Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:51 am
The sun had been in the sky for several candlemarks now, but the weyrbowl was still cold enough that all of the people Anakumath could see from her ledge still wore their coats buttoned all the way to the top. As a dragon, the chill of the day was barely registered - she'd been built to withstand the cold of Between after all. Are you cold, my love? Anakumath asked, feeling for Martirae who was far from being in the bowl herself. No, the junior weyrwoman was helping with one of the many tasks a woman of her status was expected to.

No. I'm checking stock against records right now - are you cold? there was a certain humor in Martirae's tone, as though she knew it was impossible for a chill that would send the Western born woman running for an extra pair of socks to actually bother the small gold dragon. Rather than answering, Anakumath sent a wave of love back her way and continued to peer over the bowl in quiet observation.

That's when a rather familiar blue hide caught her eye - Haloth. With nothing but affection in her mental voice, she reached out. Haloth, dear brother. Would you perhaps have time to come and sit on my ledge with me? I fear it has been far too long since I have heard what you have been up to. and it was the duty of any sister to check in, was it not?

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:20 am
When Shanley had grumbled about the cold that morning, Haloth had been concerned. He wasn’t troubled himself, being a dragon, but His tended to complain. He’d suggested doing something active. Racing, he’d told her, might do the trick.

“No racing for me,” she’d laughed. “I’ll stay in and write.”

He’d gone to the weyr bowl then, to seek out company. The dragon’s head rose as he heard Anakumath call to him. I have time, he agreed, immediately. It had been a long time since he had caught up with her. I come. He took off, making his way to Anakumath’s weyr ledge. He landed, carefully. I have missed you. They were in the same general area, but lessons were over and replaced by drills. It wasn’t the same.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:42 am
Anakumath rose to her feet in order to greet her brother as he landed, leaning in to bump her head gently against his. It felt like it had been ages past, though it had likely only been a few sevendays at best. And I have missed you, Haloth. Is yours in good health? Have you done anything fun since the last time we were together?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:53 am
Haloth returned the head bump affectionately. He was always glad to spend time with his siblings. Mine is well! She complains often about the cold, but she is not unhappy. She stays inside to write. His was easy to talk about. When Anakumath asked after him, however. he hesitated.

I race, he offered. I met a green who is faster than me! He’d been stunned when the green had offered to race him—and then more so when she’d easily overtaken him. It was fun. I will have to practice! A challenge! What fun.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:55 am
Ah, mine does not much fancy the cold either, Anakumath sympathized, though it did sound as though Haloth's time inside was far more enjoyable than what her own was up to. Not that there would have ever been any complaining.

But it does sound as though you had fun. Considering Haloth's words, Anakumath couldn't help but make a suggestion: Do you think the little boy from Zenobiath's clutch would like to race you? The little speckled boy? Mikkeluth had certainly seemed rather competitive and it would perhaps be fun for both blues to have someone else to race against.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:05 am
The cold is hard for those without dragon hide! the blue said, with amusement. He didn’t need hot drinks and books to keep him going.

It was fun! Another dragon to race? Haloth seemed to be interested. He considered. I could ask him, he mused. It would certainly be interesting. I will ask Mine when he will be free next. We can race! Do you think he will agree?  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:12 am
Anakumath thrummed, a low but soft noise deep in her chest. I am sure he would love to have someone to race, if his competitive spirit on the sands had been any indication, there would certainly be a thrill to having an older dragon to race. Especially as the clutch would soon be taking to the skies and if they were anything like their own group had been they would be eager to test their wings at every turn.  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games