By Simcha Jacobovici in JESUS ARCHEOLOGY March 24, 2016

My investigation into The Dead Sea Scrolls has just premiered on CuriosityStream, launched by John Hendricks, founder of the Discovery Channel. CuriosityStream is the world’s first streaming service devoted exclusively to documentaries. The Dead Sea Scrolls report is part of five initial reports dealing with “Biblical Mysteries”. I believe my investigation sheds new light on The Dead Sea Scrolls, which are arguably the most famous archaeological artifacts ever found.

The Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered between 1946 and 1956, first by Bedouin goat-herds and then by archaeologists, in caves on the shores of the Dead Sea, next to the ancient settlement of Qumran.

The find caused an immediate sensation because the scrolls are a sort of ancient library, stored in clay vessels, that include the oldest manuscripts of the Hebrew Bible ever uncovered. Scholars have dated the scrolls from approximately 200 BCE to 70 CE (the date of the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans at the end of the Great Jewish Revolt (66-73 CE)). Meaning, some of the scrolls were written and/or copied during the lifetime of Jesus of Nazareth

Read more: link