Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Astronomy II

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:17 pm
๐€๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐จ๐ฆ๐ฒ
Professor Wolfgang Deadman

User Image
Astronomy Classroom

"The spacious Astronomy classroom is located on the top-most level of the Astronomy Tower. Accessed via a steep spiral stairway, the classroom is surrounded by crenelated ramparts and iron security railings around the edge of the Tower, where students gaze the skies with their telescopes. Astronomical models and telescopes are propped against the ramparts when the classroom is not in use. There is also a blackboard where the professor will always write with a chalkboard charmed to glow in the dark and there are floating warm-lit lanterns for students to see their writing in the dark. A door leads into a turret and the steep spiral stairway inside leads below.

This class, for 4th Years to the end, will be taught by a Durmstrang Alum named Wolfgang Deadman. An astronomer from Germany, he always wanted to become a teacher but for personal reasons he cannot teach in Durmstrang. He was pretty quiet and hard-to-read, but once you get to know him better he was actually pretty nice outside of class. Still, Deadman isn't a lenient professor, though as long as you listen in class you'll be in his good side constantly.

Thusday. 11:00pm to 11:45pm.
(Updated on Sundays)

Rules of the Classroom
Arrive on time, ten minutes is the grace period.

Be patient while I'm lecturing, I will give you time to ask questions.

Spellwork isn't necessary for this class, so put your wands away.

Pass your papers on time. No extensions.

Any insensitive and derogatory remarks against anybody here will be sent to my office.

There will be no fighting in my class. I will not entertain or allow any form of violence.

Syllabus for Fourth Years
First Year
[ ] Names of Planets
[ ] Movements of Planets
[ ] Names of Stars (Including Sun)
[ ] Names of Constellations

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:25 pm
User Image

๐–๐จ๐ฅ๐Ÿ๐ ๐š๐ง๐ _๐ƒ๐ž๐š๐๐ฆ๐š๐งspaces
                                                        ( German Half-Vampire ๏ฟญ Durmstrang Alumnus ๏ฟญ Astronomer ) โ†ซxx

๐‘ฐ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’๐’• ๐’•๐’ ๐’๐’Š๐’—๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’๐’Š๐’‡๐’† ๐’๐’Š๐’Œ๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’•: ๐‘ณ๐’Š๐’—๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’๐’Š๐’‡๐’† ๐’๐’‡ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‡๐’‚๐’Š๐’•๐’‰๐’‡๐’–๐’ ๐’๐’๐’†
                                                        ๐‘พ๐’‚๐’๐’๐’‚ ๐’ƒ๐’๐’˜ ๐’•๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’๐’๐’“ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’š๐’ƒ๐’๐’…๐’š ๐’†๐’๐’”๐’† ๐’˜๐’‚๐’๐’• ๐’•๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’”๐’๐’Ž๐’†๐’๐’๐’†
                                                        ๐‘ฐ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’๐’• ๐’•๐’ ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’Œ๐’† ๐’”๐’๐’Ž๐’† ๐’๐’๐’—๐’†, ๐‘ฐ ๐’…๐’๐’'๐’• ๐’˜๐’‚๐’๐’• ๐’๐’ ๐’†๐’๐’†๐’Ž๐’Š๐’†๐’”
                                                        ๐‘ฐ๐’•'๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’„๐’–๐’“๐’”๐’† ๐’๐’‡ ๐’‚ ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’: ๐‘จ๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’๐’Š๐’—๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’๐’Š๐’‡๐’†, ๐’๐’Š๐’—๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’๐’Š๐’‡๐’†, ๐’๐’Š๐’—๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’‹๐’–๐’”๐’• ๐’•๐’ ๐’‘๐’๐’†๐’‚๐’”๐’†
                                                        ๐‘ถ๐’‰, ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’Ž๐’๐’–๐’•๐’‰ ๐’๐’‡ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’“๐’Š๐’—๐’†๐’“ ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’˜๐’“๐’‚๐’•๐’‰ ๐’๐’‡ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’ˆ๐’Š๐’—๐’†๐’“

โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ โ– โ˜ฏ โ™ซ โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ

As the students arrived, the first person they see was a tall man with his very dark hair tied in a ponytail, which a pallor that one would assume to be a little bit vampiric in the night time (Of course, Wolfgang would simply deny that). "Evening, students," said Wolfgang, his hands on his back as he straightened up to face the class, looking a bit straightlaced. "Due to the retirement of the former professor, I'll be teaching you from now on. My name is Wolfgang Deadman, I am an Astronomer and I graduated from Durmstrang. That said, please state your name, nickname if you have one, so that I can know who's who. This won't last long I promise."

---

"Last year I was told that you have studied about planets one by one after getting familiar with the planets, star positions, movements, and constellations. This means that we can then move on to explaining each planet one by one, starting with Mercury." Wolfgang tapped his wand at the globe-looking sculpture in the room, making it glow and created a 3D magical model of the Solar System. But this time, it's more focused on Mecury being "dangerously" near to the Sun. He would also dim the Sun's brightness to see more details about the planet, which would show its pale chrome color.

"Mercury is first and closest planet to the Sun, orbiting around it every 88 days which makes it faster than Earth's 365 and a quarter. While planets like Venus and our Earth have an atmosphere, Mercury does not due to it's weak gravity. Which brings a new question: what does atmosphere have something to do with gravity? Like how Earth has an atmosphere that has layers of gases? Does anyone have an answer?" Wolfgang looked over the class, feeling a bit curious despite his lack of facial expression. He did look, however, like he would give plus points to those who tried.

---

"Moving on the symbolic attributes, especially in alchemy and astrology, Mercury is the ruling planet of Gemini and Virgo. Meaning, that if this planet is in the midst of them, these two constellations will be very influential. In terms of alchemy, the fast-orbiting Mercury represents fluidity, transformation, communication and intellect-- much like the Romans' Messenger God Mercury, known for his speed, his role, and his cunning."

"Alchemical Mercury, at least in Alchemy studies, was one of the elements of balance that brings the creation of metallic strengths. Or to put it simply, unifying forces into a strong kind of balance."
                                                        He then fell silent as he allowed the students to take down notes. "Now, of course, speaking of astrology and alchemy... I could only provide the basics when it comes to how the planetary objects affect the fields of magic, though Professor Somerset may explain better in Divination class if you take one at third year."

โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ

๐‘พ๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‰๐’‚๐’๐’…๐’” ๐’๐’‡ ๐’‚ ๐’”๐’Š๐’๐’๐’†๐’“, ๐’๐’‰, ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’Ž๐’๐’–๐’•๐’‰ ๐’๐’‡ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’“๐’Š๐’—๐’†๐’“
                                                        ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’‚๐’๐’Œ๐’‚๐’๐’Š๐’๐’†: ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’‚๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’Œ๐’†๐’†๐’‘๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’•๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’”๐’Š๐’„๐’”
                                                        ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’ƒ๐’๐’‚๐’“๐’…, ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’”๐’†๐’๐’‡-๐’…๐’†๐’”๐’•๐’“๐’–๐’„๐’•๐’Š๐’—๐’†, ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’”๐’†๐’๐’‡-๐’Š๐’Ž๐’‘๐’๐’“๐’•๐’‚๐’๐’•
                                                        ๐‘จ๐’๐’… ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’‚๐’๐’™๐’Š๐’๐’–๐’”, ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’”๐’†๐’๐’‡-๐’‚๐’”๐’”๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’…
                                                        ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’๐’†๐’“๐’—๐’๐’–๐’”, ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’‘๐’‚๐’„๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ, ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’‘๐’‚๐’„๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ

xxxoฯ…ั‚ oา“ cะฝฮฑrฮฑcั‚erxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ
                                                        wะฝeษด - Timeline โ†ซxx
                                                        wะฝere - place โ†ซxxxx
                                                        wฮนั‚ะฝ - who
                                                        โ†ซxxxxxx

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:36 pm
User Image

Leave my door open just a crack. 'Cause I feel like such an insomniac
Why do I tire of counting sheep when I'm far too tired to fall asleep?
To ten million fireflies, I'm weird cause I hate goodbyes
I got misty eyes as they said farewell

Callie walked into the Astronomy Classroom, ever excited for her favorite lesson. She was, however, a bit surprised to see a new teacher at the helm. She sat up front, blue eyes sparkling in reflection of the dim lighting of the room. The professor greeted the class, then explained his presence at the school. He had a rather interesting name, but Callie didn't have time to ponder it as he continued to say he was from Durmstrang. The next question was to ask them to introduce themselves, plus a nickname if they had one. After a few other people piped up, the blonde took her turn. "My name is Calliope Southwark, though if you preferred, you could call me Callie." She hummed softly as the rest of the class continued, then it was time for the lesson to begin.

When the lecture did begin, Callie was a bit disappointed they were continuing on with the planets. She did know about them, sure, but she vastly preferred the stars and constellations. They'd start at Mercury, which only made logical sense. Professor Deadman tapped at a globe, showing a model of the solar system. Another tap and it zoomed in on the first planet, which unfortunately zoomed in on the sun as well. The second year whined softly, covering her eyes. Why was there sunlight here, at nighttime? Luckily, the professor dimmed the lights as well, earning a soft sigh from the blonde.

A question of atmosphere popped up, earning a small frown. She really needed to learn more about the non-star components of the galaxy. She looked through her book, finding a passage that may help, at least a bit. Adjusting her glasses, Callie timidly raised a hand. "It's gravity holding the atmospheric gasses against the planet, right? In this case Earth, who's atmosphere provides not only the layer of breathable gasses to keep everything alive, but also the upper layers, which allow for clouds, protection from the sun..." Her soft voice drifted off a bit at the mention of sunlight, a bit bitter that nothing helped enough to allow her free reign of the daytime. Oh well, she didn't have it as bad as her truly nocturnal counterparts. At least she could go outside... provided she was covered and wearing her dark sunglasses...

Luckily, it moved over to the symbolism of Mercury, which was something she felt at least a bit more confident in. Nimble fingers flipped through her textbook, as well as her Astronomy Journal (which had been made and gifted to her by her former father), pausing on appropriate pages. As Professor Deadman spoke, she took notes in her practiced cursive. He did discuss a few constellations, which she carefully drew in the notes. There was also talk of alchemical properties and divination processes, but those classes weren't allowed until third year... though she figured she'd most likely take both since they seemed fascinating.

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
                                                                  โœฏ Wสœแด‡ส€แด‡ แด€แด I? Astronomy Classroom
                                                                  โœฏ Wสœแด ษชs แดกษชแด›สœ แดแด‡? Prof. Deadman, other second years
                                                                  โœฏ Wสœแด€แด›'s ษขแดษชษดษข แดษด? Astronomy Class
                                                                  โœฏ Wสœแด€แด›'ส€แด‡ แดส แด›สœแดแดœษขสœแด›s? Maybe we'll discuss constellations next time...
                                                                  โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

Julian Galaksylph

But I'll know where several are if my dreams get real bizarre
'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar
I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

Second Year Classes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items