[PRP] Bronzen Waves [A'gyn, Ka'ia, & Dragons]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:57 pm
“How you feeling today, buddy?” Since their bad run in with thread weeks ago, A’gyn couldn’t help if he was the slightest bit more fussy when it came to Kurath’s health. Giant holes in his wingsails was nothing to sneeze at, even if they’d healed over. Back to active duty, but he did like to fuss over his dragon. Squinting up at the massive bronze, a critical eye was met with a flat whirling eye. It was just swimming on a day off, nothing strenuous -- but A’gyn worried!

You worry too much, I’m fine. Kurath’s wings stretched out wide, the wingsails still spotted with lighter color of healing hide. Besides, if the healers cleared us, I’m perfectly fine. With a small swagger to his step, the large bronze swaggered into the water of the weyrlake. It lapped at his ankles as he waded deeper, until it rose halfway up his chest and his wings-- and he couldn’t quite help the contented sigh at the sun-warmed water.

“Sorry, sorry! Forgive me for caring.” But there’s a laugh in his tone, grinning as Kurath turned to look at him with a whirling green gaze. “I’m just glad you’re okay. Next time I’ll take the threadscore to my wings.”

The silence across their bond was painfully silent, and then, deadpan,

I dislike your jokes.

“But you love meeee.” Cackling in delight, A’gyn picked at his shirt in a moment of deciding whether to ditch it or not. But he shrugged, wading out til it was past his knees.

Zaikt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:32 pm
They weren't the only Bronzerider pair out for a bath today, it seemed--that wasn't especially unlikely, no, but Ka'ia was quite pleased to note it all the same. He was keeping his quiet surveying of his fellow rider quite firmly under wraps, merely taking a few glances in his direction every now again--he was certainly something to look at, in his opinion. There was no harm in doing a little window shopping, as far as he was concerned, and it was always nice to have a good bit of scenery while he was scrubbing away at his dragon's hide. At his side, however, Argamath merely snorted, shaking his head at his rider.

You're gawking.
I am not! Ka'ia's head whipped around, fixing Argamath with a look between pleading and offended. I'm just--trying to figure out if I know him or not.
Really. Argamath drawled, delicately rising to his feet so that Ka'ia would have an easier time getting the right angle with that sponge. He was a bit less subtle about splashing Ka'ia with a quick movement of his wing, though. Why not simply ask him, then?
Ka'ia didn't have the time nor space to dodge the spray of water, and simply took it without much verbal complaint--Argamath's soft laughter rang in his head, however, and he couldn't bring himself to be upset about it. They were here for a bath, anyway. He was going to get wet one way or another, wasn't he?
A very mature way of looking at it, Mine. Ka'ia huffed loudly, fixing Argamath with a mock glare before he got back to work. The Bronze, however, cast his own look over at A'gyn and Kurath, quietly contemplating even as Ka'ia busied himself so close by. It surely would behoove them to make more friends among their metallic compatriots, wouldn't it? They were almost ready to become full riders themselves, and Ka'ia could use a friend or two with the experience they lacked.

May I intrude for a moment, friend? Argamath began, careful to direct his question to Kurath alone for now. There was no hint of nerves or uncertainty in his mindvoice, merely a soft, quiet confidence instead. I noticed your injuries--which, I do hope are healing well, might I add. Would you happen to have any advice for a pair of weyrlings, by any chance? We're not far from our first blooding, ourselves.

Prism Shine

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:06 am
The call from a fellow dragon drew Kurath’s attention, and the unamused oranges drained quickly for a more passive, amicable blue. There’s only the tiniest bit of surprise to see a fellow bronze, one of the senior weyrlings at that. One of Zenobiath’s sons. But there’s a gentle thrum, giving a gentle nod.

Not intruding at all, my friend. My injuries are healing quite well, thank you. But, hm... There’s no shame in returning to the weyrbowl to have your injuries tended to mid-fall. Especially given the more prideful nature to some High Reaches bronzes -- and it was advice he himself had to keep in mind some falls. His own blooding had caused some large scars -- between A’gyn and himself. I sometimes struggle with it myself, but it is much better to be checked over and be seen to, lest you need caught by a queen. The or worse is left off, for there was always that possibility. But trust your instincts and your rider, and you’ll be fine.

Noticing Kurath’s playful ire and attention had drifted off, A’gyn peered curiously around until his gaze landed upon the fellow bronze pair. The bronze he recognized -- with his younger siblings in candidacy, he liked to go support them -- and there was no denying that Zenobiath’s first clutch had been a lovely bunch of dragons. And, it seemed, that he’d chosen a handsome rider at that.

“Hey there!” A’gyn called easily, walking a few paces closer -- but still giving the other pair a bit of distance. He didn’t want to intrude too much, especially not mid-bath. Pushing back a few errant strands of hair back in hopes that they would stick, he nods up at Argamath, his grin carefree. “He’s looking handsome. This is Kurath,” He thumbs back at the bronze in question, before giving a friendly wave. “I’m A’gyn.”

Though he had private bemusement at his rider’s sudden interest, Kurath lowered himself in the water some, folding his wings along his back. I’d be happy to answer any questions you might have, as well.

Zaikt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:17 pm
I'm glad to hear it. And truly, he was. Wishing harm on another was...distasteful, particularly when he'd come to them for help. You'd think such advice would be common sense, but I can see how it would be easy to get too caught up in fighting to admit defeat, even temporarily. Even the mere idea of fighting Thread tended to draw a strong reaction, after all, and while Argamath was confident that His wouldn't been foolish enough in the air to risk his own life, he knew they'd have to swallow their pride at some point. It was only natural, given the nature of what they were dealing with--better to limp back to the Weyr bloodied than to be carried back near-death, or worse. Thank you for your words, all the same. Mine has been a bit--nervous, really. I can't say I blame him, either. Argamath only gave the slightest pause when A'gyn finally noticed Ka'ia, who'd remained blissfully unaware of the other bronzerider's approach--he stifles a low chuckle, but his eyes whirl in amusement all the same. I've been trying to plan ahead where possible. Not strictly enough to limit us, but...enough to be a framework. There's something comforting about routine, so I've heard.

You seem distracted, love. Paying attention to someone else? Ka'ia smirked up at his Bronze, gently rinsing off a bit of his side--Argamath lifted his wing rather politely, giving a soft rumble of approval. At least, that's what Ka'ia thought it was until he heard a fresh new voice, and one that was out loud at that. He froze, swallowing as his face began to flush--one look over his shoulder confirmed that it was, in fact, That Bronzerider, coming right on over to say hello.
Youuuu. You b*****d.
Perhaps. But I'm still your favorite. Argamath gently swished his tail, curling it around him with a dainty sort of finesse. He seemed completely and utterly smug, beyond pleased with himself for his little maneuver. Don't be rude, Mine. Say hello!

Taking a deep breath to compose himself, Ka'ia turned to face A'gyn, switching as hard into Social Mode as he could manage on such short notice--there's a smooth smile on his face before the red hint is even gone from his cheeks, but he hardly looked as flustered as he felt.
"A pleasure to meet you, A'gyn! I'm Ka'ia." Shards, Ka'ia was surprised there wasn't any tremor in his voice. He deserved a bubbly pie or something for that later, he thought. "And thank you very much--Argamath here didn't need much help from me, honestly." The dragon in question lifted his chin just a touch, pleased at the compliment. Ka'ia knew he deserved such praise, but he couldn't help but be amazed by the audacity all the same. "I can only hope he grows up to be as impressive as your Kurath, though. He's a stunner, isn't he?"
Maybe he could salvage a bit of his dignity if he diverted the topic toward their dragons. It was a gambit he was willing to try, anyway.

Prism Shine

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash