Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
WCC Team Mission 4.5 - Isle of Armor Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:39 pm
SubonicXP
Blizzard120

She took a moment to recover, then quickly pushed herself back up and made the hard mad dash towards the dens. She had at the very least close the gap between her assailant and the dens.

The assailant would fire off three more Psyshock shots at Freth as she rushed the dens. The first one after the surprise attack missed completely, the second would come incredibly close, maybe even clipping her as she would certainly hear the sound of 'thunder' cracking, and the third might just strike its target if Freth wasn't quick enough. One thing she would realize is that the shots were sporadic at best. That first shot after the sneak attack she probably didn't think much of it but the second came very quickly after and yet the third one had a noticeable delay. Was the attacker just taking time to aim? Maybe, but something inside Freth told her to store that information.

If the third one hit, clipped her, or missed it would occur right as she arrived at the dens. Even if it hit she could also note a fourth attack did not come despite being vulnerable, giving her time to get to the dens and claim at least one.

The mad dash to the dens, Freth could feel those bursts blaze right by her. Sand kicking up, making impact, a thundering, crackling sound as it did so. She wasn't sure. He was trying to lead her, she thought. Probably aiming. While the dens were hot for the taking as she got closer, she knew if she left this sniper unchecked, he'd pick off anyone else. She had to take a chance. With that third shot, she vanished, perhaps to the surprise to the sniper. The shot could have been a clean hit where she was running. It wasn't a Teleport. Articunos, let alone hybrids of them, couldn't do that.

If he had any perception however, he'd deduce perhaps one thing, probably a little too late as a Frustration-backed fist started to find its way to the sniper's face. It was speed. Agility. And now...the sniper had a really pissed-off Articuno female on his case.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:25 pm
“So, hypothetically, you’re some sort of version of me with all of my memories intact and whatever else.” Sundaria threw her head back and sighed. “What happens next?”

“We talk about why you’re wanting to just hang back and observe, and in the past five realities took great care to avoid interacting with anyone from Snagem. Almost certainly, you would have avoided them here as well if little Cera there hadn’t noticed you so early.” The mixed breed version of Sundaria smashed the light orb between her hands, extinguishing it and sending the energy out before it dissipated. She stood up straight and began walking past the pure hybrid, sticking her thumbs in a hidden set of pockets.

Sundaria turned to watch the copy of her walk off, and immediately noticed her surroundings shift once she turned. It was now stark white everywhere, lending even more credence to what the mixed hybrid called herself. The white lioness hybrid would note that her copy was now sitting on a bench made of golden light, with enough room for Sundaria herself to actually join her. “That’s simple. I don’t want to interfere with them. Each reality should have the opportunity to flourish without any major interference from other realities. We probably count as outside interference, and what I’m doing with them here doesn’t sit well with us. What if what we’re doing alters something that’s supposed to happen? If my actions prevent something happening, positive or negative, or causes something to happen that’s not supposed to?” Sundaria sat down next to her copy on the light bench, crossing her legs as she looked into the barely visible lavender eyes of her copy.

“Usually that happens to be what happens if you prevent something, something else happens…” The look that could be made out on the copy’s face was one of ‘Duh.’ She clearly wasn’t amused to say the least by how Sundaria phrased her questions. “Anyways, admirable, but what if those worlds happened to be the one you were from? You haven’t knowingly been back since becoming even a Cosmog hybrid, so you wouldn’t know your own world’s flow knowingly. Maybe subconsciously, but you wouldn’t just outright know, ‘Hey, this feels like my home reality’s energy, looks like I’m home.’ And you didn’t actually encounter anyone named Crystal in a couple of those realities you recently were in. So how do you know if that was your reality?”

“I…We...” Sundaria was speechless, looking down to her skirt. She fiddled with the edge of it, instantly uncomfortable. The clone took note and made the move to pounce on it.

“There’s more to it than just altering other realities. You’re scared of making connections. Even before those last few realities, you became more and more distant from people, keeping a smile on your face as you closed yourself off more and more. Not interfering in a reality is a nice gesture, but you know full well that others don’t abide by that.”

“They even attempted to recruit us. I passed on that, but you’re right… The whole reason why I adopted the name Sundaria. I don’t trust them to go after any of my alternates, even if none of them actually wind up in an even remotely similar situation as myself. I know I’ve interfered in some of their… goals, let’s call it, and they probably aren’t too fond of that.” Sundaria looked back up at her copy, whose eyes seemed to be just a little bit brighter now. “That’s been one of my fears, causing them to be targeted because of what I’m doing.”

“Right. There’s still more to your issues. Being fearful for your alternate selves is one thing, but there’s still more to this.” Her copy kept her eyes locked on Sundaria, almost like she was staring into her soul. “Why are you keeping yourself aloof? You’re not spending as long with Professor Burnet and Professor Kukui as you used to, you’re interacting with fewer people than you have, you’ve in general been decreasing your contact with people. You refuse to keep Pokemon with you, and you’ve begun isolating yourself in general. Why?”

Sundaria looked away, her bright blue eyes narrowing. “Why,” she repeated, drumming her fingers. “Because…. I hate the idea of leaving people I’ve made friends with. It’s one of the ways I’ve managed to be able to jump faster and faster, along with pushing our- er, my own capabilities. SO, the less contact I make, the better. People will just know me as just a random, albeit extraordinary, hybrid. And it makes parting easier, the toll on my memory easier, as I have so many new ones that are similar to prior ones. Everything blends together like that, so everything is simpler if I don’t interact with people. Less to have to try and recall and separate and it hurts less to leave people behind. It’s just easier-”

“Easier to fall into a rhythm and just go with everything, forgetting why you set out in the first place.”

Sundaria spun her head around to her copy again, leering at her. “We didn’t forget! I wouldn’t be continuously world hopping if I had!”

“Well, how you act on said worlds sure says otherwise. Are you sure that’s not just an excuse to tell yourself now?”

“Tch. What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Simple. You’re running when you’re about to start getting close to people. No doubt you’d be trying to figure out some way to get away from this Snagem at some point as well.” The clone stood up from her seat on the bench and began walking towards a hallway with picture frames, none of which seemed to be there last Sundaria noticed. “Maybe not immediately, as your immense curiosity over how different this reality has seemed would probably override it for a little. But once those bonds would start to appear, you’d probably try to run away once more to keep them from strengthening. You don’t want to say goodbye to friends if you leave, potentially never to return. But even more than that, I think you’re scared to encounter the Snagems of your reality and tell them everything, only for them to reject you, whether in disbelief or otherwise. Tell me we’re wrong,” the clone dared, turning around to face the actual Sundaria once more.

Sundaria silently watched as the clone walked off, finally standing after she stopped in the hallway of blank and fuzzy picture frames. She’d follow her only up to the entrance of the hallway, where she could more clearly make out the contents of some of the frames. They were taken from her memory, specifically of one certain day for her. “This nightmare. Why are you dredging it back up?”

A bitter smirk would appear on the mixed hybrid, thumbs going back into her pockets once again. “That fear of yours that you refuse to admit to, you’re going to have to face it sooner than you think. Tell me, what do you remember from the days prior to this?”

“I… What? We- I…” Sundaria shook her head, dragging one of her hands down over her face as she growled. “I don’t understand why this even matters. I don’t need to remember every little detail of that event, and would rather not. That was a terrifying event, as I’m sure you’d know if you really are what you claim to be. And we already had to relive it once, while I was a Cosmoem hybrid. I came out of that as a pissed off Solgaleo hybrid that didn’t know what was going on and ready to kill that reality’s Faba. So, no, I don’t want round three, and why should we have to?” Sundaria stood her ground, not moving a single inch further in.

“Tell us, do you remember what their faces actually looked like there, or are they just amalgamations of other versions you’ve encountered? And you don’t even remember where you were when this happened, no less what you all were doing!” The mixed copy scowled now, her dim eyes looking furious. “You say you want to find your home reality, but you refuse to confront the past that keeps you tied down and scared. How do you plan on figuring that out when your home reality is intermingled with that memory, inseparable from it?”

Sundaria visibly winced at the questions, but still unwilling to relent. She would glance at the nearest picture frame nearby, however, and instantly recognize the moment. It was when she- they, in this case, were staring down Reno as he brought his leg down upon the possessed and partially assimilated Crystal, the final time she was in her original body. However, there were some notable details missing, just like her mirror said. The upper half of his face would be completely hidden in shadow, though it made no sense in that angle for it to be so heavily shadowed, and his clothes were just plain and generic, like no real thought was put into them. And, somewhere, Sundaria knew that was wrong. But trying to figure those out, her brain just refused to cooperate with her. “I... “ She grabbed and shook her head, taking in a sharp breath, “We’ll figure it out! I just can’t… We can’t! Not again!”

The clone sighed, dropping her shoulders down. “Can’t, or won’t,” she merely asked, looking rather annoyed. “Do you still refuse?”

Sundaria’s breathing, which had become more rapid as she thought about that time frame, was starting to slow down again as she tried to calm herself. “I… Yes. I will not go in to look at the memories. I just cannot, I will not. That experience, that feeling of helplessness… I don’t want to go through it again. You can’t make me take a step further.”

“You’re completely correct. I can’t make you take a step further.” The clone hung her head to her right, left hand moving onto her hip. “This doesn’t mean we’re done, however.” She began to walk forward, disappearing into nothing after a few steps. Sundaria’s eyes went wide when she disappeared, standing up straight and looking around for where her copy could have gone.

“What? The heck does that mean? Where-” Her words would be cut off by a Shadow Ball to the stomach, the face of a glossy eyed Espeon hybrid with a dull forehead crystal that was a very deep red, almost black filling her vision.

“Right here,” her voice would interrupt, though it had an -extremely- familiar echo to it, like many multiple people were talking at once. The force of the Shadow Ball launching out of the Espeon hybrid’s hand at such a close range would cause Sundaria to go flying, crashing into a wall and making a small impact crater. There would barely be any time for her to slide down and recover before being flung another way though means a Psychic attack, bouncing off the ground once and rolling when she landed.

“No… No no no nononono!” Sundaria scrambled to her feet as she took in the new being in front of her- if you call it new. It was a singed, battered, beaten, and disheveled Crystal, looking exactly as her body had after the Ziton had finally been… driven away was probably the best phrase, and her clothes matched exactly what the rest of the Snagems were wearing for uniforms during this tournament. “This can’t be what-”

“Since you refused to face your nightmare willingly, it is now being thrust upon you. You had your choice,” the chorus of voices declared, floating in the air as more Shadow Balls began to form around ‘Crystal’. Sundaria would put her hands in front of her and summon up a clear reflective barrier, followed by a shimmering yellow light barrier inside of it, just as the barrage of Shadow Balls happened. The Solgaleo hybrid would throw up her arms to block as many of them as possible from hitting her face, but even with the Light Screen, the barrage of them would take its toll, with the hybrid stumbling back multiple times before being thrown back by a lucky shot again.

“Ow… Crap!” Sundaria was barely on her feet when a set of pink fang-like fingers broke through and shattered her Light Screen and Reflect barriers. The lioness was on the run before the Psychic Fang attack would land on her, though, a snarling undead Espeon hybrid chasing after her as she was trying not to trip on her skirt. A bright blue orb was thrown past the hybrid, disappearing further into the distance. “Wha?.. Nevermind, nevermind,” she panted, turning back to look at the ensuing Espeon hybrid, only to see a beam of charged electrical energy barreling straight for her. A roll to the side was enough to dodge it, at least, but it was still too close for Sundaria to feel comfortable.

“You know running is futile here, right,” ‘Crystal’ asked, charging up another yellow orb of electricity. Sundaria would dodge the beam that came after as well, though couldn’t understand why a smirk had come across the Espeon hybrid’s face while she charged up yet another ball of electricity. She’d understand why right as she attempted to dodge, with the blue orb of energy that had passed her up earlier now careening into her gut, knocking Sundaria back into the Zap Cannon that was launched, finally hitting its mark. Sundaria would be blown forward by the strength of the beam, flying into yet another wall and sliding down once again. Sundaria groaned and used the wall to slide herself back up, only to be blasted back into it by another barrage of Shadow Balls.

“Gah… Stay… Away,” Sundaria croaked, attempting to get out of her body shaped crater in the wall. The glass that acted as her forehead had spider webbing cracks all over it, and there was a small line of what looked to be dark blue or black blood with a couple of speckles of white or light blue coming out of the corner of her mouth, the trail ending right before it hit the bottom of her chin, where it seemed to evaporate into thin air. Her attempts to move would be halted by ‘Crystal’, who put one of her hands around the galactic cat hybrid’s neck.

“This was even easier than last time,” the chorus of voices that came out of the hybrid in front of her taunted, “You didn’t even try to fight back. Maybe he shouldn’t have saved you back then. If running from what you fear is how you treat his act of saving you, despite the harm you caused to him, maybe you should have been absorbed into the Ziton.” The hand on Sundaria’s neck would be joined by another, and together they would squeeze on her windpipe, choking her out of air. Sundaria could barely muster the strength to fight back, trying to grab a hold of the hands in a feeble attempt to get some of the pressure off. However, darkness was beginning to encroach on the edges of her vision, threatening to take over entirely as the lack of air was taking its effect.
--------------------

To everyone on the outside, her stance and posture still wouldn’t change, nor had her irises returned, but something else notable would happen on her face. Any stars winking in and out of existence sporadically would just stop, leaving her upper face bereft of any light sans her eyebrows and her eye sockets of light. The eyebrows would fade out next, followed by the bright blue rectangles beginning to fade as well, dimming to a dark blue before beginning to flicker in and out of existence as well. Those that might be observing her might not know what was going on in Sundaria’s head, but it couldn’t be good, judging by how everything was going dark.  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:10 am
SubonicXP

Espeon_Commander

"That... might be a bit of a problem," Cera remarked, realizing she might be in over her head if she didn't join in the fight herself. For now, she felt Lapras could use the experience and she wasn't too worried yet. "Lapras, think we can get a bit of rain going?"

To Lapras' credit, starting up a Rain Dance and summoning a rainstorm for a bit wouldn't be too difficult, though she did seem a bit less keen on it and would've rather tried to attack the Skarmory already...

The Mew wouldn't pick up on it right away, though, with Lillie's stirring and a quick glance at Sundaria's... eyes? Face? Let's go with face. She saw her upper face grow dark and her heart sank, wanting to try and figure out some way of helping. But at this point, perhaps there wasn't much to help her or Lillie in the first place, and she could only hope she hadn't set herself up to become the next victim.

Reno Vantas

Blizzard120

"What, was I supposed to... watch... oh." Realizing that maybe setting off the Morpeko hybrid wasn't the best plan, Amaranth motioned for Swift to brace himself as she used the hammer to guard herself from the hybrid's thrashing about, the impact still causing her to tumble off her Dodrio. She'd use the hammer to prop herself up afterward, brandishing it just in case.

"Freth? I didn't see her on the way here, but don't you think we've got more pressing matters at the moment? Unless you'd like to lose your head from one of those rocks, but I didn't think you were into that," she remarked. "Swift, try to throw them off balance! Quick Attack!"

Her Dodrio would spring up and race forward, trying to cut off the Morpeko hybrid in whatever way he could.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:20 pm
[Forest of Focus]

(2/5 Dens remain.)

(Participants here: Sundaria, Cera, Lillie)

“Hm, rain. Sorry, but we don’t rust.” The Channeler smiled. “Skarmory, use Steel Wing.” She ordered, hands down at her sides. The Skarmory would let out a screech before it proceeded to divebomb Lapras with impressive speed, the bird striking with one wing, making a down and then up swoop before turning around to divebomb Lapras again with the other, doing this repeatedly until stopped.

It might be hard for Cera to tell in the moment, with her Pokemon being assaulted with such speed and the bird’s movements naturally kicking up some of these discarded feathers, but the Steel Channeler was wiggling a little index finger at her side, the discarded steely feathers responding to her movements by quickly flying off the ground and stabbed Lapras at the same moment Skarmory struck. Looks like she was cheating, the earlier Autotomize was little more than a sly set up. All Cera might find unusual was how much damage Lapras was taking, then again she could chalk that up to that Skarmory being very well trained.

There was one though who would have a better chance of seeing through this, but she was seeing other things at the moment. Hopefully she would break out soon.

-----

[Soothing Wetlands/Challenge Beach]

(1/8 Dens remain.)

(Participants here: Freth, Beauregard, Amaranth)

Swift’s Quick Attack would indeed catch the rampaging Morpeko off guard, the rodent hybrid tripped and set falling face first into the ground. However this would only keep it down for but a second as it quickly jump
ed back up, whipped around to spot the Dodrio, and give an angry shout in its direction as it prepared to retaliate. At least until Red Baron showed up.

In that moment of distraction the Ember would strike and ignite the Powder coating the Morpeko, causing a violent explosion to entirely consume the hybrid, a thick cloud of smoke and dust resulting after. Things went quiet for a while but then soon enough the Morpeko hybrid would come stumbling out of the smoke, snorting, looking worse for wear, as if it was on death’s door. Locking eyes with Beau again it let out a blood curdling roar, threw itself down onto all fours, made a single lunge forward and then...promptly fainted.

Apparently in those final moments it was nothing but adrenaline and anger that drove the hybrid, and even those couldn’t keep it going any longer. Not the most sturdy hybrid but its power when angry was positively terrified. The hybrid seemed fairly young, inexperienced, and completely undisciplined. It was scary to imagine what such a small hybrid could be capable of with more training. Regardless they were free to snatch up the last two dens in the Soothing Wetlands, both towards the south portion towards Challenge Beach. Amaranth would also spot behind a large rock formation a Roto-drone, just waiting to be activated for the cost of 200. After getting those two dens the team had 460 watts according to their Challenger’s Bands so they had plenty to activate the drone and send someone at Wyndon Stadium a Pokemon. Who would they pick?

-----

The assailant, the Galarian Slowbro hybrid, didn’t see Freth coming and was knocked clear off the top of the tower and sent falling down towards the ocean below. However the hybrid would prove to have mind boggling reflexes as it quick threw its arm ‘cannon’ up and fired expertly at Freth with a bullet of Poison energy which exploded into ‘electricity’ similar to that of a Psyshock and like Psyshock this felt more like a physical hit, like being punched, though dissimilar to Psyshock she could feel the energy try to seep into her as it threatened to poison. For a ‘Slowbro’ hybrid this thing was anything but slow.

After the hybrid hit the water it was quick to begin to swim, not away from Freth per se to safety but it was headed towards the shore where Beau and Amaranth could be seen arriving shortly. Was it planning to sneak attack them as well while they were none the wiser? Likely so.

-----

[Workout Sea, Ditto Island]

(0/2Dens remain.)

(Participants here: Deo, Odd, Brian)

The Hyper Voice would cause all three monkeys to grunt in pain as the violent sound assalted their eardrums, giving Deo’s Charmander plenty of time to strike out at Simisage with Flamethrower, the super effective move doing a good chunk of damage and perhaps the only saving grace for Simisage being that it was only a Charmander and not something like a Charmeleon or worse, Charizard. Another one of those and it was done already.

Noting that Brian hadn’t issued a command yet the trio decided to go on the offense immediately. “We’ll hang back and cover you guys. Simipour, Surf.” Cress ordered, his monkey flipping its hair back before waving forward with both hands and summoning a massive wave of water rushing out of the ocean to their right, the Surf threatening to sweep all three Snagem Pokemon away into the ocean on the other side of the island.

Seeing their opportunity Cilan and Chili issued their own commands. “Keep the pressure on them, Chili, we’re going to try and recover a little bit. Use Giga Drain on Riolu!” Cilan ordered, his monkey focusing on Riolu with great intent as the wave came bearing down on them, making a ‘come here’ gesture with its finger as it began to sap energy away from Lu at a distance.

Chili knew he had to keep them occupied and make escape difficult or risky and knew exactly what to do. “Ha! Sorry but you guys are going to be stuck between a rock and a wet place! Rock Slide!” He commanded. His monkey would let out a few screeches before dancing back and forth, shaking its hands as it summoned forth chunks of rock from underneath the sands, dropping them down upon the Snagems and their Pokemon from above. Rocks raining and a wave threatening to sweep them away, could this get worse?  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:35 pm
Brian didn't call an attack at first, wanting to see what his opponents would do. He knew the Flamethrower would have done massive damage to the Simisage, and he wasn't disappointed. Just from the look of it, one more good attack would take it out, though as he was trying to decide what to do, Simisage executed a Giga Drain, causing Lu to cry out in pain from the draining of her energy. Gritting his teeth, he called out a command. "Alright, Lu," he said. "Use the rocks from the Rock Slide to avoid the Surf!" If this worked, they just might survive the dual attack.

"Let's try a different approach. Quick Blaze!" Anyone that didn't know how he battled wouldn't recognize this attack, and he only used combination attacks when he was really getting into the battle. This particular attack was something he'd come up with himself; it was a combination of Quick Attack and Blaze Kick. With any luck, it would interrupt the Giga Drain Simisage was using.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:30 pm
The shadows in the corners were creeping ever closer into her vision, more and more of her vision getting obscured and blurry as the suffocation was doing its job. Her hands had fallen away, and she had all but gone completely limp. Of all the ways her end would come, stuck in her head fighting against the corpse of her past self, without even accomplishing her goal. A couple more slow blinks, and more of her vision had gone black, but something else had curiously appeared. Wait, not something, someone. Someone else in the tournament garb of the Snagems with red hair, in a pose she recognized as the one the man took when it was first known that Crystal had been possessed. Wait, that wasn’t what he was wearing when she looked in the picture frame, was it? And there were more details back that didn’t appear in the picture frame. A metal left arm, how the heck did she not remember that of all things?! And finally, his upper face wasn’t covered in an unreasonable shadow, barely making out his brown eyes. “Re...no?...” Her confusion was apparent, as well as the Espeon hybrid’s, as she looked to where Sundaria’s eyes were generally staring at, finding nothing for her sight. The glossy amethyst eyes would look back to the person she was choking out, a curious look appearing on her face, remaining silent otherwise.

The image of Reno would just stare at Sundaria, speaking something that only she could hear. -Crystal. Fight that damned thing.-

Fight that damned thing.

Fight.

Fight!

The words echoed in Sundaria’s head, growing louder until it was all she could hear, over even her own choked out breathing. Behind the image of Reno others would start to be seen for her, Tristan, Terashi, Sub, Odd… Everyone that had fought to save her in some way. They were all staring at her as the fight chant grew ever louder in her head, shifting into her own voice, spurring the hybrid into doing something, anything. “F… ight…”

“Fight? Unless you- GAAAAAHH!” The Espeon hybrid screamed as sharp, golden nails dug into her arms, the shock and pain causing her to release her grip on the lioness’s trachea. A loud gasp would be heard as Sundaria finally got to take in a full breath of air, falling into all fours on the ground from her snug fitting crater in the wall. One hand would move to rest right below her throat as she coughed and sputtered. Her eyes, currently a dull blue that was barely visible, would glance back to the area where she had seen the Snagems. It was almost as if they were never there, but she swore could almost make out a faint image of them, before they disappeared entirely. There would be a twitch upward in the corner of her mouth as she staggered into a standing position, her attention turning to her former self.

“Well. Those claws aren’t just for show then,” ‘Crystal’ snarled, leering at the Solgaleo hybrid. “Will you then show that their effort wasn’t in vain?” Those glossy eyes would watch as the shawl Sundaria wore was unclipped and dropped to the ground, followed by the skirt unraveling and falling off as she pulled the bow out. What was underneath was a very short tank top and athletic shorts, a simple orange color with gold edges and rather close fitting, leaving little to the imagination.

“Yeah. It has been a bit long to have put off dealing with that event,” Sundaria panted, still recovering a bit from her loss of air. “Back when I was first taken over by the Ziton, Reno told me to fight. It’s about time I remembered how to. Should be easier than last time, at least,” she boasted, throwing back the launt from the replicant. “After all, I don’t have anyone trying to absorb my mind and essence. Just trying to kill me. There’s some difference there, at least.” She cracked her knuckles and swished her single tail, eyes beginning to regain their light blue color and brightness.

“Show us then.” The past version of Crystal would float back up and away, creating another swath of Shadow Balls to bombard the Solgaleo hybrid. However, the galactic lioness would react differently, charging forward instead of making her dampening barriers like last time. As she was running, flames began to form at her feet, climbing up her rapidly until she was fully engulfed in flames. The flames grew in intensity as she neared her target, getting extremely close as the Shadow Ball volley launched. While a couple of the orbs hit, her proximity kept her relatively safe overall as her inferno consumed body made contact with the past Crystal, for once sending her flying back and causing the extra Shadow Balls to collapse in on themselves. Sundaria would wince as the flames extinguished themselves, breathing heavily.

“Light, that hurts still… I can’t give in now, though. I won’t!”

“You think you have a path forward,” the Espeon hybrid caught, holding one of her arms as she winced as well. “Do you have the resolve to go through with it, though?” She let go of the arm in pain as a golden orb appeared in said hand, throwing it up in the air and giving off a slight luminescence, appearing to be healing some of the damage, at least.

“I sure do, especially if you play into my wheelhouse!” Sundaria would hold her hands out just in front of her chest as her own glowing orb would begin to form, rapidly growing as it absorbed the sunlight from the faux sun sitting close. “Take this!” The sunlight would blast out as a beam, headed straight for the Espeon hybrid. She stared at it for a moment before taking the full brunt of the Solar Beam, flying backwards with the force. Sundaria would take the moment to do the same thing as the other hybrid, only taking the time to effectively repair the spider web cracks on her upper face before charging forward again.

“We’re not done yet!” ‘Crystal’ would grab a hold of Sundaria and shove her into a wall with Psychic when she got close, doing her damnedest to keep the Solgaleo hybrid away. A quartet of Shadow Balls would form and speed toward Sundaria’s position on the ground, the target hybrid taking note of them as she stood herself back up.

“Too bad! I’m ready to be done here! There’s someone I need to talk to that’s outside of my head,” Sundaria declared, staring down the Shadow Balls before taking a giant leap into the air to dodge the orbs, beginning to shine brilliantly, the black, gold, and orange parts of her body, sans clothing and top half of her face, would glow yellow like the sun, and anything white would give off a brilliant white light. In the center of her forehead, a hollow circle with four points would appear, and the stars that had started to flicker and appear again turned into light blue streaks on her face, as if they were flying by at a rapid speed. Sundaria landed on the ground, flexing her right hand before turning it into a fist. ‘Crystal’ would stand to face down the radiant hybrid, building up as much energy as she could for one final, desperate strike. The two hybrids would stare each other down for what seemed like an eternity before one final charge at each other.

“Our last resort! Let us end this, then,” ‘Crystal’ bellowed, eyes full of frustration and fury as she threw a right hand gut punch at Sundaria, mirroring the physical move Sundaria was doing, but Sundaria’s move was unique otherwise. The Solgaleo hybrid was surrounded by an orangish yellow energy, like she was surrounded by the sun herself, merely screaming as she charged forward for her own gut punch.

--------------------

The light in Sundaria’s forehead would eventually stabilize, but it would remain rather dim for at least a few minutes, as if she was still close to the edge… of whatever horrible thing was happening to her. Suddenly, the rectangles that should contain her eyes suddenly blazed bright, the entire upper half of her forehead lighting up with the light blue streaks and the circle with four points. For a split moment, even some of her body that was visible underneath her shawl and skirt would light up mildly, though those bits would return to their original color almost immediately. Her face would stay lit up like that for maybe a minute before dimming back down, the rushing streaks returning to twinkling stars and the circle fading out. However, the eye sockets would remain their glowing light blue color, and the constellation eyebrows reappeared. Seems whatever bad things were happening might have just passed for the hybrid. For now, at the very least.
--------------------

The two hybrids stood frozen after their attacks landed, waiting to see which one of them would fall first. Finally, ‘Crystal’ spoke up. “Well… done…” her voice returning to normal as she collapsed, a faint smile on her face as the body disappeared before it landed on the ground. Sundaria stared at the ground, still frozen in her attacking stance with her light dying down, returning to her normal appearance. Finally, the Solgaleo hybrid collapsed to her knees, falling into a sitting position of sorts.

“It won’t be like that if the Ziton somehow makes it into my head again… However, that felt... good. Like I didn’t have to be helpless. Huh…”

“So, facing your fear felt good? I assume like there’s been a weight lifted off of your shoulders.” The voice was familiar, and when the lioness looked up, she saw the face of her mixed breed reflection once again, though the light in her lavender eyes and the red hollow circle with four points would be brighter as well. However, she looked different in a way. Almost like she was… more gentle, actually caring, instead of annoyed or serious. She offered her hand to the actual hybrid, helping her stand up. “You say you have plans outside of here. What might those be?”

“It’s time to actually talk to Sub. Maybe Cera first, if she knows, since she… -should- be nearby still.” The primary hybrid looked at the hallway that managed to escape any damage, the hallway with all of the picture frames. However, this time, there would be no empty frames. It brought a smile to both hybrids’ faces, once the second hybrid saw it.

“I suppose it took a near death experience to bring them back. So. What will you ask them about?”

“What’s happened to this reality’s Crystal Tanzanaki, just to be sure. And then reintroduce myself, maybe. Try to explain things. And pray the time gap for me hasn’t made things too awkward. I’m so much older than when I was then, but they haven’t aged at all. However...” The original hybrid looked down and took a deep breath, a smile growing on her face. “It seems like it’s about time to return home. And bring back my original name. Thanks.”

“You’ll do better next time by being more willing to face your fears and past. Good luck, Crystal.”

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but hopefully there’s not a next time. Thank you, though.” Crystal gave a small wave as her reflection simply nodded and disappeared once more, leaving her alone finally.
--------------------

Finally, Crystal’s head would drop as her white irises returned to her eyes, the Solgaleo hybrid falling to her knees as her head almost immediately began giving her a splitting headache. “Oh, for the love of the Light! Gah!” She held the side of her head with one hand, wincing as she spoke. “That’s right, I was trying to think of Donne when I first saw you… Little Bronzor, how the heck are you able to tolerate her forcing you into a polished surface,” she’d ask the Bronzor, in no way expecting an answer from it as she slid herself down into a sitting position.

Cassidy, for his part, didn't react until the rain started pouring down, slowly getting up and walking over to Crystal, shaking his fur out before jumping onto and getting under his trainer's shawl. This would catch her attention and drag the hybrid's attention away from the thoughts in her head, causing her to finally take note of the battlefield. The rain coming down and sliding off the glass that made up the upper half of her face, the Skarmory out attacking Cera's Lapras, the extra steel energy the channeller was giving off... Wait. That last one shouldn't be happening in an up and up battle. "Thanks Cassidy." A few deep breaths to do her best to ignore the pain in her head, and then Crystal would reach a hand out, using Psychic to grab a fair few of those steel feathers flying around and freeze them in mid air at the very least, flying them off the battlefield if possible. "Now now, you should know better. Even if the trainer is a Pokémon herself, both trainers shouldn't be stooping to underhanded ways to influence the Pokémon battle."  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:55 pm
SubonicXP

-----

(1/8 Dens remain.)

Swift’s Quick Attack would indeed catch the rampaging Morpeko off guard, the rodent hybrid tripped and set falling face first into the ground. However this would only keep it down for but a second as it quickly jump
ed back up, whipped around to spot the Dodrio, and give an angry shout in its direction as it prepared to retaliate. At least until Red Baron showed up.

In that moment of distraction the Ember would strike and ignite the Powder coating the Morpeko, causing a violent explosion to entirely consume the hybrid, a thick cloud of smoke and dust resulting after. Things went quiet for a while but then soon enough the Morpeko hybrid would come stumbling out of the smoke, snorting, looking worse for wear, as if it was on death’s door. Locking eyes with Beau again it let out a blood curdling roar, threw itself down onto all fours, made a single lunge forward and then...promptly fainted.

Apparently in those final moments it was nothing but adrenaline and anger that drove the hybrid, and even those couldn’t keep it going any longer. Not the most sturdy hybrid but its power when angry was positively terrified. The hybrid seemed fairly young, inexperienced, and completely undisciplined. It was scary to imagine what such a small hybrid could be capable of with more training. Regardless they were free to snatch up the last two dens in the Soothing Wetlands, both towards the south portion towards Challenge Beach. Amaranth would also spot behind a large rock formation a Roto-drone, just waiting to be activated for the cost of 200. After getting those two dens the team had 460 watts according to their Challenger’s Bands so they had plenty to activate the drone and send someone at Wyndon Stadium a Pokemon. Who would they pick?

-----

The assailant, the Galarian Slowbro hybrid, didn’t see Freth coming and was knocked clear off the top of the tower and sent falling down towards the ocean below. However the hybrid would prove to have mind boggling reflexes as it quick threw its arm ‘cannon’ up and fired expertly at Freth with a bullet of Poison energy which exploded into ‘electricity’ similar to that of a Psyshock and like Psyshock this felt more like a physical hit, like being punched, though dissimilar to Psyshock she could feel the energy try to seep into her as it threatened to poison. For a ‘Slowbro’ hybrid this thing was anything but slow.

After the hybrid hit the water it was quick to begin to swim, not away from Freth per se to safety but it was headed towards the shore where Beau and Amaranth could be seen arriving shortly. Was it planning to sneak attack them as well while they were none the wiser? Likely so.

After sending the Slowbro on its trip on Air Frustration, Freth landed on the roof herself. She then went wide-eyed, seeing the Slowbro move in position in what should otherwise been a rag-doll'd flight to the sea. She braced for impact, the Psyshock blasting her, but this time, this made her collapse once again, just before the Slowbro made impact with the water. She pushed herself back up, but this was different this time. That attack...that didn't feel right. She felt sickly, like a mild poisoning from a Weedle sting or two. She started to cramp up and started to feel like she was getting ready to get short on breath. She didn't want to take a chance...just get the dens at the base of the tower, head back to the dojo, and cash out before she's taken out of the tournament. Again.

She made her way to the edge of the roof of the tower and started a slow descent down towards the beach. But a realization happened. Her instincts tripped. She looked out back towards the sea, and started to notice the Slowbro was still back on the move. No roto-drone evac or anything of the sort. "Son of a..." but odd that he wasn't coming back to her to finish the job. She looked down the sea, seeing two figures off in the distance. And who they felt like. Beau and Amaranth. "Oh no..."

She landed back on the beach, though stumbled a bit upon landing. That psychic poison, as it were, starting to work its damage. She quickly searched herself, pulling out her SNAG. She had trouble pulling it out, and actually getting it open for a few seconds, trying to get it open and call the two. Once she finally done so, she called Beau. "Beau! Watch it! You got incoming from the sea! Some weird Slowbro hybrid! He can pop you at range like some sort of sniper! He's already got me a couple of times...with...ugh..." she staggered a bit, bracing herself against the tower wall. "...with whatever that power he got." she said. "I already dealt some damage to him, but it apparently wasn't...enough to take him out."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:29 am
Odd watched as the battle began in earnest, though, admittedly, it was somewhat of a challenge to keep up with so many Pokémon all at once. He felt he needed to be very aware in this moment given his companions were seemingly inexperienced in regards to battling. When all attacks were called by their opponents, he realized what was happening immediately. These three were ex gym leaders, after all. They had identified the least threatening combatants here and were aiming to take them out fast in order to focus on the bigger threat. Strange choice, he thought, given that they could have simply ignored them both if they had deemed them completely non threatening.

Regardless of the trio’s reasoning, he called out to His partner. “Replay! Aerial Ace! Get over to Charmander and get it out of that wave’s path, then aim for Simisage.” He directed.

The Chatot would not show signs of having heard right away, fluttering in place for a moment before taking off like a rocket, wings stiff as he caught the sea breeze and harnessed it’s speed. A trail of transparent white energy was left in his wake as Replay shot across the island, grabbing Charmander in his diminutive talons and carrying him up and above the Surf as fast as possible. He’d release the fiery reptile to land softly back in the sand after the danger had passed and shot off toward Simisage in a sweeping arc aimed to knock the grass monkey into the sea.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

DeoLux

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:21 pm
After seeing what Odd's Chatot did to help Rex, Deo then decided to do what needed to be done, but also needed to thank Odd for saving his charmander from certain harm. After all, his charmander would have been soaked and crushed if he was not given assistance when he did.

"Thanks Odd! Now Rex proceed to attack the Simisear with a Dragon Breath! Make sure to watch out for any more attacks made by the other two!"

With that said, Rex then used dragon breath on Simisear and looked out for the other allies who were then moving on to attack the very same as he.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:12 pm
SubonicXP

Espeon_Commander

"Oh, rust isn't what I was going for," Cera remarked, Lapras bracing herself for the onslaught from Skarmory. It didn't seem to help a ton as she took residual damage at a rate that seemed almost like cheating. The Mew could tell steel energy was at play beyond what Skarmory was doing, but not enough to fully discern how; if it wasn't the Skarmory's capabilities, it was probably the channeler and she just needed to pinpoint it.

But for the meantime, there were an awful lot of metal feathers in the rain and Lapras was still standing for the moment. Another attack was liable to finish her off already, so Cera would have to go for broke.

"I mean, rain's usually nice. It'd be a real shame if there was a sudden thunderstorm, wouldn't it?"

Still braced and enduring the attacks, Lapras didn't seem to respond.

"...I said, it'd be a real shame if there was a sudden thunderstorm, wouldn't it?"

The emphasis made Lapras perk up a bit as suddenly, a bundle of electricity gathered around her and went skyward, the Thunder attack soon crashing down and dancing along the rain and discarded feathers from Skarmory.

Cera would take a cursory glance over in Sundaria's direction, noticing the pupils seemed to have returned and a little surprised she broke through whatever was going on. But she still couldn't focus on it right now.

---
Reno Vantas

Blizzard120

"I guess they've calmed down," Amaranth remarked, keeping her distance from the fallen Morpeko hybrid. "Remind me to never upset one of those ever again... let's grab these dens before anyone else shows up and try to find Freth. She can't be too far away."

Her detour would, eventually, end up with another one when she found the roto-drone and checked how many watts they'd accumulated. Easily enough for her and someone else to send some, no problem, unless the drone was only usable once. Motioning to Beau about the drone after taking a quick moment to using 200 of the watts to send to Tristen, she'd be quick to start trying to find Freth.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:22 pm
Beau would poke the Morpeko hyrbid once after it had fallen over, staring until he gave a nod. "Yep. Not doing that again. Now then, lets find Freth." He said to Amaranth, giving a quick little faux salute to the Morpeko hybrid before they took off for den clean up and Freth finding.

Turns out it was easier than expected, since Freth was kind enough to call during their stop at....he forgot the name but Beau was going to call it the vending machine. And it seemed that they were about to be under siege from some strange ranged attacker. Well, at least they knew.....oh wait that was bad. Reacting without thinking, Beau would immediately chuck one of his Pokeballs at the ground without looking. Taking a look at what his gut reaction ahd brought out, he would see a small Seedot staring back at him. "Okay. I can work with this. Pistachio! Sunny Day!" Beau called out, taking off in front of his Pokemon before the move could go off. Hoping to get the hybrid focused on him as Pistachio built up and unleashed the blazing sunlight behind Beau to blind it for a moment. Taking the moment he hoped to have, Beau would begin to spread out a smokescreen of Powder to help cover him and Amaranth from whatever attacks were going to be coming their way. He still couldn't see the thing yet but hopefully these defensive measures would force the hybrid in closer.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:27 pm
[Forest of Focus]

(2/5 Dens remain.)

(Participants here: Sundaria, Cera, Lillie)

"...is something suppose to happen?" The Channeler asked as she looked around, befuddled, the awkward silence lingering in the air in that moment of delay between then and the arrival of the Thunder. The woman wouldn't have time to respond to the Thunder, or even see it common, thanks to catching a glimpse of the now fully conscious Sundaria, or Crystal, and then whipped her head around to see the feathers suspended in midair just before the Thunder came crashing down on her Skarmory, the Channeler recoiling and shielding her face from the bright light.

Once it was over it was seen that the Skarmory didn't survive impact, the Channeler sighing to herself as she recalled her Pokemon, Bronzor floating back over to her side. The woman would recall her Skarmory and then release a Magnemite, as if ready to continue the battle.

"I'm impressed, usually I have to show mercy and release them from the reflection, or at least it takes them much longer to find their way out. Kudos. Hope you learned something." She said to Crystal, then looked back at Cera. "Shall we get back to our game?" She said, flicking a finger up which caused a steel feather behind Cera to come to life as it launched off the ground and threatened to slice the Challenger's Band off of Cera.

In that same moment Magnemite clung to the Channeler and the woman would make a high and far leap thanks to some sort of magnetic abilities, Bronzor firing off a Flash Cannon at Cera as the Channeler and her Pokemon attempted to take the Mew by surprise and steal away her Challenger's Band as it was cut off of her, the Channeler proceeding to make massive leaps as she attempted to flee. Clearly she had no interest in dealing with Cera and Crystal.

“Fairy fair!” Clefairy cried out to Crystal, the little Fairy Pokemon having came up to her side at some point and now pulled at her finger, a wave of energy flowing into the woman as Clefairy empowered her with Helping Hand. The purpose was clear, make that Channeler pay for hurting Lillie and Cera.

-----

(0/8 Dens remain.)

A few seconds after Freth delivered her warning to Beau and Amaranth via SNAG a ball of energy which ignited under the sun came flying out of the ocean, the Weather Ball passing through the Powder surrounding and igniting it. Looks like for once Beau beloved Powder explosion was being used against him.

Walking out of the ocean with purpose was the Galarian Slowbro hybrid, the hybrid tapping the side of its Scope Lens, adjusting the settings on it as he pointed his shell cannon at the area where Beau and Amaranth stood, or once stood, the cloud of smoke still fresh. Ignoring Freth, figuring she would be down for the count for now, the ocean behind him responded as the tide went out and a giant Surf began to form behind it, the wave quickly approaching and threatening to sweep them out to sea.

As for Freth, was someone talking? She could definitely hear a voice, far off and quiet. Sounded familiar.

-----

[Workout Sea, Ditto Island]

(0/2Dens remain.)

(Participants here: Deo, Odd, Brian)

Simisage would let out a squeak as Lu came zipping right up to him and delivered a fiery kick, the monkey unable to react to it in time. Before it could even recover from that Chatot came in and delivered an Aerial Ace of its own and swept it off its feet, sending it splashing into the ocean nearby.

Simisear had its own problem to deal with as the Dragonbreath bore down on it, the monkey shielding its face with its arms. While the attack stung it didn’t do a terrible amount of damage, still wasn’t something the monkey enjoyed to be on the receiving end of.

“Not bad!” Cheren declared. “But it’s not over yet! Time to season this dish! Grass Pledge on Lu!” The Grass trainer called out. His monkey would come stumbling out of the ocean, soaking wet but now cloaked in a pulsating shroud of Grass energy thanks to its Overgrow ability activating. With a cry the monkey would slam its hands onto the ground and unleash its energy into the Earth. A large column of Grass energy would shoot out of the ground beneath Lu’s feet and slam into him from below. The field would respond by gaining a green glow and blades of grass and other plant life growing out of the sand.

“Distract the bird, Chili.” Cress called out to his brother. “Simipour, Water Pledge on Lu next!” The Water trainer commanded. With a clap of its hands Simipour would then slam its palms onto the ground and summon forth a geyser of Water energy from below Lu, just as the Pokemon was recovering from the first one. The Water Pledge would be just as powerful as the Grass Pledge thanks to the combo that was made when two Pledge moves were used. The residual Water energy would then mix with the Grass energy in the sand and quickly, before their eyes, the island seemed to ‘sink’ into the ocean, creating a swampy mess which threatened to bog and slow down anyone who was grounded.

"Simisear, Flame Burst on Chatot!" Chili ordered, Simisear spitting out a large ball of fire at Chatot, the ball bursting on impact and causing embers to rain down across the field threatening its teammates.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:43 pm
With the message delivered, that was it. Freth was done. She needed to get out before she was forcefully taken out. Grab the watts from the den and make it back to the Dojo as fast as she could. As she went to go find the dens in question, figuring no one would have gotten to it yet in such a short time frame, her assumption would quickly be proven wrong. She was hearing something...rather someone. Close by. "Oh come on...now?" Freth would silently say to herself. She trudged off around the tower, hugging it tight to make sure that whoever was around wasn't going to spot her. If whoever it was did get the dens, then she would just have to cut her losses...but then again, she only got 185. She needed 200 before calling it quits at the dojo and she was starting to feel worse by the minute. Blast that hybrid.

As she got closer, she started to realize something. That voice...familiar? She peered around slowly, hoping it wasn't any unwelcome company.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:52 pm
Blizzard120

Freth would find a den behind the tower and the voice gone. After approaching the den and taking the 50 watts, thus having enough to turn in, the voice would speak up again just as she moved from the den. "You won't make it there in time." It spoke to her, where it was coming from she couldn't deduce. "It certainly must carry an antidote, otherwise what would it do if one of its teammates or Pokemon were accidentally poisoned? This hybrid is too experienced to be that reckless." It continued.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

DeoLux

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:52 pm
Seeing that the Simisage went flying into the ocean and came out wet and weakened. Deo grinned with some confidence and looked to rex and gave his word. "Rex, dry the wet simisage off!!" and with a smirk, Rex gave the Simisage a nice Ember attack and as Rex did that Deo, now is pondering which one to attack first, the fire or the water...

After the command he also realizes that his charmander is in the middle of a mess of swamp and water, seeing this he then realizes that Rex looks a bit weary, "char....char....." Rex says with some anger under his breath and he starts heating the very ground he is on....

"Rex? You ok bud?" Deo says with a bit of worry.

"CHAR!" Rex yells as he has flames forming and surrounding him and he then uses Blaze with the very same move.

"Oh boy" Deo says in shock and realizes that the water around him and Rex is starting to evaporate.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff