Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Quarantine Goals Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:10 pm
So since most of us are stuck at home most of the day now, what is everyone doing to take up their time in terms of cosplay, what you're watching/playing, or any other geeky things that you're doing.

I'm currently working on making cosplay and watching anime while I pin/take a meal break.

I'm working on:
A hero-style body suit (Ya Ya Han's McCall Pattern)
Renge from Ouran High School Host Club
Elsa from Frozen
Two decora skirts (one pastel, one galaxy)
a dress-tie with "The Incredibles" fabric for the hubby.
A new chemise for Ren Faire

As far as anime:
FMA Brohood (3rd time)
Kono Oto Tomare!
Black Clover
Baruto
Food Wars!
Fruits Basket

As I get done and start new piece I'll tell you how it's going. My husband says no more until one is done, I got rug burn from all the cutting. xd  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 9:40 pm
Well, thanks to all the Trumpbux I got, I bought a stack of anime I needed to watch/finish watching, picked up a copy of Cactpot Party(the FF XIV board game), got my Concellation staff badge and shirt, and upgraded Mayuyu(my PC, bought as a refurb a few months ago)into a gaming monster(adding a newer monitor, raising the amount of RAM to 28gb, and adding a 4GB video card, along with a better power supply)

Hopefully, Nekocon will still be going on in the fall. Right now, it's still kind of wait and see on that.  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:38 am
Update:

Done with Renge, body suit, and the decora skirts (by not having the items I need or done, done)

Currently Working on:
Elsa
Dress-Tie
Chemise
Mario and Peach Costumes (Mostly done already)

And
Starting a Rococo style dress upper piece (think more lolita/Steampunk).

Anime:
Hasn't changed as most of them are still premiering or are very long series.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 8:29 pm
Lately I have been checking out Cosplay Apps for my phone. I usually change the wallpaper on my phone every few days with either a cosplayer photo or an anime character photo. Their are some Cosplayer Social Apps to check out but not many.

Also I have been binge watching the RWBY, Sailor Moon, and the Pokemon XY series (Which is my favorite season). I'm currently watching for the first time the Pokemon Sun / Moon series. It's different than I expected.

I recently bought the movies Star Wars - The Rise of Skywalker and Frozen II. I can't wait to see people cosplaying the characters from both movies.

Convention wise things are on hold for me. I hope that Youmacon will happen in Detroit this year. I want to try out my new camera and take more photos of cosplayers.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 11:36 am
smithers456
Lately I have been checking out Cosplay Apps for my phone. I usually change the wallpaper on my phone every few days with either a cosplayer photo or an anime character photo. Their are some Cosplayer Social Apps to check out but not many.

As far as apps go I've used Cosplanner (but I wish they would update some features to make it a little more friendly) and Amino.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:11 pm
angelmage99
smithers456

As far as apps go I've used Cosplanner (but I wish they would update some features to make it a little more friendly) and Amino.

Those two Apps I'm familiar with. If you find more let me know. Thanks  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:13 pm
smithers456
angelmage99
smithers456

Those two Apps I'm familiar with. If you find more let me know. Thanks

Of course.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:16 am
Finish building Crescent Rose.

I've been studying, planning, and researching it's construction for the better part of 3 to 4 years. Aside from it being able to transform I also wanted it to be foldable.  

ChaosKnights

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:59 am
ChaosKnights
Finish building Crescent Rose.

I've been studying, planning, and researching it's construction for the better part of 3 to 4 years. Aside from it being able to transform I also wanted it to be foldable.

Sweet.

I found out that after editing a pattern I have room for two or three costume pieces on an oversize piece of fabric (a little nicer one) I got for $35. It was like twelve yards.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:01 pm
angelmage99

Sweet.

I found out that after editing a pattern I have room for two or three costume pieces on an oversize piece of fabric (a little nicer one) I got for $35. It was like twelve yards.

Damn, that is a sweet deal.  

ChaosKnights

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:17 pm
ChaosKnights
angelmage99

Sweet.

Damn, that is a sweet deal.

Yeah. I'm just glad a pattern that needed 8 1/2 and another one needing 10 1/2 yards can be done with one batch. I thought I'd have to pick and chose, but I got done with one and thought I'd at least check.

I wont have enough for the puffy sleeves, but it'll make a nice vest dress for ren fair.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:40 pm
blaugh blaugh currently because of covid i have been doing many things:
mostly i have been reading mangas i found a couple more to add onto my list or collections lol
i am watching anime but right now i am watching Baki the grappler thats on youtube and then watch the latest season on netflix.

im also doing a whole bunch of other things but its a lot of explaining and such so ill jus talk about the recent things i have been doing:
hangul
exercising a lot more i want to become more flexible especially for the fact that my niece is in gymnastics and she wants me to do flips and stuff with her eek so i am currently teaching myself how to do all of these things that she knows how to do and want me to do...... and yes it is hard but in the end it will be worth it for her lol especially knowing im going to need icy hot and pain killers crying  

iBundles Dabs
Crew

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:32 pm
iBundles Dabs
mostly i have been reading mangas i found a couple more to add onto my list or collections lol
i am watching anime but right now i am watching Baki the grappler thats on youtube and then watch the latest season on netflix.

im also doing a whole bunch of other things but its a lot of explaining and such so ill jus talk about the recent things i have been doing:
hangul
exercising a lot more i want to become more flexible especially for the fact that my niece is in gymnastics and she wants me to do flips and stuff with her eek so i am currently teaching myself how to do all of these things that she knows how to do and want me to do...... and yes it is hard but in the end it will be worth it for her lol especially knowing im going to need icy hot and pain killers crying
So your niece wants you to "Flip" for her. Let us know how that works out. In High School as part of gym class we did Gymnastics. I did pretty good. Not now though.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:57 pm
smithers456
iBundles Dabs

hangul
So your niece wants you to "Flip" for her. Let us know how that works out. In High School as part of gym class we did Gymnastics. I did pretty good. Not now though.

i wish it was a simple cartwheel crying but she wants me to do all sorts of things i know im only 25 but idk if my body will be able to keep up with hers. But i definetly will keep ypu guys and gals updated.  

iBundles Dabs
Crew

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:45 pm
As this year is coming to a close I've seen on Instagram what many of our Cosplayers have been busy with. The times that we are in has given some cosplayers a chance to update their Cosplay outfits. Also with cons being canceled some have had photoshoots done outside at various locations. As for me I'm going to do my best to keep this Guild going and think about what Cosplay outfits that I want to make. It's been many years since I have created an outfit.

I'm wondering what plans you have for the future and what you have done this year.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff