🞂 Teaching self-defense.

DISLIKES
      🞂 Bright, hot sunny days.
      🞂 Animals, he's never had a pet.
      🞂 Running out of bullets.
      🞂 Strong taking advantage of the weak.

FEARS
      🞂 Harm befalling the woman he admires.
      🞂 Dying. He has a long life ahead of him, so he won't throw his life away carelessly and will relentlessly fight to survive.

══════════════════════════════════════════════

PERSONA
      🞂 Withdrawn, he's not very personable but has his connections.
      🞂 Patient, never jumps the gun and can wait years for opportune moments.
      🞂 Moral, sticks to a code of ethics in everything he does.
      🞂 Stiff, its been years since he laughed.
      🞂 Soloist, has never been a very good team player.
      🞂 Kind, without drawing attention he will do nice things.
      🞂 Calm, it takes an immense amount of stress for Gasai to lose his cool.

BIO
      ❱❱ PRE-GATE Cost guard turned police officer enrolled in special training. Top of his class and precinct in everything, but had no desire to move up the ranks. Met Kyrie during her wild streak and was slightly attracted to her spirit. Never pursued her because he knew it wouldn't work out.
      ❱❱ SKY ASUNDER Dove in immediately. No one had to ask him to suit up and help at the coast. Gasai was there in a heart beat protecting civilians and fighting creatures of the unknown. Everyone in his squad was slain. It was thanks to Kyrie's skillful hands and curious nature that he survived his Empyrean wounds. Their outpost was overrun, but together they escaped to the main facility as Alpha sealed the gate.
      ❱❱ MAGE HUNT Gasai wasn't in the business of rounding up Mages for experimentation. Instead he opted for security detail in order to secretly watch over Kyrie. Several instances where he had to put down kids that couldn't control their powers. Killing kids haunted him more than the Empyreans. If not for Kyrie sharing her outlook on the situation, Gasai may have slipped mentally. He couldn't trust the Mages, but he still viewed them as human in the end.
      ❱❱ ATOMIC PRISON Lock down at the facility with the Mages was hard at first, but the more time he spent with a select few while watching over Kyrie, the more comfortable he became with them. Gasai even took a little spark under his wing; Haruno Mika. Even for a little girl, the kid was all business. Everything she did, she did her best to outshine the others. There was something about the kid he didn't trust. There was no clear motive for her to be so willing in experiments, training and psych evaluation. Although he grew closer to Kyrie while providing security and training, the two kept their feelings at bay. Kyrie had a large role to play in the development of Mages and closing the gate. In respect to her work and his, they never moved forward on their relationship.
      ❱❱ TRANSFER STUDENTS When Kyrie's project was approved, Gasai had to admit he was shocked. The need for power to face the gate outweighed paranoia and control it seemed. However, UDA trusted Kyrie's evaluation of the selected Mages and Agents to work the project. Gasai was one of the chosen agents. Posing as a substitute teacher.
      ❱❱ CURRENT Keito has been attending school and blending in peacefully. He's trying to forget all thoughts of the gate and just enjoy life as a teenager. He joined the soccer team and has quickly risen to be the top player.

RELATIONS
      🞂 HARUNO MIKA - ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ - Gasai hates playing favorites, but he can't deny this kid is number one in his book. She works hard and is stubborn as a mule. He's watched her grown up over the years and has come to see her as an apprentice. Taught her martial arts, self defense and the proper use of weapons. Seems she also picked up on his detective skills. He still remains on edge, because her motives to excel are unclear to him. Plus, she's a Mage.
      🞂 AGENT YOKYRIE - ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ - Since his early twenties, Kyrie has had a special place in his heart. Their feelings for one another are clear as day, but neither have made a move to pursue them due to respect. Both have made UDA their life. Entering a relationship would only complicate and deter them from their goals. It doesn't keep them from always being at each other's side though.
      🞂 MIAMOTO KEITO - ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ - Hasn't had much interaction with the kid. He doesn't have an interest in training and is quite the escape artist. Gasai keeps an eye on him though. It seems Keito is one of Kyrie's favorites for some reason.

PLOT SLOTS
      🞂 LOVE INTEREST - Taken by Agent Yokyrie.
      🞂 VESSEL - [Open] Hate him or love him, he's a terrible substitute teacher.
      🞂 MAGE - [Open] Your self defense teacher at the UDA facility.

Pet Me Now
Vice Captain

Pet Me Now
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:36 am
____∴ Post Log

Monday, June 24th - Murder in Shiri
    1 2 4 5

[align=center][size=18][color=black][b]G[/b] a s a i[/color][color=white] _[/color] [color=darkgray]♠ [/color] [color=white]_[/color] [color=black][b]A[/b] c e[/color][/size]

☰☱☲☳☴☵☶☷☰☱☲☳☴☵☶☷☰☱☲☳☴☵☶☷☰☱☲☳☴☵☶☷

[img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4e/10/50/4e1050e8486e90b2df4d6045d42eb621.gif[/img]

[size=9][/size]

[color=black][b]A[/b] g e n t [/color][color=white]_[/color] [color=darkgray]♠ [/color][color=white] _[/color] [b]S[/b] p a d e[/align]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:00 am
G a s a i _ _ A c e

User Image

Recruits had been put in Shiri Dorms at the beginning of the school week. They were allowed to bring only what could fit in two suitcases. Curfews were enforced. Midnight. Weekly pay was given out. 2,000 Yen. U.D.A. training attire fitted. Slim sweats, sleeveless tee, zip up hoodie and plain sneakers. A new cell phone was issued, which included their ID pass for the Z03 Facility. The interns were given Monday and Tuesday to settle into the dorms. Wednesday was their orientation at the facility. Rules of the facility were simple. Only go where your ID card allows. Complete your daily training regime. For the first 30 days, they'd be required to check in at the facility every day. Thursday, they were given physicals by Dr. Valkyrie. After school Friday, they'd begin their first day of field training.

Outside on the training course, Kyrie and Ace stood before the recruits and mages. White dress shirt and black slacks. Arm in a sling, he stared them down. Irritation was evident. He did not want Kyrie here. But the manager ordered her presence on the field. The new recruits for U.D.A. were a different breed from what he was familiar with. Past candidates had training, experience and specific skill sets. These were... "Children!" he commanded, voice stern and eyes lifeless. "Address me as Spade. I will be your instructor and you will heed every word which leaves my mouth or find yourself ten feet under as maggot fodder. You are here to be melded into a weapon that will save humanity from the otherworldly threat we call Empyreans. Take this seriously," the agent did not walk up and down the lines, but made sure his cold stare connected with every set of pupils at least once. "The first thing you are going to do is run the course as fast as you can in stride with your partner," Spade announced with a grumble in his throat as he looked over at Kyrie. He did not approve of this light-hearted starting exercise in the least. "Do not leave your partner behind. Both must complete every obstacle. Do so by any means necessary. However, magic is prohibited. Your time is concluded once you both pass the finish line. First pair, Hana Kasai and Jager Cyrus to the starting line," Ace ordered, flare gun in hand as he looked over to Kyrie who readied her clipboard and stopwatch. "Go," Ace shot the flare gun without a countdown and Kyrie started the watch.

Reloading the gun, he gave the first pair a thirty second head start before calling the next. "Saito Eris and Kabuto Ikki, to the starting line," he ordered, going through the same motion and firing the flare gun for them to start. He repeated the cycle for "Haruno Mika and Ginma Masaaki," as well as "Miamoto Keito and Hanzaki Miyuki," and several other unnamed pairs. Slow. Every group was slow. Ace wanted to shout. Threaten. Insult. Per Kyrie, he was instructed to do nothing but watch... for the first round. Cigarette. Lighter. He took a long. . . very long. . . first drag. It didn't help. "Tch," he sucked through his teeth at every blunder the recruits and mages made. It was hard to watch Mages he trained fall behind because of their partners. It was difficult to watch Mages who had never run the course get help from their partners. "What a mess. . . " he murmured under his breath, loud enough for only Kyrie to hear.

A g e n t _ _ S p a d e

The Obstacle Course

Complete the course within 2 posts per character by June 26th. No group posting order. Post within your pairing. Remember, write to your character's capabilities. Fail as much as you feel necessary, because your character will only grow from here on out. Your time will be scored based on Ace and Kyrie's judgement, taking into consideration your character's physique and teamwork.

Part One: Balance
Traverse fallen logs and stumps. Fail and fall into mud.

Part Two: Agility
Maneuver across a tire run, through a rope web and crawl under wire.

Part Three: Strength
Climb a vertical rock wall, jump over water to a hanging rope and clear water bed by swinging over. Tire squeeze, crawl under the weight of tires to get through.

Part Four: Cardio
Jump hurdles through sand, rock and mud to reach the finish line.

Pet Me Now
Vice Captain

Pet Me Now
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:29 am
G a s a i _ _ A c e

User Image

Head jutted to his shoulder. Neck cracked in aggravation. Ace would make them run the course until they puked, and then make them run it again. . . if he had it his way. But, no. Kyrie wanted the interns to have a light first day of training in each area of field work with breaks in-between. After refreshments and towels were handed out, the agent let out a sharp whistle for everyone to gather once again. Two agents in the same training attire as the interns stood nearby. "Next exercise is hand to hand combat," Spade explained simply before going over to both agents.

One was a short man and the other a tall woman. Both physically fit. "Carry yourself both offensively and defensively. First, I will teach you how to properly stand," he sounded almost sarcastic, but was dead serious. Just standing in place not ready to fight or defend. He went over several points of the body to keep aligned and balanced; shoulders, hips, how to distribute weight throughout their feet, etc. He used the agents to point out the alignment of their bodies and then go around and fix each intern. He was not gentle. Even with one arm. "Now, we will go over the basics of combat. Strike as necessary. Evade precisely. Conserve energy. Remain balanced," he started before turning to the example agents. He would go over a three proper punches, kicks, blocks and evasions. "Execute 20 times each," Spade ordered, walking up and down the line. Correcting as necessary. Getting a feel for aptitude before moving on.

"Turn to your partner and execute. Coach one another. Adjust. Repeat. Quicken the pace," he instructed, dismissing the pair of agents from the exercise. He took his spot at the front, watching the pairings attempt to knock each other out. "Gr..." he grumbled, wanting to shout at the weak ones and challenge the strong ones. There was an imbalance between pairs, but he was censored from his typical drill sergeant routine. Instead, he tried to speak in a way Kyrie would approve of. "Put your all into every punch! Every kick! Learn your partner's strengths. Be aware of their weakness!"

A g e n t _ _ S p a d e

Hand to Hand

Part One: Stand
That's right. You all slouch, slump and lean. Adjust your posture.

Part Two: Individual Drills
3 Punches x20
3 Kicks x20
3 Blocks x20
3 Evades x20

Part Three: Strike & Defend
Face your partner. Take turns being offensive and defensive. Can't hit your partner? Dare to cry about it and see what happens.
Is your character not a fighter? Now is the time to announce it. Interns don't have to be soldiers. Dr. Kyrie will come to your rescue.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:22 am
Reserved.  

Pet Me Now
Vice Captain

Pet Me Now
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:35 am
Reserved.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:39 am
Reserved.  

Pet Me Now
Vice Captain