Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Sermons
Seeing the World in Black and White

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:30 am
Article by Greg Morse
Staff writer, desiringGod.org

After watching the George Floyd video and seeing the ensuing destruction to our city, the four walls of the house began to feel suffocating. I needed to go for a walk. I buckled my daughter in her stroller, and off my wife and I went. We discussed what we saw and pled with God on behalf of the Floyd family and our nation. On our way back, we turned the corner and happened upon an elderly white woman walking toward us on the sidewalk. As soon as she appeared to have seen us, we heard what we thought was a grunt of disgust, and she immediately crossed the street.

What happened there? What transpired between that woman and my family? How we answer this question, as well as many others like it, I believe, indicates how successful the course of current conversations surrounding racial reconciliation will be.

Read more:link  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:50 am
It's because of racism and there's literally a bunch of videos of it. White people disrespecting blacks, Puerto Ricans, Hispanics, Muslims, Chinese and etc. Not only that it's because they see blacks as a gang member, criminals or robbers. Which some of them don't do that we are all equal.The protestors made it worse by burning stuff around and breaking in stores and stealing. Which was unnecessary but I know because of anger and frustration. Still they shouldn't of done that. I experienced protestors at the mall outside and they literally blocked the street for a sec. It didn't last long there were only a couple of them not a lot. Which thank goodness it didn't last for many months.  

Sa1va

Sermons

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff