Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Health & Fitness
When You Feel Like Your Health Fails You...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:19 pm
Which Bible verses are the best ones to cling to?

I suppose I think about Job and his whole ordeal when I think of illness, but there are plenty other verses that are good out there, I'm sure.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:38 am
I have a couple. ^_^

2 Corinthians 5:1 ESV
For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

James 5:14-15 ESV
Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

What was the "thorn in the flesh" to which Paul makes reference in 2 Corinthians 12:7-9?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:39 pm
Garland-Green
I have a couple. ^_^

2 Corinthians 5:1 ESV
For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

James 5:14-15 ESV
Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

What was the "thorn in the flesh" to which Paul makes reference in 2 Corinthians 12:7-9?

These are great! Thanks!

Some people were engaged at church in a conversation about the "thorn in the flesh" that Paul was talking about. Then my husband and I talked about it, too. It's one of those interesting studies! razz  
Health & Fitness

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games