[PRP] posturing [ haveli/i'sk + clutchmates

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:48 pm
Their first group lessons hadn't gone as abysmally as Haveli expected despite the fact that her dragon spent most of it grumping inwardly (and outwardly) as anyone approached the pair. This was going to be the hardest hurdle to overcome, she supposed, because any dragon who couldn't be social probably wouldn't do well in a wing which was all about being social.

In a wing the focus will be on Thread, not on conversations and relationships. I can handle that. The pair had chosen to stay a bit after and review, as Haveli had sworn the very night after Impression that she and Sathanaseth would not stop until they reached the top. It didn't matter that this was only their first lesson and therefore didn't even need review, it only mattered that the goal had been set and she was not going to back down.

Haveli shook her head to his words. "No, it requires both. If you don't have the trust and support of your wingmates, and they yours - you're flying solo. I refuse to let Thread cost me any more than it already has." The bite had Sathanaseth shrink back for a moment, though he returned to where he had been at her side and moved to rest his head upon her lap. Thread had indeed taken so much for Haveli, but it would not take him - that he vowed.

But that was enough brooding, the whole focus of the lesson had been introductions (or something like that) and now they needed to review. "Which of your clutchmates do you like?" There was a snort on her lap, and Haveli couldn't help but snort as well. It had been such a loaded question. "Okay, which of them do you think you might be able to tolerate for at least a tick of a candlemark?"

None of them. Came the reply, and she rubbed an eyeridge as she laughed. I mean, I'll try but I promise you nothing. That was all she could ask for, and Haveli looked around to see if anyone else had decided to linger behind. Sathanaseth hoped they hadn't, but still. He couldn't be a one-dragon wing no matter how amazing he was and if Haveli was going to at least temper down this rejection of everything and everyone they needed to start now.

Baby steps.

Prism Shine
if anything needs changed pls let me know!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:19 am
Oh, come now, Sathanaseth. Not even me~? From his lounging position beside his rider, Kuyizeth’s eyes sparkled with mischief -- but also curiosity, gazing across the empy room at his brother and His.

Yet beside him, Is’k stopped mid-sentence of his review. Since his impression, he was determined to catch up with his fellow weyrlings. He’d impressed from the stands, and his blip of knowledge was a drop of oil in a bucket compared to his classmates who had been candidates. So staying late after lessons, free time not spent on caring for Kuyizeth had been spent in heavy review to make certain everything sunk into his brainmeat. Glancing at his elbow, he caught Kuyizeth’s eye. “... Tell me you weren’t eavesdropping.”

Is it eavesdropping when we’re the only four in here? The brown huffed, his tail flicking a small pebble, sending it skittering across the floor. Plus, I’m bored. Sathanaseth could at least be fun while you’re reading.

Is’k could point out that he was reading and reviewing to keep them safe, so that pretty hide of Kuyizeth’s that he was proud of would take less damage. But he can’t help the exasperated smile he shoots to his fellow weyrling -- shaffit, he knows it, he does. “Sorry about him. I was up in the stands, so this --” He makes a gesture first to Kuyizeth, then to the classroom at large. “is all pretty new to me.”

I’ll take it as a compliment that you gestured to all of me. He takes a proud sniff, leaning into the scritches he receives for it.

“I’m Is’k, and this is Kuyizeth.”

houllow
I'm so sorry for the late reply!

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items