Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Sins & Virtues & NPC BBs] Tempting Fate - First Solo Flight Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
demon_pachabel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:21 pm
Niika and Blue Heleyanth

"Okay, it doesn't look like you broke anything," Niika finally relented as she set down Heleyanth's foot, feeling the little tinge of sadness from the blue at the lack of contact. In response, she placed her hand on his nose. "Which means I get to watch you take another go at getting off the ground, hmm?" Heleyanth took a few bounding leaps ahead of the woman as she accompanied him back to the rest of the Weyrlings.

Okay! I'm going to go now! he announced to Niika before taking a running start to take off again.

Quote:
How many ways could this possibly go wrong? You've managed to throw yourself completely off course, and honestly, any solution right now seems like a good one.

Getting off the ground wasn't an easy process at all, but Niika was at least grateful he was in the air - and not crashing into his clutchmates yet. One of the closer ones had spoken to him and, easily distractible, Heleyanth all but basked in the moment of attention from Hybreoth - less because it was from the bronze in particular, but he at least looked appropriately giddy about the whole thing. You fly very well! Heleyanth crooned in reply, absolutely giddy about it all.

He, on the other hand, was already spiraling down into a potential disaster.

Quote:
No matter how hard you try, you're flying further and further away from the class, and at this point you're actually closer to the Weyr than to where you started. You manage to land, but nowhere near anyone else.

Baby, where are you going? Niika asked, watching as her little blue moved farther and farther from the airspace of the lesson. She was already moving to follow after him. The rush of excited joy of being airborne was certainly reassuring, compared to his earlier panic. It's fine! Just over here, Niika! See! and oh, she certainly saw. She was certainly going to get a run in keeping up with Heleyanth.

Baby, you need to come down! Niika pressed, her own overprotectiveness over her long-awaited lifemate threatening to choke her. Heleyanth brushed his sunny optimism over her nerves as he, shakily, began his descent.

I'll come down, I doubt they'd let me fly away forever! Heleyanth assured, even as he wobbled gracelessly in the air. Each little to-and-fro just amped up Niika's nerves, earning another wave of assuring love until his feet touched the ground - and the rest of his body went tumbling gracelessly after. Ow! Landings are hard! he announced, righting himself in time to lean his face into his rider's eagerly awaiting hands.

"I belive it, baby. You got so far away from everybody else too...." she added, simply pleased he was back on the ground where she would know he was safe. Heleyanth thrummed, leaning into her. Well! We better get back, then!

Uta

demon_pachabel rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:23 pm
d4 for Heleyanth  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Smerdle rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:37 pm
V'ek and Nimiseth had been here the whole time.

Excitement poured off of the blue in waves, but even so, he didn't move for ages. He watched instead, many of the other weyrlings treated to his joyous eeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee when they did something particularly impressive, and even occasionally when they did not.

Eventually, however, Nimiseth did what he did best. He got hungry.

Mine?

Hm?

You think we could go find some wherry?

Not yet, dearest. You have to get into the air like your clutchmates, okay?

V'ek felt a burst of anxious glee that almost masked his dragon's underlying concern. Flapping kind of came naturally when Nimiseth was excited, but he had never really pictured himself as the flying type of dragon.

You were made for this. Just give it a try.

With a gentle nudge to his rider's shoulder that still jostled V'ek a step or two from where he'd been, Nimiseth rolled to his feet and trotted several paces away. He squared his stance, brow furrowing as he beat his wings almost frantically. The blue pushed himself up on his tiptoes, flapping ever faster, and right as he was about to give up, he lifted into the air, five feet, ten feet, fifteen—

Mine! Look! Look look looooooooooook!

V'ek had been looking already, a grin spreading across his face, at least until the dragon began to sink once more. It happened much faster than he had risen, and when Nimiseth landed, the eee that escaped him wasn't particularly happy.

My claw! Hrmmm!

V'ek hurried to his dragon's side, kneeling to inspect the base of Nimiseth's toe. It was cracked for sure, but there was no blood and everything seemed pointed in the right direction.

Does it hurt?

The blue paused to consider this question seriously, flopping back into a languid sprawl. No. I think I was just surprised to land on it like that. He turned his attention back to the smattering of dragons still testing their wings.

Do you want to try it again? As soon as V'ek posed the question he knew it had been the wrong one. Gentle force and the rare bit of manipulative disappointment had proven to be the best ways to get Nimiseth to do what was best for him.

Not really! Can we go get that wherry now?

Quote:
It's difficult to get off of the ground to begin with. This requires a lot more muscle strength than you were prepared for, and by the time you're airborne, you are already pretty tired. Roll a d4 to see what happens next:

Smerdle rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:38 pm

Quote:
You aren't able to stay aloft long before you find your tired wings don't want to budge. You crash and break a claw. Ouch!

Smerdle

Scamp

Prism Shine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:14 pm
Is’k & Brown Kuyizeth

[Rolling]  
Prism Shine rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:16 pm
[And the landing]  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Sweet Symmetry rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:44 pm

It was time for round two. The young green seemed eager and satisfied with the amount of attention she had imagined receiving. Sjell was more than happy to watch her try again.

She beat her wings frantically, leaping into the air with a slightly surprised bugle. Her body followed her wish, for she was airborne sooner than she had expected.

Psh, this flying thing is smooth sailing! You don't know what all the fuss is about. Except, now that you're here it occurs to you that you don't know how to land.

Soralieth flapped as enthusiastically as before, and Sjell's smile slowly slipped away, second by second. Dear? Are you coming back today?

I am enjoying the breeze, Sjell. Why would you take that away from me? There was a note of petulance in her voice, but Sjell knew, beneath that mask of her child who would not be taught, was a dragon who had... well... forgotten her previous lesson.

Remembering something the Weyrlingmaster said to your rider a few days before, you use your tail to help you turn, but it's not quite enough. You end up, yep, right in the lake. Drat.

Her eyes whirled with a faint hint of yellow behind the blue-green. She shuddered a little as she turned to peer at her tail. All right. Come on tail. You just gotta turn a little bit. It twitched at her mental urging, but suddenly she was flying quite the wrong way. She growled, then was met with a face full of water. The green landed with quite a splash, but surfaced soon after.

Bleh. This is the worst.

Sjell held her breath for a moment- but there was no pain, just the stinging of a bruised ego. At least you're all right, my love. Come on back here, I'll help dry you off, and you can try again.

I hope nobody watched that colossal waste of time. Soralieth hissed through clenched teeth, marching unhappily back to the group of young dragons.  
Sweet Symmetry rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:52 pm
[Rolling 1d4 for the landing!]  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Sweet Symmetry rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:57 pm

The green was sodden and deflated- she was now skulking behind her rider as Sjell helped her dry off. The dragon's mood had most certainly soured since her glorious first attempt. Sjell gave her a reassuring pat. No Weyr was built in a day. You can do this. Her assurance seemed to breathe new life into the dragon.

Soralieth turned to the sky once more, and began to run and beat her wings, hoping for an easy take-off.

6-10: It's difficult to get off of the ground to begin with. This requires a lot more muscle strength than you were prepared for, and by the time you're airborne, you are already pretty tired.

But it was not easy. This time, she found herself labouring more than usual to stay aloft. Perhaps she was tired?

You are a sky warrior, and though tired you are not defeated. At the last second you find a thermal and rise above it all. ... Way, way above it, and... halp!

Oh, oh! There's a lucky thermal! She found her wings were boosted, and she crowed her delight as she soared far above the rest of her teeny tiny brethren- ohhhh. Oh oops. It looked like the peaks were ahead, and she was desperately out of control. She tried turning with her tail, and wondered if there was a dragon who might swoop in and save her.

Turn your tail and pull your wings back, Soralieth! Sjell's hasty directions proved little help. Soralieth was terrified of falling, and, eyes whirling grey and yellow with distress, bugled in alarm. Wouldn't one of the assisting dragons come and save her?

I need a tiny bit of help, please! She couldn't quite keep the frantic edge from her voice as she reached out to those around her.  
Sweet Symmetry rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:00 pm
[Rolling what happens next!]  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Shaddaling rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:18 pm
Shandath and Jemaselle

Flying, an important skill and she was finally big enough to do so. Shandath was excited in as much as she ever was, a warm steady pressure. Jemi on the other hand was gleeful, a thrum of excitement and eagerness in her steps.

Shandath stretched first, a full body work of her limbs and wings and looked up the sky. It felt good and clear and she could do this. She was hatched to do this.

She flared out her wings and rocked back and then forth before running forward and launching herself up. No no ooh this was harder then she thought it was going to be and ooh no.

She ended up on the ground, skidding over the stone and grumbled. < I underestimated this.>

"Everyone one does sometime. We work hard and I know you do but first time failure happens sometime."Jemi said, checking over the green and relaxing, just bit of scrapes. 1  
Shaddaling rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:19 pm
roll a roll  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Shaddaling rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:42 pm
She was in the air! She wasn't on the course though.. Shandath was feeling sheepish that she should have focused a bit more on where she was suppose to go instead of being excited once she managed to get to the air and keep in the air.

No, no, no, there was another dragon! She squeaked, tumbling a bit as she headed toward a tree. No. She attempted to break and managed to just smack a branch instead of the entire trunk. Oww.

Jemaselle hurried over, checking over the green. "You okay Shandath?"

She muttered, getting up. A few bruises but nothing to dangerous.  
Shaddaling rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:43 pm
roll  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Shaddaling rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:58 pm
Shandath took a deep breath, letting her rider check her over after her second fall. She could manage this, she got in the air twice, and she was flying once, just got to focus a bit more. She stretched out, careful of her new bruises and her scrapped kin. She flapped her wings and gave it one more goo.

"You can do this."

She spread her wings far and pressed off. The air was underneath her, and she was keeping on course and she was flying... wait how did they land? She squeaked and okay.. that landing wasn't the greatest but she managed to land better then she had earlier.

"You did it."  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces