Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Cults, heresies, Pseudepigrapha and other religions
Beware “The Pure Word” New Testament!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:28 pm
Part One: What is “The Pure Word”?

What they claim to do and what they have actually done are two different things. They claim to have (at long last!) gone back to the original Greek to produce the perfect and pure paraphrase of the King James Version, one which they imply will cause the misunderstandings in the Christian church to evaporate! [see their video on their page] So Arminians and Calvinists, Baptists and Pentecostals will finally be able to see the light and shake hands all around!

Let the buyer beware of claims that a new key has finally, after 2000 years, unlocked the true hidden meaning of the Bible. That is why my stomach clenched when the first thing I saw was “The Pure Word is an unprecedented New Testament resource, over 20-years in the making, that reveals the original Koine-Greek depths-of-meaning from the time of Christ…[allowing the reader to] experience deeper scriptural meaning that has never before been achievable in English.” Oh, and their claim that all, 100%, of Bible translations are “riddled with inaccuracies that never referenced the original Greek scriptures” and “incredibly rarely did they ever go back and look at even of the few original Greek words. Never mind this project which took over 20 years and a major scholarly group looking at every single word in the Greek.”

Continue reading: link  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:39 am
I don't know man. That sounds mighty suspect to me personally. I feel like all this re-changing stuff is really a bunch of intellectuals who wanna change the word to fit some sort of agenda usually. Its like I made a previous post about the "inaccuracies in the bible" in another topic. But like if we're going by scholar standards, the Bible has more manuscripts to compare and contrast than any other work in history. Which really for whatever reason seems to burn peoples biscuits real bad when you point that out. "Beware" indeed if you ask me.  

knives699874

Erekhar Amnesuor

Witty Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:58 pm
I'll stick with my catholic bible. Got more books in it anywho.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:20 am
Saint Erik
I'll stick with my catholic bible. Got more books in it anywho.

Big facts.  

knives699874

Cults, heresies, Pseudepigrapha and other religions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces