Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Ombre Housing District
1303: Za'saad Zabirith Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:20 am
User Image

User Image

tab tab ooc: xoxo
            tab tab outfit: sneakers, hoodie, jeans. left sleeve tugged into the shirt, bcs one-armed, also eyepatch as forever.
            tab tab posting colour: #D19FE8

No he did not.Z agreed as the woman slowly invaded his space. His eye was laser focused on her and everything she did like the world around them didn't even matter anymore. At the time, he had been slowly raising his can of beer, but she snatched it right off his lip with that cheeky cute smile on her face and how could he not match her audacity? The edges of his mouth curled upwards in a bit of a smirk as he leaned against the counter sideways, abiding his time till she put the can back down. The moment it touched the table, his hand was on top of hers, keeping her grasp on the can with a gentle squeeze and light caress of his thumb on her skin. Do you now? Za’saad asked in a smooth softened tone, taking her dare headon and took a small step towards her as she withdrew just a smidge. I should’ve guessed with those cute little fangs and that not-so-innocent smile of yours. In fact, perhaps I shouldn’t be too surprised if you were playing me right now. His voice was nearly a whisper as he leaned further and further towards her, returning her challenge by going 99% of the way, hoving just a hair’s width away from planting a kiss to her lips. His fingers left their post around her hand, ghosting up along her arm and barely tracing lines along her skin.Is this something you want? Za’saad then asked, taunting her a little with a smirk still plastered on his smug face. If so you’ll have to take it. and he was practically daring her to. Two could play this game.

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:23 am
User Image

C..Odename
S..Tryker

Watch the Shadows

╰☆ Behind the can as she tipped it back there was a smile as he didn’t protest or get disgruntled by her taking the van from him. But what Stryker hadn’t been prepared for was the way his hand wrapped over hers and kept it gripping the can. The swipe of his thumb over her skin sent a shiver up her spine and her heart began to pound in her chest. She wasn’t used to physical contact, so this was quite a lot for her. Not that she disliked it. Was that the alcohol talking? At the moment, she didn’t quite care. Though she could quite literally hear her own heart beat in her ears from how hard and fast it was hammering away, She tried to fight the blush that threatened to creep up her cheeks as she moved back and he moved forward. So he would play this game with her, not something she had entirely expected.
As he spoke, Stryker’s eyes searched his face as she tried to think of what to say, the tone of his voice, the way he whispered, a slow smile spread on her own lips as she caught on to what he was doing. When he stopped nearly touching their lips together, she tried to keep her breathing steady. All but a small gasp at the light touch of his fingers moving up her arm. Smirking through her blush, she moved forward enough to make it look like she’d take what he was offering, but simply brushed her cheek against his and moved forward, pressing the front of her body against him, her mouth next to his ear. ”A good hunter never rushes their prey.” Her voice was a low whisper in his ear as she leaned up and gave a gently n** at his earlobe, keeping herself close to him, but leaned back just enough to look at his face, her smile just as smug. ”Like I said, I do enjoy games very much. You might be my favorite yet.” If she were a cat she would have been absolutely purring the words out as she brought a hand up slowly and ghosted her own fingers over his cheek, tracing a finger slowly over his mouth. ╰☆╮

[☂: Mood][ Playful ] [☀: Location][ Za'saad's home ][☁: I'm With][ Za'saad ][☄: Thoughts][ No wayyy... ][O.O.C.][ ]

Ashtail Foxclaw

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:24 am
User Image

User Image

tab tab outfit: sneakers, jeans. t-shirt, also eyepatch as forever.

For a moment there, Za’saad thought he won whatever game this was, but perhaps he revelled in his winnings a little too early. With his lips parted and head tilted, his gaze barely able to see past his own lashes, he was expecting her to melt right into the kiss he had set up so perfectly… But, no. Her lips went past his, trailing along his cheek and jaw and just barely touching his skin. He could feel her breath all the way along his skin and he felt his breath hitch in his throat as he body pressed against his and a shiver travelled through every limb as she ever so gently nipped at his ear. Oh she liked picking on his weak points from the start, he could see.

His hand kept moving up her arm to her shoulder and then down her side and around her back, pulling him even closer against his body so they could really feel each other. As she kept talking, his own mouth was toying with the idea of nipping right back, his lips and breath on the edge of her jaw to her neck, unable to stay still and just wanting to keep touching her.. Yet, he wasn’t about to give in so easily.

Well,... Za’saad had to inhale deeply, feeling like she had taken his breath away, but didn’t exactly want to give her the satisfaction of knowing it. Could he even hide it? ... I guess I’ll have to actually make you hunt this prey. He whispered back and only then stepped out of her embrace. He was there and then gone, the glow of his light brown eye turning purple for just a moment before he vanished from her sight, as if he was air. He drew the runes on her back, having pretended to play with her shirt to dip her hand underneath it, but it slipped away only moments before he did. Now he stood at the other end of the room by then, acting as if nothing had happened while he picked up a small box from his game table and shook it, to listen for all the pieces rattle around in there.

I never said it would be easy though. He kind of wished he could control his powers more now, really make her work for it but this would have to do and his training would have to take hold more than his magic. Looking over his shoulder at her, he smirked more than he had all night, his eyes glowing a powerful lavender colour as he challenged her again to come get him.

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:35 am
User Image

C..Odename
S..Tryker

Watch the Shadows

╰☆ not being able to help herself as he pulled them closer together, Stryker gasped, or more like squeaked at the firm press of their bodies and lost to the furious blush covering her face now. It was one thing when she was in control, but when he toon control she was just about putty in his hands. Feeling his breath along her jawline and neck, she tilted her head a little, exposing the soft flesh, the fox inside of her absolutely coiling in delight at how this was going. Which was a new and strange feeling as it never liked backing down to anyone. But as he drew in a breath before he spoke, the confident smile on her lips only grew until he moved away from her, making her tilt her head curiously at him, ears peeking at the idea of a challenge.
As he vanished though, Stryker looked about in surprise, before her ears swiveled and her eyes landed on him again, now standing on the opposite side of the room. Laughing as he shook the game box and told her he never said it would be easy, she leaned against the counter and crossed her arms over her chest. ”I never said I wanted it to be easy. I always have liked a challenge.” Her voice was still gentle but held an edge of confidence to it as she reached a hand out slowly to touch a shadow nearby her, her body evaporating into a puff of shadow like mist and came out of a shadow near by him. Reaching her fingers out, she walked her index and middle finger up his spine slowly, her eyes glinting a dangerous yellow color. ”So what else can you do?” As she reached the back of his neck her fingers slowly combed through his hair, suppressing a sigh of joy at the physical contact of another. Leaning forward, she wrapped her arms around him, wondering if he’d disappear on her again. The idea made her chuckle as she knew she’d hunt after him again and again until either one of them no longer wanted to play that game. ╰☆╮

[☂: Mood][ Playful ] [☀: Location][ Za'saad's home ][☁: I'm With][ Za'saad ][☄: Thoughts][ No wayyy... ][O.O.C.][ ]

Ashtail Foxclaw

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:23 am
User Image

User Image

tab tab ooc: the runes he writes are similar to the ones in his layout - around his picture. In fact the exact spell is there somewhere but I don't know which one. Each spell is indicated but " - " for start and stop so "- xxxxxx, yyyy; zzzz -" basically.

Two can play that game.

That was one way to make him eat his words. He had no right to be truly surprised when she mimicked his act of moving through nothing, yet he was. He honestly hadn’t expected her to have powers all that similar to his - and while they probably weren’t, the current result was the same. The playful nature he had displayed was mixed with a little bit of curiosity all the same. Feeling her fingers on his spine was comfortable though, especially when they went and ran through his air. In fact, he almost purred, ready to roll up in her lap and be a good boy. Watch the patch, it’s no appetising sight. He warned her playfully, glancing over his wounded shoulder with his one remaining eye, a smirk at the edge of his lip as he had the whole time.

I do suppose I could divulge a secret or two for a pretty lady. looking towards the wall again, but not looking at it, he sighed softly as her arms found their way around him, his hand over one of hers for a moment to encourage them to stay in contact with him. I scribe, as it’s called where I come from. Distort the world through runes infused with my intent. Lifting his hand up off of hers, he put a finger out into the air, and as to display what he meant he started writing glowing runes. It had been a long while since he spelled things out like this, this was the most basic of training while he could now summon them as he wanted them. I start by understanding, then I construct, and eventually execute. I am a magus, that through knowledge bends the element of my birth to any shape I wish it to take. I shape it, so it doesn’t shape me. With the spell cast, the runes glowing brighter for just a moment, they soon faded out of existence as he threw another glance over his shoulder to smirk at her.

In shorter words;--- before he finished the sentence, the unopened can of beer he had gotten for her slowly glided down next to his face within her view, the air around it distorted while it floated without being touched. --- I control gravity.

Unfortunately his power had been limited, otherwise they could’ve had a lot more fun in a lot more strange ways - on the ceilings and walls and wherever they desired to be. How about you, my mysterious huntress; what else can you do?

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:46 pm
User Image

C..Odename
S..Tryker

Watch the Shadows

╰☆ At Za'saad's warning of the patch while she played with his hair, Stryker gave a soft cooing noise as she brushed her cheek against his right cheek, her face brushing the eye patch. "I have seen the most gruesome parts of war and death. I'm sure I could handle it. Just in case." Pressing her lips lightly to the edge of the patch, she absently moved her fingers, almost like she was petting him. It was more like she was just reveling in human contact. The permanent smirk that played on her lips was nearly contagious as she returned the look, her eyes still giving a low and eerie glow.
Giving him an encouraging smile though he wasn't looking at her as he agreed to show her what else he could do, she listened intently to him, ears perked like an excited dog. She was fairly certain that if she had a tail in this form, it would be wagging. Resting her chin on his shoulder now, she kept her arms around him, content with standing there like that, and he seemed comfortable with it as well. As he spoke though, she noted to herself how he said 'where he came from'. She had noted his strange speech before, but she still wondered where exactly he had come from. Watching intently as he raised his hand and drew the runes, her eyes widened in surprise and aw, her head lifting away from his shoulder a bit as if it would help her see better. Though she understood the basic sense of what he had said, she didn't quite grasp it, and she looked a little confused as the runes disappeared and he turned and smirked at her. Tilting her head to the side, she opened her mouth to ask him to explain, but as he gave her the basic summarized version, which she was thankful for, she blinked at the can in front of her and let a laugh slip from her as she reached up and snagged it from the air. "What an incredible secret that is!" She eyed the can like it was fake or a trick, but it was indeed a can of beer he'd gotten for her.
When he turned the attention to her, Stryker blushed and looked to the floor. "It's nothing special really." Once upon a time she was human, but who she was before what she became is lost to her now. The idea of letting the fox out scared her a little, but it seemed perfectly content, playful even. It seemed to enjoy Za'saad's presence very much. Slowly unwrapping her arms from him, she set the can down and took a few steps back from him. "It will take a moment for me to adjust afterwards, bear with me." She said shyly as she slowly reached a hand up to hover over her forehead for a moment, her fingers flexing like she was going to claw herself, but the shadows around them pulled towards her and solidified into a mask, her long white hair turning the darkest black possible and a long smoke like tail forming behind her. The mask finished forming and as she breathed a little heavier than normal, it was almost as if it was freezing cold around her as puffs of her breath could be seen at the bottom of her mask. Stryker hadn't taken this form in a very long time, and it felt almost unfamiliar, but the fox knew her all too well. The glowing blue eyes behind the mask darted up to Za'saad's face, a moment passed where she almost didn't recognize him, but came to slowly. "See? Not that impressive." Relaxing her hands at her sides, she couldn't hold the form for very long in fear of losing control and she slowly reached up and pulled the mask away, letting it dissipate back into shadow and smoke, her appearance coming back to normal. Giving him a shy smile, she wondered if she'd scared him at this point. Sincerely hoping she hadn't. Not many people could come face to face with a monster and still feel the same afterwards.╰☆╮

[☂: Mood][ Playful ] [☀: Location][ Za'saad's home ][☁: I'm With][ Za'saad ][☄: Thoughts][ ... ][O.O.C.][ ]

Ashtail Foxclaw

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:01 am
x
x
x
x
{ ② ωєєк тιмє sкιρ }

мσиםαч, мαяcн ②⑤тн

םαч ① σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ⑤③③
( ① чєαя, ⑤ мσитнs, ⑰ םαчs )

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:11 pm
User Image

User Image

It had been a few days since he last went to the Captain’s Deck for a beer and saw the tender who had received him with a smile. It felt good being recognised and having a friendly chat. Last time he had even mustered the gull to ask for her number - something that was apparently perceived as quite flirtatious for this world, even if he didn’t fully understand it. Wouldn’t a handwritten letter sent by a trained dove - hours of hard work - be considered more romantic? Yet, who was he - an cosmic outsider - to judge the way traditions were carried in this strange world…

He had just gotten home from work and out of the shower, pondering the oatmeal he’d have for dinner when a spontaneous idea and desire struck him. Seeing the electronic device rest on the table, Za’saad picked it up and flipped it open so he could unlock the screen with a simple button combination. The last thing he had used it for was playing this strange game called ‘snake’. Still, he put the level to rest and went to his text messages to open a new thread for Striker.

tab tab May Thy evening be lovely, Mydame.
            tab tab If time be on your side and your heart
            tab tab content with my company, I humbly
            tab tab request your attendance for a lovely
            tab tab evening outside of our dens.
            tab tab - Za’saad Zabirith

Reading through the text several times, he found himself unimpressed by the lack of cursive and displeased by the blockiness of the letters, but alas, he was unaware of where Striker may be or if she had time - and despite his complaint, this was indeed the most convenient way to communicate with someone from far away.

After sending the text, he put the phone down to clean up his laundry from the day and made sure to properly dry off his hair, making a round of routines so nothing could pile up and be an annoyance in the future.

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:20 pm
User Image

User Image

tab tab ooc: Stryker's Post

While it wasn't her intention - and the moment was brief - Za'saad felt his mood shift from the usual unbothered-happiness to something more serious. A heavy matter? He couldn't possibly imagine he had done something that would inflict any deep wounds into their... acquaintanceship. Maybe she wanted his help with something? Perhaps his power of gravity could aid her in something? Whatever the case, Za'saad decided it was best to wait and see rather than worry about what it might entail.

tab tab My shoulder is yours, Mydame, any
            tab tab day you may need to unburden
            tab tab yourself from trouble. Hopefully there
            tab tab is solace to be found.

tab tab As I have not begun the evenly ritual
            tab tab of providing myself with sustenance,
            tab tab I was considering taking you for a
            tab tab bite of food - can such escapades
            tab tab tempt you despite your heavy heart?
            tab tab Would now be an opportune moment
            tab tab for you to walk the streets with me?
            tab tab - Za’saad Zabirith

Closing the clap-phone, he put it down on his counter before he went to find a fresh set of clothes that were more proper than his PJs for public loitering. Perhaps he could leave his abode in this, but he didn't exactly feel like exposing himself to being ridiculed. Before putting on his shoes and getting too ahead of himself, however, he checked his phone once more for any texts Stryker might've sent while he got dressed.

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:00 pm
x
x
x
x
{ ② ωєєк тιмє sкιρ }

мσиםαч, αρяιℓ ①⑤тн

םαч ① σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ⑤⑤④
( ① чєαя, ⑥ мσитнs, ⑧ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:04 pm
User Image

User Image

tab tab ooc:

A lot of things had to be discussed and considered with the brewing of a magical little creature called a ‘child’. This discussion was one Za’saad intended to have as soon as possible - especially after his hangout with Coralyn. Deciding today was good, Z had called Stryker earlier - finding a text too impersonal in comparison - and invited her for a home cooked meal at his place. Perhaps he should’ve been wary of setting too many expectations, but as he didn’t elaborate on the meal, he hoped the woman was okay with a potential disaster. Cooking was not one of Za’saads skills.

Before the agreed time for Stryker to visit, Za’saad handled the shopping for the evening, getting them something called ‘Juice’ with multiple vitamins in it. It was pressed fruits, a strange usually sweet vegetation in comparison to the ale-viable crops of his homeworld. Since alcohol had been prohibited while Stryker was baking, this would have to do and it sounded… healthy. Rest of the shopping trip was an array of strange vegetables and other greenery, along with some cheap meat for a casserole. The easiest thing to go for, outside of oatmeal, had to be a stew. At home Za’saad roughly chopped everything and dumped it all in the pot while he read his own incomprehensible scribbles. Maybe he should get an actual cook book instead of just breezing through the library and taking notes on a spare, old receipt. But this had to do in a pinch.

With the lid on the pot and the pot on the stove simmering at low heat, Za’saad washed up quickly and put on casual clothes, checking on the stove on occasion to make sure it didn't burn somehow. After that, he slowly set the pitiable table with the expanded arsenal of plates and utensils he had acquired. From one camping set to two normal plates and the bare necessities. He almost got a couple of table mats too, though they wouldn't really help hide the inadequacies of the thin-legged plastic furniture. Hopefully it was enough to not scare Stryker away - while she had been here before, it was hardly to admire his lack of modern homemaking abilities.

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:15 pm
User Image

C..Odename
S..Tryker

Watch the Shadows

╰☆ Receiving a call from Za'saad earlier in the day, Stryker had stared hard at her phone. Her heart had immediately jumped up into her throat and her pulse skyrocketed. There was a part of her that hadn't wanted to answer. Terrified of what might be said, or more like, what he wouldn't say. Stryker hadn't expected much really anyway. Not knowing she could become pregnant, she hadn't made much plans for a family. And it didn't help that Za'saad seemed to have mixed feelings about family. She wouldn't keep him from the child, but she also wasn't expecting him to devote himself solely to her alone. She couldn't force that upon him for an accident such as this. She'd probably need to leave the job at the bar, but maybe not, she'd think it over more. After what seemed like forever, the continuing ring of her phone brought her out of her thoughts, taking a breath and answering the phone with what she hoped was a kind, but fairly neutral tone, not wanting him to know how much her anxiety spiked from his call.
After speaking to him, being invited over for dinner, she almost declined, again from the anxiety, but she agreed gently and sighed heavily as the call ended. It was simply dinner, at his place. Maybe he wouldn't run from this whole thing after all. Going and showering and changing into a deep wine red, fashionably baggy sweater with a tank top underneath and black skinny jeans. The button was a bit tight, the small bump of her stomach starting to show just a bit. Or maybe it was simply her imagination? Shaking her head, ears lying back flat, she made her way out of her house to arrive at his place at the agreed upon time. Walking up to his house, she lifted a hand nervously, pausing a moment before she finally knocked on the door, trying to be forceful enough that he'd actually hear it, but gentle enough where she didn't seem desperate. Maybe? She felt faint already from nerves and twisted her fingers together anxiously. She had braided her hair over a shoulder while she had made her way over here, then promptly unbraided it, then braided it again.
It was sad that she was so out of control with her emotions, she had read that women who are pregnant have troubles like this, but she hadn't even experienced emotional spikes like this during her missions before. Waiting outside his door, Stryker chewed her bottom lip, trying to figure out what sort of face she should make when she sees him. How would she greet him? A hug, a simple wave? ╰☆╮

[☂: Mood][ Nervous ] [☀: Location][ Za'saad's home ][☁: I'm With][ Za'saad ][☄: Thoughts][ What is he going to say..? ][O.O.C.][ ]

Ashtail Foxclaw

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:59 am
User Image

User Image

tab tab ooc:

Was he nervous? Not particularly. Perhaps a side effect of a lifetime of war and death. While the idea of a child of his suddenly being a possibility did make him flustered and uncoordinated in his thoughts, he wasn't scared to talk with Stryker. No, this dinner had a very specific purpose: to talk about the future with her.

Stirring the pot and tasting the sauce, he turned his head as he heard the short but pointed knock on his door. Something felt formal about it. Setting aside the stirring spoon, he put the lid back on the pot and made his way to the front door. Opening up, he greeted her with a gentle smile as he took a step back, his hand to his heart and bowed. "Good evening, Mydame." He said softly, the usual twinkle in his eye while he straightened up and stood aside to let her in. "Thank you for taking the time to see me. I have something I wanted to discuss with you dearly." Still smiling, Za'saad closed the door behind Stryker and suddenly flinched. "Ah, I did promise dinner, however I cannot guarantee quality. When I served the king, I was never put in charge of cooking, and thus my hand doesn't yield the experience to provide a fancy meal. I hope humble beginnings won't disappoint you too much."

Leading the wait to the living room he gestured for her to sit down on one of the two simple chairs. "Would you like something to drink? I've been informed that certain drinks are unsafe in your condition, so I've bought pressed fruits - or, 'juice' as it's called. I also have water." Picking two glasses out of the cupboards he put them on the counter one by one before opening the fridge to search for a cool beverage. Whatever she chose he would pour her.

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:10 am
User Image

C..Odename
S..Tryker

Watch the Shadows

╰☆ Stryker's ears perked and pointed forward at the sound of footsteps approaching from the other side of the door, but it seemed to take her mind a moment to catch up and process what she was hearing. As the door opened, she twitched, her hands gripping together in surprise before she relaxed, knowing it was just Za'saad. It was silly that she was this nervous at all. At his greeting and smile, Stryker felt herself soften a little, her guards breaking down gently. "Good evening." Her voice was gentle as she inclined her head to him as well, feeling like she had to do a similar gesture to his. Stepping forward as he moved aside to allow her to enter his home, she tried not to appear jittery at his comment about having something he wanted to discuss with her. It had been hard to get a real feel off of how he was feeling or what he was thinking since she told him her situation the last time they had seen each other, knowing full and well this conversation would ease a lot of anxieties she had about what the future held exactly. "Of course, it is no problem at all. I am sure there is much that needs to be discussed anyway." She tried to pull off an outward calmness, but her ears lying flat back against her head was a clear indicator of her nerves. His mention of what might be served for dinner and it's possible dodgy quality made Stryker smile and chuckle gently, despite everything. "Fear not, I have seen gruesome meals served before that tasted just as they looked. I'm sure yours will be leagues above." Even with the comment, she raised her nose and sniffed gently, taking note of what she could smell. Smelled like it needed salt, but she'd leave that comment to herself for now.
Following to the living room, she perched at the edge of the chair, her back perfectly straight stiff as a board. Her hands folded neatly into her lap to keep from picking at anything as her mind raced. Turning to look up at him as he asked if she'd like anything to drink, she had desperately wanted to ask for alcohol, but she hadn't had a drink in weeks, but he was right, she couldn't drink in such a condition. But the fact that he had taken that into consideration and bought juice, she smiled sweetly at him, her heart fluttering. "Juice sounds wonderful, thank you." Her body relaxed by a fraction, still waiting for the shoe to drop about what could only be considered the 'elephant in the room'. Not being able to help herself, she blurted out, "You don't have to stick around with me if you don't want to. But I also won't keep the child from you if you'd like to be part of its life. I'm just saying, you don't have to be with me to see the child." Burying her face in her hands when she finally willed her mouth to close and the words to cease, she groaned. That could have come out far better, but it seemed impossible to have the words come out with any sort of sense or eloquence. Also she should have just waited until he said something, but she couldn't hold back any more, it felt like a wound that wouldn't heal and it was almost too much to bare. ╰☆╮

[☂: Mood][ Anxious ] [☀: Location][ Za'saad's home ][☁: I'm With][ Za'saad ][☄: Thoughts][ This is fine... ][O.O.C.][ ]

Ashtail Foxclaw

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:22 am
User Image

User Image

tab tab ooc:
            tab tab outfit: socks jeans. t-shirt, also eyepatch as forever.

Za'saad had noticed how frazzled the woman had been at the door, but her sudden flood of thoughts-to-words almost stunned him into an icicle. This was indeed proof that Za'saad had many skills, but reading the situation on a people-level was apparently something he needed to practice. Having no idea how much anxiety he had caused her, he stopped in his tracks for a brief moment to contemplate the next step. Grabbing a glass of juice for himself he came and sat down on the only other chair in the room, a sigh escaping him a second later as he relaxed into the seat and put on a smile. "An egregious miscommunication on my part, it seems. I'm not seeking to get rid of you, Mydame, the opposite in fact." With his glass on the table, he reached his hand over to gently put on top of hers, hoping his calmness would help alleviate her tension while he'd attempt to explain the situation from his perspective. "I have to confess that I am not in love with you, but that doesn't mean I don't care. This was not the path I had seen for myself, ever, but it is a path I'd tred without regrets. I asked you here tonight, not to brush you aside, but to seek to be a part of this life. I'm absolutely giddy at the prospect of a child."

Was this even helping?

Taking his hand back, he decided to occupy it by lifting his glass and having a drink of juice, giving the seconds their moments to play out. "I've been made aware of the tolls of both childbirth and everything regarding it, which is why I wished to ask if you wanted to come live with me? I'm not as strong as I once were, nor as agile or competent, but I was hoping my presence could alleviate as much pressure off of you. This does not mean you have to give up your life as it is at this very moment, but simply that I offer sanctuary to rest your mind, body, and soul from daily toils. Tonight's dinner is meant to show my sincerity and will to do the effort, though more effort may be needed still." Throwing a cautious gaze at the stove Za'saad was certain he could choke anything down, however he wasn't sure how she would fare with the lack of skill he was putting on display. "I will pull my weight if you'll let me. Now, don't fret over a response this very second, you have the time you need to consider my suggestion. I'll have to leave your side briefly to make sure this attempt won't end disastrously, so if you'll excuse my absence for just a moment." With the smile never leaving his lips, he stood up and walked back to the stove to check on the stew. While he was bound to somehow increase his capabilities with more practice, he didn't want to accidentally poison her on the first try either, so he stirred the pot and made sure to not let it burn to the bottom.

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

● Ombre Housing District

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces