coming with even more delightful she thought.

Twitchapher the 3rd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:24 pm
Fraise brightened up at the offer a cookie. "Oh yes thank you so much Bree!" Fraise was gitty as she took the cookie and instantly snapped it in two, holding out the second piece for her daughter. Peaches quickly flew over and snatched the offered half up. "Oh I didn't tell many about my pregnancy..." The angel looked down to the ground and fiddled with her half of her cookie. "The city folk have been saying really mean things...Stuff like those in the lake are tainted...Their father is the best ever and I don't believe that so...I just kept quiet about it. Even then no need for gifts! Being friends is a gift enough!" Fraise bounced slight on her spot. "Yes yes Peaches and Kelee are wonderful and I love them to bit and their father is awesome but I already said that!" She was such wide smiles.

"It's always just been me. "She seemed confused at that comment. "I spent most of last spring traveling to the lake and back here so the girls could spend time with their father and his family. I'm not good at the swimmy thing and the breathing underwater thing like they are but it was important! When my field supplies run out I just use my powers to turn other fruit into strawberries!
It's a bit draining and I need a bit of rest time if I need to do some big change orders but I've gotten by fine! I just think it's important that the girls know what I do and it's a good work out."
Fraise was beaming as she explained her lifestyle to Bree. "I'm glad you were worried but I've been fine. Being a mom has been like a vacation from farm work! It was really nice and fun! Plus I got to spend lots of time on the beach with Zoran." The angel paused to look at the care and the strange faun pulling it. "Do you have a trade route out here?" Fraise couldn't think of a reason for Bree to be all the way out here beside checking on her. "Oh right! Manners! I've just been talking away and that's rude! Would you like some tea? Some water? I could throw something together for lunch if you're hungry!" Fraise started to bounce again in excitement. Having friends over was so nice!

Irish Night Fox

Twitchapher the 3rd

Beeping Lunatic

18,840 Points
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Super Converter 100

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 1:23 pm
Bree felt her heart clench in her chest. She couldn’t help herself and reached out to pat the top of the other’s head, comforting her with gentle strokes of her hair, “I understand, my friend. I am so pleased you’ve found someone whom your heart longs for and that he cherishes you just the same. I, uh, also would have those in the City complaining as to who I have chosen as my children’s father so you’re not alone in your hurt.”

At the other’s description of her past season, Bree was absolutely overwhelmed for her. Not only raising children, but having to travel so much!? “Fraise, you are something else! I have not met someone with so much love for their family and integrity for their work. You must have been so exhausted for so long!” she laughed in marvel of the other.

“Ah, sorry, I have been rude as well. That’s Foxglove, one of my sons.” Foxglove waved from the cart at the fine ladies, but held his ground unless his mom waved him over. “Honestly, I wanted to be sure you were doing alright first of all, but I might have come with a bit of a motive.” She chuckled at herself. “We’re starting to really ramp up on production and your strawberry products are so popular I wasn’t sure if you’d ever be interested in moving to Breeheart?”

She knew the topic was a hard one, especially with a family split between land and water, “We have beautiful farm land where we could easily get your crops going, housing for all of our residents and their families, helping hands when you need it and if you ever wanted to expand your production rate, and even a large spring for Naiad if Zoran wanted to join you or visit- then he’d find all the comforts of home.”

Though she had been talking excitedly, she slowed down and gave the other a soft smile, “I know this is asking a lot for you so you don’t need to answer right away, but I did want you to know you don’t have to do this alone anymore. Everyone at Breeheart would adore having you and I think you’d really enjoy the atmosphere and family feeling we’ve built into it, but saying no for the sake of your family is also admirable and we’d love to instead build up a solid trade partnership with you if that is what you’d rather have.”

Twitchapher the 3rd

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:34 pm
Peaches was looking between her mom, her mom's friend, and the hot stud that had just walked over to the group. She leaned and whispered to her mother. "Are you SURE he's not single?"

Fraise shh'ed her daughter as she smiled and listening to Bree compliment her on all her hard work. "Hard work? Oh I don't see it like that. It's just what I love to do. It's fun!"

What did catch her off guard was being told her strawberries were not only popular but they wanted her to move over to Bree's village? "W-what, really? You want me to move to you're home?" Her mouth was just about hanging open at this point.

Peaches was giddy at this idea. "Mom mom! You should totally go...There might be more hot guys living there!"

"Peaches please...This is not the time." Fraise scoffed to her daughter and ran her hand through her hair. At least scolding her daughter snapped her out of the shock. She could take all the time in the world to think or say no but..."It is really hard for Zoran to get up here...And help would really would mean I could work more fields." She was hmming at this point in her thoughts.

"Mom. Mom...MOM! You're not thinking right!" Peaches piped up to get her mother's attention.

"Peaches, this choice isn't about hot boys."

"It's not!" Peaches paused. "At least to me. No no Mom! More help means you could spend more time with dad! Don't you see that?"

Fraise looked surprised at her daughter's point. That was a REALLY good point. She really didn't get to spend enough time with Zoran. Help and a water source near by would mean he could visit more often and she'd be free to spend more time with him. That would be amazing.

Fraise looked to the ground thinking for another moment before looking up to Bree. Her mind was made up. "After this strawberry season...Yes, I would like to move to Breeheart." She gave Bree a wide smile.

"Yessss hot boys here I come!" Peaches was pumping her fist up and down close to her body in excitement. Her mom had clearly made the right choice.  

Twitchapher the 3rd

Beeping Lunatic

18,840 Points
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Super Converter 100

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 10:12 am
Bree laughed happily at the other's reaction, "Well of course! Not only to be able to have the strawberry jam you make on hand, but to have your beautiful spirit there? You and your family would make such a wonderful addition to our Village." she said honestly. Fraise had always been such a sweet spirit. She just knew she'd bring so much good to the others living there.

Bree tried to hold back her laughter though at the young one. She realized now how lonely it must be out here for her, "Yes, lots of other Pae come and go from there." she agreed without fully agreeing with the hot boys part. She couldn't honestly say since, ya know, she had eyes for one male. "Plus a ton of others your age living there." she offered, hoping the chance of friendship might get the girl extra excited about the thought.

Bree choked up for a minute, "You mean it?" she asked, her eyes full of hope. She threw her arms around her friend and began to squeal, jumping up and down. "I can't believe this! I didn't know if you'd go for it! Oh my gosh imagine all the fun we will have!"

Once she had let it all out she pulled away, "Got it. After this season. Then I can come with everyone and we can help you load up and move ya. Oh, oh, that'll give us plenty of time to build you all a home. So we will need to talk about what you need-" she stopped to squeal again.

Twitchapher the 3rd

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff