Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
[FIN] [PRP] Oh gods, not you again. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dream WhiteWitz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Rosamin was not your typical Harpy, she was not in lack of a better terms, bitchy or moody like her adoptive mom, Saira. Boy was she in a mood consistently. There was never a day that she could get a smile out of the woman or get something else to crack, though she attempted many times as a child only to basically get her kicked like a ball over the fence. Still, she came back happily enough.

"Mama! Mama!" she chirped, long since now an adult, but she still persisted in being around Saira. It was the only home she knew with 'Speckles' and 'Mossy'. They were her cousins, after all! And Auntie Hatil as well! Life was never boring, that is for sure! She could forgive Saira for forgetting to feed her on the occasion, in which she just go to Auntie Hatil for some yum-yums!

"Mama?! MAMA! Where are you? Are you playing hide and seek again?" the young female harpy called out, peering around the various objects that were around. "She is so good at this game!"

Daisicle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:12 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Oh for ******** sake that girl was back again.

By this point, Saira couldn't even fully remember how long it had been since little Rosamin had quite literally followed her home in one chaotic day. No, she hadn't hatched from one of her own eggs - she still hadn't even laid any eggs at this point of her life for one - and had just been left in the woods alone. Babies always came from the woods. Always. Contrary to Hatil's belief, it was the woods that spawned the damned things and made her life less comfortable. Anyways, Saira had done the right sort of thing that would have made her own mother proud. She begrudgingly had cleaned and fed her and even offered her a name that was 100% cuter than what her idiot sister had come up for their kids (don't worry, she 'renamed' those two as well). That was all fine and dandy, right?

Right?

Well, the thing was, little Rosamin here wasn't getting the picture that it was time for her to leave the proverbial next. To get on with her life.

To. Go. Away.

To be fair, neither were Hatil's now-fully-grown things. Ugh. UGH. Why couldn't she just get some peace and quiet for once. If this wasn't very decidedly -her- territory, she'd have up and left by now. But leaving would be a concession of defeat to her younger sister, and she couldn't possibly do that. Never. Absolutely not.

So it was with a heavy sigh that she responded, albeit without enthusiasm or any movement from her perch on the upper branches of a tree near the smoking hut, "It's Saira. SAH. EE. RAH. Not Mama. I'm not your mama. What do you want?"

Dream WhiteWitz

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Dream WhiteWitz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:05 am
"Oh Mama, you so silly!" Rosamin chirped as she looked over at the opposite female. "I found something fun!" she tacked on, dredging a small basket with her, which was wiggling. She proceeded to test the sturdy branch and happily walked at least half-way over so she can show her mama what she had caught earlier!

"I think you will like these!" the very young female harpy had excitedly said, opening up the lid. She pulled a rather fat looking fish out of it, squealing. "I caught it! Look! CATCH!" she said, throwing the wriggling flying fish at Saira; the fat silver-looking fish was frantically flapping in the air directly at the older harpy.

Daisicle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:35 pm
"Not mama. Saira."

The Saira in question didn't attempt to portray enthusiasm as Rosamin came to proudly show her something-or-other. What would it be this time? Yes, she got it, the young adult had grown fairly proficient at hunting. Big whoop. Of course she would be with Saira as her mentor in the subject. It wasn't a surprise so much as an expectation for one she'd raised (albeit begrudgingly and sporadically). She seemed to have picked up on Valko's annoying habit of walking more than flying though, what with how she moved on the branch rather than simply flying to the desired perch area.

Or maybe she was still not skilled enough for that? Could be anything, really.

She was decidedly NOT expecting a fish given that the nearest body of water was a decent ways away. With a swish of her legs, the harpy caught the very much still alive animal with her talons piercing through its flesh. While it was alive not, it wouldn't be much longer. "These...? You have more than one? Where did you even get them?"

Dream WhiteWitz

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Dream WhiteWitz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:15 pm
"I was looking for berries, mama. I found some nearby, but it had very little. So I just wandered off. I was gone for the longest time, Mama. You didn't notice?" Rosamin asked, cocking her head curiously at Saira. "Oh, you must been doing something important! Anyway! I found a river! And I saw these shiny things in the water. I thought 'boy mama would love these!'," the young female chirped excitedly.

"Mama must not move. She must be tired! Here I bring up! I even got something more!" the young harpy said, moving to flap her powerful wings to gain momentum, catching the air underneath her wings as she flew past Saira before landing with the heavy basket. "I found lots more! I thought Mama would like these!"

Daisicle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:36 pm
Ahhh... yeah, it had been a while since she'd left, hadn't it? Saira clearly hadn't been keeping track of the time. She didn't really care what a fully-grown woman did in her free time anyways. Must have wandered pretty far off to find a river though... Which direction even was that?! North, by the ravine?

"Yup, was definitely doing something very, very important," namely some R&R while Hatil and her posse was out. That said, even Saira felt a bit bad for Rosamin at times with how she seemed incapable of understanding subtext. Or direct text. Or very blatant text. Or literally the words 'I'm not your mama,' and still pined after her after all this time. It made her feel like she was taking advantage of her at times, for a bit anyways. The guilt usually faded quickly as well though. "Oi, oi, oi! Not up here - you're gonna break the branch!" she waved her talon and wings to try and get the other adult with a very full bucket from landing for too long and sending them both falling. Rosamin getting hurt would be a massive pain to deal with. "Yeah, yeah, I like them. Go get a fire started or something - we can eat them... the sooner the better." Especially since the one in her claws was very nearly dead.

Dream WhiteWitz

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Dream WhiteWitz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:45 pm
"Huh?" Rosamin asked, looking curious as she proceeded to land on the branch. At first the branch went all creaky, then it started to bend. "Oh, that is not good. What we do?! Mama, stop that, you're making me laugh, you look so funny doing that!" the female said, trying to mimic Saira and dropped the bucket of freshly caught fish.

The young harpy just laughed gaily before she looked down. "MY FISHIES!" she gasped, then took off when the tree branch started groaning heavily."FISHIES! Are you ok?!"

Daisicle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:24 pm
"I'm not being funny just GET OFF before you break the branch!" Saira was using her stern mother voice as she tried to get Rosamin to leave before it was all too late. Suffice to say, she didn't seem to be getting the message. She was preparing to just get off the branch herself before Ros dropped her catch and, moments later, realized she had done so and jumped off to go retrieve it.

Oh good Guardians...

Sighing, Saira simply crossed her legs and looked down at the nonsense below. "Look, they're probably dead. So you should either prepare a fire to cook them with or just eat them like that." Speaking of, the fish in her talons was most certainly dead at this point.

Dream WhiteWitz

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Dream WhiteWitz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:03 pm
Rosamin took off on a swooping dive to catch her basket, hopefully before it hit the ground and all the delicious fishies would go scattered. Though, that very hope was dashed as the basket bottom broke, releasing water onto the ground; as a result, what fish were flopping inside the basket furiously, while the others were on the ground gasping, watching as a dark shadow descended upon them.

"Got'cha!" she trilled, picking up the fish that were on the ground into the basket before lifting the said basket. She then realized the basket itself was broken. "Auntie will be mad! This is hers!" she wailed. "Mama? Basket is broke. I needs to fix this before Auntie sees it," the young harpy tacked on, looking at the fish flopping around. "Help me with the fishies?" Please?"

Daisicle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:13 pm
Saira tossed the fish to join its dying bretheren below before she rolled her shoulders and, quite reluctantly I might add, flapped her wings to glide own below. "Hatil isn't going to get mad over a bucket - have you ever seen that idiot actually irate?" Yeah, never happened. Upset maybe, but not angry. This was a pain /sigh. To calm down the increasingly freaked-out Rosamin, Saira gave her a solid flick to the forhead. "You can just go get a new one from the pae over in Breeheart. You could probably even give this one back so they could repair it. Maybe smoke a few of these fish or a rabbit to trade. I figure that's probably fair? Either way, that means we. need. a. fire. to cook them, right? Right."

Yes, this was, in fact, a teaching moment. Or as much as Saira ever had one.

Dream WhiteWitz

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Dream WhiteWitz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:49 pm
Rosamin went cross-eyed for the moment when her adoptive mother, Saira had flicked her forehead. The young female harpy shook her head to shake the confusion out, or at least the best she could at the moment. She then looked to Saira. "Auntie is not idiot. She's nice, you're just plain mean, mama," she huffed, her feathers puffing up in defense, shaking the feelings off.

"Ok. A fire! Think you can set fire? I get the fish prepped," she chirped. "HERE FISHIES!" she screeched, chasing the slowly flopping fishes, attempting to stuff her arms of the fat fishes she caught earlier. "WHOOP! Sorry, fishie. You be a yummy meal!" the harpy squeaked. "GOT THEM!"

Daisicle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:41 pm
Saira quite dramatically rolled her eyes at Rosamin's defense of Hatil - if she thought so fondly of that dumbass, why didn't she just treat her as mom instead. Ugh. Massive pain. "Yes, yes. I'm mean. And I'm Saira, not mama." Her tone was monotone as she placed a hand on her hip. "Yes I can set a fire, but so can you..." she trailed off as the not-so-little-anymore idiot in her own right headed off to re-collect her catch.

"Oh for the love of..."

Sighing again, she determined that trying to push it further was a waste of breath and flapped her wings once before folding them behind her and walking the short distance it took to get to the cooking hut. Once there, she set about starting a fire.

Dream WhiteWitz

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Dream WhiteWitz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:49 pm
Rosamin gleefully looked after Saira once she caught all the fishes that went missing from the basket; not that it wasn't hard in the first place. "Maybe Mama needs some food in her stomach, so she can stop being a b- word," she huffed, stomping with the heavy collection of fat fishes to the cooking hut. When she arrived, she entered, tucking her wings in so she doesn't damage them in the process.

"We poach them. or Cook them outright?" the young harpy asked, smiling. "Maybe Auntie and Mossy and Speckles will like some too?!

Daisicle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:21 pm
The fire was starting nicely - as expected of one as experienced as Saira - when her little not-actually-so-little-anymore daughter sauntered on in with a literal armful of slowly-dying fish. She glanced over for a moment then looked back to getting the wood into a nice charcoal state instead of just flaming. Made for more-even cooking.

"I don't particularly care what you do as long as you don't waste food..." Waste not, want not - one of the few rules of their little homestead.

It took a bit longer for the fire to get to a condition that satiated Saira, at which point she stood up and crossed her arms before looking at Rosamin and then motioning towards the fire with her chin. "It's all yours."

Dream WhiteWitz

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Dream WhiteWitz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:33 pm
Rosamin looked to Saira, almost a flash of disappointment came across her face. She just dumped the dying fish onto a nearby table and proceeded, with a trusty knife to cut off the fish heads. It was messy and oh so gut-wrenching, but the young female managed to do so without the need to run outside to empty her stomach. She thought that was a major highlight of her increasing tolerance of butchering fish.

It took her a bit, a while, to be honest to cut the head off each fish and slice them open to clean them out. The bone was still in, but they can pull it out as they eat! she mentally thought to herself as she dumped the cleaned sliced fish onto the grill plate that lingers over the cooking fire. The flame hissed as the water dripped of the fish before it started roasting them. The scent of fish started to fill the air.

"Smells good, mama," Rosamin said quietly, looking over at the other female adult harpy, looking hopeful in maybe getting a praise for her handling of the fish, but with time passing, she gave up on trying and just attempt to make her proud of her the best way she knew she could!

Daisicle

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces