Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Astronomy I

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:12 pm
๐€๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐จ๐ฆ๐ฒ
Professor Wolfgang Deadman

User Image
Astronomy Classroom

"The spacious Astronomy classroom is located on the top-most level of the Astronomy Tower. Accessed via a steep spiral stairway, the classroom is surrounded by crenelated ramparts and iron security railings around the edge of the Tower, where students gaze the skies with their telescopes. Astronomical models and telescopes are propped against the ramparts when the classroom is not in use. There is also a blackboard where the professor will always write with a chalkboard charmed to glow in the dark and there are floating warm-lit lanterns for students to see their writing in the dark. A door leads into a turret and the steep spiral stairway inside leads below.

This class, for 4th Years to the end, will be taught by a Durmstrang Alum named Wolfgang Deadman. An astronomer from Germany, he always wanted to become a teacher but for personal reasons he cannot teach in Durmstrang. He was pretty quiet and hard-to-read, but once you get to know him better he was actually pretty nice outside of class. Still, Deadman isn't a lenient professor, though as long as you listen in class you'll be in his good side constantly.

Thusday. 11:00pm to 11:45pm.
(Updated on Sundays)

Rules of the Classroom
Arrive on time, ten minutes is the grace period.

Be patient while I'm lecturing, I will give you time to ask questions.

Spellwork isn't necessary for this class, so put your wands away.

Pass your papers on time. No extensions.

Any insensitive and derogatory remarks against anybody here will be sent to my office.

There will be no fighting in my class. I will not entertain or allow any form of violence.

Syllabus for Fourth Years
First Year
[ ] Names of Planets
[ ] Movements of Planets
[ ] Names of Stars (Including Sun)
[ ] Names of Constellations

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:16 pm
User Image

๐–๐จ๐ฅ๐Ÿ๐ ๐š๐ง๐ _๐ƒ๐ž๐š๐๐ฆ๐š๐งspaces
                                                        ( German Half-Vampire ๏ฟญ Durmstrang Alumnus ๏ฟญ Astronomer ) โ†ซxx

๐‘ฐ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’๐’• ๐’•๐’ ๐’๐’Š๐’—๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’๐’Š๐’‡๐’† ๐’๐’Š๐’Œ๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’•: ๐‘ณ๐’Š๐’—๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’๐’Š๐’‡๐’† ๐’๐’‡ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‡๐’‚๐’Š๐’•๐’‰๐’‡๐’–๐’ ๐’๐’๐’†
                                                        ๐‘พ๐’‚๐’๐’๐’‚ ๐’ƒ๐’๐’˜ ๐’•๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’๐’๐’“ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’š๐’ƒ๐’๐’…๐’š ๐’†๐’๐’”๐’† ๐’˜๐’‚๐’๐’• ๐’•๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’”๐’๐’Ž๐’†๐’๐’๐’†
                                                        ๐‘ฐ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’๐’• ๐’•๐’ ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’Œ๐’† ๐’”๐’๐’Ž๐’† ๐’๐’๐’—๐’†, ๐‘ฐ ๐’…๐’๐’'๐’• ๐’˜๐’‚๐’๐’• ๐’๐’ ๐’†๐’๐’†๐’Ž๐’Š๐’†๐’”
                                                        ๐‘ฐ๐’•'๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’„๐’–๐’“๐’”๐’† ๐’๐’‡ ๐’‚ ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’: ๐‘จ๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’๐’Š๐’—๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’๐’Š๐’‡๐’†, ๐’๐’Š๐’—๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’๐’Š๐’‡๐’†, ๐’๐’Š๐’—๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’‹๐’–๐’”๐’• ๐’•๐’ ๐’‘๐’๐’†๐’‚๐’”๐’†
                                                        ๐‘ถ๐’‰, ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’Ž๐’๐’–๐’•๐’‰ ๐’๐’‡ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’“๐’Š๐’—๐’†๐’“ ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’˜๐’“๐’‚๐’•๐’‰ ๐’๐’‡ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’ˆ๐’Š๐’—๐’†๐’“

โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ โ– โ˜ฏ โ™ซ โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ

It was a Monday evening, and Wolfgang was first to arrive at the Astronomy tower. He knew that otherwise, it was probably not safe for kids to go there unsupervised given the altitude of the tower. As far as he was concerned, these kids were most likely tired. Though, Wolfgang wasn't tired at this time of the night, probably blame his father's heritage for that...

The first-years students finally arrived and Wolfgang, now that he thought about it, was quite thankful that he didn't have to handle first years that much. This castle was much larger than Durmstrang, and there were already a lot of students who were unlucky enough to get lost.

"Good evening," Wolfgang greeted with a serene smile, a book in his arms. His German accent was hopefully understandable, certain that it shouldn't be that thick. "I'm Professor Wolfgang Deadman, and..." He trailed off and frowned, unsure if saying stuff about himself was a good idea. But Wolfgang felt that students here might be intimidated by his "eerie aura", and he pretty much liked a good first impression. "To introduce myself- I'm from Germany, and I studied in Durmstrang. Not sure if there's anything else I can say so- feel free to ask. Anyway, from now on I'll be your teacher for Astronomy. I'd like to know the names and house by one by one, please, so I may get an idea of who's who." 'And to not butcher the pronunciations, I suppose,' he thought, as he ran down the list of students, trying his best to remember them.

- - -

"Now that we're done with the introductions, I'll start by my simple reminders: Be patient when I'm teaching, I'll give you time to ask questions, none of that bullying behavior in my class because trust me- I won't turn a blind eye on that." He narrowed his eyes, briefly so as he looked at the crowd, then his expression was back to neutral, "... Also I encourage collaborative effort when doing classroom activities. Especially tonight, as we're going to learn about the position of the planets in the solar system, in which each of them has a unique trait, though navigating one is difficult to figure out. And that's okay because you folks are new, and I'll be willing to help out. But once you know the positions enough to map a system chart on it, we will then move on to learn each planet one by one. That said, get your telescopes and identify which planet is which given the blackboard here. As I said," Wolfgang said, smiling with calm reassurance, "Helping each other out is encouraged because as a researcher- you learn a lot from doing things together."

Quote:
                                                        Guidelines:

Mercury - Greyish
                                                        Venus - Bronze
                                                        Mars - Red
                                                        Jupiter - Beige and White
                                                        Saturn - Sandy Tan, with a thick ring around it
                                                        Uranus - Cyan
                                                        Neptune - Deep Blue

โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ

๐‘พ๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‰๐’‚๐’๐’…๐’” ๐’๐’‡ ๐’‚ ๐’”๐’Š๐’๐’๐’†๐’“, ๐’๐’‰, ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’Ž๐’๐’–๐’•๐’‰ ๐’๐’‡ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’“๐’Š๐’—๐’†๐’“
                                                        ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’‚๐’๐’Œ๐’‚๐’๐’Š๐’๐’†: ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’‚๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’Œ๐’†๐’†๐’‘๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’•๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’”๐’Š๐’„๐’”
                                                        ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’ƒ๐’๐’‚๐’“๐’…, ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’”๐’†๐’๐’‡-๐’…๐’†๐’”๐’•๐’“๐’–๐’„๐’•๐’Š๐’—๐’†, ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’”๐’†๐’๐’‡-๐’Š๐’Ž๐’‘๐’๐’“๐’•๐’‚๐’๐’•
                                                        ๐‘จ๐’๐’… ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’‚๐’๐’™๐’Š๐’๐’–๐’”, ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’”๐’†๐’๐’‡-๐’‚๐’”๐’”๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’…
                                                        ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’๐’†๐’“๐’—๐’๐’–๐’”, ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’‘๐’‚๐’„๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ, ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’‘๐’‚๐’„๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ

xxxoฯ…ั‚ oา“ cะฝฮฑrฮฑcั‚erxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ
                                                        wะฝeษด - Timeline โ†ซxx
                                                        wะฝere - place โ†ซxxxx
                                                        wฮนั‚ะฝ - who
                                                        โ†ซxxxxxx

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500