Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Commons
Chatting Together Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:57 pm
I do stuff around here beside RPing to help the guild out too like posting in the village library because if there is something I am interested in, but not many people don't know about therein lies the opportunity.

I recently posted stuff about Dragon Ball Super in there. Admittedly, its not done yet, but people can still take a look at it. And for what is there, its just some knowledge with more stuff to come, which creates curiosity. People will therefore go back to that thread to see if there's more stuff added.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:05 pm
Chatting together is more fulfilling than chatting to yourself. The odd time I will catch myself talking aloud, ,but mostly I just muse silently in my head.

I was hoping that I could chat with some our guild members about Go Fusion. I took a peek at the offerings there, and I was not very impressed.

For one, the amount of charms required to craft an item, very often did not match the platinum value in the Marketplace. But then, I did not bother to search the Marketplace for said item -- to see if it was unavailable (therefore making it more rare) or whether it was overpriced (than the Go Fusion estimate -- which, again, makes this item worth more.)

Instead, I kept my charms firmly in hand, and left the game without crafting anything. After all -- I could always go back again later, and get disappointed all over again. xD  

Clove Boheme

Allied Explorer

8,600 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:09 am
Most of the time, I care about role-playing here on gaia. Not so much the games. What is sad is that nobody seems interested anymore in role-playing or they don't want to show the respect that people deserve. I made one in the forums and the first thing posted was something disrespectful that the post had to be deleted.

I mean, are people really THAT bad that they have to act like complete brats?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:32 pm
I will admit, I miss days long gone where people knew how to role-play and were respectful about it (you guys are good who do role-play not blaming you). I miss the days when you could go into towns and sell your random paper and we all knew it was trash, but tradeable trash. The same went for the flowers and the bugs. There was a time when Gaia would show free movies, but that too went away.

I stay on this site because I am ever so hopeful that one day Gaia will be great again. Who here remembers the days when Gaia was great and not a frozen wasteland?  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Clove Boheme

Allied Explorer

8,600 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:25 am
Clove Boheme
Chatting together is more fulfilling than chatting to yourself. The odd time I will catch myself talking aloud, ,but mostly I just muse silently in my head.

I was hoping that I could chat with some our guild members about Go Fusion. I took a peek at the offerings there, and I was not very impressed.

For one, the amount of charms required to craft an item, very often did not match the platinum value in the Marketplace. But then, I did not bother to search the Marketplace for said item -- to see if it was unavailable (therefore making it more rare) or whether it was overpriced (than the Go Fusion estimate -- which, again, makes this item worth more.)

Instead, I kept my charms firmly in hand, and left the game without crafting anything. After all -- I could always go back again later, and get disappointed all over again. xD

In fact, I did go back to Go Fusion, and crafted Peyo's Reading Spot with my charms, to create this avatar. I have been playing Lake Kindred, and have been getting snowflake charms as rewards (which are kind of rare.) So, I'm not as prissy as last time I posted, and am happy with my Go Fusion result.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:10 pm
empress dee
I will admit, I miss days long gone where people knew how to role-play and were respectful about it (you guys are good who do role-play not blaming you). I miss the days when you could go into towns and sell your random paper and we all knew it was trash, but tradeable trash. The same went for the flowers and the bugs. There was a time when Gaia would show free movies, but that too went away.

I stay on this site because I am ever so hopeful that one day Gaia will be great again. Who here remembers the days when Gaia was great and not a frozen wasteland?

I remember a Gaia that promoted an obvious division of the classes through display of wealth, and being a noobie was worse than death. I remember starter clothes that consisted of something like a User ImageJade Peasant's Top or Peasant's booties for your feet -- and I floundered the first few months of my Gaia experience, as a would-be fairy who could not afford some fairy wings.

Here is a graphic I created in 2006 of my avatar (BatChic) at the time, in front of her Marketplace store.

User Image

I had saved enough for Fairy Cloth, wore cheap moss hippie shoes, and wore a low-priced fashionable jacket bought from one of the Gaia shops.

My BatChic was an OC who worked with Sandy Gruelgrimm, an old cobbler of shoes -- and in my OC's story, Gruelgrimm gave the little wingless BatChic fae her own shop -- from his own Cobbler Shop rental, remade over to the BatChic Boutique.

Here is a pic of Gruelgrimm in front of his own Marketplace Shop, also from 2006~

User Image

He holds a bouquet of flowers up to his chin to hide the Jack's cape pointy-collar won through the Halloween Event --
but both avatars (BatChic + Gruelgrimm) had few inventory items of
quality to choose from. LOL

Clove Boheme

Allied Explorer

8,600 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:20 pm
Ah, but being a noob also had its perks too. Depending on what you did on the site determined whether or not you were going to be favored upon or treated like doggie poo poo. For me, being a noob was great back then, but now that its practically dead and since I learned so few skills when it was great...now it feels like hell.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:25 am
hello guys , whats new with you ?  

White Mage Rose

Feral Kitten

9,975 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Waffles! 25

Terrance_Nicolas_Bogard

Skilled Gaian

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:54 am
White Mage Rose

Dee and I are going to go to a mall to have ourselves some KFC for lunch and we are going to go to the dollarama to pick up some water and pepsi.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:05 am
Terrance_Nicolas_Bogard
White Mage Rose

Dee and I are going to go to a mall to have ourselves some KFC for lunch and we are going to go to the dollarama to pick up some water and pepsi.

i love KFC  

White Mage Rose

Feral Kitten

9,975 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Waffles! 25

Terrance_Nicolas_Bogard

Skilled Gaian

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:26 am
White Mage Rose
Terrance_Nicolas_Bogard
White Mage Rose

i love KFC

My wife and I do too. We always get the Tuesday special, which consists of a drumstick and a thigh and fries. The gravy and the pepsi we get are extra, but worth it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:06 am
Terrance_Nicolas_Bogard
White Mage Rose
Terrance_Nicolas_Bogard
White Mage Rose

i love KFC

My wife and I do too. We always get the Tuesday special, which consists of a drumstick and a thigh and fries. The gravy and the pepsi we get are extra, but worth it.

i dont have a KFC in my town  

White Mage Rose

Feral Kitten

9,975 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Waffles! 25

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:42 pm
White Mage Rose
Terrance_Nicolas_Bogard
White Mage Rose
Terrance_Nicolas_Bogard
White Mage Rose

i love KFC

i dont have a KFC in my town

That stinks, but sometimes the travel is well worth it. Did you know I travel for 2 hours on the bus and the train total in order to get to a good KFC?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:07 pm
I miss going to towns and chatting with random people.  

Pink Fregia

15,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Clove Boheme

Allied Explorer

8,600 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:24 pm
empress dee
Ah, but being a noob also had its perks too. Depending on what you did on the site determined whether or not you were going to be favored upon or treated like doggie poo poo. For me, being a noob was great back then, but now that its practically dead and since I learned so few skills when it was great...now it feels like hell.

I am a different person than when I played Gaia in 2006 -- and I frequented the Towns more often than posting in a variety of Forum topics, back then. I had made some friends in a particular forum, and it became a popular thread, so we all often joined in one particular spot in Towns, despite the lag to post one's own on-screen comment.

I think making friends in Guilds is a terrific idea.

It is a safe environment, and you can just be yourself.

I don't play role-playing games because I tend to have my character describe paragraphs of action than just a 2 sentence answer. I don't have the patience to wait for a return post by another player, and I don't have the time to play, really.

Playing word games, for me, is a lot more fun these days. ❤️  
Village Commons

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces