There’s nothing sheepish about this insidious internet demon.
BONNIE KRISTIAN

AUGUST 26, 2020

He doesn’t know much about the QAnon conspiracy theory, President Trump told a reporter this month. But “I understand they like me very much, which I appreciate,” he added. “I have heard that it is gaining in popularity, and from what I hear, these are people … that love our country.”

The reporter asked a follow-up: “At the crux of this theory is this belief that you are secretly saving the world from this cult of ***** and cannibals. Does that sound like … ” She trailed off, apparently at a loss as to where to go from there. “Like something you are behind?”

“Well, I haven’t heard that,” Trump answered, “but is that supposed to be a bad thing?”

This isn’t the first time Trump has interacted with QAnon. He has shared posts from QAnon Twitter accounts, and he greeted the primary victory of a pro-QAnon House candidate with enthusiasm. However, this explicit endorsement of the theory’s believers, if not quite the theory itself, is new territory for Trump. It will bring QAnon further into the political mainstream and make this cultic movement a greater threat to the American church.

Read more: link