Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
World 'perfectly suited for the Antichrist to come' amid COV

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:23 pm
By Leah MarieAnn Klett, Christian Post Reporter

Grace Community Church Pastor John MacArthur has warned that today’s world is “perfectly suited for the Antichrist to come” amid the chaos and “lawlessness” stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic.

MacArthur, whose Sun Valley, California-based church has repeatedly sparred with authorities over COVID-19 worship restrictions, said on Sunday that world governments “have done something that's never been done in human history” by making the pandemic issue and the response “global.”

Read more: link  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:07 am
Before anyone calls the vaccine "the mark of the Beast", remember, people in the past thought birthmarks were the "mark of the Beast". Heck, some people were crazy enough to think dark skin was the "mark of the Beast".

The mark of the Beast is more a mindset than any physical mark. It's simply making the final decision of rejecting Christ.  

D-BoyTheFighter

Blessed Lionheart

16,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Fusion Expert 300

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:34 am
D-BoyTheFighter
Before anyone calls the vaccine "the mark of the Beast", remember, people in the past thought birthmarks were the "mark of the Beast". Heck, some people were crazy enough to think dark skin was the "mark of the Beast".

The mark of the Beast is more a mindset than any physical mark. It's simply making the final decision of rejecting Christ.

Those definitely were missing the mark. Sorry for the pun. The same time the Bible describes it as a physical mark you have on your person. Something not easily removed. A change of mind, and spirit is what God is about. If that was it it would be no problem I would think in the future to also have a change of heart, if it "only" was a spiritual condition. However the mark seems to provent this.

Revelation 14:9-10
Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.

Revelation 13:16-17
And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

We also see that it is given by the beast, or at least on his order by his henchmen.

Marks elsewhere in the Bible also seems to be physical, and reflect the spiritual state of those who wear it.

Genesis 4:15
But the LORD said to him, "Not so; anyone who kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over." Then the LORD put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him.

Marks can be warnings as well, but they are physically recognized. This was at a time when people had stopped walking with God. Otherwise the situation would not have occured where this was necessary at all. A nd finally a physical mark also allows those who can't see with spiritual eyes to see with their physical eyes.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:53 am
All I am saying is the vaccine is NOT "the Mark of the Beast", and all this stuff is just making Christianity look crazy.

Also, Revelation was talking about the fall of Rome (which at the time was Satan's agent of persecution). If you want to talk about THE end of time, 2nd Peter is the book to look through.  

D-BoyTheFighter

Blessed Lionheart

16,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Fusion Expert 300

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:17 am
D-BoyTheFighter
All I am saying is the vaccine is NOT "the Mark of the Beast", and all this stuff is just making Christianity look crazy.

Also, Revelation was talking about the fall of Rome (which at the time was Satan's agent of persecution). If you want to talk about THE end of time, 2nd Peter is the book to look through.

I agree. It is over the top ridiculous.

(Edited)
That is not to say that I don't question the safety of a vaccine that is made at such speed as the one soon being released, and I do have a problem with the companies being immune to lawsuites due to unintended sideeffects.
It just doesn't ring right in my ears. (You can’t sue Pfizer or Moderna if you have severe Covid vaccine side)  
News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games