Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian apologetics
How Do We Respond to Claims That Christianity Is Dangerous?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:48 am
We have a culture question from a pastor who asks this: “Pastor John, hello! In a recent TGC podcast, Sam Allberry said the following about campus outreach ministry:

People have often thought Christianity was a bit quaint, you know? “There, there — you’ve got your little faith kind of thing.” But increasingly, what we’re seeing in a more secular context is people actually saying to us, “Your faith is a danger to society.” And that’s a new space for us. And we’re used to being looked down on and slightly patronized. I don’t think we’re used to feeling like we are the enemy. People used to say, “I don’t like Christianity because it’s too moral.” Now, they’re saying, “I don’t like Christianity because it’s too immoral.” And whether it’s people saying Christianity is responsible for gay teenagers committing suicide, or for fostering intolerance, those arguments carry far more emotional force than some of the previous objections I would have dealt with ten or fifteen years ago.

“So here’s my question, Pastor John. Christianity started out as a powerful minority voice in culture. But at times in history, and today in America, Evangelicalism is a major cultural voice and possibly a deciding factor in the 2020 presidential election. So how do we respond as the tide turns and we hear criticisms coming our way that American Christianity is a bully, using its political and social sway for ends that the world says are mean, immoral, and even hateful?”

Read more: link  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:50 pm
There are different types of Christians sure some have their ways of what's right and wrong. In the bible Jesus says that no one is perfect besides God. Meaning that God knows everything and that he is always right. Even if you don't agree with him he is still right. That's why when Jesus spoke to his followers about what is right and wrong. The pastors feared him and hated him because he spoke truth. Not to be confused God is part of Jesus it is said in the bible. The years have changed and laws as well and many people think Christians agree to everything. They don't. I mean I respect gays, lesbians and bisexual as people only. I just don't like what they do because it's a sin and it's what Jesus hates the most. I'm not the type of person that goes towards you and say that's a sin you're going to hell. It's Jesus's decision he judges you whether if you're going to hell or not. My family and I loved Jesus for many years and neither of my family or relatives got affected by covid for all these months. That's how strong our faith is and love is just for him. We will continue to pray forever as well for other people in the world.  

Sa1va

Christian apologetics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff