Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
The Order of the Stick ~ Open 56-57 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:05 pm

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

third year || Slytherin || halfblood
Art Club resource || Daily Dragon writer || Quidditch reserve || LARP art historian

Echo felt a gentle ache looking around and realizing that Pietro and Ella wouldn’t be at this evening’s Order of the Stick meeting. What was this feeling? Running around with a foam sword had seemed so silly before, but she had finally been convinced to give it a try herself last year…and by the end, she looked forward to Monday evenings where she could whack someone in costume. She could just…be here.

No, certainly nothing as sentimental. Perhaps Echo was going to miss having competent leaders around who knew how to weave a story in with the play fight, who had stupidly persisted in encouraging her to come and join even after a full year and a half of sitting on the sidelines. Maybe one day they would meet again and never speak of this club they had shared.

”Good evening, Galen,” Echo greeted, handing over the usual form.

”Hey Echo! Love the outfit! It looks like you’ll be joining everyone on the battlefield this year again?”

”Of course, darling. Where else would I be?” Echo smiled, proud of her work and twirling for effect. She had worked very hard on assembling this outfit: a high collar, puffed sleeves, a part-open waistcoat, heeled thigh-high boots, and reflective bracers accented with gold-tinted aluminum. The bow alone had taken all of August to get right, but finally, with Momma’s help, they had fashioned an elegant bow with scaled-wing motifs, complete with a quiver of spongey foam-padded arrows. The design had, of course, been Milan’s, but the club members needn’t know that.

Name: Echo Angharad Wellbelove
Year: 3rd
RP Experience Level:Sufficiently
LARP Experience Level: Last year.
Are you a member of The Adventurer's Guild? No
Race/Class/Style Preferences: human.

setting Order of the Stick, September 2055 || with Galen of the stupidly gifted metamorphmagus kind
appearance 5'0”, slim || wearing Archer costume
status Reminiscing

EDIT: added Echo's form because I forgot >.>"

”QUOTING”

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Primadonna girl, yeah
All I ever wanted was the world
I can't help that I need it all
The primadonna life, the rise and fall
You say that I'm kinda difficult
But it's always someone else's fault
✩★
~"Primadonna Girl" by Marina and the Diamonds

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:33 am
User Image
User Image
You can go the distance, you can run the mile
You can walk straight through hell with a smile
You can be a hero, you can get the gold
Breakin' all the records they thought never could be broke

User Image

Halfblood | First Year Gryffindor | Eleven Years Old
Autumn 2055 LARP Club Territory With: New folks
Wearing: Just regular clothes Status: -Logan has joined the party!-

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Logan had never properly LARPed before. In fact, he only just learned what that word meant when he saw the poster hanging in the Gryffindor common room amongst the other club ads. He was already considering Drama Club anyway, but this seemed even better–after all, nothing that got you moving outside was bad in his book! Getting to dress up and fight with fake weapons? Sign him up.

What he hadn’t expected was everyone to already be in costume for the first meeting, and completely killing it. “Wow, you lot look great! I don’t have a costume yet, is that fine?” He filled out his form and handed it off to the bearded viking, who he could only assume was the captain since he seemed to also be Keeper of The Forms. “Name’s Logan. Logan Strife. I could um...” He glanced down at his own attire; just regular clothes, bought a tad too big with the expectations he’d grow into them over the year. They didn’t scream fantasy, but… Maybe some kind of hoodlum. “I could play a thief for now, probably. Or something like that?”

Name: Logan Strife
Year: First
RP Experience Level: We’ve all played pretend at some point, right?
LARP Experience Level: Okay so maybe not with other people.
Are you a member of The Adventurer's Guild? Nah.
Race/Class/Style Preferences: I’m open to anything! Show me the ropes, Cap.

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
username

Do it for your people, do it for your pride
How you ever gonna know if you never even try?
Do it for your country, do it for your name
'Cause there's gon' be a day, when you're
Standin' in the Hall of Fame

Trickblues

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:37 am

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

fourth year || Slytherin || halfblood
Art Club resource || Daily Dragon managing editor || Quidditch reserve || LARP art historian

Echo Angharad didn’t have as much time to make a custom outfit and weapon this year, but she still had plenty of outfits she’d compiled and gotten help making. Today, she had repurposed the fur accent from two years ago into a coat and added a few belt accents and touches to her boots. Fashionable and interesting, perfect for in-costume and out. At her side was a foam-tipped spear– Bow combat had not been quite as interesting as Echo had wanted last year, but thankfully she had picked up a few other weapons over the year and ultimately decided on a spear this year. And she still had her bow– spelled brown to match her new costume–slung on her back.

More confidently, she had ideas for a coherent and exciting roleplay story this year. Galen was evidently more trained in tabletop games, which may have worked for the Adventurer’s Guild, but Echo understood that part of being part of a Live Action Role Play was to be part of action. Thus, last year’s Order of the Stick had entire meetings where there wouldn’t be so much whacking as just standing about roleplaying–not a terrible thing, but Echo was here in (secret) part to whack some peers with a foam stick. And last year’s drama-heavy tale of spies and betrayals had–while entertaining–involved a bit too much deathbed monologing and not quite enough stabbing for Echo’s taste’s.

”Good evening, Galen,” she greeted with her usual mix of politeness and superciliousness as the metamorphmagus captain joined her with a trunk of supplies levitating behind him.

”G’evening Echo,” Galen replied cheerfully. He had

”I had a proposal for a story for this year’s roleplay,” Echo said, handing over a small packet of information she had compiled for the purposes of ensuring her proposal was met with understanding. She quickly jotted her information down as she explained. ”We are members of fantasy kingdoms on the brink of war. Every meeting will involve at least a skirmish or encounter between the opposing human and fae kingdoms, and the build up to or resolution of the skirmish.

“So, for example, my character Angharad Fierro is a human huntress out in the Forest of the Fae. I was technically exiled from the human kingdom, but now that the humans are on the brink of war with the fae, perhaps the humans will want a skilled fighter at their side. Or perhaps I will choose to side with the fae against my own kind.”
Echo swept her coat around and twirled the spear at her side with a flourish as she handed the form back. She smiled, confident in her idea.

As she was speaking, other members had arrived and Galen waved in greeting. ”What do you folks think?”

[b]Name:[/b] [url=PROFILE LINK HERE] (Name) [/url]
[b]Year:[/b]
[b]RP Experience Level:[/b] How familiar are you with the concept of an RPG[/b]
[b]LARP Experience Level:[/b] Have you ever participated in live-action roleplay before?
[b]Are you a member of The Adventurer's Guild?[/b] If so, do you intend to play out scenes/battles from a campaign there, or use a character created in that club?
[b]Race/Class/Style Preferences:[/b] What sort of games do you prefer, what sort of characters do you like to play? Urban fantasy vs sci-fi, mages vs brawlers, etc etc

Year: 4
RP Experience Level: Good.
LARP Experience Level: 3 years in club.
Race/Class/Style Preferences: Proposed Human ranger.

setting Order of the Stick. First meeting, September 2056 || with Captain Galen, other LARP club members
appearance 5'4”, slim || wearing Fur lined coat and outfit with a foam-tipped spear and bow.
status Surely this idea will be received well by the other club memebers.

Galen is captain technically. But I'm ghosting him here because Echo had more to say.

”QUOTING”

Anything you can do, I can do better!
I can do anything better than you!
Anything you can be, I can be greater!
Sooner or later I'm greater than you!
✩★
~"Anything You Can Do" by Dionne Warwick from Annie Get Your Gun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:35 pm
We are young
We are strong
We're not looking for where we belong
We're not cool
We are free
And we're running with blood on our knees

User Image
User Image

Muggleborn Grчffındor Fırst Yeαr a** Kıcker

*¸.✬★*´´☽ Nare had never really given LARPing much thought before this, but to be fair she'd had actual video games and MMORPG with usable wifi before. Quidditch was well and good for her thrill seeking but she needed something a lil extra to get her itch for fantasy (which was highly ironic considering she constantly felt like she was living an actual fantasy but whatevs). She spotted a few older students-some dressed up which she thought was pretty cool-and jogged the rest of the way over to them. She hadn't brought much since she wasn't sure what she could and couldn't and she didn't want to get kicked right off the back. Plus the flyers said they didn't mind newbies so hopefully they kept to it. "Um, so, gonna be completely honest. I have no idea how any of this is supposed to go. But I like running, I like fake fighting, and I'm very good at evil monologues. Do with me what you will." Nare gave a slight flourish at the end of her words.

Name: Narine Pritchard
                                              RP Experience Level: I'm more familiar with online RPG's but I'm willing to learn!
                                              LARP Experience Level: None whatsoever
                                              Are you a member of The Adventurer's Guild? No..should I be?
                                              Race/Class/Style Preferences: Dwarf or gremlin, thief, no real preference

I could change the world
I can make it better
Kick it up and down
Took a chance on me
When you fake a smile
And you think you're better
Gonna put it down

User Image
Quote:

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:20 pm
User Image
                                                  Switch on the sky and the stars glow for you
                                                  Go see the world 'cause it's all so brand new
                                                  Don't close your eyes 'cause your future's ready to shine

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Nora stepped slowly into the room for She had changed a few things around with her clubs. There were a few that she didn’t really find herself all that interested in anymore and others she had decided she wanted to give a go. “The Order of the Stick” was first on the list.

However, this whole thing wasn’t totally in her comfort zone. That was what had stopped her from joining the last two years, but she’d finally worked up the courage. More or less. On paper, it seemed right up her alley. She enjoyed acting, was killer with a sword, and had played DnD with her cousins a few times. This was the logical next step. Plus who didn’t love having a chance to dress up? Though at the moment her costume left a little something to be desired. Right now she was more pirate-y than anything. Which made sense considering most of the costume was repurposed from a pirate costume from last Halloween. Maybe once she got the hang of things she could make something better.

Nora glanced around the few other students that had gathered. She was sure she’d seen them around but didn’t really know any of them per se. After a second of hyping herself up she stepped all the way in and made for the rest of the club. She stepped up just as a student she hadn’t met was explaining that she had no idea what was going on. “That makes two of us,” she said with an awkward laugh, rubbing the back of her head. “I’m Nora by the way,” she said to the gathered group, not sure if the older two students knew her name and knowing the first year definitely didn’t.
                                                  ----

Name: Nora Dashwood
                                                  Year: 3rd
                                                  RP Experience Level: How familiar are you with the concept of an RPG I’ve played Dungeons and Dragons a few times
                                                  LARP Experience Level: Zero
                                                  Are you a member of The Adventurer's Guild? No...
                                                  Race/Class/Style Preferences: Half-Elf Ranger is my go-to in DnD. I’m a big fantasy girl…and I like pirates but I don’t know if they count.

════════════════════════

It's just a matter of time, before we learn how to fly
                                                  Welcome to the rhythm of the night
                                                  There's something in the air you can't deny

null
                                                  null

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Zack Knapp
Gryffindor First Year

"What is my role?"

Zack wasn't quite sure what was going on in this club - something about fantasy stuff. He wasn't sure, he thought he might be able to use a stick, but maybe not. He quickly realized - it was a RP group. That was an interesting thing, he looked at the one who seemed to be leading it, but he wasn't sure if she was the leader. He figured if the goal was to play make-believe he could do that, he shrugged, and spoke up, "The name is Zack Knapp and if I'm being honest - as long as whatever we do means that I get to be your enemy, I'm for it." He also had hopes he could make some sort of fake fire thing, but that was for another day.

Name: Zack Knapp
RP Experience Level: 0
LARP Experience Level: None
Are you a member of The Adventurer's Guild? Not yet - but I'll have to go check that out too.
Race/Class/Style Preferences: Fire.

"Mad inventor of course!"

Setting: Order of the Stick
Thoughts: Sticks?
Wearing: Red shirt, black pants.

“”

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Karah ThomasUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Slytherin Third Year
Quidditch PlayerUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Jedi in TraininingUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Order of the Stick Believer

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

Karah wasn't too sure about going to a new club, but she had heard there might be some fellow Jedi in training in the club - or maybe some bad guys she wasn't sure - but someone who could help her get stronger toward her belief. She knew though - she had to get to know more people, for her brother's sake. She had to get to know more people so she could introduce them to him - and he would be able to make more friends despite his obsession with magical creatures. She took a deep breath, then walked into the club she had a game plan - just pretend all these people were animals, magical creatures, and she was there to befriend all of them so her brother could meet them. She put on a smile, and spoke up, "Hello fellow creatures of this earth, glad to have met you all. I am Karah Thomas - it's a pleasure."

Form
Name: Karah Thomas
Year: Third
RP Experience Level: No Experience
LARP Experience Level: Life is an RP
Are you a member of The Adventurer's Guild?No and No
Race/Class/Style Preferences: None?

"It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness."

Thinking about: This is not going to go well
Wearing: Weekend clothes

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:18 am
User Image
User Image
Mama said don't give up, it's a little complicated
All tied up, no more love and I'd hate to see you waiting
They say it's all been done but they haven't seen the best of me
So I got one more run and it's gonna be a sight to see

User Image

Halfblood | Second Year Gryffindor | Twelve Years Old
Quidditch Team (Reserve) | The Order of the Stick
Autumn 2056 LARP Club With: Galen, Echo, lots of new kids.
Wearing: Costume, lute, and fake elf ears. Status: Whoo! Let's gooo

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Logan was ready to go this year. His nana had been so nice to help him make a costume, and he put plenty of thought into what he wanted to try and do this year. He even managed to find a lute in the old consignment shop, and set to work on teaching himself to play a couple simple tunes. He wasn’t half bad! Well… His dad covered his ears sometimes. But Mum and Nana Biddy seemed to like it. There was only one burning question in his mind as the year approached, one that he still hadn’t an answer for.

The boy raised his hand to the sky in greeting as he approached the group, an relaxed grin on his face and his lute carried under his other arm. “Heyooo! New year, it’s gonna be great, right?” Logan shifted to hold his lute properly and strummed a random chord three times in quick succession, mimicking his excitement. “Galen, Echo, help me out! So I’m thinking I wanna play a bard this round, right? But I liked being a thief, too, so I’m like… Maybe I’ll dual-class? But I kind of wanna branch out, too, and I’m thinking I want to join another club to help me really get into character and act it out right. So I could do Fite Club, and be like… A bard monk. Or, I could learn sword fighting. A bard knight? Bard thief? That would be pretty killer too, right?”

Name: Logan Strife
Year: 2
RP Experience Level: Some, not a lot.
LARP Experience Level: I've been here before. I think I'm starting to get it down!
Are you a member of The Adventurer's Guild? Nah. Sitting that long would drive me looney.
Race/Class/Style Preferences: I really like fantasy! I don't care about the plot. I'm all in either way!

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Just tagging since he spoke more directly to Echo and Galen, feel free to ignore. heart
Addaellis

Had to have high, high hopes for a living
Shooting for the stars when I couldn't make a killing
Didn't have a dime but I always had a vision
Always had high, high hopes

Trickblues

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:44 am

User Image☻☺
GALEN EZREAL SAYLOR

fifth year || Hufflepuff || halfblood metamorphmagus
Adventurer's Guild chronicler || Art Club cartoonist
Order of the Stick background captain || Cooking Club sous chef || Quidditch fan

Galen whistled as he set up for the Order of the Stick: there was a chest of old donated props and costumes that he laid out, along with a handful of forms and a breaking self-inking quill: the ink colour occasionally changed, leaving the text a weird mix of black, gray, and orange.

Next to the forms he set a binder of pictures next to the forms: pictures, Daily Dragon articles from previous years. Echo Wellbellove being part of the club meant there was always some feature, even if it was just photos of the various costumes and prompts. Speaking of Echo, Galen was surprised the Slytherin quadruplet wasn’t here, much less waiting for him: She was usually early, dressed in a costume she’d designed with her brother, and swinging a foam-tipped weapon around. He knew she was at school: he had seen her brandishing a beater’s bat yesterday morning. She hadn’t said anything about not being at LARP when they exchanged greetings. Well, maybe she was just late.

Galen picked out a couple of foam swords and swung them around. When someone else arrived, he morphed his features as alien as he could: for a moment, he had solid black eyes, glowing pink skin, and his hair was long and gray with green tips. He looked about two feet taller, and when he smiled, his teeth were long and jagged. He managed to swing the sword around in a dramatic flourish before all the effects fluttered into something more playful and true: his normal height, long gray hair with glowing yellow tips. "Greetings human...humanoid creature! Arm yourself!" He tossed one of the foam swords at them, then lunged playfully forward, brandishing the other sword.

[b]RP Experience Level:[/b] How familiar are you with the concept of an RPG[/b]
[b]LARP Experience Level:[/b] Have you ever participated in live-action roleplay before?
[b]Are you a member of The Adventurer's Guild?[/b] If so, do you intend to play out scenes/battles from a campaign there, or use a character created in that club?
[b]Race/Class/Style Preferences:[/b] What sort of games do you prefer, what sort of characters do you like to play? Urban fantasy vs sci-fi, mages vs brawlers, etc etc

setting September 2057, evening || with LARP club members
appearance 5'7", gray hair and solid black eyes. || wearing giant yellow jacket and black jeans
status Let's do something fun today!

Hello, hello supernova sunrise,
hello where have you been all my life?
Gotta wake up and breath again (Oh)
Restart my heart and make it beat again.
Burn, burn rise supernova sunrise.
☺☻
"Supernova Sunrise" by We Are Leo.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:05 am
User Image
                                          All I know is nothing happens if you just give in
                                          It can't be any worse than how it's been
                                          And it just so happens that we just might win
                                          So whatever happens! Let's begin!

User Image
                                          ════════════════════════

Nora walked toward the Order of the Stick with her shoulders back and head held high. Ever since her first time coming to the club meeting at the beginning of last year she'd gotten a bit...obsessed. Especially with costumes. Since then she'd been slowly piecing together a proper outfit. Now that it was more or less complete she wore it more than she maybe cared to admit. And every time she did, she felt powerful. She couldn't help but walk a little straighter and maybe swagger just a bit. She popped her knuckles as she arrived.

Nora immediately caught sight of Galen and couldn't help but smile. He was swinging around a couple of swords, looking quite happy. When he saw her approaching he began to shift almost immediately. The metamorphmagus had become some type of alien. Probably. She'd always been ever so slightly jealous of the few metas around the school, but now she was thinking she preferred being an animagus. There was something special about turning into a little dog and lying in the sun.

When Nora was closer, Galen shifted again to a slightly toned-down version of what he'd been. As he spoke she smiled again. She snatched the foam sword out of the air as it flew toward her. In a single movement, she had pushed back one leg, brought the sword up to the level of her head and back, and the other arm stretched a bit forward toward Galen. "Try me," she paused looking him up and down, "...creature," she said, trying very hard not to laugh. Nora had found herself getting more and more into the roleplay over the last year, but sometimes she couldn't help but notice how absolutely silly it was. She didn't have any problem with it, but every so often it had to be acknowledged.

~~~

Year: 4
                                          RP Experience Level: Pretty good
                                          LARP Experience Level: All last year
                                          Are you a member of The Adventurer's Guild? Nope
                                          Race/Class/Style Preferences: Half-Elf Ranger
                                          I'm most into fantasy but I don't mind stretching my likes a little. Also I'm very into Star Wars and swords and lightsabers are the same thing if that means anything

════════════════════════

null

SherbertLemondrop

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:42 pm

User Image☻☺
GALEN EZREAL SAYLOR

sixth year || Hufflepuff || halfblood metamorphmagus
Adventurer's Guild chronicler || Art Club cartoonist || Creature Appreciation Club enthusiast
Order of the Stick captain || Cooking Club executive chef || Quidditch chaser

Echo Wellbelove was already sitting out by the spot, twirling around in her costume when Galen arrived with the chest of donated props to set up for the Order of the Stick. ”Galen, long time no see” shechimed, but there was something off about her usually sweet tone. She sounded…less sweet, but more…vivid? Like she actually missed him.

”G’evening, Echo!” Galen replied cheerfully and wondered what was off. Echo hadn’t come to very many Order of the Stick meetings last year– studying, as he learned– but she did show up for a few, and she was here now. ”Great costume, as usual. Any plans for a plot?”

”I just threw something together. I’m sure you have something wacky and ridiculous in mind, Captain?”

She had called his ideas wacky and ridiculous before, but there was something about this time that was different. Galen had observed over the years of being in two clubs and classes together that Echo seemed more…relaxed? Friendly? She was different in Order of the Stick. Today seemed…almost more affectionate though? More…genuine. As soon as Galen thought that, Echo seemed to morph. Like how he might change his appearance with his metamorphmagus abilities, Echo’s appearance seemed to change: She just looked livelier and more at attention. He blinked, and she was the same girl he’d known the last few years in class and club: at attention, perfectly poised and lightly supercilious, as though she was critiquing everything that passed her gaze.

”I did have something in mind,” Galen said with a glimmer of mischief, setting aside his analysis of his friend down along with the club forms. His skin turned wrinkly and his brown hair turned long and gray. His irises turned pale, flickering occasionally as he tried to maintain such a detailed change. ” ‘Ello, young’un,” he croaked in the direction of the next club member to show up. ”’Ave you come to join the Order?

[b]RP Experience Level:[/b] How familiar are you with the concept of an RPG

setting Order of the Stick, September 2058 || with fellow LARPers
appearance 5'9", Long, gray hair and beard, wrinkly skin, pale gray irises || wearing bright yellow jacket and black pants
status New School Year, New Campaigns

If you mention your character's LARP character name from last year, I'll have Echo reference it in a reply post.

Also same profile pic because I didn't get to use his box one NEARLY enough crying

”QUOTING”

☺☻

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:56 am
User Image
                                          All I know is nothing happens if you just give in
                                          It can't be any worse than how it's been
                                          And it just so happens that we just might win
                                          So whatever happens! Let's begin!

User Image
                                          X════════════════════════X

The hood of Nora's cloak was pulled up, a smile across her face. There was something about walking in a cloak that made her feel downright giddy. However, she was trying to seem cool about it. Over the years her costume had gotten more and more extravagant. She was now in full costume, every detail perfected to her liking. It felt weirdly natural like she could dress like this everyday without a care. Alas, uniforms were a thing and frankly, the gambeson was a little heavy.

As she approached the group she caught sight of Echo and the form of an older person with a long grey beard. She had a strong suspicion of who that might be. She slowly (and maybe a touch dramatically) removed her hood, letting her hair fall around her shoulders. As the old man addressed her Nora made a fist and put her hand across her chest. She gave a small bow along with the gesture, noticing the flickering eyes as she did.

As she raised from the bow she spoke. "I am," she replied, staring at the man. "You have my sword and my bow," she added with a twinkle in her eyes, suppressing the urge to laugh at her own reference.

Year: 5th
                                          RP Experience Level: Well this is year number four I think so pretty good
                                          LARP Experience Level: Same as above
                                          Race/Class/Style Preferences: Anything and everything but Half-Elf Ranger is my go to

X════════════════════════X

addaellis

SherbertLemondrop

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:30 pm

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

sixth year || Slytherin || halfblood
Art Club resource || Daily Dragon managing editor || Quidditch seeker || Order of the Stick warrior

With her quadruplets out of usual form and her own tantrum over getting Es, Echo had completely forgotten to prepare a costume for the Order of the Stick. She hadn’t even been sure if she would return after barely attending meetings last year. But then this morning she had looked out onto the fields where the Order usually met and been struck by a flash of inspiration.

Echo spent the day in a frenzy: she tore through one of her nice dresses with a seam ripper and spelled it a darker colour. She transfigured her bed’s curtains into a heavier, faux-leather that she made into a belt and long shoe covers. Owl fluff collected from the owlery–or rather bid a younger student to collect—, cleaned with spells and glued to a strip of fabric were attached to the dress as a trim along the neckline. A few snake fangs from the potions storeroom were strung into a pair of otherwise nice but plain earrings. A few unfortunate bugs were transfigured into buckles and attached to the ends of her belt. She sliced one of her nice dress gloves apart for an asymmetric look, setting the other side off with ribbon. Finally, just before club she tied her hair in a high ponytail set off with a long snake fang. She added a snake motif in gold dust to her eyeshadow, downed a potion of warmth she’d spotted in the storeroom, and headed downstairs.

”Great costume, as usual. Any plans for a plot?”

Echo beamed at the praise. Sure, Galen probably would have complimented her if she’d worn a frumpy oversized sweater and messed up her hair into damp curls, but she thought her improved costume was quite elegant actually. ”I just threw something together,” she preened, before deflecting his question about plots. As Galen turned to the next arrival with a playful voice, Echo jotted her information on the form and sifted through the chest for the foam-tipped spear she knew she’d left behind sometime last year.

“And my axe,” Galen replied, the flicker in his eyes turning to an amused glow as he caught Nora’s reference. He grabbed the nearest foam weapon off the pile–most certainly not an axe. “It is good you have come.”

Behind them, Echo found her spear and twirled it around fancifully, grinning as the familiar weight settled back into her palms. ”Particularly so, as our elder seems to not recognize his own axe!” she acknowledged, stepping next to them so they formed a triangle. She swapped the foam sword in Galen’s hand for an axe with a worn chuck ripped out of it, then turned to Nora and mimicked her bow. She–well, Echo wasn’t sure what was going on, but making things up with half the fun of LARP. “It seems we were indeed destined to meet again, ser. Elder, just how far did you call for aid? Is the situation truly so dire?”

Galen waved the axe in hand. ”I fear it is. The scouting party we sent to An Aisling Faoi Thalamh managed to send word. They found it. An Tromluí.” he held up a scrap of parchment with a single word scrawled on it: Nightmare.

Year: 6
RP Experience Level: Quite.
LARP Experience Level: Just in club
Are you a member of The Adventurer's Guild? No.
Race/Class/Style Preferences: Fantasy settings, sword or spear fighting, and elf or fairy races.

setting Order of the Stick, first meeting of 2058 year. || with Nora and Galen
appearance 5'9”, slim || wearing An artfully torn dress
status Screw the world, let's just play.

[quotex="Sherbert Lemondrop"]

I don't want to be the one
The battles always choose
'Cause inside I realize
That I'm the one confused
I don't know what's worth fighting for
Or why I have to scream
✩★
~"Breaking the Habit" by Linkin Park. Cover by Jonathan Young.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:08 pm
Find table spaces
Say your social graces
Bow your head, they're pious here
But you and I, we're pioneers

User Image
User Image

Muggleborn Grчffındor Thırd Yeαr a** Kıcker

*¸.✬★*´´☽ Nare rushed out to the club spot her makeshift pickaxe slung across her back and making sure her pointed ears stayed in place. She'd really dug into her dwarf character over the years, finding and making fake armor to wear over her layered clothing and going a bit extra with the braids in her hair. She's contemplated a beard but worries it would be too itchy and it would ruin the set if she tried to rage quit by tearing it off mid fight scene. Seeing the regular crowd already there, she gave wave before getting excited at the sight of a sheet of paper. A quest? A map? A map to a quest?!? Who knows! "Hey everyone! Sorry I'm so late, I misplaced a boot and it ended up taking me ages to find it. What's the sitch?"

Name: Narine Pritchard
                                          Year: Third
                                          RP Experience Level: How familiar are you with the concept of an RPG
                                          LARP Experience Level: Pretty familiar now!
                                          Are you a member of The Adventurer's Guild? Not really? Like, I go to meetings sometimes but not as often as others.
                                          Race/Class/Style Preferences: Dwarf fighter with an improviser subclass

So gather all the rebels now
We'll rebel rouse and sing aloud
We don't care what they say no way, no way
And we will leave the empty chairs
To those who say we can't sit there
We're fine all by ourselves

User Image
Quote:

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:38 am

User Image☻☺
GALEN EZREAL SAYLOR

sixth year || Hufflepuff || halfblood metamorphmagus
Adventurer's Guild chronicler || Art Club cartoonist || Creature Appreciation Club enthusiast
Order of the Stick captain || Cooking Club executive chef || Quidditch chaser

It was the last week before exams—and the second to last meeting of the Order of the Stick. Today, the yearlong campaign would draw to a close. In two weeks when they next convened, they would discuss epilogues, then consider ideas for the following year.

But this evening, the various sides were gathered for the final battle to determine the fate of the land.

In the past few months, the Order’s fortress had been besieged– the elder that had sent out the call for aid had fallen to sickness and been captured by the Nightmare. Over the year, some of the players themselves had fallen in service of the Nightmare. There was…a possible cure, but the only way to deploy it meant luring the Nightmare itself into physical form and into the trap at the innermost sanctum of the Order’s fortress. If the cure didn’t work…then the Order was lost.

Galen, fully back from the hospital Wing, set the scene for everyone: “As folks have told me, we ended last time with the gates crashing down. Logan, we last saw Gedeon Arseid being consumed and possessed by the Nightmare as he defended the gate. Their purpose has been corrupted, but in that darkness, there is some hope–we have the Nightmare in physical form. Nora, have you got the cure? Great. Then that’s where we’ll start.”

Galen hopped off the box and threw his hood up–the sign they used to indicate a club member playing as a character fallen to the Nightmare. He gathered a few of the others who were playing characters that had been taken by the Nightmare and started across the way, giving the defenders a few moments to set up.

Echo quickly took his place, twirling her spear with a flourish and addressing the Order members in character: Raevyn Starstriker had made a name for herself this campaign, and after the demise of the Elder, she had taken on the mantle of direction–or in this case, rallying: ”Right! Order of the Burning Stick! Fight now, brethren! For your homes and families, fight, for your redemptions and oaths!”

setting Order of the Stick, last week of May 2059 || with fellow LARPers
appearance 5'9", black hair, and red eyes || wearing 70's British Punk Death costume XD
status Nightmare Campaign Finale

For reference, my characters have:
Galen - the Elder (dead, now he's just a random archer in the Nightmare army)
Echo - Raevyn Starstriker, ranger in the Order. Using a glaive.
Aurais (occasional attendee) - Seoras Croiuaigneach, farmer turned warrior of the Order. Using a pitchfork and shield.

You've been tagged if you ever had a character in LARP. Feel free to tag people who aren't regular members in too, like I'm doing with Aurais.

Trickblues

Yukina101

SherbertLemondrop

Stefan Lee Salvatore

☺☻

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out