Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply West Coast & Mountain Conventions
Anime Expo

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:01 am
Anime Expo
July 2-5th, 2021
Los Angeles, CA

Anime Expo is the premier Anime Convention in the U.S. It is also the largest and is were you see those announcement panels for upcoming dubs and releases.

Associated Websites:
Anime-Expo.org
Facebook Group
You Tube
Twitter
Instagram

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:40 pm
Anime Expo 2014 Thread
Page 1/2

Extreme Cuddler Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:01 am
Los Angeles Convention Center
July 3-6 2014
http://www.anime-expo.org/

I-Seisui-I Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:38 pm
I'll definitely be there! Anyone else?

The Heartless Princess Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:30 pm
I'll definitely go for at least a day.
Last year there were so many Attack on Titan cosplayers!
I wonder what we'll see more of this year.

kayvirus Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:05 pm
yea me and my bf are hoping to attend im going as wanda wilson (lady deadpool) and hes going as deadpool gonna be awesome cant wait soo excited wink

Dark Felicia Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:01 pm
This will be my first year there ^^
Really excited for it <3

Extreme Cuddler Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:14 pm
I am going for sure, not sure about a cosplaying thought

xinitia Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:36 am
If only I didn't work in retail.. T-T

Extreme Cuddler Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:25 pm
xinitia
If only I didn't work in retail.. T-T
I work in retail also, I would suggest trying to go for at least 1 day (sunday is half day)

HikariSuoh555 Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:55 pm
I'm so going! blaugh And I'm like crazy excited about the whole Sailor Moon English Dub Cast being there smile Plus Vic Mignogna whee

Extreme Cuddler Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 5:02 pm
HikariSuoh555
I'm so going! blaugh And I'm like crazy excited about the whole Sailor Moon English Dub Cast being there smile Plus Vic Mignogna whee
cool this will be my 6th year attending,and I barely decided on my cosplay :3

HikariSuoh555 Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 5:16 pm
Extreme Cuddler
HikariSuoh555

Hahaha, Yeah... It's my 4th year attending and I plan to go as a Sailor Moon character :3 (That or Ouran...)

Extreme Cuddler Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:25 pm
HikariSuoh555
Extreme Cuddler
HikariSuoh555

Hahaha, Yeah... It's my 4th year attending and I plan to go as a Sailor Moon character :3 (That or Ouran...)
Cool this, will be my1st time cosplaying since my 1st con, its tough for me to make up my mind on a cosplay.

ColeDeWitte Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:28 am
Okay, that was a blast. Even if I was standing in line to get my badge from 10am to 2:15pm on Thurs. and got sunburnt.

XD

Extreme Cuddler Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:23 pm
ColeDeWitte
Okay, that was a blast. Even if I was standing in line to get my badge from 10am to 2:15pm on Thurs. and got sunburnt.

XD
thats linecon 2014 for you lol, I just went friday, saturday was so packed that I ended up just staying in my room and gaming with friends.

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:04 pm
Anime Expo 2014 Thread
Page 2/2

smithers456 Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:56 pm
Hi, I didn't go to Anime Expo myself but after what I heard from my "Cosplay" friends it was an incredible convention. My friend Valerie dressed up as Tifa from Final Fantasy, Sailor Mercury, and 3 other anime characters (Sorry can't post those photos).

My friend told me that the new Sailor Moon Crystal episode was shown at the con and their was a special event, fashion show, and photoshoot of and for Sailor Moon series fans. I heard that at the con a special announcement about the Blu Ray edition of the original 5 seasons of Sailor Moon is coming out in November. Being a big fan of Sailor Moon myself I would have Loved to have been to this convention.

I would like to hear from anyone that went to the con their impressions of the Sailor Moon events. You can reply either here or on a thread that I started about Sailor Moon Crystal in the Anime sub forum. Also I would really like to hear about all of the adventures that our members had at this con and about the cosplay outfits that you wore to it. smile

bubbawolf55 Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:34 pm
I went to the anime expo 2014 and this was my second year going. I was actually disappointed this year. The main event I really wanted to go to and about the only one that made this year worth going to was the SAO premier of GGO I waited in line for 3 hours while the friend I went with stayed there for five to make sure I had a place in line. I'm just curious did anyone ells go to this event? The line was completely outside and they didn't even provide water.

smithers456 Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:04 pm
bubbawolf55
I went to the anime expo 2014 and this was my second year going. I was actually disappointed this year. The main event I really wanted to go to and about the only one that made this year worth going to was the SAO premier of GGO I waited in line for 3 hours while the friend I went with stayed there for five to make sure I had a place in line. I'm just curious did anyone ells go to this event? The line was completely outside and they didn't even provide water.

I'm sorry to hear that you had to be in line for such a long time. I've had to do that for cons too. Sometimes it's hard because it makes me often choose between two different things that I really want to go to. SAO is very popular right now. I have taken many photos of SAO cosplayers.

bubbawolf55 Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:35 pm
Many people asked by then end of the sao event if it was worth it. I still say it was tottaly worth it. When we first walked in everyone at the event got a sighned posted of GGo it had all the main characters sigs, the wrioghter and producer, and even the singer of the into sig.

They showed the top three episodes fans pick two of them were the sadest episodes. the third most was the episode Kirito gets the entire guild killed. The second most was the episode uei gets turned into the tear drop and becomes a item. Most of the people including myself were crying at those episodes. But the voice of kirito "The voice actor" his favorate episode was everyone ellses. It was when kirito pulled out his second sword for the first time to show is new skill and calls it "starlight burst"

After everyone cryed and laughed at the three episodes GGO came on and you could feel the excitment in the room. I will end with the wait was tottaly worth it. Especally for the air conditioner lol.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:21 pm
Anime Expo 2015 Thread
Page 1/1

Urahara_Kisuke_21 Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:44 am
Who is going to anime expo this year? Also If you guys have a facebook profile page or a facebook cosplay page then just post it on.
This is my facebook profile page: https://www.facebook.com/tenchi.kurosaki
And this is my cosplay page on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TKsCosplay

Extreme Cuddler Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:08 pm
I will be, this will be my 8th year going. I am currently bugging my friends to cosplay persona 3 characters with me ( I will most likely be akahiko)

Rawr The Kitty Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:57 pm
Too far sad

Extreme Cuddler Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:00 pm
Rawr The Kitty
Too far sad
its extremely close to me, its about 15 min drive but, I still choose to stay in a hotel with my buddies

Extreme Cuddler Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:23 pm
Im planning on cosplaying akahiko from persona 3. My friend might be either minato or shinjiro, and another might be junpei.

Kamui Kiriyu Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:27 am
Going to be my first time going there and I'm traveling all the way from Hawaii so I'm both excited and anxious since, seeing youtube videos, it's going to be super crowded.

Hopefully I survive lol

Starz-N-Madness Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:13 am
Extreme Cuddler
Im planning on cosplaying akahiko from persona 3. My friend might be either minato or shinjiro, and another might be junpei.

If I was there, I'd wear my Aigis cosplay! cat_blaugh If you all decide to cosplay P3, I'd love to see how it turns out.

Extreme Cuddler Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:23 pm
Starz-N-Madness
Extreme Cuddler

If I was there, I'd wear my Aigis cosplay! cat_blaugh If you all decide to cosplay P3, I'd love to see how it turns out.
yeah of course, I think they want to do a dancing all night 1 now :/

Extreme Cuddler Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:24 pm
Kamui Kiriyu
Going to be my first time going there and I'm traveling all the way from Hawaii so I'm both excited and anxious since, seeing youtube videos, it's going to be super crowded.

Hopefully I survive lol
cool, hopefully you enjoy it. I will be there as well, and it is usually crowded but still lots of fun.

Kamui Kiriyu Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:38 am
Extreme Cuddler

cool, hopefully you enjoy it. I will be there as well, and it is usually crowded but still lots of fun.

The crowds will be killer lol

But if you don't mind, I wanted to ask a question. What is the best time to pick up badges on day 0? I don't want to deal with the crowds and the hot weather so I was thinking maybe around 6 would be enough time to get in line, wait, and get my badge before they close up shop for the day.

Have you ever got it at night? Or is it as bad (crowd wise) getting it at night as it is during the day?

Extreme Cuddler Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:40 pm
Kamui Kiriyu
Extreme Cuddler

The crowds will be killer lol

But if you don't mind, I wanted to ask a question. What is the best time to pick up badges on day 0? I don't want to deal with the crowds and the hot weather so I was thinking maybe around 6 would be enough time to get in line, wait, and get my badge before they close up shop for the day.

Have you ever got it at night? Or is it as bad (crowd wise) getting it at night as it is during the day?
latest I got it was during my 1st year I went in the afternoon got it at closing, I was one of the last 10 people to get it that day. Morning sounds great, I know some people camp the night before. I suggest taking water bottles, and maybe an umbrella or hat just in case.

AuroraDyne Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:49 pm
I will not be in attendance this year due to SDCCI changing their dates. the conventions are two close together for me to prepare for both.
I hope everyone who attends AX though has fun!

Sakura_Madison Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:44 pm
I will be heading down there this year. ;D

guromika Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:55 am
I will be attending all four days! And probably going Day 0, just to get my badge before Day 1 line crowds. It'll be my second year. :3

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:24 pm
gaia_spoons Reserved  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:28 pm
gaia_spoons Reserved  

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:30 pm
gaia_spoons Reserved  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:33 pm
gaia_spoons Reserved  

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:34 pm
Anime Expo 2018 Thread(s)
Page 1/1

Extreme Cuddler Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:41 pm
July 5-8 2018, "pre-show" on the 4th of july
Also badges are being mailed this year, unless u r out of the country as far as I know.

smithers456 Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:00 am
Greetings Fellow Guild Members,

I come across interesting facts every now and then from different Newsletters that I get on the Internet. Here is one of them:

---Please Note - The J-List website itself is for adults only. For anyone who went to the Anime Expo Convention this year I hope that you had a great time and I apologize for posting this after the con.---

J-List Newsletter - Wed, Jul 4, 2018

Anime Expo 2018 and the History of Cosplay

It’s time for another Anime Expo 2018, our favorite time of year. It’s a great event when around 110,000 fans come together and share their love of anime, Manga, and more. This year our panel is early, on Wednesday, July 4th at 9:00 pm-10:00 pm in Workshop 1 (403 AB). We’ll have surprise announcements, excellent goodies for everyone who attends, plus the lovely former JAV Kaho Shibuya as a guest of honor. Check our blog post for all the juicy details and make sure to enter our official contest.

There’s a lot to love about anime conventions. Since the first dedicated anime-only event (Anime Con back in 1991, which was the predecessor to the current Anime Expo), anime conventions have become the primary place for fans to come together with other fans to celebrate world peace through shared popular culture. A lot of people live in parts of the country that aren’t blessed with highly developed and nuanced sub-culture, and I believe anime cons let people meet like-minded people and build great social bonds, exploring new sides of themselves and making new friends.

Anime cons are also a great place to enjoy some awesome Cosplay culture, and I know I’ll be taking lots of photos of cosplayers during Anime Expo 2018. As usual, it’s fun to trace the history of concepts that are familiar today and find out where they came from. The word was coined in the June 1983 issue of My Anime magazine, which included a special feature on “hero costume play” that had to be shortened to “Cosplay” on one page to fit into the layout. Of course costuming has been a thing for decades, but Japan’s approach and dedication to the art form has been great fun for us all.

West Coast & Mountain Conventions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games