Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info
What Panels to you look forward to at cons?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:14 pm
What panels or events do you go to at cons?

Why do you find them fun?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:15 pm
Their are many events that I like going to. I always check out the convention schedule to see if their is a new one to check out.

Events -
1. Con sponsored Photoshoots. I Love watching, taking photos at, and helping to run them.

2. Cosplay Shougi Chess. The first time that I saw this event I was blown away. I Love Chess and was very curious about the Japanese version. The fact that they used Cosplayers to represent the chess pieces was a nice touch.

3. Maid Cafe. Their have been a few Maid Cafes in Anime and experiencing them in person was like stepping into one of those cafes.

4. Cosplay Competition's, skits, and Masquerades. They are fun to go to and it gives me a chance to see cosplayers at their best and the best outfits. The skits are very imaginative, funny, and the role playing adds to the fun.

One of the funniest skits that I saw was a Sailor Moon based one where the scouts were at the time / dimension door which Pluto was guarding. Every time Sailor Moon went through the door she came back as someone else. The scouts kept sending her back until she was her old self.

5. Anime Video viewing - Going to them is a great way to watch series that I have never seen before. Some of the series that I have bought was from these kind of events. I get hooked and gotta see more. smile

6. Autograph Sessions - I don't know whether to call this a panel or a event. Going to them gives me a chance for an autograph and a chance to thank especially voice actors for bringing characters to life.

Panels depend on what ones are in the schedule. So I check it out first.

Panels-
1. Anime / Manga - I always like to go to ones that are about my favorite shows. Also I like to learn about ones that I have only heard about and curious about.

2. Guests - I have always liked learning more about the people that have worked hard on the different shows. Also I like hearing more about Cosplay from professional Cosplayers who come from around the world.

As time goes on I want to check out even more panels of different types. Perhaps that will happen virtually.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:41 pm
My favorite Events/Panels....

1. Cosplay Skits

2. Japanese Culture Panels

3. AMV's (At bigger cons though)

4. Photoshoots

5. Manga Cafe

6. Panels that give a new perspective on the anime I watch.  
Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games