Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Anakumath's Touching] Come Forth to Contemplate Stars Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:57 pm
Candidate Nalacko - she/her

As she laid her hand against Lisa Frank Egg's shell, Nala suddenly felt a wave of panic wash over her. For a moment, she thought it was from Lisa Frank but it wasn't. No it came from one of the eggs she'd just walked between. Had she done something to set it off? Should she have gone around them instead?! She wasn't sure, but there were candidates around Sunshine, so maybe it wasn't her?

Her breath froze in her throat as the gold turned her attention to the group of eggs where she was standing. Oh no oh no oh no. But then........ nothing happened. Nala felt blue probably wasn't her best color and took in a hesitant breath. The motherly love from Anakumath to the candidates brought a smile to her face. She wasn't angry at them, thank the shell.

Relieved that they weren't about to be kicked off the Sands by an angry gold dragon, Nala turned her attention back to Lisa Frank Egg. What did this little baby have to say?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:58 pm
Miela - She/Her

Oh she'd learned, in fact Miela had learned very well from her mistakes and her pain but others had been telling her that it would make her stronger. While she didn't fully agree with them, this egg... she agreed with this egg. There were good moments, there were some fantastic times where her mother, her father, even her father's blue dragon... they'd shown her she was enough. Her penpal, her fire lizards that were currently off somewhere in the stands on on her cot sleeping, they'd shown her that she was enough. The young girl all but melted into Blue Moon's embrace as it enveloped her with all the strength that a majestic baby dragon could muster and she felt some of those worries about her worth and her aspirations dissipate.

But this was a baby, it wasn't the little egg with it's beautiful dragon inside's job to help her with these things when she'd just met it, but she heaped happiness and thankfulness to it as gently as she could. Miela appreciated this egg so much, it's kindness, how wonderful it was. "Thank you for being the first egg I've touched, even if not the first egg ever. You're the nicest egg I've ever met." Would it... would she get in trouble if... Gently she hugged it, warm but incredibly brief as she tried to hide the wetness that was starting to leak from her eye. She would see if she could work her way back over to it soon! "Have fun, I'll come back." she whispered quietly.

She did have to meet all the eggs after all even if she wanted to spend time with this little egg. With a smile she took her hand from it's shell and made certain to not let any sadness at having to leave it enter into her thoughts. Yes, she remembered how well eggs could catch thoughts and feelings even from a distance and wistfully wandered away from it and then detoured hard away from the strong emotions she could feel on the sands not far away. It was best to stay away from immense emotions of sadness and anger, so she drifted over to the edge and laid a gentle hand on the Corn Egg.

"Hello in there, it's so nice to meet you. Are you having fun today?" Miela offered

---

Suyua - She/Her

Oh! Suyua was startled just a bit with the realization that yes, she'd been rather rude in her introduction and greeting hadn't she? Shut the little egg out of things. "I'm so sorry, that wasn't my intent." She offered quietly and opened up so the egg could see it's fill.

There were a number of good things in there for it to see, her first time at the beach, dolphins, her family. Winter days and the bright stars in the sky, all the fun things she'd done with her siblings. If the egg dug deep enough it could see it all, if it wanted to, it could even see the rain Yes, she let the Happy Ghost Egg see her beloved joy for rain from it's feeling to it's sound as it came tinkling down. It would know some of those things if not all of them eventually even if it only had her thoughts to currently go on.

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:27 pm
No. 2 Pencil Egg
The egg would regard Remdianori with interest, though a bit of reproach all the same. So you decide to waltz over now, do you? Pray tell, what took you so long to notice this fine specimen of a dragon. More importantly, what do you plan to do to make up for such an oversight, hmm? The egg waited (and expected) an answer.
faesinger

Orange Slice Egg
The egg would greet Nuamia with the same sort of good-natured pleasure it had all the Candidates. Surely, you are as welcome as all of them! How kind of you to take a moment to say hello to it--though it knows it has some exemplary clutchmates as well.
faesinger

No. 2 Pencil Egg
Wait.

Did the boy ignore its command? And Versha too!?

What was this about some pay-you-later scheme! What was this paltry excuse about needing shoes--it could walk on Sand without shoes, so why couldn't Versha? As for Lojze it didn't WANT the shiny things later. It wanted his knots, and her shoes, and it wanted them right now. The audacity! The arrogance! EXCUSE YOU BOTH! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!? To ignore me -- ME! -- within this shell! GIVE ME YOUR KNOTS! GIVE ME YOUR SHOE! GIVE ME! GIVE ME! GIVE ME!

The egg's ire would practically explode out from it, and the Candidates would find themselves overcome with righteous anger and, perhaps, a very peculiar, but potent, desire for one another's Candidates knots and shoes.

GIVE. THEM. TO. ME. NOW.

Lojze and Versah, though... Those would feel nothing but ire as the Pencil egg quivered in rage. Promises clearly weren't enough. It would NOT forget, nor forgive, this slight!
Tatterpixie

SilverLutz

Candidates, especially those around No. 2 Pencil Egg, are going to feel sudden anger, and a want for others knots and shoes. Aggressively so.

90s Picture Day Egg
The little egg would try very hard to focus on Beelim, but unfortunately, things started to unravel, and very quickly and this little egg was well aware of what was going on. Between Sunshine's panic and distress, Star Egg's distress, and now No. 2 Pencil's wrath, it was absolutely overwhelming for the little egg.

Oh!

Oh no! Don't be upset! Siblings mine, please... The egg wanted to rush over to each one, wriggling in its shell as it became quite undone. They shouldn't be fighting, not here! Even though Mother and Father had tried to soothe the eggs, the little 90s Picture egg hardly knew what to feel. So instead, it simply shook, feeling quite distressed on all their behalf--but trying very hard not to let them know.

Please! Please go to them. They need it so much more than I... if it couldn't roll over to them, perhaps the Candidates could?
demon_pachabel

Orange Slice Egg
Zelaya would get warmth and welcome for the Orange Slice. Ah, how good of you to say hello! There would be approval all for Zelaya, even as things began to unravel around them. Look how good you are. Excited to meet all the eggs? Don't mind my clutchmates, they're being... perhaps a bit dramatic this day.

And if Orange Slice seemed to stare hard at Star, well, that was Orange Slice's business. If it thought that maybe Star had no right to pout after Mother gave her final word, could it be helped?

Ah, but the egg would turn back to Zelaya. Don't you fret none. You can stay next to this egg--the GOOD egg--and away from all that noise. Certainly, Orange Slice wouldn't mind at all.
ShinosBee

Orange Slice Egg
Ara might have been quiet, but Orange Slice had all the room in the world for her. Is that so now? Well, I shall hope it's an auspicious sign then--perhaps they were meant to meet, don't you agree? How good of you to come and spend time with each egg.

And don't worry about all THAT that's going on. The egg would wriggle closer to Ara. Mother and Father have it all in hand, as it should be--and if some eggs are throwing fits, well...They can't all be in pleasant moods. At least until the kerfluffle dies down, perhaps Ara might linger?
princess_feylin

90s Picture Day Egg
Unfortunately, Kedah's queries would be completely overwhelmed by the FEELINGS the egg was having. It was quite distressed for its clutchmates--some sulking, others demanding things, and others more anxious as can be. Surely, it matters not... But please, please go give comfort to those other eggs? Please let them know they're loved and wanted and still very good! This egg will be all right... Even if it must be alone. It would much rather its cluchmates be loved, comforted, and cared for. Please. The sincerity and anguish and longing was quite sincere... and quite potent.
Mr Cheri

Orange Slice Egg
The egg would send Jemi a surge of support and warmth. There, there--nothing to worry about here. Why not take a spell and sit with Orange Slice while its siblings work out their feelings? There's nothing wrong with this egg, thank you--it is exemplary in all things eggs, and Jemi being good and doing good things, too! What a fine Candidate! Don't you fret at all--you're here with the eggs, in the Weyr, and are more than safe with Orange Slice.
Shaddaling

Orange Slice Egg
Ah, it doesn't mean to pull her in many directions. Alas, feelings run strong among baby dragons and eggs--but surely, the young Candidate must know this. And don't worry at all! Orange Slice can handle all the burdens Surel might lay down. It can be hard to be far from family, or so the egg would imagine, but Surel is also doing her duty--for herself, her family, and Pern. If everyone stayed in one place, there would be no heroes to save the day. Besides, with a dragon, Surel won't go long without seeing them... Dragons do make excellent transportation, after all! It was clear the egg was trying to cheer her up and distract from all the distress.
SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:58 pm
Lisa Frank Egg

Well, that served its interfering sibling right. The egg was fully prepared to be smug about its victory when its own sire turned around and praised Star! What?! Why was he praising an egg that had no respect for other egg's desires or boundaries? Who did he think he was?

Tch. Well, the Lisa Frank Egg was bigger than all of those things. Better than all of those things. And if it sent a hint of rebuke to Elzebuth, well, surely that was what he deserved. Tsk!

Moving right along, the egg coolly examined Juhvek's offerings... and was nearly offended by what he had to say. Was that all? Do you think I will be so easily fooled by you? You wouldn't remain here even if I asked it of you. Empty words from a soon-to-be-ex-Candidate. Or was Juhvek? There was no telling what its siblings might think of him. Well... I don't accept your offering. Although you might as well stop touching eggs with me, for anything else would surely be a disappointment, I am not a cruel creature.

It was. It was a cruel creature, sometimes... but it was above all of that, surely.

Tsunake
demon_pachabel

Excuse me, what is it that you think you are doing? the Lisa Frank asked Nalacko, who couldn't seem to keep her attention on it for two spare minutes! Why, the egg had barely had the chance to register her question before her thoughts with frittering off in another direction! It was the height of rudeness. If she intended to be so churlish, then she needn't touch it any longer. Away with you, if you please!

magnadearel

Frankly, the egg didn't care if Mother had decided to go have a cuddle fest with another egg. An egg that didn't want to be cuddled. But it didn't care for the way it was being treated. Bah humbug!

demon_pachabel

Now this was more like it. Slightly mollified by Nisadee's near obeisance, the Lisa Frank egg examined the girl. What it wished, right at this very moment, was to be rolled away from the dramatic Sunshine egg so that others would give it its proper due. Hmph! But no one was up to the challenge. How dare they offering it such paltry praise, and give it so little? The egg was truly feeling offended, but again, it was above. all. that.

Meepfur

Blue Moon Egg

Well... this wasn't exactly what the egg had had in mind for today. Why was everyone fussing about its siblings when the perfect partner lay before them? Were they blind? At least Kahbrohm knew what was what. Soothed by the balm of Kahbrohm's ego and mutual admiration, the egg sat contentedly enough. It thought this was a perfectly lovely time... but it would be even better if other Candidates came to pay it attention.

demon_pachabel

Ah yes. It was not surprising at all that another Candidate had noticed Blue Moon's utter brilliance and beauty. It was a high quality egg, wasn't it? Preening under the attention, it did a little roll, leaning a little against the hands of the Candidates touching it. Yes, do that. Admire it more. I am the best of the bunch, it told Miomellai in no uncertain terms. The best, the most perfect, the-

Wait, where was Miela going?! Why was Miela leaving it alone?

With a distinct air of sulk, the egg seemed to settle down into itself and just... simmer. Who said those other eggs needed to be touched? Surely Miomellai understood that they didn't?

Tsunake

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:05 pm
Star Egg

Star fell, mentally, into its father's embrace, like a child clinging to its parent's legs and burying their face against them for solace. It understood why Father abided by Mother's decision and it wouldn't try to convince him to go against it; after all, it must also abide, regardless of what it had hoped for.

It leaned into Avocado's support as well, taking heart that someone saw and understood, and between its sibling and sire, it began to feel a little better. Until...

It felt the pointed stare of its neighbor. How dare! How dare! Did Orange Slice think it did not love Mother? Was Star not, in fact, abiding by her wishes even though it was hurt by them? And yet its sibling dared to cast aspersions! Father! Did he see this? He understood, didn't he? It had only been trying to help, and do right, and now terrible things were being implied about it!

...Mother!

You...you know Star loves you....don't you?

It...it had only wanted what it had thought was best.

Did that...

..make it....

...bad?

Tsunake

Hattaki

Uta

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:13 pm
Vannek - still Avocadoing

He held still for longer than was probably normal once the Avocado Egg spoke, feeling something akin to shame but not wanting to admit it. He really had underestimated what was awaiting him on the sands, hadn't he? Maybe he should have considered that it would be hard to lie to creatures who could see into your mind.

You are all equally wonderful. I didn't mean to imply that your sibling was any better, I just... I don't know what I—

Speaking of that neighboring egg, Vannek's hands tensed on Avocado's shell as the Number 2 Pencil Egg made its sudden demands. Knots and shoes and knots and shoes and what on Pern was happening? He had the strangest compulsion to give his boots to the yellow egg, and they were very nice boots. He wiggled his feet a little, sinking them farther into the sands. No. It couldn't have them.

Smerdle

Scamp

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:14 pm
Candidate Nalacko - she/her

Well if it had seen enough, so had she. She quietly removed her hand, more than ready to move onto the next egg.

But she didn't go far. Nala came around a free edge of Sunshine Egg to place her hand on its shell. Everything alright? She'd been worried by the panic from the egg she'd felt even though she hadn't been touching it. I know your parents are better than me, but I wanted to check up on you too. I'm here if you need an ear or a shoulder.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:31 pm
Remdianori He/him - Western

Remdianori was feeling quite amused by the Number 2 Pencil Egg’s greeting. It was such an interesting… the sudden ire and avarice he was feeling was startling. Was this the egg projecting? He looked at the candidates leaving the egg curiously and with an eye to see if he could grab their knots. What? But the egg seemed to want candidate knots and shoes. He wasn’t sure he wasn’t sure he could leave anything without getting in trouble. But the egg wanted… oh what was the worst that could happen? Remdianori began toeing off his shoes.

Nuamia She/her - Western

Oh how delightful! Nuamia beamed at the Orange Slice Egg. “You are exemplary as well.” As the egg wasn’t looking for her to hang around, Nuamia gave a little pat and began to move. She was becoming aware of the growing emotions on the sands and worried that the Touching would be over soon. She wanted to get one more egg touched at least. She moved to the Happy Ghost Egg and placed her hand on it. “Hello!”  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:08 pm
Lojze -- HR, he/him

Before he could commune with the Rainbow Egg, Lojze felt a wave of rage aimed at him, and a very strong demanding sensation in his mind. His knots? Oh no. Straightening and removing his hand from the Rainbow Egg's shell, he turned to look at the Number 2 Pencil Egg, which was trembling with anger in its nest on the Sands. "Really? My Candidate knots? They're really important, I can't give you those, I'm sorry." Or my shoes for that matter. My feet aren't like yours, mine would burn on the Sands without shoes!

He resisted the urge to go over and give the egg his knots. He'd be in so much trouble if he gave away his knots! What would F'dral say, having a High Reaches Candidate walking around without his knots? It -- it just wasn't done! Lojze's own righteous indignation merged with that of the egg and amplified to the point that he was trembling with emotion.

A small voice in the back of his mind reminded him that he had to behave, he couldn't lose his temper, he'd get banned from Touchings and Hatchings and be sent home in disgrace. That brought some sense to his thinking. And he knew what he had to do.

Stalking over to the Number 2 Pencil egg, he removed the knots from his shoulder and dropped them on the ground next to the yellow shell. "There. I hope you're satisfied now and will calm down." He could make more knots -- all in all, it was a relatively small sacrifice to make to keep the peace amongst the clutch.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:18 pm
Heida -- HR, she/her

What a delightful little egg! Heida allowed herself to be pulled in by the joy and excitement emanating from the being within. "Yes, you are a very good egg!" she smiled at it, the sweet happy little face on the shell making her happy as well. She could feel the buffering around her, protecting her and the others around it from the strong emotions coming from the Sunshine Egg. If this was any indication of what the dragonet inside was going to be like when it hatched, Heida couldn't wait!

She sent back her own feelings of love and warmth and welcome, kneeling next to it and keeping her hand in contact with the shell. It was an interesting feeling, one she'd never really felt from a Touching before: the little egg cushioning her and the others from the emotional flareup. Heida had attended enough Touchings and Hatchings to know that baby dragons had strong feelings that they weren't in control of yet. That certainly seemed to be the case here. The Black Cat Egg was a very good egg -- and dragonet -- indeed.  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:49 am
Itzlel He/Him

Itzlel felt this bubbling of panic coming up from the sunshine egg, the feeling of being upset palatable to the young man. He had made sure that he kept his emotions in, hadn't he and kept the pain from the baby within this egg? That was when he felt the baby latch on to the part about his mother and he froze in shock that the baby had picked up on the fact he missed his mother. He wanted to deny it, tell the baby he was fine, but then he felt what seemed like a protective hug. It made a small tear escape from his left eye, hearing as the baby called over its mother. Oh no, had he done something wrong..would the golden queen be upset at him? He would have been a bit worried before, but the baby's panic seemed to be adding to his own.

Any worry of if Anakumath was upset was put to rest, when he felt a wash of love descend on him. He took in a breath as he felt it, looking over as the queen came over to where they were. He felt the top of the gold's nose on his head, it was an incredible feeling, before she was comforting her egg. He allowed himself to calm down, as best as he could, as motherly love from the gold came to them. Though he was sure Anakumath had the comforting covered, he felt he needed to try as well. It reminded him of when his siblings would get upset and he would have to comfort them, even when he knew his parents had done so. After all, it was because of him the egg had gotten upset. He had taken his hand off the egg for a moment, but now placed it back on sunshine egg.

I am sorry to have upset you, little one. I will be okay and I thank you for caring about me. Know that you are certainly not alone, you have your mother and siblings who love you. And your rider, when you bond, they will be there for you too,he assured. It was true, he missed his family so much, but the baby needed to know he was going to be okay and so were they.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:05 am
Ara - she/her | Western

Although she stood nearly as far away from the No. 2 Pencil Egg as it was possible to stand and still touch an egg, Ara was still subject to surge of anger she knew was not her own. It was fortunate, then, that she was beside an egg as warm and embracing as the Orange Slice Egg, where she elected to linger a bit until her own, more balanced emotions could reassert themselves. She knew it would definitely be no good to approach an egg with borrowed anger still boiling in her breast. She wasn't aware of it, but she had automatically drawn in on herself, hunching her shoulders, tucking her elbows into her ribs, ducking her head, lowering her gaze, all in an effort not to draw anyone's ire. Old habits die hard, after all.

"Auspicious," Ara repeated very softly, blushing when she realized she didn't know what the word meant. It wasn't one that ever came up in the course of her life as a drudge, and she couldn't recall hearing it as a candidate either. The way the Orange Slice Egg used it, it sounded like it was a good thing. "I hope so."

Privately, or at least as privately as one could think a thing when surrounded by telepaths, Ara also hoped that none of her fellow candidates would do anything which might further upset any of the more excitable eggs. Not causing upset and remaining beneath notice were things at which Ara exceled, though they did not seem to her like particularly desirable traits for people who would eventually be saving the people of Pern from Thread. Again her mother's voice reminded her that she had no business being in a Weyr, and that she was only embarrassing herself and the family by getting ideas above her station.

"Sorry!" she exclaimed suddenly, realizing that the Orange Slice Egg had probably been subjected to all of that, possibly even her mother. "It's hard to be pleasant all the time, but this is a special occasion, and I ought to make more of an effort."

She smiled and it was almost genuine, and patted the Orange Slice Egg's shell, somewhat amazed at her own audacity: patting a dragon's eggshell as if it was a herdbeast! But she was allowed to do that. She was a candidate.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:29 am
Red and White Toadstool Egg

Oh, dear. Suddenly, things were going just terribly! Sunshine was panicked, Star was having a crisis, Lisa Frank was irritated with Star and so was Orange Slice, 90s Picture Day was worried about them all and in great distress over it, and Pencil was trying to make the Candidates give it their things! Toadstool didn't even understand why its siblings would be trying to force the Candidates to give it things that were so important to them, but...it wasn't its place to question, so it would not.

It did reach out with gentle mental boops for Sunshine and Star - and for Avocado, Mother, and Father for trying to help - and then sent a wash of love to 90s Picture Day for caring so much and so hard that it seemed in pain over it. Its sibling was so dear, and darling, and good, and Toadstool tried to assure it that all would be well in time. It did not want to see its sibling hurt.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel

Hattaki

Uta

There was a hand upon it once more, and Toadstool gave Jihiro a polite but cursory look - it was, after all, very distracted. But Jihiro seemed like a nice boy, good and true if a bit hard on himself, and it wished him well.

Tsunake

Rhylune seemed...hmm. It had thoughts about some of the things it saw, but would keep them to itself. For now, it gently nudged her onward while it focused on other matters.

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:36 am
Funfetti Egg

Funfetti egg wiggled with continued enthusiasm, despite being surrounded by outbursts, and sent another wave of good cheer to Relku to fight off the doldrums that could have been had from all the tantrums being thrown. Not that it thought less of any of its siblings for them! If he wanted to stay with it still, Funfetti was happy to have him! In fact, let it tell you about this time....

Meepfur

Happy Ghost Egg

There were a lot of things in Suyua's mind that Happy Ghost had yet to see for fairly obvious reasons, and they were quietly content to rifle through them all even as egg after egg seemed to have their own personalized meltdowns around it. Happy Ghost put up their own protection around the girl in the meantime, seeming to not really have any strong opinions on the ongoing outbursts just yet.

Hattaki

Happy Ghost Egg

The protection that Happy Ghost had swept around Suyua was thrown around Nuamia when her hand touched its shell. In spite of this, their mental touch was subdued. Hello to you. Had Nuamia been saving it for last or had they just been conveniently nearby to get a touch in on in case mother decided they were all done? There wasn't a wrong answer.

faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:41 am
Jemaselle-she/her- high reaches

She paused and took a moment to settle down a bit more into the sand and the calm relaxing feel of Orange slice. Just.. Just a moment couldn't hurt anything. 'Thanks, and your great to.' She thought, just going to relax here with the great egg Orange slice while the last bit of shakes disappeared from her skin.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff