Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Which Preachers do you Listen to?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

free
  gold/plat
View Results

Rysabi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:54 am
Figured this would be a good discussion for the guild. That and I want to learn about other good preachers that I haven't heard of before.

What preachers do you like to listen to on TV or YouTube?
Which ones can you not stand?
Why/why not?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:28 pm
I like to listen to sermons on Youtube while I do coursework or play around on Gaia. I don't watch a whole lot of tv.

I enjoy Paul Washer and Voddie Baucham. I feel like they rely on the word and will deliver a great message. I like that they seem to be more concerned about delivering the truth instead of putting on a show or just making someone feel good about themselves. I always get a lot out of their sermons. I like that they use a lot of scripture to back up their points.

A preacher that I cannot stand is Joel Osteen. I won't read his books or listen to him. I used to listen to him before I knew better, he is a great speaker, however, I have problems with the prosperity gospel that he bases many of his messages on. Being blessed by material things doesn't fit with 1 Timothy 6:6 "But Godliness with contentment is great gain." Plus Jesus told his followers to give up their possessions, not to seek more things. Luke 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple. I think he is good to listen to if you want to feel comfortable but I want to learn and be convicted. I don't want to only feel good and be stagnant. I don't want to bash but I just have issues with what he preaches.  

Rysabi

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:43 pm
I've got a few preachers I consider to more or less deliver a biblical message.
Charles Spurgeon is trustworthy. Tom Conway. I have never thought he is holding back or adapting his delivery of Biblical truth when speaking on a topic. He is always in-depth on whatever he decides to speak on. Robert Charles Sproul. John Piper. John MacArthur. However these being mentioned though I think considering what any preacher say regardless of whether you trust them or not you should be mindful of accepting everything as the gospel truth. Great topic by the way! Awesome idea!  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 7:55 pm
I really have enjoyed the candid conversations of The Messy Spirituality Podcast.

https://messyspirituality.podbean.com/

The host is someone I had the pleasure of ministering with for several years and although we are no longer as close I still adore his heart.

I have also found Heretic Happy Hour to be very refreshing. I may not always agree with one or more of the guys, but their perspectives are insightful and a they nicely balanced eachother.

I cant stand.. many 😭😂 I feel theres lots of prosperity gospel on tv and blegh. I like REAL people and not sensational personalities.  

11 Cardinal 11

Rysabi

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 8:14 pm
Garland-Green
I've got a few preachers I consider to more or less deliver a biblical message.
Charles Spurgeon is trustworthy. Tom Conway. I have never thought he is holding back or adapting his delivery of Biblical truth when speaking on a topic. He is always in-depth on whatever he decides to speak on. Robert Charles Sproul. John Piper. John MacArthur. However these being mentioned though I think considering what any preacher say regardless of whether you trust them or not you should be mindful of accepting everything as the gospel truth. Great topic by the way! Awesome idea!

John McArthur is awesome! I like him! I need to check out the other dudes you mentioned. heart  
The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games