Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
[FIN] What is going on?! (Rosamin & Saira, etc.)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dream WhiteWitz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The event at the V-Day celebration hosted by none other than Venus and her entourage had left Rosamin scratching her head as she headed home with her cousin, Mossy with packs of goodies to last them for a year or so until the next one. All she knows, she is definitely not going back. It was weird, confusing, and she had the distinct feeling she came out feeling a bit... used for a lack of a better word. Unbeknownst to her, a tiki cat was hitching a ride in her heavy satchel with her. It wasn't that long before that the eggs had arrived and there were 2 of them! On top of it, before the eggs, a rather rousing tiki cat named Maika'i made himself known to the Harpies with the spillage of the products they nabbed from the V-Day event.

Rosamin fluffed her wings in a majestic motion before tucking them neatly behind her when she landed on the branch with her own nest. It was oddly cleaned, thanks to Maika'i, whom seem to adopt a nanny with the eggs. She had grown fond of the tiki cat and had come to adore him, even scooping him up and nuzzling him when her feelings get a bit high.

"You sweet," the female trills, nuzzling the tiki cat once more before setting him down in her nest and proceeded to walk the thick branch. She hadn't seen Saira, her adoptive mother, in a long while. Not since she had arrived, and the eggs that popped up shortly after.

Daisicle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:12 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yes, the eggs were looking positively cleaned and warm and healthy today. He was serving as a helper to keep them warm while their mother was away in what had become quite a fulfilling state of affairs. Honestly, it was about the best situation he could have ever asked for. There were so many goddesses - so many harpies - here, and the one that served as their defacto matriarch and was apparently Rosie's mother looked touched by the great Thunderbird himself.

Maika'i didn't have to do any bothersome chores or deal with any annoying cherubs - the only work required of him was making sure these eggs were doing well and that none of the others harassed them. In return, he was given much affection and accommodations. They were simpler than those at Las Venus had been, but they were enough for one raised in the jungles.

He offered a resounding purr as Rosamin lifted him and praised him for another good job protecting her eggs before quite contentedly curling beside them for an afternoon nap.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Saira was perched at the top of a tree nearby glaring at the eggs that had followed her daughter and niece's trip for sundries. If history repeated itself, there was a likely chance that these wouldn't be the only pests to come this time. First came Valko, then two eggs from Hatil, then Rosamin wandered in. Now a tikicat had come, followed by eggs from Rosamin... the odds of some chick wandering here uninvited was great.

After all, chicks were borne from the forest. It'd happened twice, surely it could happen again.

It was too late to do anything about the new ones - she'd tried only to be thoroughly annoyed by the cat. What on earth did the strange noises coming from it's mouth mean?! It was frustrating and a little disgusting. She could get rid of the thing quite easily... but surely that would make Rosamin cry. She'd already grown attached to the thing. Gross. She'd have to put up with it for now, but at least it seemed more preoccupied with maintaining the status quo than anything for the moment.

And hell, if it helped keep what headaches were to hatch soon out of her feathers, she might welcome its appearance.

Dream WhiteWitz

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Dream WhiteWitz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:36 am
As of late, the eggs had been shaking a bit and that had worried Rosamin, whom was not exactly sure what was going on. But with Maika'i on the case, keeping them warm when she was out fetching food to either eat at that moment or to turn into potential jerky to be eaten later, her worries had lessened. "Mama! the female trilled, using her expansive wings to shoot upward to see if she was in her nest. MAMA!" she then yelled, flying on the current to bring her upward of the tree where she saw the blue feathers. "Mama! There you are! I bring jerky! They done! And fresh too! Soo good!" she chirped happily, dropping the slats of jerky onto Saira's nest. "Fish jerky!"

"Are you mad, mama?" she asked, looking downward at the nest way below where her eggs were being watched over by a contented Maika'i. "He so nice. I like him lots! Really like him!"

Daisicle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:34 pm
Ah, looked like she'd gone and been spotted - she must have let her guard down thinking that little Rosie would be out longer or too preoccupied with that cat... thing... to pay much attention to surroundings. It'd held true thus far and had made Saira complacent. Too complacent, apparently. If she'd been hunting, it'd be at this moment her prey would have been lost. It was something to keep in mind, if nothing else.

"It's Saira. Not mama. Sah·EE·rah." Thus their regular set of introductions concluded. A pout persisted on her features as she reached over to pick up and look over the jerky with a critical eye. After all, they were becoming increasingly dependent on selling these things to Breeheart to sustain the little comforts in their lives - had to make sure they were being done well. Fish jerky was still relatively uncommon for them to make given the annoyances involved with acquiring fresh fish, but that made it all the more lucrative a product. She may have never been schooled on trade or marketing, but she was a sharp enough bird to pick up the basics on her own - namely that they got more things in return from these rarer sorts of products.

She sniffed it before taking a bite and pausing, savoring the flavor, before offering a slight smile and a nod. "Much better than the last. Keep it up." Saira had to give the girl some credit - if nothing else, she was persistent.

Aaaaaaand she brought up the damn cat-thing.

Slight grimace returning to her featured, she looked down at Rosamin's nest with a wary look. "Mad, no. Irritated, quite." It was more the eggs she was annoyed at that the cat though. With another nibble of the jerky, she continued to join her daughter in looking downwards. "Just keep them out of my business and I'll leave them be."

Dream WhiteWitz

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Dream WhiteWitz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:27 pm
The flight back and from the nearest stream, after the birth of her eggs, gave her some time to herself with little worry about her prospective offspring. After all, Maika'i is looking after them and he was quite protective of them. The newest bucket of fish was sitting on the ground, with the marine creatures still flopping around inside. Rosamin watched her adoptive mother, Saira before looking downward at her nest below. "Maika'i loves them. I like him lots. He loves my nest. I made it comfy for him. And the eggs, too. They are pretty eggs! You be grandmammy soon!!" the harpy female said, doing a little dance on the tree branch.

"You want to meet Maika'i. He is beautiful!" she tacked on, glancing at Saira hopefully.

Daisicle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:05 pm
Now quite asleep, a very content Maika'i was blissfully unaware at the glare a certain blue harpy was giving him from above.

"Ugh, so you've gone and named it, have you? Don't you know that once you name it you grow attached... and then it's that much harder to get rid of?" While the young adult before her couldn't remember that far back, Saira had been quite adamant about not naming her for an incredibly long time. Rosie had nearly been a child when she'd given in and properly established one - she'd been too persistent a tot to lose.

Her features became decidedly cross at the mention of the eggs and her own inherent relation to them. She turned her head to avert her eyes from the nest below - full of so many unpleasant things she'd rather not thing about - before shoving the rest of the fish jerky in her mouth. "No, I'm quite good. I want absolutely nothing to do with them."

Dream WhiteWitz

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Dream WhiteWitz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:45 pm
"Mama..." Rosamin sighed heavily. "He told me his name. I know he be a great Daddy substitute for the eggs," she mumbled, looking Saira straight in the face. "So, you get your craggy butt down there and get to know them! I want you in life too!" the young female harpy practically yelled at Saira before taking off downward, riding the wind as she swooped onto her nest, sniffing. "Old craggy butt!"

Daisicle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:12 am
Saira visibly scoffed at the incomprehensible term - 'daddy.' What sort of harpy needed one of those? Hatil was certainly in the minority... prior to Valko, there'd been nothing of the concept of a father-figure in these trees. Males were unnecessary for childrearing and, more than anything, a pain in her feathers. Ugh. Was it Valko that was poisoning her mind, or was it the village? Or perhaps she was simply predisposed for such nonsense...

Had she been too spoiled growing up?

All males were good for was looking good, and a cat was not something she could fathom finding herself attracted to. Disgusting. Her lips pursed as she flexed her wings up and took off... into the forest.

Dream WhiteWitz
End?

Daisicle

Aged Genius

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out