Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Beach Crawl (Sorentia, Riamsoth & Thaideem, Zegurath)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:43 pm
Do you think that we will manage to get the food stores replenished with the fishing? Riamsoth asked as she walked down the beach the various Weyrfolk go about fishing.

“Probably not.” Sorentia admitted. She had come to the conclusion over the past few days. It seemed as if there were just more injuries and issues cropping up than fish being brought in. “It is going to take some time for all of us to learn what to do. Maybe in a few months we will be able to do it. But for now…it is causing a lot of injuries as far as I can tell.” They were looking about for edible critters on the beach that day.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:32 am
"I promise I'm not so weak as to not be able to carry it," Thaideem could only imagine the amount of sass she would have gotten from Zegurath if the green had been left to it.

Like Sorentia, Thaideem had decided to forage along the coastline that day and for her efforts she and Zegurath had hunted down a rather fat Sea Wherry which currently was slung over the woman's shoulder. But she recognized the goldrider making her way along the beach. It would have been stranger for her to not recognize her fellow Weyrling. "Going on a fish-hunt too?" Thaideem asked.

There were Sea Wherries farther up the way, Zegurath informed her sister with the same brusque tone she always had.

Faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:19 pm
Zegurath! How lovely to see you! Are they very nice sea wherries? Riamsoth was delighted to run into her sister. She considered the walk a success now even if they didn’t find the anything to feed the Weyr. It would be sad to not be able to provide for the Weyr but any time she saw Zegurath was a good day.

Sorentia waved happily at the greenrider pair. “You have quite the haul there! It will make some nice stew!” Stew was a good thing that made food go a long way, right? “We are trying to see if we can find some shellfish!” She gestured to the basket Riamsoth had with some clams in it and the shovel she was carrying.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:48 pm
Zegurath weighed the varieties of 'nice' a seawherry could be, scratching at the desire to be pendantic until Thaideem herded her from it. They were big. Mine will tell me later if they taste good, she finally settled with a small ruffle of her wings.

"We're hoping so! It's a nice change from fish at least!" Thaideem didn't dislike fish, but she was starting to miss the taste of something that wasn't mostly fish and tubers. "Hmm! If the wherries were any indication I bet the pickings aren't too bad. Hardly see that many together on the shore unless there's something to eat."

faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:09 am
Riamsoth bowed her head a little to look at Zegurath. Big is good. Ours can certainly use the change in food. Sorentia is getting rather tired of fish. At a thought she sent a message over to hers.

Sorentia was in the process of responding to Thaideem with a “Oh! That is great. I can go there and have Riamsoth shoo them away,” when she got the message. Hmm. “Or you could come with me and we could get some more wherries as well. Surely the dragons could carry some back for us.”

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:56 am
Thaideem eyed the wherry she had over her shoulder, pondering how many there were to still catch and how many the four of them together could even hope to take back. It was at least worth an attempt. "I'd think two is better than one, at least - more than that would be gravy on top of a fish-dinner."

Zegurath tried to not seem a little put out that they were going back when they'd just left, but with a little support to remind her that it was helpful they were doing so she settled her feelings well enough to turn about towards where they'd just come from. This way, then. Hopefully they haven't all left by now.

Faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 2:54 pm
Onward my good friend! We shall conquer this beach! Riamsoth practically sang to Zegurath before prancing ahead. If they were going to do this, she planned to have fun. And maybe grab a snack or two. That would be helping the Weyr out, right? A little less to feed her in the future.

Sorentia smiled at Riamsoth's antics and gestured for Thaideem to lead the way. "I would like something besides a fish-dinner." She said, shuddering. "I am so tired of fish." Maybe they could get enough wherries that there could be something besides fish and stew. Maybe it was possible? She could hope anyway. "What have you been doing in the time between fishing and lessons lately?" She felt shy about asking. Was that to invasive? Sorentia was just curious. Maybe she shouldn't have. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to." She blurted before Thaideem could get upset.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 4:13 pm
Zegurath lacked her sister's romping enthusiasm, trailing in step after her at an ambling pace. Conquer it? I wasn't aware it needed to be, she said stiffly, though her tone wasn't due to any annoyance. It was simply the cadence she had.

Thaideem had no problem with taking up the lead, though she pointedly walked so Sorentia could stay in-step with her. "I never thought I could get sick of fish," sure, each type of fish had their own flavor, but the texture was only so-so when had in such quantities. "Honestly, I try to keep this one busy," if Zegurath hadn't been out of reach to slap the haunch of, she would have. Instead, she just gestured to the green who at least pretended to look offended. "Left to her own devices too much and she'll be eavesdropping on everybody in the Weyr whether she means to or not."

Faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:13 pm
Riamsoth slowed down so that she could walk next to Zegurath. We shall conquer the beach for the day and rule from the sea! Riamsoth told Zegurath enthusiastically. Unless you don’t like swimming? The gold dragon had lost all sight of why they were on the beach to begin with and was turning it into a play date.

Sorentia fell into step with Thaideem, unconsciously matching strides. “We have creative cooks but even they are running out of things to do with fish.” She agreed. “What would she do with her eavesdropping?” Sorentia was curious. Most dragons didn’t seem interested in eavesdropping on others. Riamsoth certainly wasn’t interested in invading anyone’s privacy.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:07 pm
Zegurath gave her sister a critical squint. Why would we rule over... she gave a vague shake of her head, a mimic of a human's vague hand gesture, as she motioned to the wherry that Thaideem had. Perhaps I am simply not seeing the appeal of it?

Thaideem shrugged at Sorentia's question. "Know everything, I guess. It seems to be something she likes well enough," Zegurath definitely enjoyed being in the know and safe from surprises at least.

Faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:52 pm
We would rule because we can. Only for a short time though. Riamsoth assured Zegurath. We wouldn’t want to have to make beach decisions every day. That would be exhausting. She could hear the wherries now and picked up her pace a little. The appeal of what? Wherries or ruling? Ruling is just for fun. Don’t you ever want to claim somewhere as yours, if only for a short time? Wherries are tasty and can feed a lot of people. I hear that is important right now.

“Mindreading dragons that want to know everything. Sounds a little dangerous to those with secrets.” Sorentia could also hear the wherries now and grinned a little. “Not much farther now, is it?” She asked Thaideem. “How do you go about catching these?” Sorentia gestured to the one Thaideem was carrying. “Do we need surprise?” Eyeing the dragons, she wasn’t sure that was possible.

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff