Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
JD Greear: God is using coronavirus to wake us up to

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:22 pm
fragility of the world
By Leah MarieAnn Klett, Christian Post Reporter

Pastor J.D. Greear explained how Christians should respond to the coronavirus and suggested that God is using the pandemic to show people that the world is both temporary and incapable of sustaining us.

In a recent episode of his podcast, Greear, pastor of The Summit Church in Durham, North Carolina, said that because Jesus told His disciples that it was not for them to know the times or the seasons, nor the day and hour of His return, “it’s unwise for us to say, ‘Hey, this indicates that the coming of Jesus is right around the corner.”

“But having said that, what I think Jesus is showing there, is that God uses things like this to indicate and shake up the foundations of the world, telling them the foundations they are standing on are fragile and there is a new reality," he clarified.

Read more: link  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:33 am
Possibly. Some people say it's a conspiracy that the virus was made by a scientist. It's really difficult now a days to understand what is fake and what is real. My dad tells me the worst is to come where even crops refuse to grow and leave us starving, strong earthquakes, and more diseases to the point there is no room to bury people.  

Sa1va

News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff