Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Favorite items that you bought at Conventions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:55 pm
Greetings Fellow Guild Members,

One of the things that I Love to do at conventions is to go to the Dealers / Artist Alley rooms. My brother and I would spend hours checking out all of the items for sale. Sometimes I had certain items that I wanted to look for to buy or find something that would catch my eye. Let us know what are some of the your favorite items that you have bought at conventions.

Here are some of mine:

1. A copy of one of the original Sailor Moon Art Books.
2. A copy of one of the Sailor Moon Super S "Laser Disks". Note a laser disk was a CD the size of a record album. The large size was needed for all of the info of the movie or episodes on it. In Japan Laser Disks were very popular and their was a lot of Anime ones. Laser disks came out just before DVD's.
3. Original Sailor Mars 10 inch Sailor R Season Doll. I was very happy to find the doll.
4. Dark Magician Girl Figure.
5. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles series Wall Scroll.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:21 pm
I personally try to find things that are functional so I normally get things like:
Shirts, keychains, glasses mircofiber cloths, lanyards, pieces for costumes/accessories, costumes (Kigus), food and fabrics/sewing accessories.

My favorite buys include:

1. Over 10+ yards of fabric which have made two costume pieces and will be making more.
2. Several shirts/tank tops so I can show my favorite animes to the world including one with FMA characters.
3. My red panda Kigurumi. My husband looks cute in it. I plan on getting him his own (I'm thinking a bear).
4. Decora beads and pieces. At my last anime con there was a group selling pieces for Decora costumes and I had a field day (still using items to make stuff).
5. Any food. Honesty I love the opportunities to try new food and conventions that are allowed to sell goodies helps a lot with showing me new treats.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:51 pm
angelmage99
I personally try to find things that are functional so I normally get things like:
Shirts, keychains, glasses mircofiber cloths, lanyards, pieces for costumes/accessories, costumes (Kigus), food and fabrics/sewing accessories.

My favorite buys include:

1. Over 10+ yards of fabric which have made two costume pieces and will be making more.
2. Several shirts/tank tops so I can show my favorite animes to the world including one with FMA characters.
3. My red panda Kigurumi. My husband looks cute in it. I plan on getting him his own (I'm thinking a bear).
4. Decora beads and pieces. At my last anime con there was a group selling pieces for Decora costumes and I had a field day (still using items to make stuff).
5. Any food. Honesty I love the opportunities to try new food and conventions that are allowed to sell goodies helps a lot with showing me new treats.

I wish that they sold specialty and anime related food at the cons that I go to. I have bought plushies and props that I have used at taking Cosplay Photos with. I love the looks that I get from some of the cosplayers who see that I have a prop to take a photo with. Mostly Sailor Moon related. I have bought some Con related T-Shirts that I proudly show off.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:12 am
I like getting things I can't possibly make myself.

1. A 2010 celebratory katana which was specially etched.
2. A sound sensor which I couldn't build myself which they were selling at a light up shirt stall.
3. Steampunk watches as I am a sucker for those designs.
4. Old gameboy games which are hard to find anymore.
5. Overwatch flashlight gun which doubles as a power bank and VR game. Love that thing.  

ChaosKnights

Convention Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff