Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith's Hatching] The Best of Life [Open] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:48 pm
Maishel

And then there were four, which was okay. Maishel was completely unaware of how much she was leaning forward in her seat, completely improper for someone who was raised with better manners, but she couldn't help it. There was something interesting about seeing this final stretch, watching to find out who among the final candidates would leave with a partner or leave empty handed.

This was the sort of drama that appealed to her, rather than violence or anger.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:02 pm

While the girls ran over one another trying to find their other halves, Orange Galaxy had already located his. Not that he'd needed assistance - he'd always known in his hearts where he was bound. But did she?

Keleres, are you ready to take me to the feeding tables? Your Rossoth is finished sorting out this mess. How one dragonet could move so quickly or so stealthily was certainly difficult to explain, but he had appeared at her elbow. One moment no baby, the next... a very hungry brown dragonet.

User Image

Sweet Symmetry

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:15 pm
Haveli

Ah...so the brown went to a girl after all? Perhaps she shouldn't have dismissed that notion so quickly but then again, since it wasn't her that was alright. Oddly enough she found her steps towards the green who had asked her and all the others to come over stopping, and she turned her head for the briefest of moments towards the exit of the sands.

There were plenty of candidates still out here and she doubted it would be a mad rush to leave when it was over. Probably a slow trod, with several candidates crying or others dreading leaving for what likely was their last time. Would they go and pack their bags to leave once it was done, or had they managed to secure a place for themselves here in the Weyr? Haveli wasn't quite sure if she'd done that yet at High Reaches, despite nearly three turns there, but it was a work in progress. She'd find a way to stay safe and protected one way or another.

But enough of that, her eyes turned away from the exit and focused back on the two remaining greens on the sand. There was no hurry for them to look at her and dismiss her, but there was still an underly urgency to know if, yet again, she wasn't worthy of these specific dragons. Not all dragons of course, there had to be one out there for her eventually, but just very, very likely not today.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:24 pm
Niviora - She/Her - Western

She nods, for Vimeran was right -- there had been little actual incident, besides accidents or people caught in the crossfire. All would be well, for there was but a few dragons left -- and they deserved her best thoughts. Her eyebrows knitted at long faces, looking around out at the crowd gathered around her. Hm. Babies didn’t deserve hurt in candidates hearts and minds -- no matter color, Khamaith and they deserved respect and love -- especially as there would be three people gathered here today to impress such lovely babies.

“Should we go introduce ourselves? I’d hate to deny her request.” Niviora glanced up at Vimeran, though her ankle wasn’t quite up for it, she couldn’t - wouldn’t refuse.

----

Dystzha - She/Her - Western

“I hope so, too.” She pauses, watching Golden Flourish green settle herself back in to recline and observe. Were there long faces? Dystzha glanced at Surel, then at the surrounding candidates. These greens were gorgeous, as had the glances she’d had at the brown and bronze. Still a good handful of babies to find Theirs, to celebrate the newest pairs of Pern.

She pauses, watching little Spotted Green green’s eyes whirl rainbows as she called for Hers, and -- oh! There was the sneaky brown, suddenly finding His. That left but three little babies, and one calling candidates to come introduce themselves.
Dystzha smiled at her companion, nodding towards Purple and Teal Swirl green. “Shall we?” She took a half step, though lingering a touch -- for she’d follow to lead in her friend’s directions.

SilverLutz

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:28 pm
Dipsi- Westen Weyr

Dipsi knew why the girl might want to avoid leaving the sands. Just encase. Just encase any of those beautiful greens left roaming were for her. Or the brown even. Yes she understood completely but she was not about to let a new friend get away just like that. "Well then for now, you can just use me to lean on if you need it." She told Finn with a large smile. She was still bouncing slightly on the balls of her feet as she looked back at the sands.

"That sounds awful, this is my first hatching and I am glad it's been calm compared to some of the stories I've heard from others. And the little white just seemed to appreciate the help, and Mama gold. Even though the candidates couldn't help much in the end." Poor Finn had let herself in for it now as the over excited Dipsi word vomited all over her in a rush.

"My name is Dipsi. I'm a western candidate but it doesn't really feel like it yet since I just got here a few days before the touching. I still feel rather out of place since I never really stepped outside my own small cot hold before now. Most of my family is there and well. I never expected any of this but I am reallly excited. Even if I don't impress the day had been amazing." It was honestly impressive the girl even managed to breath as she gushed. S

She only fell silent as the sweet quiet green got close to inspect them. But alas it was not meant to be. Two down. Three more to go and only two possibilities left for the girls.

ShinosBee
Finnisa—High Reaches—She/Her

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:36 pm
Eliaza

Perhaps that wasn't enough after all, though it had at least caught enough attention to make a couple of those dragonets on the Sands make their choice.

Eliaza took another deep breath, steadied her will, and stepped forward. Not too close but forward. Present. Here.  

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:49 pm
Rundanrul - Western

A green called for hers, the brown found his...all that was left were two greens and the hidden Butterfly bronze. Rundanrul stood still, not wanting to move from his spot despite the request to come introduce himself. He'd let the other Candidates gather around the green. Now that there were so few dragons on the sands it was easier to focus on the bronze, his thoughts calm and focused. He'd be emerging any time now, Run was sure.

---

Surel - Western

Two more dragons Impressed as one of the two remaining greens called for the Candidates to come forward to meet her. She hesitated as Dystzha moved forward, but after a few moments she gave a little nod. There were no more feisty babies on the sands as far as she could tell, so maybe going a bit closer wouldn't hurt.

"You first," she insisted with a little grin, trying to not let her nerves get the best of her. "I'll be right behind."

---

Vimeran - High Reaches

The request to come forward made Vimeran frown and reminded him of one of the bronzes back in High Reaches that had asked for the same thing, though only the boys to come forward. He'd stayed where he was that time and was intending to the same here, but Niviora wanted to go and she was injured...

Taking a slow breath through his nose and letting it out, Vimeran closed his eyes to figure out what he was going to do. The baby dragon was asking for people to come forward so it wasn't as if they were approaching her unwarranted and other Candidates were starting to move forward as well...

"Fine," he finally said, opening his eyes again. "But slowly. I'm not carrying you off the sands because you got too excited and rolled that thing worse than you already did." Taking a step forward, Vimeran stayed close to Niviora so she could continue to use him as a makeshift crutch.

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:07 pm
User Image

My dear sister... the Golden Flourish green said, venom dripping through sugared tones, You cannot possibly be thinking of choosing my beloved rider. There was a note of accusation in Golden Flourish's voice, and it certainly was clear that both dragonets were headed precisely in the same direction. But Golden Flourish hurried ahead, dismayed to be made to practically gallop simply to keep her choice her own!

VimeranMine, don't let her fool you! Your Rhodonth is the best and only green for you! Please don't be swayed by her... her... uncouth behavior! the dragonet pleaded, aghast to be brought to such a low.

But Purple and Teal Swirl gave a purely internal peal of laughter. Him? No! My beautiful Niviora is a thousand times his superior! Ha! To think she would have chosen a man when the most wonderful woman in all of Pern stood before her? Niviora, you will be your Sauzath's, won't you? the dragonet crooned, realizing that she hadn't actually asked.
User Image
SilverLutz
Prism Shine

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:24 pm
Haveli

And then it was over, just like that. A sudden punch in the gut hit and, despite her best efforts, Haveli felt tears. They didn't fall, she wasn't that devastated, but they pooled in the corner of her eyes and stung at her vision. She could lie to herself and say it was sweat from being on the hot sands, but it probably was from the fact that twice, in a single Turn, no dragon had even bothered to look her way. She'd crossed an ocean to try, and nothing was different.

What was she even doing anymore? Hadn't she just told herself it wasn't going to happen anyway? Maybe the dragon who searched her had picked up on Arlie all along and she was just faking her way through it? When she got to High Reaches maybe it would be better to ask a dragon if she had what it took to be a rider, rather than continue to stand on hot sands time after time again only to be denied. Haveli had always heard stories of folks Impressing in a Hail Faranth final hour before aging out, but she didn't want that. There was only so much disappoint she'd allow herself before the temper came back and with it, the attitude. That negative attitude she'd been working on for so long.

On the absolute bright side of it all, she hadn't been injured in any way this time. Someone else had taken that lovely prize and worn it in her stead, so when it came time to walk off the sands she wouldn't be limping or be carried off. If only maybe her eyes weren't watering from the heat and she could see better? Then that would make this the perfect ending, and she could actually drink herself sick at the end of this. The last few times she hadn't been allowed, so nothing was going to stop her.

No, stop, there was still a dragon on the sands and even though it painfully wasn't for her, she needed to keep herself upright. No need to show weakness in front of all these people when she could mourn alone later; for now it was all about celebration and warm and happy thoughts and Haveli bit at her lower lip as she blinked quite hard. Grow up and stop it, there was plenty of time. There were many paths to the eventual end of it, but just...for now, she'd allow a small sniffle to escape among the other sounds on the sands.

Just for now.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:28 pm
Jemaselle

She sighed slightly as the last of the greens found there person to impressed to. Little bronze was still on the sands and she was going to be careful of him, till he impressed but her chances had passed by now. She shifted slightly, on the sand, working out a bit of a cramp. Feast should be soon, so food. Food would be good.

Oddellet - Wester- She/Her

"And there they goo!" Pretty little things that they were and they seemed to have found there and that was great. They were so cute! There was a bronze. Out there. "Think he'll get moving and find his now?" She questioned. Not her, but which of the boys.. though she was sure that most of the people she talked to had impressed.

She was going ot have to talk to more people.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:35 pm

... Fine.

Maybe it was time at last to return to his earlier pursuit, now that everything had quieted down. The Butterfly bronze did not leave his shell, however, simply reaching out to the one he knew was his.

Well, Rykin... I suppose it's time. Your Demodeth does not want to spend a moment longer with this charade. For indeed, why bother when he already knew who His was? What an absolute joke this was, and not a funny one at that. Either way, the bronze was done, and growing hungrier by the moment.

User Image

And no, he would not flap his wings. He would not, in fact, budge them so much as an inch.

Smerdle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:36 pm
Finnisa—High Reaches—She/Her
Ah, well, there they went, and that was that. The two greens took off to pick theirs, and she was even a little amused to see a bit of rivalry between them... she'd had that with her sister. When they were younger, at least. After she'd impressed, they'd not got on well for some time. Even leaving to come to this hatching, Finn had held some small seed of bitterness in her heart for her lucky sister. But it looked like she'd be heading back to High Reaches... maybe it was time to try to mend that bridge, she mused to herself. That was alright. It might be... nice, actually, to be a rider alongside her...

"I appreciate it, but I think I'll be alright. I suppose we could head for the healer... though I guess it'd be rude to turn our backs on the bronze, even though he probably isn't for us, hmm?" she teased gently, easing her own disappointment with the light humor. "Dipsi? Well, yeah... some are easier, some are worse. This one wasn't bad... though..." She paused, reflecting on Oreune, morbidly realizing that she hadn't thought about her friend for some long minutes. She really did hope she was alright... Another reason to get to the healers, for her hand and to look in on her friend. "It was very brave for them to help the egg, or try to help, but you know? Sometimes it just doesn't work out so well. I'm sure you'll have time to learn all about it before the next hatching... which I figure could be up at High Reaches, so you can always come see how we do it there too." She nodded along with the excitable candidate, and then sighed as a rush of... maybe it was disappointment, maybe it was just being tired, washed over her.

"Better luck next time, huh?"

Sinders Path
Dipsi- Westen Weyr

ShinosBee

Nerd

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:45 pm
Haveli

She gave a final bow to the parents of the clutch before departing, her steps on the sand light and fast. No point in lingering here any longer.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:48 pm
Maishel

Was that it? No sudden surprises at the end? Maishel wondered if they were to remain seated until dismissed or what not, so she did. Something told her it was polite to watch the candidates who failed to Impress leave, as if somehow giving them support to keep trying and other platitudes that were likely spoon fed to them again and again. No one liked being told things only for them to not come true - herself included quite strongly in that group.

But still, despite some hiccups this hatching wasn't all that bad? She did have some rather strong thoughts on it after all and would happily share them later on at the feast, but it wasn't that bad.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:20 pm
Niviora of Green Sauzath - Impression Post

She chuckled softly at Vimeran’s words, shaking her head. As if she’d let Vim carry her off the sands. But there’s one, two steps after another as she leaned against him -- until her steps stalled as she watched the pair of greens suddenly on the move. Though the paler of the pair had to run to catch up, she’s only aware of the rapidly closing distance between the pair of sisters and her and Vimeran.

Him? No! My beautiful Niviora is a thousand times his superior!

The voice is like a thunderstrike, and for all Niviora has heard dragons speak to her before, this little green’s voice was all she craved to hear. She takes a staggered step away from Vimeran’s side, though the pain in her ankle was a fading blip on her radar of awareness. Even the other green, one she had once been fearful of, didn’t register once those bright facets were turning onto her. Niviora’s gaze flit across the pale freckles across her cheeks, to the larger spots up her snout. The light-to-dark of her wings, to the bright markings down her sides.

Beautiful, just…. beautiful.

Niviora, you will be your Sauzath’s, won’t you? The soft croon seemed to shatter the stand still that Niviora had been paused in, smiling to the small dragonet. Niviora stepped forward, falling to her knees in front of the baby -- her baby -- and kissed the bridge of her snout. Her hand cupped her Sauzath’s chin, watching the myriad of rainbows swirl a bit brighter with the rise in her emotions, until those prismatic colors faded out for the bright purples and blues.

“Of course, Sauzath.” For who on Pern would she rather have? None would ever be as wonderful, as perfect, as her Sauzath. Her darling, her perfect lady. Sauzath crooned once more, pushing her head under Niviora’s chin as she cuddled close, perfectly content to bask in the adoration of Hers now that they had found one another.

Now, Niviora, we must make our entrance. For to be fashionably late to a party was all the rage, after all. Sauzath drew herself up, neck arched high as she waited for her rider to slowly stand before marching past Rhodonth with nothing more than a sly look.

Niv, for the most part, could only chuckle softly, grinning at Vimeran -- or would he be changing his name? -- and for once less of a false smile to hide behind and more.. Open. Honest. “Guess you’re staying in Western, hm?” But she turned to follow after Sauzath, who was waiting to make their way to the feeding tables -- and let Vimeran and his green have their private moments. There’d always be time later, now.

SilverLutz

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces