Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Surprised by Hopelessness

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:26 pm
A Response to N. T. Wright
APRIL 1, 2020 | ANDY DAVIS

The coronavirus has exploded around the world resulting in more than 885,000 confirmed cases and more than 44,000 deaths. The world’s economy has crashed, resulting in hardship for millions. Hundreds of millions are living under stay-at-home orders. With all this, it’s natural for people to ask ultimate questions: Why is all this happening? Where is all this heading?

This week I read N. T. Wright’s article with this stunning headline: “Christianity Offers No Answers About the Coronavirus. It’s Not Supposed To.” Wright argues that the Bible offers no ultimate answers to this virus and the profound suffering it has caused worldwide.

Read more: link  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:38 pm
I know that the coronavirus is dangerous but my family and I don't really panic about it. We never panic no matter how much multiple people are dying from it. If my family or I were to get it then we'll either be prepared to go to Jesus's kingdom in heaven. Or pray and thank Jesus for saving us because he is our father to us all and will save us because we love him. heart mrgreen  

Sa1va

Karo Kiba

Newbie Soldier

9,975 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:31 pm
In times like this I'm reminded of the opportunity that suffering gives us. Suffering allows us to become closer to Jesus by feeling just a fraction of His pain. That is a privilege.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:29 pm
Aloha, my brother(s and sisters), I wanted to say, from my point of view.. the reading of the verses were constantly eerily applicable to what has been going on in Hawai'i, since last year. I call this Guild my Bible Study when it comes up in conversation. Nature is particularly an astonishment in thy Kingdom:
-interbreeding among bugs or plants, for example the spiders are combining, I've never seen a hard-shell spider interbreed with a garden spider before in my life
-human evolution has sped up and more people are aware on a psychic level aka awake, so has evolution in other animals, I've met more kittens with thumb traits
-increased mutations where there's rapid reproduction, in combination with repetitive radioactive waves + a highly volcanic yet nutritious atmosphere, even ancient trees received growth spurts and grew 10 feet after decades of inactivity
-medieval diseases have returned with a vengeance, since before this latest one, the immunocompromised have always worried about life-threatening microbials, particularly in the tropics where strep/staph/MRSA thrive (and that's bacteria, viruses spread well here, moisture is their best friend)

Yet I swear I have anything and nothing wrong with me. I pray a lot to get rid of the fear and worry. Fear and stress is what lowers the immune system, invites disease to take root, and I know as an immunocompromised sufferer of autoimmune disease. I've begun to see mosquitoes as my personal acupuncture leeches, thinking of what I impart to them instead of what they drop off. Yet Heavenly Father eases any suffering when I ask relief from them, He keeps the malfunctioning car running on pure prayer, and prevents it from running when I'm not supposed to be on the road at all (this happened just yesterday as this pushy older woman decided I was supposed to give her a ride (was parked in a store parking lot). I agreed to take her as far as my home instead of the next town over where she was trying to bribe me to, but the car battery was dead and the decision was taken out my my hands, much to my apparent relief. I bet I felt apprehension for a reason, but logic to help my elders prevailed over intuition, and if no one had my back I hate to think what might've been. I could be in jail instead of typing, at the very least. Worst place to be to stay healthy (junkies might disagree).

I started following this guild when that World Tree was cut down... all those who are afraid of being sick: I sleep next to rats because my neighbourhood poisoned the cats and they moved down from the trees into the hollow ground made of extensive lava tubes. Western humans are morons, sorry, but the bubonic plague happened because dense populated gridlocks aren't natural. Hawaiians lived in circular formations with immediate family, and were nomadic. I would be healthy and happy instead of diseased and depressed if this were revived. I will ask Him about that, at least in Heaven it may be so again. I live in a rainforest and it's sooooooo hard to Hui Kala and refrain judgement as I am judged and called Crazy (now even by respected elders, because in the grief of burying three puppies I couldn't afford to save, I chopped my hair down to a Mohawk). What is REALLY crazy is I know rat and bird feces have entered my mouth from the water I bathe with, it's catchment and I can't afford clorox OR propane, the cost of living in paradise is too damn high. I dare not get another medical bill, so I'll either evolve or succumb to a coma from ratlung. I remember I'm an avatar made of clay/earth/dirt, where worms live. Every time I pray, my woes disappear, so my faith has strengthened. I know the puppies would've suffered greatly to stay in the desparate situation I live in. Have utmost sincerity and understand those who aren't spared are entering parallel realities/dimensions/existences, those of you who read this. Call it Heaven and Hell, there are other worlds than these.
Phew that felt urgent to vent! Sorry if TMI or TL;DR.

Kur0Nek03

Chatty Smoker

8,425 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items