Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Advice
Was I being too harsh? (lgbtq + polyamorous)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nepheshh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:39 pm
1st text

https://imgur.com/xjX88nv

2nd text

https://imgur.com/L2Rn5Ze

So I don't believe lgbtq or polyamorous relationships are okay to God so I just didn't wanna hear about her pursing it since she's already married but, even so with consideration from her husband that this is okay for her to pursue I didn't want her to get the idea that I feel that it's okay. As a Christian I just didn't feel okay with her telling me about her pursing it and if I don't feel it's okay I'm not going to want her to continue talking to me about it. I didn't want to be mean about it but I also wanted her to handle my response okay. Buttt... I don't think she did since she didn't reply  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:54 pm
I don't think you were too harsh. You were honest about not liking it along with how it is against God. You want her to respect your boundaries by not talking about those subjects with you. There is nothing wrong with setting up boundaries.

If she asks for more advice about it in the future I would reply with exact scripture to back up your points about why God doesn't like adultery and sexual immorality and how marriage is described in the Bible and then say that you will pray for her and to not discuss it with you anymore.  

Rysabi

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:08 pm
I don't think you were harsh at all.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:07 am
I wouldn't say that it was exactly harsh. I feel that you put it in the appropriate words to not be harsh. You were honest, mentioned you didn't feel comfortable about the topic, and apologized. That's okay.

Although, I can say that this may have been a good opportunity to witness to her about God (with the use of apologetics) on the matter?

It is a rough topic and polyamorous relationships are awkward...one thing leads to another and it becomes a mess. It's strange to me how spouses say these types of things are okay. "Sure! Yeah! Go cheat on me and have fun. I'll still love you." It's bizarre and foreign to me, but I do know it happens. My husband and I used to live in an area where those types of relationships were not uncommon among married couples (there were many 'swinger' groups and a few times we were asked to join, it's the weirdest thing ever).  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:21 pm
All I can see is love and respect in that text. They aren't harsh at all. But there is one thing that you have to keep in mind about the LGBTQ+ community.

That community isn't a lifestyle choice. They were created by God to be that way. We are created in God's imagine and so are they. You don't have to agree, but please understand that they are God's masterpiece as well. So I advise being really careful because that community can clap back extremely hard.

Now for the polyamorous side, I honestly don't know what the bible says about it. But I don't agree with it because it can cause some hardships and broken relationships (if you heard of the show Sister Wives, that's a perfect example about how toxic that kind of relationship can become). Some are fine and open about it and we have to respect it, even if we don't.

Again, in that text, it was full of love and support, a rare quality to see these days. I pray that you spread that love and support to build your part of God's Kingdom.  
Christian Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games