[PRP] Moving Day (Manahahtath/Demodeth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:27 pm
It wasn't often that Demodeth allowed others to know whether or not he was in a good mood, but it seemed that moving day was an acceptable time to show joy, at least in the bronze's mind. He sat within sight of the barracks, but still far enough away to people-watch in peace, waiting for his rider to emerge with his trunk of belongings. Then they would finally be alone, or at least less likely to be interrupted while they were minding their own business.

Anyone who noticed him would receive a cordial nod, his merry blue eyes suggesting that he wouldn't mind a conversation for a change.

Samuel Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:42 pm
Manahahtath, too, had learned to keep some of his thoughts and feelings to himself, as His had explained that discussions of "worth" and "value" and "usefulness" were more likely to make others upset and sad than be taken as the frank honesty he intended.

But he rarely held back when it came to feelings of pleasure or satisfaction. Today called for both. Living away from his clutchmates would be new and different, but it was also definitely right. And right on time. So Manahahtath sat outside te barracks, waiting on His to emerge as well.

It was a warm, contented thought that drifted Demodeth's way. What do you think, Demodeth? Which is better, a weyr high above the rest so we can see everything, or one on the ground, so it is easier to come and go?

Smerdle

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:41 pm
I prefer the first, but I know there are those in our clutch who wish to wallow on the beach for more than its ease of access. His lofty new location had been just as much R'in's choice as his own, but for Demodeth their opinions were one and the same. I want to look out over the world and plan what I'm going to do when I'm allowed to see it for myself.

He turned to where his brother sat, a flicker of yellow flashing through his eyes. We must enjoy this time as best we can. Soon we will fight, and it is up to us to keep our siblings safe.

Samuel Carlin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:36 pm
Agreed, Manahahtath said, inclining his head slightly. He, too, had suggested -- no, insisted -- on a weyr above ground level, with a good vanatage over the weyr itself. Being able to get to the beach quickly was less important than seeing, and being seen.

Attention on Demonderth, he asked, Do you think that there are some more than others who will need our protection? Certainly there are someone who will not be as diligent or as dedicated as we must be, but are there some of them that worry you?

Smerdle

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:14 pm
I'm not worried that they won't try. He almost left it at that, even though he knew that wasn't what Manahahtath had asked. And I do not think any one of them in particular won't be diligent in their duties. But accidents happen to us all. That race around the lake when he'd nearly trampled Guarath and her rider came to mind. In fact, it never left.

I still believe the two of us are uniquely equipped to assist where others can't. And to notice that they need help in the first place.

Samuel Carlin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:59 pm
Despite the fact that Manahahtath was quite fond of all of his siblings, any other dragon might have gotten the slightest hint of disapproval if they'd included themselves in any grouping that put them at Manahahtath's level. Demodeth, however, he gave that leeway, simply accepting a more or less even scale between the brothers.

And of course they were capable. Exceedingly so. You're right. We are. It is our duty. The question, of course, is whether the others will listen. I hope they have learned to trust where we lead. We have been carefully taught, after all.

Manahahtath was still a moment, then he suggested, Perhaps we should find a way to test them.  

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items