Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Crew Member Introduction

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:04 am
Crew Member Introduction

Greetings Guild Members,

It's been long overdue to officially Introduce the wonderful Crew Members who work hard to keep this Guild running including myself. Included in the posts you will learn more about us and what we can do for you. If you have any skills or abilities that you feel would help out your Guild please let me know. We are always looking for more Guild Members to join our Crew Member team.

Just to let everyone know I didn't create this Guild I just built on what was already their. Over the years I have recruited a few very special people who have helped shape this Guild into what you see today. It's always a work in progress. We do our best to keep up with the times.

Here is a little history about my time here in the Guild:
Joined the Guild - 2010
Became a Crew Member - 2013
Became a Vice Captain - 2014
Had the Honor to become your Captain in 2016

Crew Member Questionnaire

1. Crew Member Rank and Gaia Online Username

2. Why did you join the Guild?

3. Do you have any special moments, highlights, events, experiences, memorable Guild Member interactions, etc while being a Guild and or Crew Member?

4. What Skills, Abilities, and Interests do you have related to our Guild?

5. Based on Question #4 what Specialties do you have that you can help, give advice on, and answer questions about for our Guild Members?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:06 am
Guild Captain - Smithers456
Note: I'm Male in Real Life but awhile ago I changed my Avi to female. Since this is both a Cosplay and Crossplay Guild I decided to try out and create some female outfits and cosplay outfits. In the future we want to create avi outfits to use as prizes for contests. I call my female avi Chante. Guild members can also call me Ron, Captain, or Smithers.

By 2010 I Had already gone to a couple of conventions , started buying and watching more Anime, and had a very strong growing interest in Cosplay and taking photos of Cosplayers. I had joined a couple of Cosplayer websites but it wasn't enough. When I came across Gaia Online I was very impressed by it and drawn to it. I wanted to learn more about Anime, Cosplay, and Conventions. Like most of our Guild Members I also wanted to meet other people who had the same interests. After searching and finding our Guild I knew it was the place to be. smile

3. Do you have any special moments, highlights, events, experiences, memorable Guild Member interactions, etc while being a Guild and or Crew Member?

When I first joined the Guild I was excited by all of the information I was able to look at about my interests . At first I just looked at posts and then I had the courage to start new threads. Many of the new Anime series that have become new favorites I learned about on the Guild. The top one on that list is Fairy Tail!! As I got more familiar with the Guild and the Guild members I noticed in late 2012 that posting by Guild members had gone way down. It was bad enough that our former Captain "Extreme Cuddler" asked for help and I gladly answered the call. smile After that I helped him rebuild and gain more interest in the Guild. During that time when I was a Crew member and a Vice Captain I had the privilege to seek out and find new Crew members!! To me it's a great joy to meet and talk to Guild Members and working with our Crew Members. All of my interests grew greatly because of being part of this Guild. The magic is still here it just takes a little time to find it. One of my great joys was meeting one of our Guild members in person, "Kyari Cloudcakes”, at Youmacon 2015 in Detroit, MI. In addition to doing a photoshoot with her Cosplaying Neo Queen Serenity I found out that she had gotten married that day. My favorite Guild Event to date was the 10 Year Guild Anniversary Celebration. A lot of work went in to it and I had a lot of fun helping to run it. Another accomplishment which I’m proud of was starting Affiliations with the “Anime Help Guild” and “The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild (NSTG)”. Working with them has given our Guild Members two more wonderful Guilds to explore and join.

Going to Conventions for 30 years: 20 years - Science Fiction, Comic Con, and Fantasy conventions. 10 years of Cosplay / Anime conventions.
General knowledge of Cosplay and Crossplay outfits.
A great Love of Anime series, especially the classic ones.
Semi Professional Cosplay Photographer for 10 years.
Player and Creator of Forum based RPG's
Leadership, Compassion, and Creativity

5. Based on Question #4 what Specialties do you have that you can help, give advice on, and answer questions about for our Guild Members?
In addition to going to Conventions I have worked at them as well. I can help both Guild Members that have never been to a convention with learning the basics on going to them and share convention experiences with them and others.

I can share the joy of being a Cosplayer with others and give advice to Guild Members who are new to Cosplaying. To me Cosplaying is not just wearing an outfit or a costume it's showing off your Love of the character that you are representing.

Being a Semi Professional Cosplay Photographer I can give advice on how to do photoshoots, poses, and have fun while doing them. Being both a Cosplayer and a photographer I have an eye for detail and an appreciation for how things look. A Professional Cosplay Photographer takes their time and has special equipment to bring out the best of a cosplayers looks. I call myself a semi professional because I take Cosplay Photos for the fun of it and the smiles on the Cosplayers faces shows that they are having fun too.

I've been playing Role Playing Games since my Dungeon and Dragons days back in the 1980's. I've also been playing Forum / Text Based Role Playing Games for over 10 years. I can help out Guild Members whether they are new to RPG's or are experienced players.

One of the things that I bring to this Guild that comes from my heart is a deep respect for people no matter who they are and I treat them all the same. To me it doesn't matter what sex, race, creed, religion, beliefs, way of life, occupation, lack of occupation, physical looks, mental health conditions, sexual identity, ethnicity, and so much more. I do my best to make all Guild Members feel Welcome and Comfortable being in the Guild.All Guild Members can consider this to be a safe place.

As always I do my best to answer all questions that Guild members might have. If I'm not able to help I ask our Crew to see if they can help.

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:26 am
My User name is Angelmage99 and I'm a Vice Captain or VC

To meet people. I live in a middle of nowhere place and wanted to see if I could meet someone new and possibly do a cosplay group.

It's not so much a special memory, but I've been involved with the guild for a while both as a member and a VC. I've gone through some pretty hard moments in my life and some really wonderful moments in my life. However our guild cares and I've felt plenty of support.

I'm really good at breaking down a costume and understanding the components. This makes me great for costume building.

I also have great online research skills. Which means even if I can't help you, I can at least find a video or a pattern or something.

I am really good with finding methods in making a costume and give great advice that maybe you didn't think of before.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:10 pm
1. Crew Member Rank and Gaia Online Username?
gaia_star Crew Member Rank: Vice Captain (VC for short)
gaia_star Gaia Online Username: I'm KayaLing, but you can just call me Kaya for short.

I joined the Guild because I wanted to meet fellow cosplayers as well as to see if anyone goes to the anime conventions that I attend.

3. Do you have any special moments, highlights, events, experiences, memorable Guild Member interactions, & etc. while being a Guild and/or Crew Member?
It was so very long ago, but during one year at Otafest, there was a Gaia Online panel that I had attended. If I remember correctly, it was run by someone who was in this Guild? I'm also not sure if I was a Guild Member or not before the panel. sweatdrop

gaia_star Skills/Abilities:
- cosplay (dressing up as a character)
• I buy cosplays or get them commissioned by someone.
• I modify clothing from retail/thrift shops or my own wardrobe to make cosplays.
• I rarely make outfits from scratch since I lack the skills to do so.
↪ casual cosplay (cosplaying as a character in non-canon clothing or in clothes from your own wardrobe)
• 'Casual' doesn't necessarily mean a 'casual' outfit. It can include formal outfits that a character doesn't wear in their series.
↪ crossplay (cosplaying a character who has the opposite gender to yourself)
• If you identify as non-binary or have no gender, all of your cosplays could count as crossplays.
• In my case, it's cosplaying as male characters, even though I'm female.
↪ genderbend cosplays (changing a character's gender to the opposite gender)
• Most of my genderbend cosplays are changing a male character into female, but I’ve also made a female character into a male before.
• There are different ways to go about this, but my style involves looking at a character's design/outfit and slightly modifying it to look more female (eg. adding eyeshadow, wearing more makeup, wearing nail-polish, not binding). I generally stay true to the character's design/outfit as possible without going overboard (without making it sexy).

- prop & accessory making
↪ armband for male Luka (Vocaloid)
↪ belt for male Luka (Vocaloid)
↪ Electro-Mag Rod for Reno (FFVII)
↪ fishing rod
↪ 'headphone' related
• butterfly headphones for Magnet Gakupo (Vocaloid)
• earlobes for Kyoka Jiro (My Hero Academia)
• wireless headphone mic for idol OC cosplay
↪ Keyblades (Kingdom Hearts)
• Kingdom Key
• Oathkeeper
• Way To The Dawn
↪ mini crown

gaia_star Interests:
- anime
- anime conventions (mostly ones in Alberta, Canada, but I would love to attend ones outside this area more)
- cosplay/crossplay/genderbend cosplay
- manga
- mobile games (mostly ootome & Square Enix games)
- video games (mainly Nintendo & Square Enix games)

5. Based on Question #4, what Specialties do you have that you can help, give advice on, and answer questions about for our Guild Members?
gaia_star I can give advice on how to make casual and genderbend cosplays as well as how to crossplay.
gaia_star I can also give advice on how to make props/accessories, which have a similar build to things that I've made. Some of my techniques can also be used to make other kinds of props/accessories that I haven't made before.
gaia_star I can also give advice where I've bought my wigs and prescription eye contacts for my cosplays.

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:42 pm
☯★

1. Crew Member Rank and Gaia Online Username:

Crew- used to be VC but sadly RL gets in the way of me going on here, and it really sucks I can't spend more time on here... there isn't enough time in a day! I'm going to try my best to post more--I haven't forgotten about it here! Missed you all!

Oh wow, I swear it's been at lest 5 years that I've joined the Guild. I love to meet new people who share the same interests and passions as I do. I've always loved dressing up. It started with Halloween as a kid- it was my favourite time of year because I love the idea of dressing up as whoever I wanted for the day. Then, as I got older, I got into Cosplay and going to Cons. I found this Guild and thought it would be the perfect place to talk about it, get new ideas for cosplays, and just making great conversation with everyone!

Honestly, every moment in this Guild is a great experience. There was a time where I used to run the Contests and Questionnaires section, and I LOVED it! Maybe I will post a new one sometime soon! That was really fun. Also, making a Getting To Know You Questionnaire was quite memorable. I love getting to know you all on that personal level, not just through our Avis. It feels real, and allows for a bond/friendship to be formed on a more personal level.

Oh geez.. Like most of the Guild Crew, I too love to cosplay and make my own- some from scratch where I sew straight from fabric, and others (now most because of lack of time) modifying clothing and making them my own. Art has always been my passion ever since I was very small, so I've always been a hands-on DIY kind of person. I have a very creative mind (I'd like to think lol), which really helps me to envision a cosplay I want to do. This allows me to suggest ideas to fellow cosplayers who need help with making their cosplays since I love to think outside of the box. I also love crossplay and genderbend cosplays, especially since I can further my creativity in creating a new idea. I also love building weapons and props! Cosplay is a great way to express yourself and love for that character!

I guess I sort of answered that in the previous question, but hopefully I can help fellow Cosplayers come up with ideas in accomplishing their outfit, whether that may be using household items they already have and utilizing them in a unique way, finding ways to put together their design, or even helping with makeup/SFX ideas if needed-- For those of you who don't know, I am a Makeup Artist/Esthetician by trade. If anyone needs makeup tips, feel free to ask me! I deal with photography a lot, so if any of you are planning on doing a photoshoot, I can give you makeup tips because everyday makeup applications are a lot different than modelling/makeup you wear when you are planning to be in front of a camera.

Note: If you have a question for "Starz-N-Madness" please send me a Gaia message and I will do my best to have either her or another Crew Member answer the question. Guild Captain - Smithers456

★☯

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:17 am
smithers456

1. Crew Member Rank and Gaia Online Username!!! I would assume a community member lol and my gaia online username is ibundles dabs but you can call me bun bun.

2. Why did you join the Guild? i joined this guild because i want to get to make some friends and talk about different conventions and such i havent been to one just yet lol

3. Do you have any special moments, highlights, events, experiences, memorable Guild Member interactions, etc while being a Guild and or Crew Member? not really honestly

i read mangas, watch anime, i draw, i sew clothes, i just started beading, umm i am learning korean and how to write in Hangul. honestly Hangul snt as hard as i thought it would be in my opinion but it definetly is something that you have to pay attention too lol.

which anime i think is pretty good or could go with the genre that he or she is into at the moment same thing with mangas i literally have over 900 different mangas i am reading and i am up tp date with every single last one of them lol yes i know it is insane but because of covid i have nothing else to do. i am into manyyyyyyy different genres of mangas i would say the one area i cannot stand and refuse to read are the ones with the mecha robots those i cannnooooootttttttt get into lol i will say there are only two mangas i have read that i actually liked and havent fouond good ones since lol

iBundles Dabs
Crew

ameliefraise

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:24 am

Im AmelieFraise and I'm just a communtiy member

I love going to conventions and cosplaying and wanted to meet others that do the same

I just joined so not yet lmao

Ive been going to cons since 2011. I'm now in my 20s and try to sew my own coplays with a sewing machine I got as a gift from family. I re-wear costumes a lot and mainly did thrifting/hand-sewing altercations before I got the machine. I sometimes buy costumes when it's way above my level tho. I've also been in panels with my friends, but I've never hosted one of my own

I can try to offer cosplay crafting advice tho I'm definitely no pro just a hobbyist  
Convention Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games