Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply News and Important Thread Archive
Snagem Summer Cup (WiFi Tournament)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:26 pm
User Image

Sign ups for the Snagem Summer Cup are open! We'll be holding a Wi-Fi Pokemon tournament using the Pokemon Sword and Shield games starting Friday, August 7th. The various rules for the tournament are as listed below.

-----

1.) Tournament will be singles format, normal rules, with teams of six Pokemon.

2.) All Pokemon, except legends, may be used.

3.) No two or more of the same species of Pokemon.

4.) No more than two of the same held item may be used.

5.) Hacked or otherwise altered Pokémon outside of the game's normal means are strictly forbidden. Anyone found out to be using such Pokémon will be disqualified from this tourney and all future tourneys at once.

6.) Any player automatically loses if they knock out their last Pokémon through the moves Self-Destruct, Explosion, Destiny Bond or Perish Song, even if the opponent's last Pokémon was also knocked out.

7.) Dynamaxing/Gigantamaxing is permitted.

8.) Your team must be registered upon sign up. You may only use the one team exactly as it is when you register it, no changing your team in mid-tournament. (This includes Pokemon, moves, abilities, and held items.) Registering is done in-game via the Victory Station (located in the in-game menu) under Battle Stadium located within. You will receive a Team ID when registering your team. (If you have trouble registering a team please PM me for assistance.)

9.) After every battle you are to share Team IDs with your opponent to confirm that you have been using the same team throughout the tournament.

-----

And there you have the rules. The bracket style we'll be using is double-elimination, for those of you who don't know this means you'll get a chance to redeem yourself in the losers bracket when you lose once.

There will also be a variety of prizes for the top three contestants, they are as follows:

1st Place: Choice of $20 Steam or Amazon Gift Code, 2 Snag Emblems, Special Discord Role

2nd Place: Choice of $10 Steam or Amazon Gift Code, 2 Snag Emblems, Special Discord Role

3rd Place: 2 Snag Emblems, 40 Snag Coins, Special Discord Role

All Non-Placing Entrants That Battle At Least Twice: Special Discord Role, 1 Snag Emblem, and Entry Into A Special Raffle

-----

And those are the guaranteed prizes, we may be adding more later but for now there they are.

To sign up simply declare your intent to sign up below along with your Switch Friend Code so that all other entrants may add you.

And there you have it! May the best trainer reign supreme this summer!

Click Here for Bracket

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:17 am
I will try my best.  

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:35 pm
Win if you can, survive if I... don't do anything different this is a Pokemon tournament, not an actual fight to the death.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:34 pm
Is this where i sign up? razz  

Arkelos

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:32 pm
Been meaning to sign up since it was posted, but hadn't. Fixing that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:06 am
Derp. Forgot to post in here. I'm in.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:06 am
If we can get any more people in this thing, I guess I'm game.  
News and Important Thread Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games