Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Christian Music Or Your Own Songs

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaliscan

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:48 pm
So I know there is a lot of Christian music out there and I would love to hear what everyone likes to listen to! I want to make a playlist on my Youtube channel so I can play it.

I am also curious to hear if anyone has ever made up a song for God or Jesus. Or just about them. I know when I was on the train yesterday I made up a song singing to God a short version of my life and feelings. I have a terrible voice but I did it anyways. sweatdrop

I'll be posting links in this post to Christian music as I find them so stay tuned!  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 12:43 pm
My favorite Christian band is Skillet. Day of Fire and Hawk Nelson are old favorites too. cat_3nodding  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

Kaliscan

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 3:38 am
OtakuKat
My favorite Christian band is Skillet. Day of Fire and Hawk Nelson are old favorites too. cat_3nodding

I will have to look them up! Their names sound interesting.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 8:54 pm
Not gonna lie, Im not a huge fan of Christian music as a whole.. I find a lot of it cheesy hhoowweevverr

Five Iron Frenzy is great, the song Dandilions is A+. Theyre a ska band.

Brave Saint Saturn is a project from the singer of FIF and its more indie.. electronic.. futuristic space adventure. razz Daylight or Estrella oorr The Sun Also Rises are all solid.

Further Seems Forever - The Moon is Down will forever be on my playlist. Young Chris Carrabba had the voice of an ANGEL ohh mmyyy. Well. He still does bbuutt whatever. So. Further Seems Forever was a great christian project and the new singer isnt bad either! Dashboard Confessional, the singers next project, is an all time favorite.. Chris really came into himself and while the project wasnt ‘christian’ he is and many songs deal with faith and growth and just.. life. Write It Out gives me chills. End of an Anchor is great. Dusk and Summer makes me cry. Get Me Right is his struggle with keeping the faith and is pretty powerful. In the Shade of the Poison Trees makes me reflect heavily. Honestly I enjoy their entire discography. Its all acoustically stuff, the first several albums are just Chris with a guitar, the last couple are more upbeat and pop-y. Chris’s latest project is a folk-y bluegrass-y knee slapping great time called Twin Forks. Theyre fun! Back to You and Scrapping up the Pieces are my favs with Hard Times reserved for when I want more meditative quiet music.

Emery! Post hardcore.. screamo.. pop punk stuff. Listening to Freddie Mercury and Studying Politics are both good. I dont listen to them often, but when I do its very nostalgic and a pleasure.

I never really got into UnderOath but they were pretty great when I did hear them! Truthfully I just kinda ‘missed’ that train, they were popular when I was to busy listening to Fall Out Boy, MCR, and Panic!’s first album.. ooooppss. I did get into their side projects, though! The Almost - Amazing Because It Is..is beautiful! The Almost are acoustic stuff and some pop punk stuff, the singer has great vocals! Another side project is Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster.. just.. nitty gritty hard southern rock. Step Up and Dry The River are routinely blasted while I do dishes... glad I dont have neighbors. Maylene are not ‘loud’ christians in their music as the music is supposed to be over the top in its presentation (mullet mosh pits at face value, hints of divine justice throughout though) but the guys are all men of faith and so down to earth, over all just wonderfully kind and loving people.

Cant go wrong with silly songs from veggietales. LOL.

Mastisyahu. Jewish reggae and beatboxing? Um. Yes please! Time of Your Song, Youth, One Day, and King Without a Crown.. I’ll stop here but.. honestly.. ALL OF HIS STUFF AAHHH.

SOJA is another reggae kind of sound with some ska influences. I need to be moving when listening, its easy to step in time to most of their music. Rest Of My Life, Summer Breeze, Losing My Mind, annddd Not Done Yet.

I can probably keep going, but oh well. None of these are contemporary worship kind of music  

11 Cardinal 11

The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff