Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Speedira Windira

Mind-boggling Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:53 am
I just been forgetful about logging in and posting on both accounts.@.@  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:11 am
I pretty much only post in my spam thread lately, so don't worry too much about not posting.
Good to know you're still about, though~
I hope you're doing well!

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:59 pm
Queen Spazzy
I pretty much only post in my spam thread lately, so don't worry too much about not posting.

Better than me, I haven't even been logging in. Was doing deliveries for Home Depot for a while, had a commercial fridge that we had to take out of someone's house.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:31 pm
delasislas
Queen Spazzy

Better than me, I haven't even been logging in. Was doing deliveries for Home Depot for a while, had a commercial fridge that we had to take out of someone's house.

A... commercial fridge? Like, industrial commercial?
I can only ponder how they got it inside in the first place, which means getting it back out had to be... an adventure.
ANYway, glad to see you stop by~ I'd been wondering what you'd been up to, to be honest. ^^;

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:08 pm
Queen Spazzy
delasislas
Queen Spazzy

A... commercial fridge? Like, industrial commercial?
I can only ponder how they got it inside in the first place, which means getting it back out had to be... an adventure.
ANYway, glad to see you stop by~ I'd been wondering what you'd been up to, to be honest. ^^;

It was an older couple that had it before for whatever reason. When the new people moved in they took it out with five guys and a hand truck. Thing was heavy, and also too heavy. Glad I’m done with that. Now I’m living in a cottage with two other people for my senior thesis class at a outpost school thing from my university. Doing phytoplankton taxonomy and cell counts. Kinda fun, kinda sucks being stuck with the same people due to COVID. The other people in my group tend to put things off because they want to do other stuff. Been living on an island since the end of September.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:32 am
delasislas
It was an older couple that had it before for whatever reason. When the new people moved in they took it out with five guys and a hand truck. Thing was heavy, and also too heavy. Glad I’m done with that. Now I’m living in a cottage with two other people for my senior thesis class at a outpost school thing from my university. Doing phytoplankton taxonomy and cell counts. Kinda fun, kinda sucks being stuck with the same people due to COVID. The other people in my group tend to put things off because they want to do other stuff. Been living on an island since the end of September.

Oof, yeah, group work with people who don't have similar work ethics sucks. "Okay, we should reach these milestones by these dates!" and then everyone else blows it all off until the last minute, yuck.
I've been fine with all the COVID stuff (an excuse to turn down ALL social outings? I'm in!), but if I were stuck with people I didn't get on great with like my roommates from uni, I'd have probably gone bats, especially in a situation where I'd have to try to do group work with them and they didn't have similar thoughts on the... timing of the work.
And while I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject matter, it sounds like interesting work! Here's hoping the others you have to work with get their heads out of their butts at some point before serious crunch time.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:24 pm
Queen Spazzy
delasislas

Oof, yeah, group work with people who don't have similar work ethics sucks. "Okay, we should reach these milestones by these dates!" and then everyone else blows it all off until the last minute, yuck.
I've been fine with all the COVID stuff (an excuse to turn down ALL social outings? I'm in!), but if I were stuck with people I didn't get on great with like my roommates from uni, I'd have probably gone bats, especially in a situation where I'd have to try to do group work with them and they didn't have similar thoughts on the... timing of the work.
And while I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject matter, it sounds like interesting work! Here's hoping the others you have to work with get their heads out of their butts at some point before serious crunch time.

I just don’t really talk to my group out of not wanting to hear the stuff that comes out of a few people’s mouths. Just stupid stuff and very antagonistic comments.
I’m looking at different changes in the population in phytoplankton over the fall season because we took samples on a boat in two locations over 6 weeks. So I’m looking at the different changes between the stations and how they develop over time. So I’m looking at the samples and identifying the species and counting them. If you want to look at some images, Chaetoceros decipiens, Skeletonema costatum, and Ditylum brightwellii have been common.
Another one that had a big burst was Pseudo-nitzschia app. which is a diatom that has a silica based frustule (shell) (Actually every one that I listed is a diatom), it produces a chemical called domoic acid, not to be confused with demonic acid, which in humans causes Amnesiac Shellfish Poisoning, if bioaccumulated by a filter feeder like a shellfish.
Another example for a different type of phytoplankton, called a dinoflagellate, which has a cellulose based theca (again a shell, just different word). You can look up Karenia brevis, which causes the better known red-tide (which is a misnomer, some red-tides are good and many harmful species don’t cause discoloration). These have two flagella, which allow it to move around in the water column. This one however, produces brevetoxins which cause neurological shellfish poisoning (I don’t have much experience with this, it isn’t common where I am). You can look up Dinophysis for some other cool looking images.
I’m also looking at how well an automated sensor can describe a near shore environment. This took me an entire day to just sample, and I’m pretty confident in just leaving it at that, because it is a lot of work and the sensor was not catching anything that I was seeing in reasonable quantities.
Tomorrow I’m going to become a meteorologist and go through weather reports to try to see what was happening on the days surrounding to sample dates. It’s gonna be a lot of work. Luckily I’m only looking at about 6 days. So 3 days prior should be enough. I just don’t know how to interpret it all.
I wish I could put this much effort into my research paper, but this is all stuff I had prior knowledge on. Just remember, shellfish taste good, usually the govt shuts down harvest for good reasons, can’t hurt to check for the next report on toxins prior to consuming.
I wish I could go outside, I can, but no real reason to, food is cooked for us and no one to interact with. Been playing Animal Crossing New Horizons.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:00 pm
~flops~ x0x; bleh  

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:03 pm