CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 8:29 am
I have SimCity 2000 on CD & Floppy Disk. However, SimCity 2000 was the last Floppy Disk game I got. The game I played that was close to SimCity was Final Fantasy: My Life as a King, which was a combination of SimCity & MySims in a way.

There was a Need For Speed like game I played. Its called Midnight Club. Its also a Racing Game.

I just brought the LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game on Steam & PSN. The problem was is that I couldn't beat the Intro Stage because the game was still installing to the Hard Drive. LEGO Video games from Traveler's Tales are known for its unlockables through LEGO Studs & to get LEGO Studs, you have to not only defeat enemies but also build things & find breakables in each level. They're also known for its high amount of Collectables in each LEGO Game.

Slick Romance

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 5:35 pm
Hello. I tried this new game that came out which was an HD Remake of an old Doom Engine game.

So, here's the story:
Back in the earlier days before the internet, we had lots of cereal brands that were starting out & these cereal boxes sometimes had special offers which contain prizes inside specially marked boxes known as cereal box prizes.
Even today we all know cereal boxes are known for its good servings of food but they also contain prizes inside such as UPCs, Fitness items, Toys, books, Cutouts (such as masks, mazes & word searches), DVDs, Audio CDs, and sometimes even games that's included in a cereal box, just to name a few of these prizes.

Chex Quest is one of those games that was bundled with Specially marked boxes of Chex Cereal. I prefer Peanut Butter, Rice or Corn Chex myself but that's another story.

Chex Quest was released in 1996 for DOS Computers as a Cereal box prize, its a Doom Engine game that I love so much since its an FPS game that's targeted at young audiences in which you defeat enemies by sending them back to their home planet using Weapons that teleports them back to where they came from without harming them which is shown in the game's opening cutscene.

Chex Quest did well enough to boost Chex Cereal Sales by 200% & got 2 Sequels in the form of Chex Quest 2 & Chex Quest 3. Chex Quest 3 has all 3 Episodes of the Chex Quest Trilogy.

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:39 pm
Good evening. I just found out that DuckTales Remastered for the PS3 & PC have been reinstated digitally.

That game is a Remake of the NES version from Capcom & WayForward which is based on the Classic TV Series of the same name. The goal of the game is to travel to 5 different levels & locate the 5 Legendary Treasures in the Amazon, Dracula’s Castle, Africa, Himalayas & even the Moon. Once all 5 treasures have been collected, the player heads to the final level to take on Count Dracula & obtain the Extra Treasure, the Number One Dime.

If the player is playing this game on Easy & Normal, he/she can find Heart Containers on each level to increase McDuck's Health to 8, while on Hard or Higher, the player can find Hidden Treasures that are worth a Million Points. The player is also encouraged to explore the level for hidden gems & that will increase the player's score even more. The Diamonds, Rubies & Treasures found in the game can be used to unlock Gallery pieces. When the player reaches $100,000,000 in score, the McDuck's Money Bin will be full and the player would need to replay the Final Level to see the Best Possible Ending.

In the Original NES Version, to see the Best Possible Ending, the player would need to collect $10,000,000 by playing the 5 Levels, obtain all 5 Legendary Treasures, beat Magica & Glomgold to the Legendary Treasures in the final race after defeating the Final Boss Count Dracula and must find the 2 Hidden Treasures in the game.

The game also features one last performance with the original voice cast in the game.

Slick Romance

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:42 am
I just beat the Retail, Shareware, Holiday Hare 98, Christmas Chronicles & Secret Files Episodes on the Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Resurrection Source Port today. I'm finally done with Jazz Jackrabbit 2.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Jazz & his brother Spaz defeat Devon Shell, his turtle army at the source & recover the wedding ring that Devon Shell stole. Upon returning to Carrotus, Jazz & Eva Earlong continue their wedding & are finally married.

The plot of Jazz Jackrabbit 2 continues from where Jazz Jackrabbit 1 left off. Devon Shell & his turtle army continues to be an annoyance to rabbit kind but instead of conquering planets, he simply steals a wedding ring. Needless to say, its up to Jazz & his brother Spaz to recover it and defeat Devon Shell & his turtle army once again, so that Jazz & Princess Eva Earlong can get married.

The Secret Files & Christmas Chronicles introduces a new character, Lori, who, in later versions of Jazz Jackrabbit such as the Christmas Chronicles, The Secret Files and the Digital Version of the game, she's the sister of Jazz & Spaz. But playing as her makes beating the levels impossible as the levels were not designed for Lori.

The problem is that in 1998-1999, the 2D Platformers of the 1990s were dying out as all new games before the Retro Revival in the late 2000s, would be in 3D Graphics. Because 2 weeks later, the Unreal Engine would be created and showcased with the release of Unreal and this would be Epic MegaGames' first venture into 3D Graphics. However, the last game to use the Epic MegaGames Label & Name before its name change to Epic Games in 2000, was Unreal Tournament in 1999. Jazz Jackrabbit 2 was released from 1998-1999 as Epic MegaGames' last 2D Game.

Today, Epic Games is known for the Unreal Engine, as Epic Games are still around today.

Here's how I did on Jazz Jackrabbit 2
= My Scores
Episodes 1-4: Retail Episodes. 543,650 Points
Episode 5: Shareware Episode. 78,850 Points
Episode 6: Holiday Hare 98. 145,150 Points
Episode 7: Christmas Chronicles. 128,750 Points
Episode 8: Secret Files. 332,850 Points
Total: 1,229,250 Points

= Lives Remaining
Episodes 1-4: Retail Episodes. 16 Lives
Episode 5: Shareware Episode. 5 Lives
Episode 6: Holiday Hare 98. 6 Lives
Episode 7: Christmas Chronicles. 6 Lives
Episode 8: Secret Files. 5 Lives
Total: 38 Lives

Now its onto the Original Jazz Jackrabbit which lasted from 1994-1995 & was released on Floppy Disk & CD-ROM, the later which has 3 Additional Episodes, but I'll be playing two versions of the CD-ROM Version: One with Holiday Hare 94 & the other with Holiday Hare 95.

I should also mention that Holiday Hare 94 & Holiday Hare 95 are special Christmas Shareware Editions of Jazz Jackrabbit 1 while Holiday Hare 98 & Christmas Chronicles are special Christmas Shareware Editions of Jazz Jackrabbit 2.  

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:57 am
I just beat Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 & 11 of Jazz Jackrabbit today

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"One can never have enough rocks."
- Jazz Jackrabbit Comic

The story of Jazz Jackrabbit is built on the classic Aesop's Fable: "The Tortoise & The Hare" which Rabbits & Turtles continue to battle it out 300 years later into the future. Jazz Jackrabbit is a space traveling green rabbit who uses his big gun and wits to complete his jobs but his latest jobs start to take its toll on him. Then one day, he hears on the news that Princess Eva Earlong of the Planet Carrotus has been kidnapped by Devon Shell, a mastermind turtle who hates rabbits and wants to rule over them. After Jazz hears about Devon Shell, he begins his quest to rescue Eva Earlong & save her planet from Turtle Terror.

In the comic manual, the story makes fun of sources for inspiration such as Sonic the Hedgehog & the Ninja Turtles, along with another source: "Captain Bucky O'Hare", who is another gun-wielding space green rabbit from the 1991 Saturday Morning Cartoon Series of the same name, even though it lasted for 13 Episodes during its one season.

When Jazz Jackrabbit was released in 1994 to 1995, it was considered one of the best Shareware games to be released for DOS Computers during the days Epic MegaGames was competing against Apogee Software.

Jazz Jackrabbit got a sequel in 1998 to 1999 called Jazz Jackrabbit 2, which was released for Windows 95 & Windows 98 Computers.

Here's how I did on Jazz Jackrabbit
= My Scores
Episode 1: Turtle Terror (Shareware Episode). 110,020 Points
Episode 2: Ballistic Bunny. 188,290 Points
Episode 3: Rabbit's Revenge. 100,650 Points
Episode 4: Gene Machine. 80,040 Points
Episode 5: The Chase is On. 103,550 Points
Episode 6: The Final Clash. 43,780 Points
Episode 7: Out of this World.
Episode 8: Turtle Soup.
Episode 9: Wild Rabbit.
Episode 10: Holiday Hare 94. 57,360 Points
Episode 11: Holiday Hare 95. 107,350 Points
Total:

= Lives Remaining
Episode 1: Turtle Terror. 9 Lives
Episode 2: Ballistic Bunny. 4 Lives
Episode 3: Rabbit's Revenge. 2 Lives
Episode 4: Gene Machine. 4 Lives
Episode 5: The Chase is On. 5 Lives
Episode 6: The Final Clash. 3 Lives (1 Continue Used)
Episode 7: Out of this World.
Episode 8: Turtle Soup.
Episode 9: Wild Rabbit.
Episode 10: Holiday Hare 94. 6 Lives
Episode 11: Holiday Hare 95. 3 Lives
Total:  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:53 pm
What's up? I tried out the Commander Keen Source Port but it only plays the first 5 Episodes which include Invasion of the Vorticons & Goodbye Galaxy. I'm sure every gamer has heard of this one.

Its a 2D Platformer from 1990-1991 from Apogee but its also the First game that Id Software has made. Even though it was made by Id Software, the founders of Id Sofware were still working at Softdisk at the tine. Episodes 1 & 4 were released as Shareware Episodes.

The story is pretty much fun in which it centers on an 8-year old boy genius named Billy Blaze who builds a spaceship out of household parts & travels the universe under the guise as Commander Keen (that is of course, when his parents aren't home). In Goodbye Galaxy, Keen is working on a device called a Protachyon Transceiver. When it picks up a transmission of an alien race called the Shikadi are planning to destroy the universe in a single stroke. But he needs more info if he's going to stop them.

= Invasion of the Vorticons
Episode 1 has Keen exploring Mars only to his ship to find that 4 of his vital spaceship parts were stolen. Keen has to travel to the Martian Cities to recover them so he can return home.

In Episode 2, on his way home to Earth, Keen finds a Vorticon Mothership orbiting the planet with plans to blast the Earth to pieces in which Keen must board the Mothership and disable its weapon systems before it blow up the Earth.

In Episode 3, the Vorticons notify The Grand Intellect about Keen's travels, but Keen is on the move and jumps through a Warp Gate which leads to the Vorticon Homeworld with plans to find the Grand Intellect and stop him.

= Goodbye Galaxy
In Episode 4, Commander Keen heads to Gnosticus 4 to consult with The Oracle, only to discover that The Oracle's High Council has been kidnapped by the Shikadi & Keen has to rescue them who are scatted across the planet.

In Episode 5, Keen learns of the location of the Shikadi which their Ultimate Weapon: The QED (Quantum Explosion Dynamo) & travels to it, so he can destroy from the inside.  

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:18 pm
Hello. Long time. When I watched the DOS games show, I saw a Filler on the State of Pinball & that video had a hint for an old episode:
"A First Person Shooter game that originally started life as a series of Inventory Adventure games."

The current hint for the next episode of the DOS games show is this:
"An Inventory Adventure game in which the main character is played by a really famous actor."  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:37 am

Well, this is the end & I knew this day would come. After 10 years, Starcraft 2 won't be getting any more new Co-op Commanders.

I just completed the Nova Campaign again & hopefully, the clear saved data doesn't get erased this time.

StarCraft 2 was one of the best RTS games that came out in 2010 with 4 Campaigns:
= Wings of Liberty
= Heart of the Swarm
= Legacy of the Void
and Finally: Nova Covert Operations
I've beaten them all one by one, then played the Co-op which was fun too.

StarCraft 2
Started: July 27, 2010
Last Campaign: March 29, 2016 to November 22, 2016
Last Co-op Commander: November 11, 2019 (Arcturus Mengsk)
Ended: October 17, 2020  

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:55 am
ME1 Title Screen Theme
Good afternoon. I just pre-ordered Mass Effect Legendary Edition for the PS4 today.
It contains the entire Mass Effect Trilogy with all 3 Mass Effect games and all of the Add-On Content for every game.

When May 14 comes around, I'll be First in Line to pick up that game.  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:40 am
Mass Effect Remastered came out today! It has all 3 Mass Effect games & all of the Mass Effect Trilogy Add On Content for every game!

Sadly, I didn't get the poster that came with it because they didn't come in the game store yet since the game came out.

Kimian

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:42 pm
The Sphinxy

Before I wrap things up. I had the PS4 for 7 years & since the discs won't go into the drive anymore. its time could be over & I may need to upgrade to the PS5 one day.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:54 pm
CrystBalfast
The Sphinxy

Before I wrap things up. I had the PS4 for 7 years & since the discs won't go into the drive anymore. its time could be over & I may need to upgrade to the PS5 one day.

Ooph, dang. I still have my ps4 though now that I have a ps5, it's collecting dust. sweatdrop PS5 is nice. Been having fun playing Disney Dreamlight Valley on it. biggrin  

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
General OOC

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers