Devoted Hunter

4,225 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:40 pm
Garden & Grove

User Image

Peaceful wildlife, quiet trickling stream, small bridge, koi, birds, sakura trees and much more. Beautiful place to spend a nice sunny day in the shade. West side of Shiri.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:07 pm
H A R U N O ▪||▫ M I K A

User Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
GINMA RESIDENCE ▪||▫ MASAAKI ▪||▫ DORMS ▪||▫ GROVE

Lungs became petrified as Mika realized what she had confessed to Masaaki, and rather easily. Slightly nervous at her carelessness, the midnight beauty's dark hues shifted over to gauge his reaction. "Oh, I see." At his comment, she felt a tightness in her throat, believing she had made a mistake. On the contrary, he mentioned checking in with his mother first. Chin turning ever-so-slightly, Mika's lips parted in a subtle smile. It was a look of genuine of surprise. Parents. Mother was not a word spoken at ERA. Of course, people had parents, but to actually hear it said so casually caught her off-guard. To hear his parents worked at a bakery only furthered her smile. Maybe that was why Masaaki was so sweet? It was all that sugar he must've grown up with! "Lead the way, Masaaki~san," her voice rang, almost flirtatious as she changed the way she addressed him. Walking alongside Masaaki made the soldier of ERA feel as though she was falling into a world of fantasy, becoming more at ease in civilian life.

Upon reaching the Ginma residence, Mika's shell caved further as his parents greeted her with warmth and delight. Elegant smile perfectly curving the edges of her satin lips, Mika couldn't help but return the hospitality with honest benevolence. Completely enticed by the kindness of Masaaki's parents, Mika almost lost sight of why she was at the residence. Tagging along behind Masaaki, the upturn of her lips refused to fall as he began showing her collectibles while setting up the movie. There was one figurine in-particular she was mesmerized by; Princess Mononoke. Almost feeling rushed since the atmosphere was so foreign, Mika found herself sitting in a bean bag chair for the first time.
"Thank you very much!" she couldn't help but beam with delight as snacks were served by Masaaki's parents. Mika was such a sucker for snacks, especially salty or bean! There were so many questions she wanted to ask, but the movie was already starting.

Mika's first anime film. Good thing it was a studio ghibli animation. The diligent subject of the government faction was truly acting her age, if not five years younger as her mocha hues were drawn to the screen.
"Eh!?" she gawked in surprise as the bus approached in the movie, but it was a cat! Its eyes shined bright and its body morphed without warning. "Haaa... " her distress and skepticism were evident. Mika no longer trusted cats. However, the film brought her back as the characters danced in the garden, making trees grow. Without knowing it, she was nearly off the bean bag chair's edge mouth agape in wonderment. Mika was always fascinated by nature and how things grew, but to see something sprout to life in such a way- She was breathless. At the end of the film, she turned to Masaaki with glistening eyes. "That was even better than shooting zombies on Last of Us!" she anxiously confessed kneeling off her bean bag chair to lean close to Masaaki so he could see the excitement on her face as the credits rolled. Before she could really get into questions and comments about the movie, Masaaki's parents came up to announce dinner. They didn't allow Mika to feel obligated to leave for a second! His parents made her feel like part of the family by inviting her to stay.

A home cooked meal. Excitement fading away, Mika grew slightly nervous as she took a spot at the dinner table. Consciously, she made sure to keep her chin up, shoulders back and elbows off the table. However, it was clear she was shrinking inwards feeling like an alien in the family setting. That feeling was short lived as the Ginma's conjured up memories which made Masaaki's face match the hues of his crown.
"Haha! Masaaki-san, did that really happen?" the girl would always seek his confirmation in the embarrassing stories, which seemed to further the heat in his cheeks. By the end of dinner his pale face trumped his red head! Haruno couldn't help but find him cute.

Thanking Mother & Father Ginma was an easy task since Mika had enjoyed herself to the fullest. When they gave her a bag of treats to take home, she accepted it graciously.
"Next time, I will bring tea and prepare it for you," Mika promised, hoping the one leisure skill she had learned in her spare time at ERA would prove its worth. In fact it did, and thankfully the Ginmas looked forward to it. Being the gentleman that he was, Masaaki wished to walk Mika home. For the first time in hours, her expression sunk from the light-hearted aura that had infected her. If he walked her home, that meant Masaaki would be walking home alone. Yet, this ws customary for a gentleman to walk their guest home. With the skies darkening, Haruno's dark hues sharpened to keep an eye on the shadows around them. Luckily, Masaaki kept his cheerful disposition up captivating Mika once more and drawing out her confession to watch Princess Mononoke next time. It may have been forward of Mika to assume he'd want to hang out with her again, most people didn't, but he re-stated how much fun today had been. She took those words as a compliment which smoothed some of the rough edges to her personality. However, with darkness blanketing the sky, not even Masaaki's bright smile could deter her cautious thinking. "Put my number in your phone," she insisted in a way that could not and would not be argued. While she wasn't cued in on the fact that Masaaki was physically frail, she suspected him too careless and friendly with strangers. Therefore, she wanted him to notify her of any disturbances on the way home.

Wishing him a safe return, Masaaki left with no troubles on the dorm's block. And as Mika turned to the dorms once his figure left her sight, she came face to face with several lights brightening the insides of the building. Fearing who would still be awake and lingering in the common areas, subject Rise refused to open the door. Instead, she turned down the street that would lead her back to the grove. Stopping at the bridge she and Masaaki had found the necklace, Mika realized it was still around her neck. Fingertips tracing the two chains resting upon her collar bone, she grasped the pendants. Today truly had been enjoyable... and as to remind her, a text lit up her phone. It was Masaaki informing her he had made it home safely. She'd send him a reply; "I'm glad. I had fun today too. Sweet dreams, Masaaki-san." With a tired yet blissful smile on her face, Mika would hit the send button as she leaned heavier on the railing of the small bridge overlooking the koi pond.

In her moment of carelessness, a figure would approach unknowingly... [Fuax-Time :: Mika meets Hayate]

[EXIT JUNE 21]

Sylamb
Captain

Devoted Hunter

4,225 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100

Pet Me Now
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:40 am
M i a m o t o _ _ K e i t o

☰☱☲☳☴☵☶☷☰☱☲☳☴☵☶☷☰☱☲☳☴☵☶☷☰☱☲☳☴☵☶☷

User Image

Remnants of the sun were finally consumed by the horizon as the summer's day came to an end. A new light illuminated the earth as street lamps hummed, beckoning moths and mosquitoes to their side. As the forest grew dark, a figure emerged with handfuls of various plants and berries. Skin lightly scratched from foraging through thickets of branches and thorns, Miamoto Keito looked down at his spoils in awe. Strawberries, radishes, shiitake, garlic and onions all grew freely in the raw wilds of the forest. At first he had ventured to this location in search of a trinket someone dear to him had lost, but the dirt of the earth had distracted him with its treasures. Most edibles had been devoured throughout the day as he picked them. Freshly picked snacks reminded him of his garden back at the compound. "Hmm~ Hmm~ Hm~" The tall teen hummed happily as the path through the grove guided him back towards the town of Ohira. Keito would've never left the forest if not for the sky being overtaken by the night. On the bright side, he'd be making a delicious bento for school tomorrow with all these foraged goods!

White-toed sneakers came to a halt as he approached the modest bridge within the grove. Silence befell him and squelched his joyous mood. Heart skipping a beat, his eyes couldn't believe who the person looking out over the winding stream was. Long nimble legs, silken dark strands and a demeanor no man would cross willingly. . . It was Haruno Mika. Like a deer in headlights, the other Mage stood frozen with uncertainty. Did she notice him? He was gutless to approach her and fearful what would happen if he turned his back. He hadn't seen the Spark of Uda since the outburst back at the compound. The girl had pointed out everyone's flaws after the run-in with the Empyrean at the park. Shrinking back as Keito recalled her words, he felt ashamed at his own inaction while Mika put her life on the line. Voices in the back of his head told him to apologize, but the rest of the group had turned hostile towards her. This alone had made it hard for him to express his remorse. However, in this moment they were alone, so his sole excuse was gone with the wind. . . Yet, why couldn't he bring himself to move towards her?

A chime from Haruno's phone interrupted his thoughts as the young woman brought the device to air. The screen's glow highlighted all her best features. From her hardened bambi eyes to her elegantly sharp jawline, the moment that blissful smile crossed her bewitching lips, Keito was caught in a spell. Not once in the ten years he existed in her company. . . Not once. . . had he ever seen Haruno Mika truly smile. Midnight Beauty was a title worthy of her radiance. Heart racing. Cheeks heated. Thoughts stunted. "Wow. . . " the young man could barely speak as the breath was taken from his lungs at the sight. He had always thought Haruno was pretty, but the expression upon her face as she replied to the message raised her to a whole new level.

"H-Haruno-senpai!" Keito stepped forward suddenly, his body reacting to his heart wishing to jump from his chest. Whether she looked at him in surprise or with ire, the image of her smile was burned into his retina. It would not allow him to falter. Gaining composure, the young main straightened his stance. His crown tipped towards her in a bow. "Please forgive me for my inaction at the park," he spoke the apology calmly with earnest. Arms still holding his bounty from the day, the Mage couldn't bend as deeply as he wished. Shoulders rising, they hunched forward as he dared to look into her alluring eyes. "You're right. I've been caught up in living a normal life." A pause would be had as Keito thought about his next words carefully, giving the other a chance to weigh his worth. "Train me," he requested with a firm tone that could be trusted as serious.

☰☱☲☳☴☵☶☷☰☱☲☳☴☵☶☷☰☱☲☳☴☵☶☷☰☱☲☳☴☵☶☷

M a g e _ _ S k i p

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:04 pm
H A R U N O ✵ M I K A

User Image

M A G E ✵ S P A R K

With the wildlife of the summer woods humming in the background, Mika was unable to pick up on the footsteps approaching her. At the sound of her name she turned sharply, phone disappearing into a pocket as her eyes struggled to adjust from the bright screen to the dim setting. Miamoto Keito faced her with an odd expression on his face and arm's full of a forage harvest. Eyes remaining sharp as they glared at the other Mage, Mika leaned her back against the bridge rail. Arms crossing over her chest, she stood before him withdrawn and reserved. "What do you want?" she asked plainly, acting as if she wasn't interested in what he was doing out here or what he carried. Keito was always avoiding her and dodging her approaches. Having a shared interest in gardening, plants and the earth would've been a good basis for them to become friends. However, Keito was spineless and a coward. All he did was run and Mika wanted nothing to do with him. No apology for what she had said back at the facility would be coming from her lips. She was expecting him to demand one. It was the truth that he was worthless and unreliable. He was better off sniveling with the humans who could only lay down and die. UDA should just cut the dead weight and put their faith in the useful Mages to face Empyrean.

What came out of his mouth next was surprising, but her expression and posture would not change. Even as he held his gaze to look her in the eye, Mika would simply stare back. At least he wasn't denying the truths she had pointed out. He was accepting his faults which was the first steps to fixing them. 'Train me.' Was that a joke? The outline of his body and the condition of his physique wasn't suited for much other than cardio. Most of the Mages at UDA were like that. Everyone except Tobias... No one trained like the two of them. How could Keito expect to face Mika like that? Leaving her spot from the bridge she walked towards tall, dark and handsome.
"If you're serious about training, don't ask me. Talk to Agent Spade," she told him plainly as her eyes scanned what he collected and relieved him of a few strawberries. "Train with me now and I'll break you like the twig you are," her voice held a dark truth which was borderline threatening. UDA had pinned her against some Mages with abilities more powerful than hers, but with no means to control them. Mages had died at her hands and she couldn't even recall their names. Fortunately for Keito, Mika didn't want him to end up that way.

"Asking for forgiveness means you'll avoid repeating your actions and strive to correct them," her voice was chilling as a strawberry found its way to the tip of her tongue. The wild ones were always so small, but held twice as much flavor as the ones you'd find in at the store. She wondered exactly where he had found these, but would never ask. "Not that I care if you do or don't. I don't need your help. Just stay out of my way," she said, waving him off and brushing past. This should've made it clear to Keito that she didn't want anything to do with other Mages. She was fine on her own. It was stupid how everyone else attempted to play hero and let their emotions get the best of them during battle. There was a slim chance Keito had anything else to say that could make her think to give him a chance, so she would take her leave, heading back to the dorm. Hopefully, alone.

Pet Me Now

Sylamb
Captain

Devoted Hunter

4,225 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100

Pet Me Now
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:05 pm
[Keito walks home alone. Exit Scene to Next RP Day]

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 3:59 pm
Jade Rotaski

User Image

Shaking his head, "yea and I'm sure they woulda beat your a** more if they'd realized you had nothing on ya after all that work. Just cause they could, because they're nothing but jackass bullies and could rough you up just cause they felt like it." Those idiots, he was sure they would have likely put Cy in the hospital. Getting doubly pissed off when they realized Cyrus was carrying next to nothing on him as far as cash. That would have been rough. Smirking though when he saw that flush on his cheeks, "Should I take it that that doesn't happen often?" People finding his physical traits appealing, which would surprise Kasai. Cy was cute, handsome, whatever; nice eyes, fun personality that he could tell so far. But that was neither here nor there right now.

With his new little plushie companion tucked under his arm, Kasai followed as Cy led to someplace to get food. Hmm, so he'd only been here about a month or so now, no wonder, with the hand shake before. Interesting detail to know, chuckling when he called him a wonderful terrible influence. "What's that thing they always say about only living once...might as well do as much as I can right? Ohoho, so like a partner in crime, well my kinda guy," Giving him a playful wink when Cy said to count him in. Following to this 'surprise' place for food. It smelled delicious, but then anything that was fried always smelled good. Buying some food, along with snacks and drinks before Cyrus led him to a quiet, cute little place with lots of greenery.

Letting the calm quiet wash over him, Kasai took in a deep breath of the fresh scent of the flowers and greenery around them. Everything was usually so chaotic, the static of all the noise, so this was different. Usually the only quiet Kasai got was when he was in trouble and given a 'detention' of sorts by UDA, which was more like solitary. This was a nicer quiet though, "Huh...so this is your favorite place? It's like out of one of them little storybook places. It's nice, good little picnic spot too." Smiling as he found a seat on the grass there, plopping the little bird plush between he and Cy as if it was joining their little picnic. Opening the soft drink he got, "So...you said you only been here a month or so...Where ya been before now? Cause you sure ain't like everyone else I seen here so far. I mean...I only been here a day, but still, you seem like a unique fella. So what's your story?" If he could be nosey and ask, whatever Cyrus was willing to tell him.  

kotaro17
Crew

25,125 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Jade Rotaski

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 9:14 pm
User Image

User ImageHealth: 85% | Bruised stomach, riBs and jaw, busted lip & bloody nose.
Carrying: School Bag & Camera
With: Kasai
Song of the moment: Beneth the Mask Persona 5 OST
OOC:

kotoro17
Quote:
Quote:

Cyrus laughed softly at the others question and shrugged a bit deciding there was no point in being dishonest about it; he was who he was, his mother had told him before she passed away to just being himself and for the first time since coming to Japan he felt as if he may genuinely have a friend he could rely on here "Sort of, most people just brush me off or get mad at me" He admitted as he stretched his arms over his head with a soft hum as they walked together.

He the walk to get food was uneventful but the brunette smiled at the others comment about only living once and trying everything they could a philosophy he could sort of agree with; compared to some other kids he'd been lucky to be to other countries already but there was so much more he wanted to ee and do as well "Live fast and die young! I mean I'd rather not die anytime soon but what's life without a little risk?" he said with a chuckle

The Garden and grove area was serene compared to the bustle of the city; Back in Spain he'd lived in a quieter area of the country in a small town with lots of trees and greenery so sometimes the city was a bit too noisy for him, finding a place like this meant he felt he could take a breather from the busyness of the world for a little while "Yeah it's relaxing and there's a lot of local wildlife that live here, if you remain really quiet you'll see them sometimes exploring and stuff" He said pulling out the camera from his bag and setting to around his neck just in case he saw anything of interest; the photos from the camping trip had been well received on his blog the other day so he was eager to find more cute critters to capture.

He paused for a moment as Kasai asked that question of where he was before; it was a bit of a loaded one but the redhead didn't know that and while he didn't want to lie to the other, he wanted to save himself pain by choosing his words carefully "Well there's a reason for that, I lived most of my life in Spain, I only came to Japan seven months ago and I lived in Tokyo then, but Tokyo is chaotic, nothing like the home I was used to so I asked to be transferred here... it's still busy at times but it's far more manageable" He said softly; he wasn't lying, adjusting to Tokyo had been a struggle and the fact people only wanted to mooch off him because of his grandfather had not helped matters.

"So yeah I was the new kid before you, but no one like my jokes or my pranks, it's tragic really, people here are always so stiff" He said with a bit of a playful pout before he picked up one of the takoyaki poles with a small toothpick and popped the whole thing in his mouth chewing happily "What about you? Why did you get transferred? Did you set the school on fire or something equally badass?" He asked curiously.  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:31 pm
Jade Rotaski

User Image

"Hnn...well they must have been boring people, or lacked some humor." Likely the latter, if not a half and half scenario. Sighing, thinking about it, then again they were also teenagers. People, adults especially tended to brush off those of the younger age, since they thought they didn't know what's what since they were still 'kids' to a degree. It was annoying to be brushed off, Kasai understood that. Snorting at the 'live fast die young' remark. "Except maybe...live fast...live awhile? Not as catchy but yea...no reason to fizzle out as fast as fireworks. But I'm definitely up for the risk and the fun."

Seeing Cy with his camera, Kasai thought a moment how it was lucky those punks hadn't seen that. They might have tried to take it before beating on Cy. "Nice camera, so you a bit of a shutterbug?" Looking around at the grove greenery, "Looking for the wildlife you mentioned? What kinda things you seen here before?" Curious just what kind of animals, other then maybe squirrels or rabbits there might be.

Munching one of the takoyaki as he listened to Cy's answer. Spain, huh, "Sounds...exotic, how'd you like it there? Is it as exciting as it sounds from things like...tv or whatever, like bull fights and the like." Curious, since he hadn't ever traveled anywhere...for obvious reasons of course. But even if he hadn't been snatched up by UDA, Kasai doubted he'd have ever traveled anywhere regardless. It wasn't like he'd have the money for such a thing.

"Heh, so you wanna give me the 'new kid' lessons? Ooof...that hurts, really...none of the jokes? Sucks people gotta be so stuffy. How boring a life that is...being so stiff, so serious...I wouldn't mind raising a little hell to shake things up if you want to some time." Smirking, winking at him as he posed that offer. Sitting cross legged on the ground, Kasai debated a moment on his words. Chuckling at the idea of having set his school on fire. "Tempting as that might have been...and I could have done it too." Raising his hand, palm up, Kasai summoned up a small fire ball in his palm like the size of a baseball.

Call it a feeling, Kasai though that Cy probably wouldn't run away from him. So he took his chances, showing him this. "Wasn't nothing like that...but I did cause a lotta trouble." Smirking a bit, recollecting how much of a pain in the a** he had been to the other UDA facility where he'd been transferred from. Silent a moment, "So...Cy...how you feel about mages?" Closing his fist over the fireball, he squashed it out in a small puff of smoke. Watching for Cy's reaction, though since he hadn't gone running screaming just yet, that boded well right?  

kotaro17
Crew

25,125 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Jade Rotaski

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Nuclear Plant 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:39 am
User Image

User ImageHealth: 85% | Bruised stomach, riBs and jaw, busted lip & bloody nose.
OOC:

kotoro17
Quote:
Quote:

Cyrus thought that Spain was a far more open and relaxed country at least in ways of how open you could be with yourself and how you could act...Japan wasn't bad per se but there was an air of constant stiff politeness underlying everything, and for the most part, he could tell when people were forcing themselves to be polite and were basically just putting up with him, others were genuinely trying to understand him but his teasing and jokes fell flat because of the culture gap.

"I think it's my humour they don't understand, its rather unique" He commented back to the other with a soft chuckle before he smiled a bit at the others comment about living a while yet "That's fair I still have plenty I want to do before I leave this mortal coil so it works for me" he said gently, talking about death reminded him a little of his mother though, it had only been three months and it was still hard st time to let it sink in that she was gone, that he was alone when it came to having parents.

Pushing that thought aside he smiled at the others question; he was very glad that they hadn't searched his bag or they defiantly would have taken the camera from him and pawned it but that would have been devastating as it had a memory card that contained pictures of his mother when she was still alive. "Yeah it's more of a fun hobby than anything else, I just think it's cool being able to capture memories into a physical form" He said softly before he smiled "I've caught pictures of some deer plenty of different birds I thought looks interesting, I even got an image of a Tanuki once though its a bit blurry" He said as he scooted closer to Kasai as he pulled up the digital screen so he could skim through the pictures he'd taken with him.

"It's very different, I lived in a small coastal town so there were only short buildings usually not more than three stories high and there was always lots of trees and foliage around, with the beach a short walk away, it didn't have the massive towering buildings or busy crowds that Ive seen in Tokyo and here in Shiri" He admitted before he laughed "Well yes bullfighting is a thing, in fact, were smack in the middle of bullfighting season it usually starts in May and ends in October, it's still a popular sport there, though I've only seen a few fights on TV I've never seen one personally" Cyrus explained with a smile, he seemed happy to talk more about his former home "Theres also a lot of religious catholic holidays but I never really participated, Im, not the religious type" He said with a bit of a shrug.

He raised to put another piece of the food in his mouth and stopped short as the other summoned a ball of flame in his hand from nothing and the brunette blinked looked at the fire then his eyes flicked back up to Kasai before he proceeded to continue where he left off poping the takoyaki in his mouth and chewing slowly as he watched the other with curiously as the other admitted he didn't burn down a school but he did cause a lot of trouble.

Then he asked him how he felt about mages.

"So that fire really did come from you! I KNEW I wasnt jsut imagining things earlier...that's a pretty bad a** power" He muttered softly "Well you aren't the first mage I've seen before and I'm very aware of the UDA if that helps, I honestly think you guys are amazing with your powers, I'd almost be jealous if it wasnt for the fact I dislike the idea of being told what to do all the time by other people and being locked in a facility" He said as he offered Kasai the last ball of takoyaki with a faint smile as the other snuffed out the ball of fire "I witnessed an incident in Shiri's park by accident a while back and they've been keeping an eye on me ever since, though I'll admit I don't know everything that's going on behind the scenes Im not entirely unaware either" He admitted as he pulled one of the drinks at random from the bag and cracking it open to take a big sip.

"The UDA also offered me some sort of scholarship, not just me, I know there are others that have witnessed mages or empyrean incidents that have probably been given the same offer, no idea what I'm going to be doing though" Cyrus admitted as he took another sip of his drink and looked back at him "If I do the training it means I could help you and others so I'm probably going to accept the offer, good thing too and I'm pretty sure it starts tomorrow so that's going to be....interesting" he finished taking another sip of his drink.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:03 pm
Jade Rotaski

User Image

Eyebrow arched, "mortal coil, how fancy...Shakespearean even." But yes it was true, nonetheless true. Listening as he explained the like in his hobby with photography. "Hnn...like memorializing the memory with the photo. It's good especially for special occasions and other moments for sure." Leaning over to look at the pictures as Cy scrolled through them on the screen. "A tanuki, really? Heh, I'd like to see that, that's cool." It was neat, the variety he had on there, seeing some pictures from the camping trip. Something he'd heard talk about from other students at the school, that there'd been a camping trip some days prior.

"These are really cool," looking at Cy as he talked about his home prior to coming here. "Sounds like it was nice, you have any pictures from there? Little, quiet coastal town, bet it was pretty relaxing? Good sense of family and people and all...like more homey then a busy city?" Was cool knowing the calendar time for the bullfighting. He was about to ask if he had any pictures of those, but Cy cut him to the quick saying he hadn't seen any personally unfortunately. "Ahhh, well still sounds real exciting." Kasai wasn't very religious either, so he didn't have much to say on that topic.

He couldn't help but chuckle when he saw the expression Cy gave him at the fireball. At least he hadn't run screaming or anything, just simply finishing off the takoyaki piece he was eating before he spoke finally. "Ha...thanks, just a little something to set those goons running earlier. But don't tell, got a feeling my 'handlers' would be annoyed knowing I did that. I mean...not that I care. I do everything to irritate them as much as I can most times anyway. It's how I finally got transferred here."

Mumbling a quiet thanks as he took the last takoyaki offered to him. "See you get it...it's not fun being trapped like that. Like I was saying before, they had me at another facility, but then I heard about the mages here that actually got to go out and be free...just be normal kids basically...go to school and s**t. So I started kicking up a fuss and causing them a lot of grief until they transferred me over here. It's only the first day I got to get out, but it's been a breath of fresh air compared to the stale air inside my cell....s'cuse me....my bedroom." Rolling his eyes, it may have been a bedroom or whatever when he was in the main facility, but a cage was still a cage after all.

"Just be glad it's only keeping an eye on you, not nabbing you right out. You're lucky...I heard something about the incident in the park, and it's good you got out of it unscathed." Taking one of the drinks and sipping too as Cyrus talked about the UDA offer, scholarship, so that's how they were going about it huh? Kasai might have felt a little irked, knowing how UDA had been...trying to change over a new leaf or something now, but he'd already been through the ringer, being trapped with them since he was a kid. Not knowing anything about what happened to his little brother, not being able to be out there taking care of him. He hated UDA for that, but regardless of that, he supposed he was glad for Cy's case, that they hadn't outright kidnapped the guy.

Shaking his head as he tried not to dwell too much on the past, "Mhm...yea, if you decide to do it...They'll probably put you through training like we go through or the agents do. It's real physical, they'd be working on like building your strength and fighting ability to essentially help us mages in the field...Or you might be able to work with the scientists or something. Guess it depends, I mean...I got mixed feelings on it since I been stuck with them as many years as I have now. You seem like a good guy, real good looking sort too. I'd hate for them to change that in some way. You don't seem like a hardass sort like some of the agents there. So...promise me something, even though you don't owe me nothing. Just don't let them turn you into a jerk, kay." Winking at him, smirking as he said it.

"On the flipside of that...if you do decide to do the training, we probably get to fight alongside each other again." Giving him the thumbs up, it'd be cool. Maybe, have a new friend on the inside of that place and all. It'd been awhile since he'd gotten to really make friends, to just do, normal teenage s**t. "And if you join in, you'll get to see me causing them some grief. I gotta rebel a little after all."  

kotaro17
Crew

25,125 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Jade Rotaski

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Nuclear Plant 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:17 pm
User Image

OOC:

kotoro17
Quote:
Quote:

Cyrus chuckled softly at the redhead's comment "Well I won't say I'm opposed to the classics from time to time...so long as they aren't school assignments" He said with an exasperated sigh as he remembered having to write LONG essays about Macbeth back in Spain; that was less fun than just reading the plays as they were.

Moving into the topic of photography he nodded with a bright smile, glad to see Kasai held some sort of interest in one of his many hobbies "Well the human memory isn't the best, so sometimes it's better to have a physical reminder of the past to help jog your memory of events, especially the precious ones" he said as he scrolled through the images, though he didn't show all of the pictures especially the earliest ones, ones of his mother; even though he had copies on his laptop at home he'd never had the heart to delete the ones in his camera, especially not now.

He smiled a bit as he thought of Spain "Yeah defiantly more relaxing, there was a good sense of community as well because it was a small town with 500 people or so in it so everyone knew each other in some capacity or another" He explained before he chuckled softly "Tell you what, we ever get the chance? I'll take you to visit my hometown in Spain and we'll defiantly see a live bullfight" he promised the other being 100% serious about it; he knew his paternal grandfather wanted him to remain in Japan and take over his company but that didn't interest him currently; travelling the world and even visiting his own hometown from time to time? That sounded far more appealing...even better if he did it with a friend.

Cyrus gave Kasai a sly smirk a finger pressed to his lips "Don't tell them what? I didn't see anything but you brandishing a lighter" He said his tone light and playful as the other took the offered last bite of their shared food as he listened to the redhead explain to him about the UDA and how he wound up in Shiri in the first place and it honestly sounded awful; if that had been him he would have been clawing at the walls to go outside. "Yeah, that sounds like torture, I can't blame you for kicking up a fuss, if that were me I'd go stir-crazy" he admitted; he was the type of person who enjoyed a change of place, going somewhere new or just finding somewhere quiet like the gardens to step away from the chaos of school and the city for a few hours, being trapped in some underground facility for weeks or months on end would very easily kill his free-spirited nature.

"I mean they did nab us for questioning initially, but after an entire night of cooperating what we told them they let us go along with regular texts was a reminder to keep our mouths shut about what we saw, but all things considered we really did get off lightly...but with this scholarship, they clearly have other plans for people who are witnesses by trying to turn us into assets of some sort" he agreed with a soft hum as he thought his decision over carefully once more "I can't say I'm exactly a huge fan of the idea of being used by people who treat mages poorly but, at the same time I want to help and their training could make me better for whatever we need to face down the line...and I'd rather be prepared than not," He said softly as he finished his drink with a soft satisfied sigh.

"In the end, it feels like I have two choices; refuse and be useless to people who need help or take the deal and try and be better equipped to fight...all things considered it's probably the lesser of two evils," He said; the idea of running away from the fighting altogether wasn't even an option in his eyes; there was no way he could turn his back on what he'd seen and the mages who were fighting in secret to keep their world safe. He chuckled a bit as Kasai pointed out they could fight together again if he took the deal "Hey Im all for having someone watching my back out there, as you've seen getting into a fistfight isn't really my speciality, put a bow and a quiver of arrows in my hands though and I'll work magic for you" He said with a chuckle; he'd been practising archery long before he came to Japan, back home it had just been for fun, he turned his mothers back yard into a training range pinning targets up all over the place and would run around trying to hit them accurately.

When he realized Shiri had an archery club he signed up right away, though the static targets and not moving while shooting was pretty easy it still helped keep his skills sharp and the place had targets at far longer ranges which helped with his accuracy.

Glancing at the time on his phone he sighed a little in disappointment as the sun started to set "It's been really fun, but alas getting late, I should probably head back to the dorms and do my homework, my family will give me a lecture if I don't maintain good grades...hey do you have a phone, want to swap numbers?" He asked softly being vague about who his 'family' were as they exchanged numbers and gathered up their trash depositing it in a nearby waste bin and tucked his camera back in his bag as he stood up and they left the gardens to walk tome together.

Lucky for them they lived in the same dorms.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:00 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

╬╬ S u b a r a s h i ╬╬
╬╬╬ A k u m u ۩۞۩ A a n o ╬╬╬

"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxthe The strongthe weak
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThe innocent… the corrupt.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFear. Fear is my ally."

Walking up to the bridge to look down at the pond, Subarashi saw some of the Koi fish swimming about. Something about hearing running water against the babbling brook was soothing. This was the first time in a long time that she was allowed to rom by herself, where as of late, if not ALL the time, she is always supervised. Sukoshi grinded her teeth against the metal bar on her muzzle, reminding her of the situation....A caged test subject. Placing her hands to the back of her head where the straps were,s he wondered if taking it off would really set her off. However, a chime rang in her hear, even heard a monitored voice over head telling her to not do such an action. Looking around with only her eyes, she could see men placed with snipers, just as a precaution. Of course they don't trust me........Why did I even bother... Sukoshi thought to herself. She wasn't the one isolating herself. THEY were. How is she suppose to fit in like they ask, if this is what they measure up to? The young teen lowered her hands back to the bridges railing, and let out a disgruntled sigh. Cant even use her own voice with this thing on. But, at least she was alone, and no one to bother her.

"Far above, far above.
xxxxxxxWe don't know where we'll fall.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFar above, far above.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWhat once was great is rendered small."

Vintag3Tacit

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
[ Broken Parts Lounge ]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items