Submit

Tai Mao

Feline Wolf

14,125 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Springtime Scavenging 25
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:25 pm
"Well, they do say that a bit of self care is important from time to time," Hype grins at both sheepishly deciding that if they are not asking, she's not telling any more than they are at the moment. As far as she knows all three of them are playing hooky. Though she does give Odric a strange look for climbing in while still wearing dirty clothing and all. It is supposed to be a rude thing to do in a hot springs, but she decides that as long as she is better to not comment. She thinks a bit more on Eiji's comment. "Well, had you meant to attack me, surely you would have already, Mr Eiji. I certainly wouldn't want to make waves as it were when you are being pleasant and everything. Besides, do I look like a woman who has any weapons in this swimsuit?" This is ignoring the fact that her weapon is in her travel bag only inches away, but why ruin a pleasant moment sooner than necessary. "Let's just say that even if I were armed, I do not know you well enough to attack you. And certainly you have not given me a real reason. Okay, so you have history. So, maybe you are a rogue of some sort. Look, my mission has nothing to do with whatever your reason was for leaving. Consider this neutral grounds and we don't talk about it with anybody who is not already here, savvy?" A wolfish grin is on her face as she realizes that he is not going to be telling anybody back home that she's screwing around for a while. As dedicated as she is to her job, she desperately needs this for stress relief. Constantly doing her best to make something of herself and be everything that everybody seems to expect of her is her normal mode and she typically does not complain or try to put much thought into it. The past month she has spent on her first long term earth assignment has been one long stressful bore. Humans complaining about lock downs for something that shinigami cannot catch. All of the interesting reaping happening outside of this place. Hollows were mostly annoying rather than acceptable targets of stress release as they had been explained in the academy. Quite frankly she was not apathetic to the needs of freshly dead souls, nor the cause of their demise. Nor did she feel that dealing with penny ante hollows was a waste of time. No, she simply has no desire to live her life in utter repetition in the kid gloves department. Graduated top of her class and immediately placed in a ranked position in a division that she has yet gotten a chance to get the hang of and then sent here to fill in temporarily for somebody who got injured and was on long term leave. She ponders on this a while as she watches Odric act like a hobo. Her eyes land on the cat and her face lights up. "Oh! BABY!" she reaches out to pet the cat. "Oh, aren't you a beautiful kitty!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:50 pm
User ImageThe girl responded as the newcomer, a rather dirty-looking shinigami, though Aiji could sense the taint of hollows on him. The girl expressed a "don't know don't care" attitude towards Eiji's identity, which was just fine to him.

"If that's the way you wanna play it, Girly, then that's the way we will. Toshiro Eiji." He gave his name, and hoped for a name in response, or at the very least a glimpse of recognition. He had once been a well-lnown name in the Seretei. It seemed that this was no longer the case.

Eiji turned towards the new stranger.

"A bit strange to be getting in here with all your clothes? You shy or something, boy?"

He chuckled, and seemed to return his attention to his own cup of tea, which he sipped contentedly in this beautiful place.

Luciferin Bandit

Sir_Viliulfo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:35 pm
Odric Kaylen Eldeghast

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Reiatsu 258 | Speed 40 | Strength 20 | Defense 30 | Stamina 20 | Intelligence 40 | Spiritual Power 108
“If we are introducing ourselves, I am Odric Eldeghast.” He leans back and relaxes in the pool. As the female Shinigami reaches for the cat, it vanishes in a puff of flame and reappears on Odric’s other shoulder in a similar puff of flame. “Sorry, Yaketsuku doesn’t like being touched by strangers.” He then closes his eyes and just soaks in the water until the older Shinigami speaks. “Not really shy, would just rather not be caught unprepared in the open in case something or someone attacks. Hollows attack even places like this if they can.” Not that the attack here a year ago was hollows. But if one group of soul devouring monsters would attack here, obviously the other kind would. As he relaxes, the water around him seems to be hotter than the rest of the pool.
Health 325/325 | Spirit Energy 145/145 | Clarity 35 | Movement Speed 40

Word Count for Post: 139*2.6 = 361
Word Count Total for Character: 4,537

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:15 am
A look of disappointment appears on her face as the cat vanishes. "Aw, pity. Sorry for upsetting you, Yaketsuku." She leans back and looks over at the other two as they introduce themselves then replies in kind. "Hyperiona Ellarose," she says with a casual tone and a light shrug. To her it is a casual name. Everything she had was because it was earned. At least, perhaps, with the exception of her rank. She is still unconvinced that there was a justifiable reason. Certainly she had heard of certain reputations and absolutely her family still manages some influences, but she is suspicious of those things. Why is this system so damn corrupt is a question that she was hesitant to bring up to even her older sister, a woman she trusts deeply. No, Nara is a career woman who has built herself from the bottom up, she is convinced. While Nara has sway among certain circles, she does not believe that Nara pulled strings for her. However, she does believe that somebody wants to curry favor or owed one. Either way, she does what she does with all uncomfortable things, shove it away into the back of her mind and just deal with things in an adaptive manner. She sighs and once again pushes these thoughts into the dark parts of her mind, where she does not need to dwell on them. It is often the only way to succeed with situations like this, she has decided. Oderic explains why he is soaking in his clothes and she gives him a strange look. "But the water will create drag on your clothes ... I mean, just because we're spirits doesn't mean it isn't true." She looks back over at Eiji and asks, "Mr Eiji, I guess your name sounds somewhat familiar, but we kind of glossed over details like that in the Academy. If I were to guess, based on listening to other officers talk ... they like to sweep these things under the carpet as soon as possible. Nobody wants to admit that people actually quit, much less cause a kerfuffle so to speak. That is, unless it is a major attack like that of a great hollow invasion and some unknown traitors. You can't avoid that history. Too many civilians involved. Granted a lot of names get blotted out as soon as it is no longer fresh in people's minds. Do I approve of such practices? Not too much. I mean, Soul Society itself isn't even where I am from originally. My family is originally from one of the western cities if you hadn't figured that much out. Not a lot of communication between them if you ask me. As far as I am concerned the three of us are in one of those situations where it would be completely gouche to ruin a perfectly good hot spring without a damn good reason."  

Tai Mao

Feline Wolf

14,125 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Luciferin Bandit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:06 pm
User ImageXToshiro Eiji »Vizard
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

x Rᴇɪᴀᴛsᴜ: 200 | Sᴘᴇᴇᴅ: 25 | Sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ: 25 | Dᴇғᴇɴsᴇ: 25 | Sᴛᴀᴍɪɴᴀ: 25 | Iɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴄᴇ: 50 | Sᴘɪʀɪᴛᴜᴀʟ Pᴏᴡᴇʀ: 50

"An Ellerose, you say?"

The name rang a bell, though it had not been one he had heard in a while. It seemed that this girl, Hyperiona, was blue-blooded, though she did not seem to wear the shame her name warranted. Eiji gave a small chuckle.

"With that name, I'd be hiding out on Earth, too. Better than the welcome you'll get in the Seretei..."

He had fled Soul Society long before Clan Ellerose fell out of favor, but he knew the history. Almost every Shinigami did. Clan Ellerose had been one of the richest and most favored houses in Soul Society, until one of them seized power and grew mad. Now, Clan Ellerose was a family name unanimous with shame. That there were Ellerose being permitted into the Academy still was a surprise to Eiji. And not many things surprised Eiji.

He leaned back with a relaxed sigh. This girl didn't seem to care about who he was. The other one was obviously (to Eiji, of course) a fellow Vizard. Things were calm now, but he did not trust this girl, not fully. Shinigami and Vizards usually did not play nice together, Eiji knew. He certainly hadn't, in his own time. His eyes went to his walking cane for a moment, but did not linger. Instead, they went back to his companions, with a wry smile on his face.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:40 am
Odric Kaylen Eldeghast

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Reiatsu 258 | Speed 40 | Strength 20 | Defense 30 | Stamina 20 | Intelligence 40 | Spiritual Power 108
“I don’t have to worry about my clothes being wet. One of the perks of my Zanpakuto’s element.” He then lays back and just listens to the other two speak. The female Shinigami talks about how things get covered up and names get blotted out. None of it interests Odric. He doesn’t care about the politics of Soul Society, just about achieving what the divisions were created to do. Help souls along in the soul cycle, and kill those who would prey upon said souls. And while the other Shinigami had indicated he was considered a fugitive of soul society, Odric knew he himself would be considered that. So he decides to wait to act until he knew more.

Word Count for Post: 119*3.6 = 428
Word Count Total for Character: 4,965

Sir_Viliulfo

Tai Mao

Feline Wolf

14,125 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:35 pm
Hype gives him a sideways grin. "Well, maybe that explains a few things. I know that there's some history. I am trying to distance myself from that mess. I just want to do what I know I was meant for: save souls, help people, be a big damn hero if possible, and potentially earn respect on my own merits. I really try not to let what some relative of mine did affect me any more than necessary. Life is complicated enough without trying to carry somebody else's baggage. So, some relative of mine decided to be a selfish a** and did horrible things. They punished him, didn't they? I am not him any more than I am a big scary monster." She leans back and looks up at the sky. "Am I being too unrealistic? Wanting to pretend that nothing is ever wrong? I honestly believe that I can change things from within and if I cannot ... I do not know ... something will come to me, I suppose."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:52 am
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

x Rᴇɪᴀᴛsᴜ: 200 | Sᴘᴇᴇᴅ: 25 | Sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ: 25 | Dᴇғᴇɴsᴇ: 25 | Sᴛᴀᴍɪɴᴀ: 25 | Iɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴄᴇ: 50 | Sᴘɪʀɪᴛᴜᴀʟ Pᴏᴡᴇʀ: 50

”Got yourself a fire Zanny, huh, kid?” Eiji asked, with a chuckle directed at the scruddy-looking newcomer.

He turned back to Hyperiona.

“You’re wasting your time trying to change that place, girl...”

Eiji had once been much like this poor girl, unsure of their place. That was long before he had washed his hands of Soul Society and the Shinigami, and longer still before he had become a prolific killer of those same Shinigami.

”I don’t blame you for trying to ignore your family history. We all have our skeletons…”

The gods knew he had his own. Things he would undo. Things he wanted to forget.

He sank a little in the water, the rippling surface coming just about to his aged and sun-stained shoulders. He took a plaintive sip of his tea.

”There are some things you cant run away from. Not forever… I suspect Aarendor’s dealings are one of those things. Your name will always carry his weight. Best to come to terms with that early.”

Luciferin Bandit

Sir_Viliulfo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:24 am
Odric Kaylen Eldeghast

“Yaketsuku is indeed fire based. Although I mostly use kido.” As the other two discuss the history of the Ellerose noble family, he tunes it out. He never kept track of the noble families and such things like that. His focus had always been his duties as a Shinigami. Eventually the old man mentions everyone has their skeletons. “I have none. I have always done my proper duty, helping souls move on and destroying those that would prey on those souls. The purpose that Soul Society was created for.” He speaks with conviction and a serious tone when he speaks about the duty of Shinigami.

Word Count for Post: 105*3.6 = 378
Word Count Total for Character: 5,343

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:43 pm
Hyperiona listens to Eiji's sober words. It is like being spoken to by a kindly grandfather who has some life experience to share. Still, it does not entirely take root. "If they do not accept the difference, I will ensure that nobody will see me the same as him. He can be my shadow in his death. I will be a light to break his darkness." She flashes a wicked grin and clenches her fist with a fire in her heart. "I will break chains, smash walls, and be the hero that they need if I am not the one that they want. I don't care if they see me as nothing but a necessary evil. I will not allow them to close their eyes. Ellarose was an honorable name once. If it wasn't for my dear sister and loving parents I would have no attachment to it whatsoever. It is me they'll look at and see in new light. He chose his destiny. I will not take his path. Should I mourn him? I never knew him. He died before I was born. He betrayed his oath. Betrayed our ideals." She stops talking and sits there stunned about the sudden surge of confidence. It feels good. It feels right. "My goodness, where did that come from?" she asks softly with her hand on her chest. "It is like a fire lit inside my soul." She nervously looks at the two men and wonders what they must think of her outburst. A look of self consciousness washes over her face and she sinks down until only her nose is above the surface. 'What is this ... feeling ... what is going on? I need to talk to Nara. This isn't like me ... I think.' She perceives something deep within awakened. What is this? It does not feel malevolent, but it causes a mild thread of fear within her for a moment. It is not that cold dread of high reiatsu. It feels warm. No, more like hot. Yet it is not painful. Is this what it is like to have a zanpakutou? Even at her level she never once heard it speak as the school and her peers had explained to her it should. Yet, she is not certain that is quite it. Perhaps Nara knows something.  

Tai Mao

Feline Wolf

14,125 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Luciferin Bandit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:19 pm

”Doing your duty, whether it defies convention or not. I like it, kid.”

Aiji sipped his tea, chuckling into his cup. The boy spoke with conviction, and his heart seemed to be loyal to the Seretei, still. But Eiji could also sense the hollow taint about him, almost smell it. This boy was complicated, to be sure.

”You keep that fire in you. It’ll see you through many things.”

Hyperion had quite a bit to say in response to Eiji’s advice. Her outburst caused Eiji’s eyes to widen in surprise, but by the time she had finished, a wry grin had spread upon the old man’s wrinkled face.

”Seems you have a bit of fire in you, too! Be careful now, though. That fire can spread, until it consumes everything. That’s what happened to your uncle. Don’t let your own light blind you.”

He was speaking from experience, both his own and his experience with Clan Ellerose. He remembered Aarendor, as a boy. All fire and cunning. He had been much the same way, when he had been a child. Cunning and drive could only get you so far, and if tasked towards the wrong things, could take you far in a dark direction.

"And one more thing. Your uncle was perhaps the most loyal to the ideals of Soul Society, in his own way. The problem was that he had little ideals of his own. He would do anything to make sure Soul Society was pure and clean and powerful, even if that meant he be hated. Be careful you don’t become like him. He was passionate and cunning, but also too ambitious by half, and self-righteous to a fault. I see a lot of him in you, kid. Make sure it’s the good parts.”

Eiji liked to dump his own version of wisdom on people, from time to time. Made him feel smart. In truth, he was talking out of his a**, but his wrinkles were often mistaken for knowledge, and he guessed he did have some form of knowledge. Life experience, if anything.

The old man took another sip of his tea.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:21 pm
Odric Kaylen Eldeghast

“Of course. Duty and loyalty foremost. Rules are of much less importance than getting the job done.” He continues to relax in the hot springs, not really paying attention to the Soul Society shinigami’s statements. It appears she and the old man were discussing politics about past figures and the noble families, neither of which he was interested in. Politics always got in the way of duty and getting the job done, and he never cared much about the noble families. Such titles had nothing to do with the job. He then hears Eiji mention how part of Aarendor’s problem was ambition. Other than completing his duty, Odric didn’t really have any ambitions. His goal in life was his duty.

Word Count for Post: 120 * 3.6 = 432
Word Count Total for Character: 5,775

Sir_Viliulfo

Luciferin Bandit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:25 pm
User ImageX𝑋𝑧𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑜𝑟 𝑅. 𝑆𝑚𝑖𝑡ℎ » 𝒦𝒾𝓃ℊ ℴ𝒻 𝒩ℴ𝓇𝓉𝒽𝓌ℯ𝒶𝓁𝒹

x Rᴇɪᴀᴛsᴜ: 350 | Sᴘᴇᴇᴅ: 25 | Sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ: 25 | Dᴇғᴇɴsᴇ: 25 | Sᴛᴀᴍɪɴᴀ: 25 | Iɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴄᴇ: 125 | Sᴘɪʀɪᴛᴜᴀʟ Pᴏᴡᴇʀ: 125

One moment, the trio was standing in the middle of the Bloodspring Caverns, and the next moment, two figures appeared a safe distance from the hot springs.

The steam rose in the air like a fine mist, lightly obscuring the vision of those present.

"Eiji! We have visitors - well, a visitor, to our realm who would like to see your garde-"

Suddenly Xzavior stopped speaking, his eyes locking onto Odrics. He was overcome with a sense of intrigue. He sensed the taint of hollow kind on this boy, but none of the malice that came with it. This Shinigami, or more accurately, Vizard, was an interesting specimen indeed.

In an instant, his voice echoed in Odric's mind, but nobody else could hear it.

"I know what you are... I value it. What is your name?"

For a few moments, it had appeared as if Xzavior forgot why he was there. He quickly composed himself, and turned to Eiji.

"As I was saying, This fine gentleman-" The irony of referring to such a bestial blank as a "gentleman" seemed to be lost on Xzavior "- would like to see your garden. Nobody knows it or enjoys it as much as me, beside you. Would you care to show him?"

Xzavior spoke to his elderly subject in a friendly tone, devoid of authority or command. Eiji was a very dear friend, and Xzavior knew how excited he got about his tea. Eiji's love for steeped leaves rivaled even Xzavior's own.

Quote:
17,732 total words

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:45 pm
𝕐𝕖 𝔻𝕦'𝔸𝕟 𝔼𝕖𝕣𝕠[x][x]ʞuɐlᙠ ʎpoqoN
𝕳𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖙𝖍: 275 |~| 𝕾𝖕𝖎𝖗𝖎𝖙 𝕰𝖓𝖊𝖗𝖌𝖞: 145 |~| 𝕮𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖞: 55
[x][x]¤¸¸.•´¯`•¸¸.•..~ (๏) ~..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸¸¤
𝕽𝖊𝖎𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖚: 280 |~| 𝕾𝖕𝖊𝖊𝖉: 30 |~| 𝕾𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖙𝖍: 15 |~| 𝕯𝖊𝖋𝖊𝖓𝖘𝖊: 50
𝕾𝖙𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖆: 20 |~| 𝕴𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊: 60 |~| 𝕾𝖕𝖎𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖚𝖆𝖑 𝕻𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖗: 100

User Image
Ye had for one minute been standing amidst the red liquid of the blood springs and the next, he had apparently been brought into existence in a new yet rather similar location. His eyeless gaze snapping around the area with quick motions of his head as if he was actually looking around the area. Tendrils of what appeared to be portions of the green cloak that partially shrouded his body, snaking outwards and lightly touching the area that they were in, Ye's head tilting slightly to the side as a small swarm of knowledge in the form of assorted memories flooded his mind. Although with every word that Xzavior spoke aloud, Ye's attention soon shifted away from what was around him and onto the male he had just met instead. It would seem that he had been brought here in order to meet with or see something that he not only was informed he would like to see, but also would enjoy. Ye's curiosity was immediately piqued as he moved partially forwards in order to observe the others that were in the area with them now. The jaw of his mask like face opening and closing in what would appear to most to be a menacing expression, and yet held no real hostility behind it much like the rest of his skeletal demeanor.

// 223 x 3.8 = 847.4 + 2152.8 = 3000.2 Words Total //  

Reaver Darkside

Omnipresent Cultist

9,075 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100

Tai Mao

Feline Wolf

14,125 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:45 pm
Hyperiona soaks and listens to their words. "Honestly, I do not have any political aspirations really. At least none of my own. I just want to bring honor to the family and maybe earn some respect for myself. Though, I'd be happy if I could simply just ... vibe. I am dedicated to my purpose and oath, but ... I guess how I go about it does not really matter super much since each of the cities of the afterlife handle their own business differently." Before she can say much more, she blinks and sees this dashing figure of a man. She is quite taken by him, but cannot put a bead on who he is or what he is. A sudden shock of memory, nay recognition, threads through her despite never having seen him before. "Xavior?" she says quietly, not quite knowing why she knows who he is. It is that strange sensation from deep inside her being. Though this recognition ends there. No details crop up. No concept of who he is aside from appearance and name. This gnaws at her more than that sudden surge of fire within her soul, which by the by still has not calmed down. "Excuse me, sir. Is your name Xavior Smith? I feel as if I have seen you before, but ... I do not know how." Arising from deep with in is a feeling of uneasiness. Not from anything he has done or said, but from her growing discomfort with herself. A sensation of fear threads through her as she ponders what this could mean while attempting to remain outwardly cool and collected. If she betrays her feelings, it is only subtly. A well practiced polite smile touches her lips as she uses her upbringing and training to remain as professional and dignified as possible, though she does not understand why she has shifted her behavior.  
Earth

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff