Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
What if What We Saw Yesterday at the Capitol Is Us?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:36 am
01/7/21
John Stonestreet

In the introduction to his book The Content Trap, author Bharat Anand asks readers to consider what caused The Yellowstone Fires of 1988, which lasted for months and destroyed over 1.3 million acres of the world’s oldest, and one of our nation’s most treasured, national parks. The traditional story places the blame on a worker who dropped a single, still-lit cigarette. Anand disagrees.

The cigarette certainly triggered this fire, but a million cigarettes are dropped every single day. That year (likely even that day), other cigarettes and, for that matter, lightning strikes, fell in Yellowstone. Why did this one spark so much damage? Anand’s point has to do with the pre-existing conditions, which made something that is benign in most other circumstances, a trigger for incredible destruction.

Read more: link  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:25 pm
I understand the message in the introduction you mentioned - but what connection are you trying to make between that and the capitol riots? I feel a little lost haha  

Sairanie

Fairy

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:54 am
Sairanie
I understand the message in the introduction you mentioned - but what connection are you trying to make between that and the capitol riots? I feel a little lost haha

I think that what the writer was saying was that little fires are made on both sides of the political spectrum and that it was random which one of those "matches" made the situation we saw. It could have been any of them that caused a big fire.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:20 pm
Garland-Green
Sairanie

I think that what the writer was saying was that little fires are made on both sides of the political spectrum and that it was random which one of those "matches" made the situation we saw. It could have been any of them that caused a big fire.

I can see what they're getting at then, but I also think that should be taken with a grain of salt because it's easy to use that as an excuse for what is really abhorrent behaviour, just because it 'could have been' either side.  

Sairanie

Fairy

News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces