Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Advice
When Your Christian Friend "Comes Out of the Closet" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:43 pm
OtakuKat
musasgal
That is not the point I'm trying to make. The point I am trying to make here is that this. The bible translations over the centuries has lost the it's meaning. It is evident that down the line, people changed a lot of things to suit their own agenda. Like I said, homosexual is a sin is by man because it was added in because of a homophobic person.

Do you have proof of this? I find it hard to believe since homosexuality has been taboo for centuries (especially during Biblical times). Also I must point out that being "homophobic" does NOT mean disagreeing with homosexuality. It is entirely possible to denounce homosexuality in a respectable, loving way (in fact we are expected to do so as God's followers).

Anyway this thread seems to be getting off topic. Perhaps we should continue this in a different thread?

Before I present the proof, which can be accessed by anyone by a simple google search, let me ask you this. And I want the answer from you and no one else. If Jesus told us to love God and Love Others when he was on earth, and the Bible states that homosexually is a sin (a.k.a God hates gays as it been told), then does that makes Jesus a hypocrite because aren't we suppose to love everyone, even if their sexuality is different from us? Think about it for a bit. Just to be clear, I'm asking this in a way for understanding and being on the same page, and this has been on my heart by God to challenge you. I am not calling Jesus a hypocrite, because again, there has been a lot of translations that changes, ands and subtracts meaning and verses.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:00 pm
OtakuKat
musasgal
That is not the point I'm trying to make. The point I am trying to make here is that this. The bible translations over the centuries has lost the it's meaning. It is evident that down the line, people changed a lot of things to suit their own agenda. Like I said, homosexual is a sin is by man because it was added in because of a homophobic person.

Do you have proof of this? I find it hard to believe since homosexuality has been taboo for centuries (especially during Biblical times). Also I must point out that being "homophobic" does NOT mean disagreeing with homosexuality. It is entirely possible to denounce homosexuality in a respectable, loving way (in fact we are expected to do so as God's followers).

Anyway this thread seems to be getting off topic. Perhaps we should continue this in a different thread?

And now for the proof:
proof 1
proof 2
And yes, both recent.  

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:33 pm
musasgal
Before I present the proof, which can be accessed by anyone by a simple google search, let me ask you this. And I want the answer from you and no one else. If Jesus told us to love God and Love Others when he was on earth, and the Bible states that homosexually is a sin (a.k.a God hates gays as it been told), then does that makes Jesus a hypocrite because aren't we suppose to love everyone, even if their sexuality is different from us? Think about it for a bit. Just to be clear, I'm asking this in a way for understanding and being on the same page, and this has been on my heart by God to challenge you. I am not calling Jesus a hypocrite, because again, there has been a lot of translations that changes, ands and subtracts meaning and verses.

Yes, we are to love everyone. However, we are not to love sin. God does not hate gay people, he hates the sin itself (choosing/giving into homosexuality). That's like asking if we are to love thieves, drug addicts, murderers, etc. We are commanded to love everyone, but not to love their sinful actions.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:29 pm
OtakuKat
musasgal

Yes, we are to love everyone. However, we are not to love sin. God does not hate gay people, he hates the sin itself (choosing/giving into homosexuality). That's like asking if we are to love thieves, drug addicts, murderers, etc. We are commanded to love everyone, but not to love their sinful actions.

And again God created them that way. It's not a lifestyle choice or falling into. It is how God wired them. Just like how God created Caleb and who he is. And he most likely created him to be gay. That is one thing, we as a church as a whole keep forgetting about and still is asleep because of it. There are people in that community that is gay. Heck, I follow a pastor on tiktok who is asexual and there are other pastors who have woken up and became allies.

And yes, it is like loving the criminals, the addicts (there is more than drugs that people can get addicted to). Like I said, it's not easy, but it's not hard to do. Especially when they are God's children. I know. I been there. And like I said. Caleb will need you if his parents rejected him.  

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:37 pm
musasgal

And again God created them that way. It's not a lifestyle choice or falling into. It is how God wired them. Just like how God created Caleb and who he is. And he most likely created him to be gay. That is one thing, we as a church as a whole keep forgetting about and still is asleep because of it. There are people in that community that is gay. Heck, I follow a pastor on tiktok who is asexual and there are other pastors who have woken up and became allies.

And yes, it is like loving the criminals, the addicts (there is more than drugs that people can get addicted to). Like I said, it's not easy, but it's not hard to do. Especially when they are God's children. I know. I been there. And like I said. Caleb will need you if his parents rejected him.

So we agree that loving gay people is like loving criminals, addicts, and others who do wrong. We are to love these people like anyone else. However, the thief is a thief for stealing. The drug addict is an addict for using/abusing drugs or something else in an unhealthy way. Does this mean we are to love theft and drug abuse too? Absolutely not. We are to help these people in a loving but truthful way. So it is with homosexuality.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:49 pm
OtakuKat
musasgal

So we agree that loving gay people is like loving criminals, addicts, and others who do wrong. We are to love these people like anyone else. However, the thief is a thief for stealing. The drug addict is an addict for using/abusing drugs or something else in an unhealthy way. Does this mean we are to love theft and drug abuse too? Absolutely not. We are to help these people in a loving but truthful way. So it is with homosexuality.

Again, homosexuality is not a sin! It never has been a sin. God is telling you that. Please, listen to him. He's saying that homosexuality is ok. Those children he created was meant to be this way. Don't fall for the old teachings. Don't fall for the hypocrisy. He accepts them for who they are, and we should do the same. This doesn't not mean for accepting the other sins, he got that down pat. Just understand that this is what God wants us to do in this day and age and not use his word, the Sword of Truth to deceive or to spread hate. But to share that he loves them just the way we are. That's why I put down the genesis references, the 3 out of 4 gospel references, the parable. He wants you to read, and reflect. That's all he is asking.

And I did mistake you for angel so sorry about that.  

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:43 am
musasgal
OtakuKat
musasgal

Again, homosexuality is not a sin! It never has been a sin. God is telling you that. Please, listen to him. He's saying that homosexuality is ok. Those children he created was meant to be this way. Don't fall for the old teachings. Don't fall for the hypocrisy. He accepts them for who they are, and we should do the same. This doesn't not mean for accepting the other sins, he got that down pat. Just understand that this is what God wants us to do in this day and age and not use his word, the Sword of Truth to deceive or to spread hate. But to share that he loves them just the way we are. That's why I put down the genesis references, the 3 out of 4 gospel references, the parable. He wants you to read, and reflect. That's all he is asking.

And I did mistake you for angel so sorry about that.

Could you find Scriptural support for homosexuality not being a sin? Do you have any specific verses? I am closing this thread now as it has digressed into something else than advice. It is more of a debate thread now. If you wish to continue discussing we can do this here: Homosexuality  
Christian Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff