Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] 'nother Day, 'nother Chore (Z'rai/Shanley and dergs)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:25 pm
Graduation may have come and gone, but hardly a day had passed in Turns that there wasn't something owed or required or needed to keep Z'rai's hands busy and Kaloth's love for speculation and observations all shrp and honed and well-praticed. Today was no exception.

Despite the brown's outward seeming calm and quiet, he was keeping up quite a lively banter with Z'rai while the rider of the pair worked on mending a few buckets used to haul fresh meat to new Weyrling dragons, just to be sure there were enough to go around. He had one more or less reassemb;ed, just waiting to be firmly set back together with a few good hammer blows.

If you had chosen a heavier tool, we could be done by now, and resting up above everything. It's a better view from up there.

"I know," Z'rai said with fond exasperation. "Hard to haul broken pieces up and down though. Later, I promise. There's only a few more."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:15 am
Shanley hadn’t expected chores to end completely when their lessons had, but she had been surprised to find herself just as busy. Haloth was encouraging her to keep going. There was nothing quick about chores. He had wanted to spend the day swimming. He’d had more luck convincing others to participate in swimming races thus far.

When they said slow and steady wins the race, they were lying, Haloth informed her, impatiently. Come on, mine.

Shanley laughed and shook her head. “Shortly,” she promised.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:27 pm
Z'rai looked up at the sound of laugher and smiled a little himself. "'ey, Shanley," he called out before giving one of those pieces of wood a solid tap. It slotted into place and he shifted the next to be ready for the next blow. "He's keeping you on your toes today, is he?"

Always, Kaloth corrected his rider. Haloth doesn't like to be still. Nothing is fast enough for him. Not you. Not I. Nothing. The brown wasn't cross about it. Just observing a fact as plain to him as a nice afternoon's breeze. He rumbled a greeting to his smaller brother.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 10:37 am
“Hello, Z’rai. Nice to see you again. Haloth? He always is,” Shanley said with a laugh. She shook her head and turned from her project. “I don’t know that he’ll ever slow down.”

Why slow down? We can rest when we are dead! Hurry, mine. Oh, hello Kaloth! Would you like to race today? You may beat me yet. A race was fun with siblings, even if one didn’t fly at their full potential. No one would race him if they felt they would always lose.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:52 am
"That's all right," Z'rai said, looking over the blue with a smile. "Some things don't much matter if they grow out of them or not." Being constantly on the mve was one of them. Stuffing everything in their mouths on the other hand, that could cause problems. Looking back to her, he asked,"Whatcha workin' on?" And set the next peg with a solid tap.

Kaloth rumbled again, this time in amusement. It will be a very strange day when I beat you, brotherHaloth. You are very fast and I am not. I do not think racing will change that today.

Thaliawen

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff