So, strap in, because backstory first so you can understand the context. Also, the details are grim. This is your trigger warning. Don't read if details of death or hospice care bother you. sweatdrop

backstory ~
My great Aunt was in hospice care for weeks. We know she had lung cancer but I think it spread throughout her body. Near the end, she only weighed 70 pounds or so. There was literally no fat on her body at all. She couldn't move and had family caring for her along with a nurse 24/7. She was 98 years old. My great Aunt had a difficult life. She lost her firstborn daughter and she never fully recovered from that, it was a deep source of sadness for her. Her daughter was still a child when she passed. She had seven siblings, one was my grandmother who passed a few years ago. They all passed before her. She wanted to be with Jesus and her daughter that passed more than anything. She loved Jesus and it bothered her that she couldn't read her Bible because she went blind towards the end. She also couldn't listen to her favorite preachers on TV because she also went deaf.

The Weird Thing~
Now, last night I prayed. I was asking Jesus to please allow her to come home so she could be with her daughter and other siblings whom she missed dearly. I explained that I loved my Great Aunt dearly but she was suffering greatly. I didn't want her to go but I understood that we would see her again when it became our time. Other family members were praying the same things. During praying, I saw these bright blue flashes of lights and they were pretty bright. In fact, I got scared because they were so vivid and I have never witnessed anything like that before. My eyes were shut while praying and I still saw them. I was in my room and there were no cars outside. All the lights were off because I was going to bed. It was a clam night no storms so it wasn't lightning. I couldn't find a source for those lights. Anyway, she went home to Jesus today. I'm not distraught, I miss her but I am so happy that she's in Heaven. It's a bittersweet thing.

I thought I'd share this because those lights I saw while praying were so odd. Does anyone have an idea of what they were? I was wondering if maybe it was a sign that my prayers were heard or something to that effect? Has this happened to anyone else?