Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Rec Room (Renaissance Galaxy threads)
Pokemon Heart Gold walkthrough/bragging

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:12 am
If you want to delete the old save file because you feel you messed up, press up, select and b at the same time on your DS and select yes twice.

Watch the opening intro of Professor Oak giving his usual beginning speech. Oak will ask you your gender. This is going to be your character's gender. Then he wants to know your character's name. For this file, I am going to choose female and Dee.

Use the select button to change the caps on the keyboard of the DS and press start once you have the name, then select yes on the touch screen.

Head down the stairs and talk with your game mom. She will set you up for your initial adventure. Best use the options setting first to select your gaming speed and such. Then save the game to save the settings and lets get started.

Use the arrow keys to move.

Speak with Professor Elm first after saving the game. Select your starter pokemon. Now because you are in Johto, it will be Chikorita (grass), Cyndaquil (fire), and Totodile (water). I chose totodile because he is the cutest to me. So hyper.

Now to locate Mr. Pokemon.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:30 am
You start with 0 pokeballs, so best to avoid the tall grass unless you cannot help it.

Since I cannot completely avoid the grass, I ran into a level 2 pidgey. Easy for totodile who is level 5. After a little ways, you will reach cherrygrove city. And an old man will give you the running shoes after he gives you a tour.

Once along route 30, you are going to want to visit the first house you see because the dude there will allow you to collect apricorns for making pokeballs.

Go inside the second house after collecting the apricorn and then receive the pokemon egg. This is going to be togepi. Professor Oak will speak to you and give you the Pokedex.

Professor elm calls you so its back to the lab.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:55 am
As you head back to the lab, you run into your rival who is a red-haired boy. He will have the starter that has a strong type advantage against you. Use your basic moves. After beating his bottom, he claims he wants to be the worlds greatest pokemon trainer, so we all know who that is, right?

Name your rival.

Your next stop is your house to blab to your game mom all that's happened and then you are to begin heading towards violet city. Have your mom save some money for you for later. It will come in handy.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:12 am
To gym 1 - Violet city

Meet your best friend on route 29. He will teach you how to catch Pokemon. This is always a good refresher. Always weaken the pokemon if you can to the yellow or red health then toss a pokeball at it. After watching the refresher, then he gives you some pokeballs and then train! Train until you catch all the types of Pokemon along the route 29 if you can.

Ignore the tree hidden pokemon for now. You can catch those later. For now we definitely want pidgey and rattata since we encountered both.

Okay, found a sentret. Found the pidgey. Found rattata. Now since I do not know of anymore, I am going to head to cherrygrove city.

If you want a rock type, catch geodude on route 46, which is north of route 29.

Okay since I am out of pokeballs, I must buy more in cherry grove, but I am going to continue training until Totodile is level 10 before then.

You can find spearow on route 46.

The only pokemon I am missing for route 29 is hoothoot, but he can be found at night. This is of course not including pokemon hidden in trees. According to serebii.net anyway.

And the only pokemon I need for route 46 is spearow, which I need pokeballs for. So, since its the only one I need and I bought pokeballs in cherrygrove city, I just have to find it.

On route 30, you need to catch Caterpie and Metapod during the day and Spinarak during the night. You can do some trainer battles first though. There's youngster Joey who has a rattata.

Now for rattata, since its a normal type, a fighting type is super effective, just for type advantage tips.

I have my starter at level 10. Time to train up my weaker pokemon. My rattata named Linda is level 4 right now.

I caught all the pokemon that I can for route 30. Onto the next route.

The only pokemon needed for route 31 if you caught them all to this point is bellsprout.

I caught all the pokemon I need for route 31.

Once you get to violet city, heal your pokemon then head to sprout tower, which is across the bridges to the north of the gym. Use your spearow against the bellsprout that the monks have and be sure to have your geodude at level 13 or higher. Then take on the gym once you climb to the top of sprout tower and beat the boss there.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:36 am
Now before you go through Ilex forest just passed Azelea town, I would recommend getting your pokemon to level 20 and catch all the ones available to you. Remember, you can get the old rod by visiting the Pokemon center's fishing guru before you enter the cave to get to Azelea town. So, you can catch at least a magikarp. You should have an unown in your pokedex too. Since unown is a psychic type, I think you can teach it psychic moves.

On route 29, you should have Hoothoot, Pidgey, Rattata and sentret if you did things right. Once you go through Ilex forest and find the headbutt move teacher (you have to know the HM cut to get to him though), you can go back to route 29 and catch yourself a Pineco and an exeggcute. Once you have all 6 of those pokemon, other than the daily apricorn, you are done on route 29.

Route 30 has spinarak at night, then you can catch a caterpie and a metapod. There is also a fishing section on this route, so I think you can catch a magikarp with the old rod. As well, you can catch a poliwag. There are surfing Pokemon here, but I am not that far in the game yet. There are trainers to fight on the second visit, and there is the apricorn box, togepi egg, and the Pokedex to get on the first visit. The togepi egg you will hand in to Professor elm until you beat the Violet gym leader then you get to take it with you via the pokemart delivery aide in Violet city.

There is a cave on route 31, some short cuts if you know cut to get through the route faster, bellsprout, zubat, and dunsparce to catch. Zubat and Dunsparce are in the cave. Be sure to learn flash and rock smash in order to complete that part. You won't learn strength for a while yet. There is an apricorn tree to get on this route before you head to violet city and its a good idea to have your party to level 15 at this point to be safe. It does take a while, but it is worth it.

Now when you are done with Violet city, be sure to get the rock smash on that one rock and the secret at the end of that path before opting to either go west or South. If you went South, then there is an apricorn tree, some trainers, a wooper, a mareep, and a hoppip along with the old fishing rod as that is the way you go to get to Azelea town. If you went west, then you are going the long way around and you are going to go to the ruins of Alph. And since your pokemon should be at level 15, you can handle anything that comes your way without worry.

If you went into the ruins of alph, the only pokemon there is unown, but a whole lot of items.

When you go through the cave passed the pokemon center with the fishing guru in it, you are going to battle a bunch of trainers, head down some stairs to get some useful items and two pokemon. Sandshrew and Onix. If you traded the bellsprout for the onix in violet city then you won't need the onix in the cave.  
Village Rec Room (Renaissance Galaxy threads)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games