Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Mother's Love (Kesucianth + Anakumath)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:17 am
While she'd been able to get a gentle boop in passing with her sweet son the evening before, Anakumath had - in a move that was far unusual for the gold who did not like stirring early - made the effort to wake up the next morning before the Weyrlings would be set to their early tasks of cleaning and feeding dragons to see if perhaps there were a few minutes of time that could be spent with Kesucianth before the rest of his time was simply spoken for.

His had, and to her notice as he'd been all but prepared to wait patiently at her side, been a desperate impression made on the cusp of something awful and her hearts admittedly ached with worry for him. But she would not come to offer him fear and concern. Mother came with love and support and she would happily pour it all out upon him.

Good morning, sweet one. Are you still sleeping? she asked, even as she settled as unobtrusively near the barracks as she could. If his beloved rider came in tow, then she would also pour her love upon the girl.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:40 pm
Exhausted as he and His had been, their sleep had been fitful. Elibrie had taken quite some time to fall asleep, and had woken more than once during the night. Kesucianth had been there every time, of course, cuddling close so that they might soothe each other, the blue a comforting weight draped gently over her just so. It was no surprise to either of them that when they woke quite early in the morning, before most of the others, that was the end of it. They were awake, and they might as well be awake, though Kesucianth could feel that some part of Elibrie dreaded it, dreaded the prospect of fighting through whatever the day brought. It would be easier to stay here, in the Barracks, and ignore the world.

But they both knew that that was in no way possible. Bolstered by his gentle love and encouragement, she eventually slid quietly out of bed to dress for the day. His support was constant, and it was only when his mother reached out to him that his attention wavered for even a moment. We have been awake awhile now, Mother. Mine will get her coat.

For could she not use a mother's love as much as he? Though she had long since tried to bury the hurt of losing hers, she had never truly been rid of it. The love of her sister had carried her through, but now that she was parted from her again (though not so unreachable as when Oranie had married), he knew that it hurt afresh. And he was doing his best - they both were - but there was so much hurt that at times he feared his own love might not be enough. At the very least, more love would not hurt.

The pair soon emerged, Elibrie suitably bundled in the coat that she was huddled in, and made their way to Anakumath at the girl's slow pace. Though in a better state she had been the night before, she still moved as though in a fog, still soul-tired and half a ghost for it. Kesucianth raised up to nuzzle at his beloved mother and cuddle close. Come, Mine. We will be safe with Mother.

It bordered on prohibitively presumptuous by the young blue's standards to invite His to also tuck herself beneath his golden mother's wing, but he knew that it was true, and that his mother wouldn't mind...and that there were no siblings about who might call him to task for such a breach of etiquette.

x demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:31 am
Anakumath was more than graciously accepting of Elibrie's company, leaning out to touch her nose to the girl's head and then her son's as both made their approach, absolutely basking the pair in affection. She'd had a tough time, after all, and the gold was not unfamiliar with what impression that was masked with agony could make. The loss of Eshkarath still stung at her heart, somewhere buried in all of the love that had yet to heal such losses. She did not wish to repeat the experience.

She offered the place beneath her wing willingly, content to tuck her head beneath it to hum softly at them both.

You are so sweet to be filled with so many tears and feelings, darling, Anakumath sent soothing thoughts to both Kesucianth and His, knowing it better to not be specific when it came to her pain and her little blue's willful attempts to patch and bridge it. While it does not make you stronger to cry, it is having the feelings that bring them that does. Caring takes such bravery.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:09 pm
It was quite different to hear that have feelings was a sign of anything like bravery or strength; while she had not been raised as some might to think of them as weakness, they were...inappropriate. Selfish. They were, of course, something terribly females were terribly prone to (in the opinions of her family), but that made them something to be stifled and repressed, so that they would not interfere with what she'd been told a young woman should be. Which was to say, whatever was best and most convenient for whatever man was responsible for her.

"Thank you," was Elibrie's soft response to the great Queen as her little blue guided her to sit with him beneath her wing, awash in comforting warmth and affection. He saw to it that she was settled comfortably against that perfect golden hide, then draped himself over her

You do us a great honor, dear Mother. Kesucianth was well aware that he was but a lowly blue, and that his mother had a great many other things that she could be doing, whether tending to her duties or giving her attention to those who naturally deserved it more than he, though he did not think this in any sort of self-deprecating way. It was merely the order of things, as well as a testament to how gracious and magnanimous his mother was.

He knew how deeply tired His was - he could feel it in his own hearts and bones - and so he assured her that she need not feel obliged to speak more than she felt up to. He would speak for the both of them. I am sorry if we worried you. I could feel how badly Mine was hurting, and I was afraid she would be lost to me if I did not hurry. His hearts had very much been in the right place, but it was apparent to him now that he had been too impulsive to let that fear rule him, to all but throw himself at her feet at the very height of her trauma and ask her to choose. He was lucky it hadn't been the end of him right then and there. But we are already learning how best to manage all these feelings together, and I know that we will be well in time.

He would not even think to try to keep any of it from Anakumath; even beyond his words, he kept his feelings and his mind open to her, so that she would know the truth of it all.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:27 pm
Her honor in that moment was being able to act as she should as his mother - to support her dear little one and His in their time of need. Certainly, they would only continue to thrive now that what would surely be the worst of it was over. Or at least, with the help of some mindhealing, they would grow to truly thrive. She wanted nothing more.

You rushed to her in her time of need and have done well to hold both of you up, dear Kesucianth - I am very proud of your efforts. Both of you. she praised warmly, happy to tuck her wing in to keep the worst of a winter's morning chill from mostly Elibrie. Anakumath was a dragon, after all, and had been made to withstand worse chills than a cold morning. Even if she was not particularly fond of mornings.

And while I know you would never without invitation, I give you permission to ask for my time whenever you feel you may need it, my love. While I may not always be able to come running, I will always make time for you. because surely, he would never be too big for his mother.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:41 pm
Kesucianth swelled with happiness to be so loved, so supported - and yes, so praised. His mother did him one kindness and honor after another, so good and wonderful was she, and he adored her so. And though Elibrie was quiet, still ever-so-tired, and it was easier to let her bonded do the speaking for both of them in this instance, she too was affected by such love. She felt safe, and soothed, and warm inside and out, between Anakumath and her son. So much so that it was difficult for the very tired girl to keep her eyes open...but she did her best, as it would be terribly rude not to.

We are trying very hard, the little blue said, nuzzling gently at His and evoking a soft little peep from the firelizard in residence inside her hood. They were funny little creatures, but Elibrie was very fond of them, and he did not mind. I know it is hard to tell, because it is all inside and no one can see it, but it is already much better. There was still deep hurt, and uncertainty, as those things could not simply be willed away, but they no longer so threatened to wholly overwhelm the pair...and sleep, fitful from dificult dreams though it might have been, had also helped a bit. They only need more time, more work, and yes, more sleep.

Thank you, Mother, he replied solemnly, and though he was not in a position where a boop or nuzzle was feasible - because despite her efforts, His indeed had dozed off after all, and he did not wish to disturb her - he offered the mental equivalent. I know that there are many demands on your time, and that many of my siblings wish to be with you also. And there were no few that he would make room for, if not sacrifice his own time with Anakumath for, in a heartbeat, because they took precedence over him.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:51 am
Anakumath made no gesture to rouse the dozing young woman, humming at the sight of it. How restless she must have been in the days since the hatching. How fortunate, then, that I have time for each and all of you, oh how her little Kesucianth reminded her of her own woes and anxieties in imposing upon Fianth's time when she'd been loving mother to not one, but two clutches of baby dragon at the same time. How much better she now understood how limitless and giving such love could be. An infinite wellspring.

It comforts me to know that you and Yours are in good, capable hands - Dhremorath and His are very capable. Or if it would be less intimidating, Eriath and Hers, while only assistants, can also be leaned on. perhaps the green and her rider would at least allow the pair to be a touch more frank, if needed.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:50 am
You are the finest mother that any of us could have asked for. He meant every word, without exaggeration - he adored her beyond measure, and in his eyes Anakumath was nothing less than perfect.

They have been very kind, in their way. They had quickly identified that there were concerns, and been quick to address matters, though he knew His did struggle with needing such help. It had given rise to feelings of shame he'd done his best to soothe away, before they could mix too thoroughly with all the rest. It is difficult for Mine to share her feelings, especially with men, and even moreso when they are above her in rank. Even those who were technically equal, she still tended to set slightly over herself simply by virtue of the fact that they were male. It is something we will have to work on, we know, but in the meantime, the Mindhealer is a little easier.

Still not easy, but less difficult.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:54 pm
And you are all my dearest treasures, Anakumath thrummed in turn - as both her first clutch and all of those children who would follow in future Turns would truly and forever be so.

It did ease some concern to know the Weyrlingmaster had been quick to step in. She had known Z'von before his promotion and while he had drawn no concern about him, the now-retired V'mel was much more familiar. Perhaps his age would have made Elibrie clam up even more, if what Kesucianth was telling her now. I'm glad to hear that there is help she is accepting readily and that it is also doing her good.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:12 pm
Kesucianth was most content - certainly as close to it as he had been yet. His was here, safe and comfortable, and his mother! He had his mother all to himself for awhile, and though he would never be so selfish as to presume he should...well, it was nice. It was a moment for the little blue to cherish, to be sure, as it was unlikely there would be very many like it. It was simply not in his nature to ask for or expect such things, even if he did have permission. That would be saved for very special circumstances only.

We have help, and we have each other. Time will take care of much of the rest, I think. This is all just very new...and last night is still fresh.
She worries for her friend, and I cannot blame her.
The young man's fate was still uncertain, but Kesucianth hoped with all his hearts that he would pull through. He could scarcely bear to even think about the alternative.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:03 am
Anakumath gently nuzzled the top of her son's head as he shared his rider's woes with her. Of course she does, while she would never deride Hybreoth for his actions - he had been an unimpressed hatchling and she was certainly not privy to whatever it was that had driven him to it - she did have her sympathies for the whole affair. The Weyr will see he is cared for properly no matter what. While it is simple to have faith and think positively for her friend, it is not an easy thing to do.

Simple and easy were not synonymous in all things, after all.

I'll have myMartirae check in on him later to see how he is doing and then I'll let you know what she finds. It wasn't a suggestion, but rather a definite statement.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:43 am
Kesucianth let out a deep sigh when nuzzled again, releasing more of the tension he had been carrying. It was good to be with his mother, and to share his worries with someone he knew they could trust absolutely, and who would not judge. He had been holding His up since the Hatching, gladly so, and though she was already becoming steadier, it was all quite a lot for a baby blue to shoulder. Oh, if only he had gone to her sooner...but what was done was done, and he'd had no way of knowing what would happen.

She knows that in her heart, but I think it will be difficult for her to shake what she saw from her mind. Maybe, if when he improves they will allow her to visit, that might dislodge the sight of him so. But how long would that be? Days? Sevendays? From what very little he knew, there was no telling. Not only when he would awake, but the state he might ultimately be in. Who knew how things might unfold? And, of course, he had no idea what discussions were being had about how - let alone where - to treat the young man.

If she could do that, we would be most grateful. The not knowing has been very difficult. A part of him wanted to protest, naturally, about imposing so, but he knew from his mother's tone that it would be no other way.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:08 pm
The last we saw of someone can leave lingering impressions, Did her own rider not live with a lingering paranoia of illness that was painted in colors of a mother who had wasted away? Of course it made no logical sense and Martirae knew it, but it lingered anyways. Perhaps that a dragon mourned instinctively, rather than emotionally, at most times was a boon.

But she considered the act of sending Martirae to see after the young man done, even as her rider was still barely setting about her own morning routine. She will see to him before the end of your breakfasts and I will of course let you know by then.

It wouldn't be the most amazing of updates, however, but hopefully knowledge of stability would do the trick.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:21 am
I wish that I could take it from her, he confessed, That she need not remember it at all. I wish...I wish I had spared her from it in the first place. I didn't know what would happen, but still... A part of him felt responsible, regardless, for having dithered about. It had seemed the proper thing to do, at the time, to wait for his higher-ranking siblings to have their turn about the Sands together, but if he'd just gotten on with things, so much would have been different for both of them. There would still have been sadness and worry, no doubt, but not such trauma.

Thank you, Mother. I truly appreciate it. He was confident, of course, that the young man was receiving the best care the Weyr could offer, but could only hope that that would prove to be enough.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas