Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
What's Your Favorite Animal That Defies Evolution?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:11 am
I like the bombardier beetle! Pretty interesting fellow 3nodding I also love giraffe's, too.

How about you?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:00 pm
Seahorses are pretty nifty and so are earthworms. heart  

Rysabi

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:27 pm
Rysabi
Seahorses are pretty nifty and so are earthworms. heart

Seahorses are amazing! I love how pretty and majestic they are heart

True! Earthworms sure are interesting - no lungs. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:39 am
Humans! We are physically so weak/poor in physical design next to all other creatures but we got so lucky & we really made it out if all the other homonids! With a little help from bits of male Neanderthal dna  

Mr OMG that TJs Shameless

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:43 pm
Humans! We are physically so weak/poor in physical design next to all other creatures but we got so lucky & we really made it out if all the other homonids! With a little help from bits of male Neanderthal dna

Hmm, I suppose "humans" is debatable. I don't feel there is any correlation between humans and animals - we are two separate beings, designed completely different from each other.

It's true that the human body and it's components are fragile yet together they are strong, and it makes it more amazing that God holds us together each day - getting through each day is practically a miracle.

Haven't I seen you on the forums? Are you new to the guild? If so, welcome to the guild! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:47 am
Aquatic_blue

Hmm, I suppose "humans" is debatable. I don't feel there is any correlation between humans and animals - we are two separate beings, designed completely different from each other.

It's true that the human body and it's components are fragile yet together they are strong, and it makes it more amazing that God holds us together each day - getting through each day is practically a miracle.

Haven't I seen you on the forums? Are you new to the guild? If so, welcome to the guild! 3nodding
oh I get what you mean and I agree that humans are totally unlike all other animals in how much we've accomplished!
But we are still animals classified as the last species to survive extinction in the genus "homo" in the hominidae family smile  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:45 pm
Aquatic_blue

oh I get what you mean and I agree that humans are totally unlike all other animals in how much we've accomplished!
But we are still animals classified as the last species to survive extinction in the genus "homo" in the hominidae family smile

God made humans "in His own image, (Genesis 1:27)" the animals weren't made the way we were. To classify humans into the hominidae family is to say that we are animals and/or evolved from animals (more specifically, the great apes). There is no relation between the two. Looking into the account in Genesis, God made humans differently and on a different day than the animals were made.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:17 pm
Aquatic_blue
Aquatic_blue

God made humans "in His own image, (Genesis 1:27)" the animals weren't made the way we were. To classify humans into the hominidae family is to say that we are animals and/or evolved from animals (more specifically, the great apes). There is no relation between the two. Looking into the account in Genesis, God made humans differently and on a different day than the animals were made.
oh no we factually did there's no intelligent argument against it razz
God created science and evolution and it has worked to create perfect beings as he intended  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:41 pm
Aquatic_blue
Aquatic_blue

oh no we factually did there's no intelligent argument against it razz
God created science and evolution and it has worked to create perfect beings as he intended

What are your sources?

I've heard the "God created science," but not sure how I feel about that statement because God did create a lot things that are building blocks of science like atoms, kinetic energy, etc., but it was man that created the studies of what God had created so I would think it is man that made the study of science. Either way, science itself isn't a bad thing - there are many useful studies and research within the field of science.

God would not create evolution (at least not the type of changes between kinds that I believe is being referred to here), it would be contradictory to do so as in Genesis it explains how He made His creation. After the animals and people, there is little reason to believe animals being complete and people being complete that they would evolve any more or that they evolved to get to that point.

Evolution takes time, which conflicts with what we are told in Genesis that God said and it was. This also conflicts with God's words of each producing after their own kind. The Bible conflicts heavily with the idea of evolution.  
The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games