Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Sins & Virtues & NPC BBs] Tempting Fate - First Solo Flight Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
demon_pachabel rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:37 am
d4 for Heleyanth  
magnadearel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:15 pm
Nalacko and Green Feidemeth
User Image

One small milestone had been reached in a long list to come. Nalacko was a bundle of nerves. Was this the right time to be doing this? Would Feidemeth be alright? Would she even get off the ground?! While the rider was a bundle of nerves, the dragon had nothing but faith in herself. Don’t you worry about a thing Mine! The green gave a croon and booped her rider in the chest.

Two green firelizards, one each sitting upon Nala’s shoulders gave squawks of complaint as they were nearly knocked from their perches. The teen reached up to soothe Vine and Triangle. “Of course. Dragons do this all the time I know. But I can’t help but worry about you.” The apprehension was plain for all to see in her eyes. A little worry is fine. Besides! I have two perfect little assistants to show me how it’s done properly! Feidemeth pointed her snout at the green firelizards who gave cheeps of satisfaction that the dragon recognized how valuable they were.

Nala smiled softly. All too soon for her liking, Z’von gave the signal to the riders. Right. Time to start. “You can do this Feidemeth,” she murmured softly, but with conviction. The young dragon turned and lined herself up in preparation for her first attempt. Her gangly limbs made her seem all awkwardness as she moved. Several of her siblings went before her, before the green stepped up for her turn.

16-20: How many ways could this possibly go wrong? You've managed to throw yourself completely off course, and honestly, any solution right now seems like a good one. Roll a d4 to see what happens next:

magnadearel

tatterpixie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:01 pm
L'ojz and green Cibelloth

Cibelloth pranced excitedly in place, her wing flaps lifting her a foot or so off the ground with each bounce. This was it, what she was living for! Time for her to take wing and fly! The young green dragon waited her turn next to her beloved L'ojz, watching her siblings and cousins take off and land with varying degrees of success. Oh, I can't wait to fly, Mine! We will be flying together and fighting Thread before you know it! She couldn't wait for a couple of other things either, as that handsome bronze Hybreoth took wing. Soon enough she'd be grown, in all respects…

With a chuckle, L'ojz petted Cibelloth's dark green neck. "Soon indeed, my love. Now remember your training and practicing," he admonished gently as their turn approached. He was just a little nervous -- this was a big, important moment not just for his dragon but for him as well. It would move them one step closer to actually being a proper dragonrider pair, something he had dreamed his whole life of being part of. "Remember to use the wind, don't let the wind buffet you around or you'll lose control." He had seen a couple of other weyrling dragons get tossed about by the gusts, and he was a bit nervous for Cibelloth. But he couldn't let it show, or it might affect her mood before she took off herself.

So was Nalacko, who was standing next to him with her green Feidemeth about to take her first flight. Smiling at the girl, he nodded. "It'll be okay. Both our girls will do great!"

Turning back to his dragon, L'ojz gave Cibelloth a kiss on the neck for luck and stepped back to watch.

Quote:
1 - 5: You start off strong, but then a gust of wind throws you off your game. Roll a d4 to see whether you're able to correct your trajectory:

It was finally her turn. Cibelloth gave a littla prance and took off, feeling for all of Pern like the picture of grace and beauty as she flapped her wings up to altitude. The wind up here was erratic, but with powerful wing beats she managed to maintain her flight.

Until a sudden gust of wind knocked her sideways and off course!

Quote:
Nothing seems to stop the wind, and you are now well on your way toward the lake. Splash!

Cibelloth flapped and flapped, yet she was being blown further and further off course. Mine, I can't-- she sent frantically to L'ojz as she tumbled out of the sky, landing in the Weyr lake with a loud splash. Luckily she landed in the shallows, but she still flailed, holding her head high to avoid getting water on her face. Her eyes whilred a rapid yellow as she struggled her way out of the water.

Soaking wet and bedraggled, the dark green dragonet trudged back to Hers. I didn't do so well, did I?

"You did just fine, my love," L'ojz murmured soothingly as she pushed her head against his chest, inviting him to hold her. "And you'll do even better next time."  
tatterpixie rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:06 pm
d4 roll for Cibelloth!  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

magnadearel rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:20 pm

Feidemeth moved away from her and Nala suddenly felt lonely. Luckily another greenrider happened to be nearby and coming up on their turn too; it helped when he gave both greens some encouragement. Nala nodded to him and to Feidemeth. But it seemed doom to failure for her large green from the get go.

Feidemeth’s limbs each seemed to want to do their own thing, and her wings were all out of sync. Nalacko winced to herself, but knew she needed to help. Focus! Get your wings flapping together! Run into the wind! Maybe the green’s wings weren’t quite ready to get her large frame off the ground?

Quote:
1: No matter how hard you try, you're flying further and further away from the class, and at this point you're actually closer to the Weyr than to where you started. You manage to land, but nowhere near anyone else.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:33 pm

Feidemeth flapped her wings hard as the green firelizards screamed encouragement from Nala’s shoulders. The teen winced, sure she’d have ringing in both ears for days after this. Eventually Feidemeth’s feet lifted from the ground. See? Look Mine. I can do this. All you needed was a little faith.

“Well at least she’s up.” Nala murmured to L’ojz. That was a start at least. Can you direct where you’re going tho? She asked her dragon skeptically. Because you’re going the wrong way. You need to come back this way now. Try as she might, Feidemeth found she couldn’t turn herself in the right direction. Miiiiiiiiiiiine! I can’t get around? What do I do?!?!?!

Land! Land! “Oh dear. She’s in a slight bit of trouble. We’ll be back.” Nalacko took off at a quick jog. Feidemeth was heading closer and closer to the weyr itself. She was much closer to it than where they were practicing by the time she got back down to the ground. Come meet me Feid, and we’ll rejoin the group. Hopefully the weyrlingmaster wouldn’t stop her from giving it another go when they got back.  

magnadearel

Uta rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:17 pm
Though his muscles were sore, Hybreoth had no intention of letting that slow him down. Though he paused to watch a few of his clutchmates take to the skies, the bronze dragon was in no rush. He knew he looked amazing and just because the gust had tried to throw him off his game...well...no one but Rhim needed to know about that.

So it was with little surprise that the bronze stepped away from His and gave a small stretch of his wings. The pain that shot through the link almost had R'him object, but the bronze stopped him before he began. Save your breath, for I assure you, the pain is of little inconvenience. There was no ire in his words though, and the fondness the welled up after took away any sting. He did not need his to worry unnecessarily, for he was Hybreoth, and well aware of his strengths.

"Go on then," R'him finally gave his blessing.

Quote:
16-20: How many ways could this possibly go wrong? You've managed to throw yourself completely off course, and honestly, any solution right now seems like a good one.

Where Hybreoth had managed a relatively decent first attempt, this next one had the bronze pulling well away from everyone. In fact, he was quite flying away from the group, and R'him was quite worried that the dragon might crash, or worse, spook himself between.

Even if Hybreoth was cool and collected, R'him was less so--especially because both dragon and rider were well aware that this was Not Part of the Plan.

Are you all right? Can you turn yourself around?

The bronze dragon was in a bit of jam, but he was too proud to admit that he might have been at the mercy of the elements. Even so, the dragon's eyes did whirl yellow in alarm, even as he tried to figure out how to get himself turned around.

What if he--no, that didn't help. And if he flapped his wings just--whelp, now he was going even farther away from His and the rest of his weyrlings.

R'him started running after him, wanting to keep eyes on his beloved bronze--all the while sending him assurance and support. Surely, if the bronze was truly in trouble, one of the assistants would follow--but the man was rather alarmed.

Quote:
1. No matter how hard you try, you're flying further and further away from the class, and at this point you're actually closer to the Weyr than to where you started. You manage to land, but nowhere near anyone else.

Thankfully, in some sort of miracle, the bronze dragon did manage to land. Was he anywhere near the rest of the group? Not at all. Was he going to admit he was in trouble and needed help? Nope. Instead, the bronze dragon craned his neck and sent a croon to His, even as he began the long trek on foot. A magnificent display, don't you think, Cibelloth? Isn't it fine to feel the wind beneath ones wings The bronze dragon singled out the green, certain that she would agree. Instead of flat-out lying about his intentions the bronze instead hoped to distract.

The fact he stuck not one, but two, landings was certainly a feet. Nevermind everything that seemed to go wrong post-take off.

tatterpixie

Uta rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:18 pm
D4 for Hybreoth  

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

tatterpixie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:27 pm
L'ojz and green Cibelloth

After L'ojz got Cibelloth dried off from her involuntary dip in the lake, all the while talking to her to cheer her up, he led her back to the other weyrlings waiting their turns to have another go at flying. "See? It's not so bad," he smiled at the dark green dragonet. "Why, some of your siblings have ended up in the lake too! The winds today are shifty -- you have to be on your guard and ready to adapt at a moment's notice." He was basically repeating the lessons Z'von had been drilling into their heads, but some things did bear repeating, especially to an excitable young dragon trying to fly for the first time.

It was Cibelloth's turn again, and she lowered her head to nuzzle L'ojz on the shoulder, one big eye whirling green (with a touch of yellow) meeting his. You're right, Mine! I can do this, I really and truly can! I will try again for you!

Stepping away to be clear of Hers, she took off again, wings flapping.

Quote:
6-10: It's difficult to get off of the ground to begin with. This requires a lot more muscle strength than you were prepared for, and by the time you're airborne, you are already pretty tired. Roll a d4 to see what happens next:

...or at least she tried to. Cibelloth's prance-and-flap didn't seem to work this time. Flapping harder, she broke into a trot, then a run, before she got finally got up in the air. By this time her wings and shoulders were beginning to ache, and she was breathing a bit hard. Flying was exhausting!

Quote:
Nope, this was a bad idea, and you skid gracelessly along the ground into a heap. Shards.

It was so exhausting that Cibelloth just couldn't stay up. She felt herself slowly descend, and she held her wings out to attempt to glide to a landing. Which didn't work either; her front legs hit the ground, and she skidded to a graceless stop at the end of the field.

Gathering herself up, she made her way back to L'ojz, her eyes whirling orange. I should have been able to take off, she grumbled to Hers. I should have been able to do it. But I was so tired! This is much harder than I thought it would be...

"I know, my love," L'ojz replied, sending as much love and support to Cibelloth as he could. "We'll take a rest, okay? Then you can try again."  
tatterpixie rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:31 pm
d4 roll for Cibelloth!  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Cheri rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:30 pm
User Image
It quickly became evident that, in spite of all of the flapping she'd done, Ardoxshoth was not prepared for this. She'd have liked to have said that she started off strong, but even that was not true. Her first flight attempt was instantly abortive, sending her skidding across the ground with a creel of protest. Her watching rider sucked in a swift, anxious breath, before releasing it just as quickly. It wouldn't do to make the young queen nervous.

That was a good try, Ardoxshoth. You'll get it next time! she told her queen, longing to go pet and fuss over her, but knowing that she didn't dare shake the baby's confidence this early on.

Eyes whirling a frustrated and mildly alarmed yellow orange, the queen dusted herself off, looking around for her twin. Perhaps Damahath was doing better than she? When she couldn't find her sister immediately, she did note that Hybreoth had fared a little better to start. Well, if that didn't twinge her pride slightly. But... better to try again. Don't worry, YunaraMine. I'll get it perfectly next time. Although really, there was no guarantee of that.

Cheri rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:32 pm

XD

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Cheri rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:47 pm

It...

Well. It hadn't been perfect. Yet... as Ardoxshoth fought with the wind that sought to tear her away from her trajectory, she found that perhaps she had flapped enough to succeed after all. It was a little gratifying to know that in spite of evidence to the contrary she might have prepared enough for today. A thrill ran through her small, golden form, and she bugled her triumph to her rider.

Feeling Yunara's pride at her success buoyed the queen, who could never have been described as lacking in confidence up until today. It certainly had been a rough start, but maybe she had overcome the worst of it.

Cheri rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:48 pm

DX

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Cheri rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:54 pm

After the first attempt that had left Ardoxshoth with a little more than bruised pride, it seemed that things were turning up. Except... she couldn't quite remember how to land!

As she had seen Dhremorath do so many times before, Ardoxshoth tried to bank so that she could come in for a smoother landing. Somehow, in spite of the fact that she felt sure that she'd followed what they'd practiced to a tee, her own landing was... less than stellar. The most important thing was that she had landed, surely. Besides, most of her siblings probably had been too distracted by their own flying efforts to notice hers.

"Great job," Yunara said, moving over to pat her dragonet. The queen lowered her head so that she could nudge her rider with her muzzle, ever so gently. As difficult as that had been, she had succeeded. It seemed unlikely that everyone else had had perfect results, or so Yunara had tried to assure her.

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff